What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 135 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#4021 Old 05-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Banana
2 x quarterpounders (soya) in wholewheat buns with lettuce, tomato, marinated artichokes and pickled jalapenos.
Avocado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4022 Old 05-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Crockpot oat groats, coconut and cinnamon topped with fresh strawberries

toasts with peanut butter
Daiya peach yogurt

cold macaroni salad with chickpeas, celery, onion, Just Mayo, black pepper
cashew milk

Sampled some gluten free vegan sweet potato flatbread I made ahead for my Mom for Mothers Day (I also made her some split pea soup)

Very busy day yesterday with gardening!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4023 Old 05-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Had a really long day; breakfast was just a banana, lunch was a roll with mushroom pate and salad, then dinnertime I came home thinking 'I've no idea what I'm going to do for dinner'.
When I got in I discovered he'd made us homemade vegan lasagne, and I'm really quite proud of him
He found the vegan mince in the freezer and cooked up a homemade mince and vegetable ragu, then found a jar of dairy-free bechamel sauce in the cupboard and the lasagne sheets and put it all together. When I got in it was ready to come out of the oven and even the washing up had been done - very tasty too, there's hardly any left! Full stars.

ETA: I ate three portions o.O

Last edited by Spudulika; 05-14-2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason: greed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4024 Old 05-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Beginner

For breakfast had a bowl of Nature's Best flax cereal with three tablespoons of hemp seed, almond milk, blue berries, and 1 banana.

For lunch I had two whole wheat soft tacos with hummus, kidney beans, and vegetable medley filling (broccoli, cabbage, kale).

I just cooked dinner. Yesterday I originally bought a bunch of vegetables based on some menus I saw online. But I got lazy so just chopped up some kale, tomatoes, red potatoes, basil, celery, and garbanzo beans and boiled them in water with some salt and spices. I'll put that stew over some brown rice.
Naturebound and Spudulika like this.
#4025 Old 05-14-2017, 12:50 PM

Brunch:

Amy's California veggie burger on Rudy's whole wheat bun with low fat Vegenaise and organic ketchup and relish

Pineapple Peach kombucha with two teaspoons of matcha added!
Spudulika likes this.
#4026 Old 05-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I've had a lovely day of vegan food today.

Breaky was a banana smoothie

Lunchtime we had baked potatoes topped with chickpea 'tuna' and sweetcorn mayonnaise (this stuff is surprisingly 'fishy'; not strong, but it's there in a good way) with a green salad on the side

Dinner we had Mexican wraps filled with a bunch of different fillings: homemade refried beans, spiced sauted peppers and onions, simple tomato salsa, pickled jalapenos and shredded lettuce with lime.
oldmanveggie likes this.
#4027 Old 05-15-2017, 05:36 PM

Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: brown rice, broccoli, mushrooms
Dinner: Minimalist Baker's Eggplant Parmesan
Spudulika and oldmanveggie like this.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#4028 Old 05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Oatmeal and banana (and coffee)

two cinnamon/raisin toasts (Rudy's Organic Bakery Bread)
little container of homemade hummus and raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherry tomatoes)
Cashew milk

quinoa with black beans, coconut, onion, collards, lime juice, and avocado
Cashew milk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4029 Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Fabulous

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit and I drank orange juice
Lunch: Tofu Scramble on a whole wheat English muffin
Dinner: Veggie in a whole wheat pita wrap (veggies were lettuce, cucumber, onion, mushrooms, and green peppers)
Snacks throughout the day were like crackers and vegan candies and cookies lol
#4030 Old 05-15-2017, 06:55 PM

Skipped breakfast because it was my day off and I slept until noon oops
Lunch: Tacos with vegan beef crumbles, daiya cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes
Dinner: elbow macaroni with chopped tomatoes, celery, corn, and veggie broth
Snack: Strawberries and cream frap from Starbucks with soy milk and no whip
#4031 Old 05-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Beginner

Lunch was two big sushi hand rolls. Nori filled with chopped carrots, cucumber, avocado, and brown rice, dipped in light sodium soy sauce.

Dinner was two soft tacos, whole wheat tortilla, hummus, kidney beans, and veggie medley (kale, broccoli, cabbage).

