What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 138 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#4111 Old 07-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Y'day:

Lots of lemon water and a stinging nettle burdock root infusion with some lemon and ginger.

A frozen banana/grape juice/blueberry/romaine lettuce smoothie.

A big salad with zoodles, butter crunch lettuce, kale, carrots, red bell peppers, cucumbers, garden onion, beet greens, topped with chickpea chickenless salad, sriracha hummus, and a drizzle of roasted garlic balsamic.

Tomato sandwiches on chickpea rosemary garlic flatbread with veganaise, sriracha hummus, lettuce, red onion, and fresh basil leaves with freshly picked and shelled steamed peas, and a serving of quinoa tabbouleh.
Tom and Spudulika like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4112 Old 07-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday:

B - Banana, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon
L - Salad sandwich on wholemeal bread
D - 2 x meat-free burgers in a wholewheat bun with sliced marinated artichokes, sliced pickled gherkin, sliced pickled jalapenoes, lettuce, sliced onion, mayo, tomato and chilli chutney, and a side of reduced fat frozen oven chips (really good!)
#4113 Old 07-02-2017, 07:48 AM

Delicious! Today was the 1st time I tried it. This is the only fake meat I've ever eaten that is A) yummy and that B) didn't make me sick. (I got REALLY sick from eating Qorn products.)

I also made peach and spinach juice but I haven't had any yet.
Spudulika and Thalassa like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4114 Old 07-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Banana with coconut yogurt and maple syrup

L - Leftover brown rice Paella Veduras* (yum yum, even better the next day) served with fresh lemon wedges (extra yum)

D - Quorn Vegan fishless fingers with tomato ketchup, parsley mashed potatoes (so much parsley, it was pure green) and peas

P - not sure yet, may have a bit of wholewheat toast and spicy bean pate* later if peckish

* both recipes on the latest page of the 'what did you cook lately' thread.
#4115 Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Bandit

I had a banana and some juice for breakfast, and thick sliced vine tomatoes salted on toasted sourdough bread with Vegenaise for lunch. Trying to keep it light so that I can pig out for the 4th later since we have so much good food for the holiday.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4116 Old 07-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesprinkles View Post

Delicious! Today was the 1st time I tried it. This is the only fake meat I've ever eaten that is A) yummy and that B) didn't make me sick. (I got REALLY sick from eating Qorn products.)

Those are bomb with Chipotle Tabasco and Daiya blue cheez dressing on whole leaf romaine lettuce wraps.

Doesn't Quorn have dairy and eggs in it? Am I wrong? Is that just Morning Star?

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4117 Old 07-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quorn has some vegan options just like Morningstar. The mycoproteins are a problem for some people though.

I haven't seen Morningstar BBQ riblets in quite a while. They were vegan and really really good!
Just looked at Morningstar website and they're still listed
Spudulika likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#4118 Old 07-05-2017, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

B - wholewheat toast with hm. spicy red bean pate

L - leftover hm. brown rice Paella Veduras served with lemon wedges

S - sliced banana, Koko coconut yogurt, maple syrup

D - hm. Cajun black-eyed beans served with brown rice (yet more), baked sweet potatoes and steamed cabbage

Last edited by Spudulika; 07-05-2017 at 10:06 AM.
#4119 Old 07-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post

Doesn't Quorn have dairy and eggs in it? Am I wrong? Is that just Morning Star?
There's a growing Vegan Quorn range, I think that's a big deal in the UK as Quorn leads the market in faux meat products here; in no small part due to their very successful marketing which has targeted 'health conscious' non-vegetarians in particular.

The middle aged, middle classes (among other groups) have really embraced Quorn as a regular menu item; in particular things like Quorn sausages and mince, have become really popular due to their 'high protein', 'high fibre', 'low fat' nutritional profile. I think the prominence of the Quorn brand has been a part of the increasing 'normalisation' of non meat eating in the UK.

Now, due to consumer pressure from a growing vegan market, those groups who have adopted Quorn for health reasons are being presented with vegan options with a big green 'Vegan' on the label. That can only be a good thing, as it's a positive association, helping to raise awareness of this 'vegan' thing and hopefully curiosity in customers. I've also read that Quorn's CEO would like to take the whole range Vegan, but that it will take time to reformulate all the products. I think it's a logical progression for the company, and more good news for both vegans and veganism

The story is no doubt different in the US, as Quorn was a latecomer to your supermarkets, but here it's been in mainstream supermarket freezers since back in the 80's.
Thalassa likes this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 07-05-2017 at 12:40 AM.
#4120 Old 07-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

