What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 136 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1951Likes

#4051 Old 05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Beginner

Breakfast and lunch were light since we were busy at work, small whole wheat thin buns with peanut butter.

Dinner was vegan pizza! The place I always go to actually gives you the option to create your own pizza and leave off the cheese if you want, and their dough is made with no eggs, no added sugar, and no added oils! It really was tasty, and I almost ate the whole large thing in one sitting.

Snack was mixed berries and a bowl of flax cereal with hemp seeds and almond milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4052 Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 PM

Breakfast: Flat wrap with Daiya cheddar cheese, avocado, broccoli sprouts, spinach, chick peas and hot sauce.

Lunch: PureLean protein powder, flax/chia seeds, PB2 powder, and almond milk shake.

Snack: Apple

Haven't had dinner yet, but I'm thinking ramen.
#4053 Old 05-27-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanveggie View Post
Breakfast and lunch were light since we were busy at work, small whole wheat thin buns with peanut butter.

Dinner was vegan pizza! The place I always go to actually gives you the option to create your own pizza and leave off the cheese if you want, and their dough is made with no eggs, no added sugar, and no added oils! It really was tasty, and I almost ate the whole large thing in one sitting.

Snack was mixed berries and a bowl of flax cereal with hemp seeds and almond milk.
Where did you go for pizza? Love finding new places that make it easy to be vegan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4054 Old 05-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

B- Peanut butter toast with cinnamon and cardamom, and a glass of water
L-Trader Joe's Vegan Tikka Masala and a glass of water
D-Veggie burger with Just Mayo, relish, onion and homegrown lettuce, along with rainbow potato salad (I fund rainbow carrots at the store, and rainbow potatoes, and, well, couldn't resist) and raw brookies for dessert.
blue_green_gold likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#4055 Old 05-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn View Post
Where did you go for pizza? Love finding new places that make it easy to be vegan!
It is a small chain located in the San Diego, California area.

There are several other pizza places that offer vegan options, and many pizzerias that don't specifically offer vegan on the menu will prepare pizzas as per your request (no cheese).

Today was a nice cheat meal day.

Did not eat breakfast but lunch was a bag of potato chips, mochi with azuki bean paste, wakame seaweed salad, and an assortment of veggie sushi rolls.

Dinner was Chipotle sofritas burrito.
#4056 Old 05-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Lots of lemon water and some burdock root/stinging nettle infusion.

Cantaloupe and bananas.

Red grapes and fresh picked strawberries.

A huge salad made with local greens and veggies topped with chickpeas and hemp hearts and papaya poppy seed dressing.

A couple Brazil nuts.

Grilled portobella caps served on toasted g/f multi-grain bread, with just mayo, heirloom tomato, red onion, fresh basil leaves, and fresh spinach along with some grilled corn on the cob and grilled purple cabbage.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#4057 Old 05-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Plant Powered

B: kombucha; black tea with soy milk, 2 pcs. sprouted light rye toast with jam

L: kombucha; giant green salad with homemade cashew based ranch dressing, and slices of smoked garlic pepper tofu; half a bowl of miso noodle soup

S: small bowl of coconut turmeric popcorn

D (planned): elbow noodles with cashew based garlic chive cream "cheese" and spinach
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#4058 Old 06-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Beginner

'Breakfast' was a handful of granola (Engine 2 brand) and water.

Lunch was at a nearby fast food place, Del Taco. Ordered french fries, two bean tacos with lettuce, and a veggie burrito. Unfortunately the veggie burrito had sour cream on it (did not know it had sour cream from the menu). I mean, it was smeared throughout the thing. No one wanted it so I threw it away.

Dinner was a cup of brown rice penne pasta with Japanese style curry sauce and a plate of mixed greens (broccoli, tomato, kale) with hummus.

Snack was a big plate of mixed frozen berries.
#4059 Old 06-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: pasta salad (wholewheat conchiglie, grated carrot, shredded cos lettuce, diced cucumber, diced tomato, sliced red onion, tomato puree, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper)

Dinner: fajita wraps
wholewheat tortilla wraps
filling 1 - spicy vegetables: sliced peppers, sliced onions, sliced garlic, olive oil, homemade fajita seasoning mix
filling 2 - refried beans: pinto beans, olive oil, onion, garlic, vegetable stock, spices
filling 3 - salsa: tinned chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, hot chilli sauce, finely diced red onion
extras: sliced avocado, pickled jalapenos

Evening Snack: oat biscuits x 4
#4060 Old 06-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Bandit

Breakfast - sourdough toast w/ hummus and salsa, coffee

Lunch - Yves veggie dogs on whole wheat bun, w/ mustard, ketchup, purple onion, tea

Snack - banana and 2 figgy pops (they are snacks made from fruit and nuts, shaped like a little ball, they sell them at Costco), tea

Dinner - chickpea flour and red lentil flour pasta (as much protein as actually eating beans and rice, with a lovely scent while cooking) topped with olive oil, marinara and nutritional yeast

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4061 Old 06-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Bandit

Quote:
'Breakfast' was a handful of granola (Engine 2 brand) and water.