Snack was a bowl of Nature's Best flax with almond milk, hemp seeds, and blueberry. Also a bowl of frozen berries and pear for dessert!
Spudulika likes this.
#4032 Old 05-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast was a banana and a mug of chamomile with agave

Lunchtime a had a BIG filling bowl of pasta salad, made up with wholewheat conchiglie, diced cucumber, Cos lettuce, grated carrot and yet more of that chickpea 'tuna' and sweetcorn stuff (I'm going to have to make something else for lunch soon...).

Dinner we're having Hopping John made with Cajun black-eye beans, brown Basmati, steamed shredded greens and baked sweet potatoes (one of my favourite meals).
#4033 Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Fabulous

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit (I always top my oatmeal with maple syrup yum!)
Lunch: Spicy veggie tofu wrap: sautated green red and yellow pepeprs onion carrots and tofu and flavoured it all with soy sauce, saracchia chilli powder and paprika then added in some cous cous and put it all in a tortilla.
Dinner: Vegan chili: http://www.shelikesfood.com/1/post/2...gie-chili.html
and of course snacks were junk food lol such as oreos because I'm addicted to them lol
Thalassa likes this.
#4034 Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast was wholemeal toast with sunflower butter and yeast extract

Lunch was the last of my 'tuna' and sweetcorn pasta salad

Dinner is an Indian feast!
We're having saag aloo (potato and spinach curry), chana masala (chickpea and tomato curry), paratha (Indian flatbread) with mixed Indian pickle on the side

oldmanveggie likes this.
#4035 Old 05-17-2017, 11:08 AM

Just had breakfast! McDougall Hot and Sour Noodle Soup.
#4036 Old 05-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Breakfast was cup of steel oats with granola.

Lunch was bean burritos from Trader Joe's and an apple.

Dinner was hummus on whole grain bread, kale, and tomato. The bread tasted gross though. Snack of veggie tortilla chips.

Dessert was a bowl of flax cereal with blueberries, cinnamon, and hemp seed in almond milk.
#4037 Old 05-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Veggie Regular

oatmeal, vanilla soy yogurt, flaxmeal

two cinnamon/raisin toasts (Rudy's Organic Bakery Bread)
little container of homemade hummus and raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cherry tomatoes)
Cashew milk

chickpea flour omelet with salsa, chopped collard greens, onion, nutritional yeast; handful of tortilla chips; cashew milk

#4038 Old 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Banana
L - Hash browns, sausages (soya), buttered toast (sunflower)
D - Fishless fingers, chips, peas, bread and butter
#4039 Old 05-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Lots of lemon water, some stinging nettle/wild plantain/burdock root sun "tea", baked banana slices sprinkled with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, baked granny smith apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, hemp hearts, and raisins, a garden salad topped with my eggless chickpea salad, and soup made with 5 different types of greens (lacinato kale, curly kale, mustard greens, arugula, and bok choy) cooked and blended with a stick blender, then added lentils, corn cut from the cob, radishes, red onion, frozen green peas, coconut milk, cumin, curry, cilantro, garlic powder, dulse granules, sea salt, turmeric, and black pepper served with gluten free cornbread made with flax meal egg replacement and almond milk.
Spudulika likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#4040 Old 05-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

So Delicious coconut ice cream sandwich
Potatoes, fava beans, hearts of palm drizzled in olive oil and with minced garlic
Grilled toast with Chao cheese and Tofurky slices
Roasted asparagus with lemon juice, garlic powder, and black pepper. Garlic rice
Sauteed chickpeas with garlic powder, with tofu and onion
Chocolate almond milk

I really like garlic...
gemmarose, Spudulika and BlueMts like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#4041 Old 05-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Beginner

So far...

Huge brunch: - plate of kale with roma tomatoes and black beans
- 2 chipotle black bean burgers on whole wheat bun (Gardein, they make GREAT stuff!!!)
- sweet potatoe fries
- veggie samosas
Spudulika likes this.
#4042 Old 05-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Switching over to vegan and need help

I am new to being vegan and am having a hard time switching over completely, Do you have any advice for me? I could really use the help!!!
#4043 Old 05-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Beginner

Early dinner was about 3/4 cup of brown rice with black beans, three pieces of Gardein chicken tenders, and one baked plantain

Snack was a bowl of mixed berries and pear, and a bowl of Nature's Best Flax cereal with almond milk and three teaspons of hemp seeds
Spudulika likes this.
#4044 Old 05-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
So Delicious coconut ice cream sandwich
Potatoes, fava beans, hearts of palm drizzled in olive oil and with minced garlic
Grilled toast with Chao cheese and Tofurky slices
Roasted asparagus with lemon juice, garlic powder, and black pepper. Garlic rice
Sauteed chickpeas with garlic powder, with tofu and onion
Chocolate almond milk

I really like garlic...
I can agree with that! I use so much garlic in my cooking, I wonder if I tink* of the stuff all the time. I love those huge fat bulbs you can get in big bunches. Mmm garlic..