So far, a cup of lemon/ginger/burdock root infusion and some vine ripened blueberries, sugar snap peas, and a few sweet potato greens during my morning stroll and harvest.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#4121 Old 07-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Well, the last vegan thing I ate was a handful of red mulberries I picked off a tree on my way to the bus stop. They were good, but I JUST missed the bus and had to catch the next one 10 minutes later. I should've taken my time and really chowed down. :P

Before that, for lunch, I had a vegan burrito/wrap: rice, garbanzo beans, fresh spinach leaves, and pickled hot peppers for a bit of flavor. And 4 plain pitas left over from dinner at a middle-eastern restaurant. Water to drink.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 07-05-2017 at 04:10 PM.
#4122 Old 07-06-2017, 03:57 AM

I have tried to be a vegan but its to hard to stop eating chesse, milk product or butter. I'm vegeterian and I'm trying to cut down dairly product and animal food product, but for now I can't be 100% vegan. Does anyone can tell me what you having on breakfast, lunch and dinner? Are you eating the same thing all the time? I know its a healthy option of live that's why I'm trying to be a vegan.
#4123 Old 07-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantheMan2 View Post
I have tried to be a vegan but its to hard to stop eating chesse, milk product or butter. I'm vegeterian and I'm trying to cut down dairly product and animal food product, but for now I can't be 100% vegan. Does anyone can tell me what you having on breakfast, lunch and dinner? Are you eating the same thing all the time? I know its a healthy option of live that's why I'm trying to be a vegan.
Read this thread for ideas. Plenty of pages to go through.
You can also type "what vegans eat" or something similar on YouTube if you want something more visual. There is a lot of videos like that.
As for eating the same things all the time, it's going to depend on the person. Some people do that, others don't. BUT, vegan food can be very varied, so you DON'T have to eat the same thing all the time.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#4124 Old 07-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Emma JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantheMan2 View Post
hi Dan

As Jess said there are a lot of good ideas right here in this thread and on other threads and online in vegan youtube videos etc.

Here are a few of our favourites:
Breakfasts

• cereal with fruit (Shredded Wheat or Spoonsize Shredded Wheat)
  • toast w/jam and nut butters (sprouted breads, eg Ezekiel)
  • pancakes with berries and maple syrup
  • pancake bars
  • porridge or "oats" with berries
  • hash browns (with veggies)
  • breakfast beans on toast
Lunches

• homemade soups with pita bread
  • breakfast beans on toast
  • sweet potatoes with salsa or antipasto or beans
  • leftover rice with beans or lentils
  • toast with avocado
  • beans with noodles
  • all leftovers
Dinners/Suppers

• pasta - a variety of pastas topped with a variety of sauces and veggies
  • mashed potatoes with bean burgers (or bean loaf) and greens
  • roasted potatoes and vegetables with bean loaf or salad
  • simple vegetable chili on rice or potatoes or with tortillas chips or pita bread
  • burrito / rice bowl
  • refried bean casserole
  • pizza
All the best with your journey.

Emma JC
Spudulika likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based
for the animals, for the environment and for health (plus it's delicious)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Find a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4125 Old 07-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

B - just a cup of coffee
L - Paella Veduras (brown rice, tomato puree, broad beans, vegetable stock, green beans, onions, garlic, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, spices, parsley, lemon)
S - banana, coconut yogurt, maple syrup
D - soy sausages, chips, sweetcorn, peas, broad beans, mustard, ketchup
#4126 Old 07-09-2017, 07:00 PM

I love reading these haha

B - cereal with strawberries and vanilla almond milk
S- sprouted-grain toast with peanut butter
L - kale caesar salad with avocado
S- kombucha & tea popsicles
D- brown rice with refried beans, spinach, squash & yams
S- coconut yogurt with fruit and pumpkin seeds

I also love snacks
Spudulika likes this.
#4127 Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM
person

B - the usual oats and banana but with almond milk for a change and black tea instead of coffee
L - took a slice of vegan bread put linseed oil on it then spread it with peanut butter. All I can say is the taste was - interesting.

Raw almonds an cashews in-between

a cup of coffee with soy

D- it's hours until dinner time here.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#4128 Old 07-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Emma JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
slice of vegan bread put linseed oil on it then spread it with peanut butter.
lol - the differences in the english language between countries are funny - here in Canada linseed oil is used only for furniture varnish... flax oil for ingestion...

Emma JC
BlueMts likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

#4129 Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma JC View Post
lol - the differences in the english language between countries are funny - here in Canada linseed oil is used only for furniture varnish... flax oil for ingestion...