Lunch was at a nearby fast food place, Del Taco. Ordered french fries, two bean tacos with lettuce, and a veggie burrito. Unfortunately the veggie burrito had sour cream on it (did not know it had sour cream from the menu). I mean, it was smeared throughout the thing. No one wanted it so I threw it away.

Dinner was a cup of brown rice penne pasta with Japanese style curry sauce and a plate of mixed greens (broccoli, tomato, kale) with hummus.

Snack was a big plate of mixed frozen berries.
The veggie works burrito from Del Taco was one of my favorite foods before I went vegan. Now I get the half pound bean burrito with green sauce and no cheese. They have great french fries.
oldmanveggie likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4062 Old 06-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

B: Cold brew coffee with soy milk and a baggie of almonds

S: Banana

L: Leftover mashed potatoes and gravy

D: Stirfried veggies and spicy tahini sauce over basmati rice and salad.

S: Orange juice and rum, it's the weekend!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4063 Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
The veggie works burrito from Del Taco was one of my favorite foods before I went vegan. Now I get the half pound bean burrito with green sauce and no cheese. They have great french fries.
I will have to try that next time.

Today I pigged out.

Breakfast was bowl of steel oats mixed with granola, hemp seeds, blueberries, and soy milk.

Lunch was cup of brown rice penne pasta with Japanese curry sauce, broccoli, tomatoes, and kale.

Snack was pear and bowl of mixed berries.

Dinner was Gardein fishless filets, one baked sweet potato, and a kale/tomato/hummus salad.

Second snack was bowl of granola with soy milk and hemp seeds!
Spudulika and Thalassa like this.
#4064 Old 06-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Day before yesterday I did a 36 hour water fast (ie: 1 whole day)

Yesterday:

B - Broke my fast with a huge mug of herbal tea with herbs from my garden (lemon balm, apple mint, rosemary) and half a tbsp organic agave

Lunchtime I had homemade baked tofu, sesame and millet patties with stir fried rice on the side (short grain brown rice, rice bran oil, spring onions, cucumber, crisp lettuce, celery, carrots, chestnut mushrooms)

Suppertime I had a bowl of homemade butternut and apricot tagine with wholewheat couscous

Today on the menu:

B - banana and coconut yogurt with maple syrup and cinnamon

L - rice salad (brown Basmati, petite pois, sweetcorn, sliced celery, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, capers)

D - penne all'arrabbiata (wholewheat penne, tinned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, chilli flakes, olive oil, butter beans)
#4065 Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Beginner

Brunch was a whole wheat tortilla wrap with hummus, black beans, and kale.

Dinner was lentils and Gardein 'chicken' strips, and a side salad of kale with tomatoes and hummus. I think I really need to do something better with the lentils. I'm just boiling them and eating them salted but it taste so bleh. I might try mixing them up in some soup or sauce next time.

Snack will be a cup of soy milk and a plate of berries.
#4066 Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 PM

B: double espresso and about a quart of water

L: Tofurky slices on 7 grain bread with dijon mustard, a huge bowl of mixed salad greens with a bit of Daiya ranch dressing, and a big bunch of organic red grapes

D: mung dahl basmati kitcheri with sweet potato, collards, a generous spoon of sesame oil, and Indian spices, and a bag of fresh organic cherries

Snack: mixed salted nuts
Spudulika likes this.
#4067 Old 06-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Sauteed onion, chickpeas, and tofu
Some gardein mandarin chick'n (no sauce)
Rice with beans and cabbage

And got Ben and Jerry's peanut butter and cookies ice cream knowing I wouldn't like it since I don't really like ice cream just to see what the hype was about. I was right... didn't like it.
Spudulika likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#4068 Old 06-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Quote:
Brunch was a whole wheat tortilla wrap with hummus, black beans, and kale.

Dinner was lentils and Gardein 'chicken' strips, and a side salad of kale with tomatoes and hummus. I think I really need to do something better with the lentils. I'm just boiling them and eating them salted but it taste so bleh. I might try mixing them up in some soup or sauce next time.

Snack will be a cup of soy milk and a plate of berries.
I like to saute some garlic, onion, and ginger together in a pot (in either veggie stock, earth balance soy free buttery spread, or coconut oil), then add veggie stock and the lentils and whatever other veggies I have on hand and feel like adding and cook until done. Sometimes I just add frozen peas, coconut milk, and some curry. Yum!!!

Lately, when we have an abundance of greens, I'll cook them down with some water then blend them really well with the stick (immersion) blender and use that as my "stock" for soups. It tastes amazing. I use carrot greens, radish greens, beet greens, onion tops, kale, spinach, mustard greens, turnip greens, etc., etc.

So far today, I've had lots of lemon water and some freshly picked strawberries and black raspberries.