Yesterday was a bit about face. First we had lasagne for lunch (made with a jar of coconut-based bechamel sauce, wholewheat lasagne sheets and homemade soya mince bolognaise). Late afternoon I had two bowls of Fruit & Fibre cereal with almond milk for. Early evening for munchies I had some spiced Indian gram flour snacks - can't remember what they were called, but they were yum!

So far today I've eaten three bananas (it's getting late in the week for our groceries). Am just making up some pasta sauce out of the leftovers of yesterday's bolognaise (ditto above) with another tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, frozen sliced mushrooms and red pickled jalapenos. Will be serving this with wholewheat spaghetti. ETA: also had some Oatie Crumble biscuits.

*short for stink!

Last edited by Spudulika; 05-23-2017 at 10:36 PM.
#4045 Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Bandit

B: left-over curry tofu w/a scoop of brown rice and steamed broccoli and coffee

L: 1/2 a spirulina snack bar, a V-8 juice and iced coffee with soy milk

D: my eco club at school had a potluck and most of the food was vegan!! I had delicious homemade potato tacos w/cabbage, tomato, cilantro, hot salsa, and a twist of lime, plus cheeseless pizza with artichoke and onion, and a slice with just pineapple.

S: vegan cupcake I absconded from the potluck for later, with tea

S2: raw sauerkraut w/sesame seeds

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4046 Old 05-23-2017, 11:20 PM
person

D: (last night) tofu curry with vegetables inc. sweet potato, potato, broccolini, carrot, mushrooms w/ rice (sorry, white not brown don't like brown rice. Would usually have barley but not with curry.

B: oats and a banana w/ soy milk - heated (end of Autumn here)

L: peanut butter sandwich and some 90% dark chocolate.

an orange and a pear during the day.
Thalassa likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Last edited by BlueMts; 05-24-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: had a sad facw by mistake
#4047 Old 05-24-2017, 04:24 AM

I had rice and Sambar , it a veg strew in india. Mdxe up of dal, onion, tomato, carrot and feww other vegetablfor lunch I had rice sambar and beans
#4048 Old 05-24-2017, 12:59 PM

For breakfast I had fruit salad and a lemon tea.

Lunch I had leftover homemade kale, broccoli, shallot, asparagus and carrot stir fry with brown rice and lentils which I had mixed together and added some cumin to give it a nice spicy flavour.

For dinner I had a baked sweet potato with some thinly sliced mushrooms and onions which I lightly fried with some fresh garlic with a side of spinach.

Then after martial arts I got home and devoured a salad with some mixed beans I cooked up earlier for this exact reason... followed by a banana ?
Spudulika likes this.
#4049 Old 05-24-2017, 06:48 PM
Bandit

B: handfull of grapes, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, coffee

L: salad mixed greens with broccoli sprouts, cold braised tofu, sunflower seeds and Annie's original Goddess dressing (this was seriously delicious) with a banana and tea

D: Mashed avacado, nutritional yeast flakes and tomato slices on sourdough toast with beet whole grain chips

May still have a snack, but if I do it will be a healthy one, no cupcakes
Spudulika likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#4050 Old 05-25-2017, 12:28 PM

For breakfast I had some fruit.

For lunch today I had rice and beans with roasted vegetables. I also had a handful of walnuts for a snack.

When I got home I had some peanut butter on toast because I got home late and was really hungry.

Then I cooked this:-https://hurrythefoodup.com/meatless-chili-con-carne-vegan/
It was absolutely amazing I cooked a way too much but it was that tasty I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow so I can have it for lunch :-D

I also tried some of the chocolate oatley branded oatmilk stuff which tasted a little strange to me as I'm used to dairy and never tried anything like this except soy milk which I hate but this was surprisingly good and it's fortified with B12 and Iron too
Spudulika likes this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page