1 Orange

Lunch

30 g rice
30 g lentils
1 Tablespoon of olive oil

Snack 1

30 g almonds

Snack 2

2 cacao pieces, ( dark chocolate 85 % cacao )
1 cup green tea

Dinner

30 g Pasta
30 g peanuts
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3872 Old 09-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Veggie Regular

oatmeal and banana
roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped dates mixed together
apple
toasts with peanut butter

Ate out with my local vegan meetup group at a favorite vegan friendly restaurant. I had besan flour polenta, roasted red peppers, fresh cilantro all in lettuce wraps, and a side of fresh fruit; dessert was some kind of vegan rhubarb granita/sorbet sprinkled with nuts. A couple of us shared it.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3873 Old 09-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Plant Powered

For dinner last night, we tried jackfruit for the first time - I made taco bowls with rice, jackfruit in a spicy sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and homemade tortillas made from garbanzo flour. It was so good! ^_^
Naturebound likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3874 Old 09-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
For dinner last night, we tried jackfruit for the first time - I made taco bowls with rice, jackfruit in a spicy sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and homemade tortillas made from garbanzo flour. It was so good! ^_^
I still haven't tried jackfruit yet! What does it taste like?

My eats for the day:

breakfast: two whole wheat Ezekiel bread toasts with fat free refried beans and salsa on top; apple

lunch and snacks: mix of chopped dates and pumpkin seeds (slightly salted with shell on); brown lentils, tomatoes, sliced carrots, onion, zucchini simmered and served over polenta; water and coffee

Dinner: sloppy joes (mixture of cooked red bulgur wheat, cooked red lentils, red pepper, onion, tomato paste, blackstrap molasses, lime juice) on whole wheat bun; garden salad including fresh produce from my garden and a tahini based dressing; cashew milk to drink

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3875 Old 09-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I still haven't tried jackfruit yet! What does it taste like?

My eats for the day:

breakfast: two whole wheat Ezekiel bread toasts with fat free refried beans and salsa on top; apple

lunch and snacks: mix of chopped dates and pumpkin seeds (slightly salted with shell on); brown lentils, tomatoes, sliced carrots, onion, zucchini simmered and served over polenta; water and coffee

Dinner: sloppy joes (mixture of cooked red bulgur wheat, cooked red lentils, red pepper, onion, tomato paste, blackstrap molasses, lime juice) on whole wheat bun; garden salad including fresh produce from my garden and a tahini based dressing; cashew milk to drink
Your meals are so healthy, well balanced, and sound so tasty - you're probably not missing anything! LOL

But to answer your question, I'm actually not 100% certain what the jackfruit by itself tastes like; I received a package as a gift from a friend, pre-sauced and seasoned, so the flavour of the actual jackfruit was somewhat masked. I would say, at my best guess, a little like an underripe apple, but perhaps milder. The texture, on the other hand, was very interesting - soft, but with a bit of give, kind of like a semi-cooked mushroom; sort of meaty but not as tender as actual meat is, if that makes sense ^_^
Naturebound likes this.
#3876 Old 09-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Lunch: Lentil soup and falafel wrap

Snack: Smoothie (mixed frozen fruit and spinach)

Dinner: Roasted broccoli and green beans, and tofu

Snack: Pancake (oat flour, banana, almond milk)

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3877 Old 10-03-2016, 01:35 PM

I made a soup made from a dried bean, barley, and vegetable mixture from a brand called harmony house. They have a ton of different dried vegetables, beans, mixtures for soups and chilies, and I found they have different textured vegetable proteins. So far all the products I've seen from them are vegan. I highly recommend you guys try them out.

I'm getting a pressure cooker and will be relying on a lot of foods from them over the winter.
Naturebound likes this.
#3878 Old 10-04-2016, 03:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPinWheel View Post
I made a soup made from a dried bean, barley, and vegetable mixture from a brand called harmony house. They have a ton of different dried vegetables, beans, mixtures for soups and chilies, and I found they have different textured vegetable proteins. So far all the products I've seen from them are vegan. I highly recommend you guys try them out.

I'm getting a pressure cooker and will be relying on a lot of foods from them over the winter.
I think I ordered once from Harmony House for a dehydrated bean/vegetable mix to bring canoe camping. I liked it!

B: blended tofu (one half of a large block), banana, cocoa powder, splash of cashew milk and a fresh stevia leaf from my garden for a rich pudding; also added a pinch of salt and vanilla extract to add to the flavor

lunch and snacks: bowl of oatmeal; homemade chili; whole wheat Ezekiel toasts with blackstrap molasses; apple (tis the season for apples up here!)

dinner: corn shell tacos with Bulgar/red lentil/tomato paste/taco seasoning homemade mix, romaine lettuce, tomato (from my garden), and salsa in them. Cashew milk

#3879 Old 10-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

For breakfast I tend to eat either
fruit
cereal
bread/toast with mushroom and tomato
just toast

I think I need to add something else into the mix for a bit more variety though, not sure what.
#3880 Old 10-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

B: wild rice with cinnamon and blueberries (made a huge batch of wild rice over the weekend)

L: sandwich with sauerkraut, navy beans, cabbage, and cider vinegar; Daiya yogurt; bowl of plain oatmeal

D: met with my local vegan meetup group and we ate appetizers at a local restaurant and listened to mandolin music. The appetizers were incredible! I had a hummus platter loaded with raw veggies, hummus, sprouts, and pita bread. Someone ordered a ton of custom made (just for us) vegan bruschetta and we all shared that too. Funny thing, even the vegans were impressed that I put away a whole plate of raw veggies, about four cups worth lol. And every one of those lovely raw veggies was dipped in a little hummus.
Symondezyn likes this.