Emma JC

The label says Flaxseed. Linseed oil is what you use for thinning oil paints, LOL. the only difference is the purity and of course they don't bother with cold pressing it . I still feel like I'm painting when I open the bottle of flaxseed oil because they smell the same
Emma JC likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#4130 Old 07-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Vegan cheese taste (red leicester and jalapeno flavour) test on crackers

L - Soya burger in wholewheat bun with 'red leicester' cheese slice, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo, chilli chutney and gherkin. Served with skin on fries

D - Black bean and bulgar chilli with tortilla chips
Emma JC likes this.
#4131 Old 07-11-2017, 12:33 AM

You only think you are eating organic

Growers are contaminating crops by adding "Feathermeal" to the fertilizer! Feathermeal is ground poultry feathers from non-organic poultry processing plants. It is widespread and very difficult if not impossible to find organic fertilizer without this additive. Protest to your organic stores. Not great to ingest the pharmaceuticals that are fed to poultry through soil contamination
#4132 Old 07-11-2017, 12:44 AM

You only think you are eating organic

Growers are contaminating crops by adding "Feathermeal" to the fertilizer! Feathermeal is ground poultry feathers from non-organic poultry processing plants. It is widespread and very difficult if not impossible to find organic fertilizer without this additive. Protest to your organic stores. Not great to ingest the pharmaceuticals that are fed to poultry through soil contamination
#4133 Old 07-11-2017, 07:20 AM
Emma JC

Yesterday

B: banana, berries, flax meal, cocoa powder plus a pita with peanut butter
L: large grapefruit, some pretzels
D: homemade chili - veggies and beans - full huge pot, can each kidney and black beans, added an extra tablespoon of chili powder mmmmm so rich (and I added cabbage to this one)

Today

B: rolled oats porridge with berries, banana, flax meal and fresh squeezed orange juice

(hadn't added the flax meal yet)

Emma JC
Spudulika likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

#4134 Old 07-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Today (last entry was yesterday)

B - banana
L - brown baguette stuffed with salad
D - veggie sausages, mashed potatoes, steamed green cabbage, steamed carrots and onion gravy
P - not sure yet?
Emma JC likes this.
#4135 Old 07-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday

Had a banana for breakfast

No lunch

Dinner was baked potato with thick coconut yogurt (I used this instead of sour cream - it was OK, but coconuty!) and chives, pan fried butter bean and leek patties (recipe here), broad beans, sweetcorn and diced tomato.

Alcohol free beers later (not bad, it was a work night)
Cold crisp toast topped with jalapeno 'cheese' and finely sliced red onion.

Today

Missed breakfast

Plain baked potatoes at work (in the microwave)

Dinner is whole lentil and potato stew (recipe here) with bread and 'butter'. I love this meal, it's so tasty and satisfying.

Evening snack was Berry Bircher Muesli

Last edited by Spudulika; 07-13-2017 at 11:49 PM.
#4136 Old 07-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesprinkles View Post

Gardein is my favorite meat substitute company.

Their fishless filet and the Mandarin crispy chicken are my favorites.

Today I had one of the most amazing burgers I've had in my life, VG Beyond Burger from a southern California chain joint, Veggie Grill:

https://www.veggiegrill.com/menu.html#vg-beyond-burger
#4137 Old 07-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

So far several glasses of water, a peach citrus white tea infusion thing from starbucks, a banana, and some pancakes I made, with cardamom and cinnamon instead of the sugar, and maple extract and almond extract instead of vanilla extract. De..Flipping...Licious.
Emma JC likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#4138 Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Chocolate dip donut and dulce de leche cupcake
Asparagus, broccoli, and Gardein Mandarin Chick'n
Hot dog with relish, and fried onion slices
Smoothie (banana, pineapple, mango, hemp protein, wheatgrass, flax, and greens)
Potatoes, fava beans, hearts of palm

The dulce de leche cupcake was from a vegan bakery, and the hot dog from a vegan restaurant. Don't freak out lol.
Symondezyn and Emma JC like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 07-15-2017 at 05:24 PM.
#4139 Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Beginner

Pigged out today.

2 bowls of pumpkin flax cereal with soy milk and blueberries.

Bag of lentil chips.

3 Gardein fishless filets with sweet potato fries

Brown rice, corn, and kidney beans with Gardein crispy chicken and veggie egg rolls

Plate of mixed greens (kale, broccoli) with a tomato, corn, and kidney beans.

Whew!
#4140 Old 07-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Been craving milkshakes like a mofo on these hot summer days, especially whenever I ride by the various ice cream parlors and such, so I tossed some coconut water, romaine lettuce, hemp seeds, and frozen bananas into the vitamix and am now in milkless-shake heaven. Might even make another one after I finish mowing. Talk about incentive to get it done. lol
Symondezyn and Emma JC like this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page