Just finished steaming some peas that I'm gonna "mash" with the stick blender and add some garlic, hemp hearts, and nutritional yeast.
Spudulika likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#4069 Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Sliced banana over Koko coconut yogurt (close in flavour and texture to Greek - so pleased to have discovered this, I used to LOVE Greek yogurt) topped with maple syrup and ground cinnamon

L - Brown rice salad (as above)

D - Burgers in wholewheat buns with (drum roll...) lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, sliced marinated artichokes, tomato & chilli chutney, and sliced pickled jalapenos. Handful of reduced fat oven chips on the side.
#4070 Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
Burgers in wholewheat buns with (drum roll...) lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, sliced marinated artichokes, tomato & chilli chutney, and sliced pickled jalapenos.
The answer to the omni accusation that veggie food is boring.
#4071 Old 06-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_green_gold View Post
The answer to the omni accusation that veggie food is boring.
Hehe! My burgers are delish now - much more flavourful than the old kind. I did have to squoosh them down a bit though; they looked like a vegan version of something from 'Man v Food'.

Today:

B - banana, coconut yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon

L - brown rice salad

D - baked vegetable fingers, parsley mash, baked beans, sriracha sauce

S - oat biscuits

Last edited by Spudulika; 06-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.
#4072 Old 06-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowqueen68 View Post
Breakfastumpkin oat bran with almond butter topping 1 slice alvorado street sprouted bread toasted 1 cup orange juice Dinner:blackbean burger,lettace,tomato
On your black bean burger: did you make it yourself? I tried to make my first homemade black bean burgers and they fell apart when I was cooking them.. Any suggestions?
#4073 Old 06-08-2017, 10:39 AM

Breakfast- Fruit smoothie with blueberry, pineapple, mango, strawberry, Spinach, chia protein powder, OJ and Soy Milk.
2nd Breakfast (ha ha, no I'm not a hobbit!!) Steel cut oats with dried cranberry's, sliced almonds and brown sugar.
Lunch - Pita bread stuffed with my crumbled black bean burger and brown rice with lettuces and tomato.
Dinner - Fajita's with red, green and yellow bell peppers, black beans, brown rice, tomato, lettuce and Habanero salsa.
Desert - (which is my favorite) homemade strawberry ice cream.

Last edited by savinganimals; 06-08-2017 at 02:03 PM.
#4074 Old 06-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Had lots of lemon water and some stinging nettle infusion upon rising.

Ate a big thick slice of watermelon for break-fast.

Munched on some wild plantain and sweet potato greens while checking on the garden.

Have been taste testing all afternoon while making up picnic vittles for our evening meal:

Spicy curried chickpea salad
Rosemary chickpea flat bread to dip with
Stuffed some miniature sweet peppers with the chickpea salad
Baked some banana/oat/chocolate chip cookies

#4075 Old 06-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Fruit & Fibre cereal with unsweetened almond milk

L - pasta salad (wholewheat conchiglie, diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced red onion, grated carrots, shredded cos lettuce, tinned sweetcorn, tomato puree, tomato ketchup, cider vinegar, dried oregano, olive oil, dried chilli flakes, salt & pepper)

D (later) - Cajun black-eyed beans, brown Basmati, baked sweet potatoes, steamed savoy cabbage
#4076 Old 06-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Beginner

First meal: bowl of Ezekiel original grain cereal, a little bit of instant steel oats, 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds, handful of blueberries, all in a cup of almond milk. Side of papaya (yum)

Second meal: whole wheat wrap with brown rice, black beans, Gardein beef crumbles, and some flax seed tortilla chips.

Snack: Cup of soy milk and a plate of mixed berries

Last meal: cup of brown rice penne pasta, tomato sauce with Gardein beef crumbles, and a side salad of broccoli/tomato/kale in hummus!
#4077 Old 06-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast was banana and soya yogurt

Lunch was the last of my pasta salad

Dinner is baked chick'n (Quorn fillets) in creamy mushroom sauce, served with mash and green beans

ETA: Evening snack had a glass Alpro chocolate soya milk (love this) and a couple of Oatie Crumble biscuits

Last edited by Spudulika; 06-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.
#4078 Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Breakfast: Instant oatmeal with almond creamer and sliced strawberries
Lunch: Buffalo chickpea salad on top of greens with vegan ranch dressing and sriracha lime pretzels
Dinner: Pasta, artichoke, spinach, and mushroom wonderpot
Dessert: prob gonna have some fruit or oreos

'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.' -Neale Donald Walsch
#4079 Old 06-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Grazed the fresh berries allllll morning, along with some watermelon.

Had fresh peaches and a few bananas for lunch, and then some..

Had kale chips with nutritional yeast and some curried hummus for a snack.

Gluten free pasta tossed with fresh basil, garlic, and roasted cherry tomatoes, sprinkled with some nutritional yeast and hemp hearts.
Spudulika likes this.

#4080 Old 06-13-2017, 04:28 PM
person

Nothing yet. Got to wait another 15mins before I can eat anything.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page