#3881 Old 10-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Vegan since 1991

My beautiful wife made tacos. The local Mexican market had all the ingredients in organic versions!

(Ingredients before assembly):

Symondezyn likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 10-04-2016 at 09:26 PM.
#3882 Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Vegan since 1991

Yesterday was Chinese dumplings:

Symondezyn likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#3883 Old 10-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Glass of almond chocolate milk

Lunch: Spaghetti with tomato sauce, and Gardein garden veggie burger

Subway foot-long (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, black olives, and pickles)

Dinner: Rice with beans and cabbage

Strawberries with a little sugar

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3884 Old 10-05-2016, 03:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
My beautiful wife made tacos. The local Mexican market had all the ingredients in organic versions!

(Ingredients before assembly):

I would love to see photos of your tacos, but they are not showing up here. :/

#3885 Old 10-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Plant Powered

breakfast: soy green tea latte, french bread with peanut butter

lunch: I bought a cup of tomato soup from the local market, and a frozen Gardein pocket thing... the Gardein thingy was SO GOOD, I was really impressed - the soup however, I'm pretty sure had some sort of dairy in it, which wasn't listed on the ingredients (you can tell when a tomato soup is pink, there's something in there that shouldn't be, unless a vegan made it LOL) so I gave it to a coworker and happily ate my Gardein pocket thingy all by itself LOL
#3886 Old 10-10-2016, 06:55 PM

Portobello stew with eggless pasta. You cut up some onion, put it on olive oil, toast it a bit, put the sliced mushroom in, let it roast a bit without stirring, then some water, a little bit of salt, paprika and garlic, and I like the stew to be thicker, so I stir two tablespoon of corn starch with a little bit of warm water, and slowly pour it into the stew. It tastes amazing, I think I could eat this at least three times a week. I imagine you can prepare it with soy as well. Other than that, I ate four bananas and drank three Biotech rice protein shake, for a total of 2000 kcal, give or take. Tomorrow I'm going to cook some spinach for a thick vegetable stew (I believe you guys don't have a specific word for these vegetable stews we have in Hungary, or maybe it's stew). I also plan to do cook a portobello burger with vegan cheese. Never tried that before, so fingers crossed.
tpkyteroo luebeck likes this.
#3887 Old 10-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: batch of wild rice (precooked Sunday), chopped walnut, nutmeg, and frozen heated organic strawberries for a hot cereal; coffee

Lunch/snacks: canned pumpkin and steamed sweet potato, chopped apple, ground flaxseed, cinnamon concoction; soba noodles with peas and chopped collard greens from my garden, and minced garlic and onion and a splash of lemon juice in there too; cashew milk to drink

Dinner: lots of sauteed pinto beans, bell peppers from my inlaws garden, yellow squash, and chopped onion over polenta with a touch of liquid smoke, maple syrup, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Cashew milk to drink.
Symondezyn likes this.

#3888 Old 10-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Breakfast: Wegmans spoon-sized shredded wheat cereal, a large banana, almond milk, and orange juice.

Lunch: A huge (1+ pound) salad with added cup of black beans, 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, and one slice of whole wheat bread.

Dinner: Made a huge batch of "veggie confetti chili" from Robin Robertson's, The Vegetarian Chili Cookbook. I served this over white basmati rice. I wish I had a digital camera: the chili featured every color in the rainbow and it tasted as good as it looked. A great recipe for the cooler fall weather.
#3889 Old 10-25-2016, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Lunch: Chickpea and lentil pasta with Gardein beefless ground and tomato sauce.

Snacks: Banana, and crackers with hummus

Dinner: Potatoes and tofu

#3890 Old 10-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: canned pumpkin, banana, Plantfusion protein powder all mixed together in a bowl

snacks/lunch: homemade bran muffin (with banana, wheat germ, blackstrap molasses), orange, carrot & white bean soup, garden salad with thousand Island dressing (Just Thousand from Hampton Creek)

dinner: ate out with my local vegan Meetup group again. This time we were a crowd of seven which was nice. We all pitched in and ordered a bunch of appetizers since those were the only veganizable dishes. I had tortilla chips and black bean dip (they made it vegan for me), raw veggies and hummus, bruschetta with some kind of balsamic/vegetable toppings, hot herbal lemon tea.

#3891 Old 11-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

B: mango, handful of whole almonds

snacks and lunch: Ezekiel sprouted whole wheat blueberry english muffin; lots of grapes; salad with kidney beans, tomatoes, onion, salsa, romaine, spinach, green pepper; glass of cashew milk; larabar

dinner: maple/mustard marinated tempeh "bacon" (I broiled it); steamed salted red potatoes (with skin on); steamed asparagus with organic lemon pepper; cashew milk

#3892 Old 11-11-2016, 01:41 AM

I include soy milk and tofu in my vegan diet. The soy products are useful for providing sufficient amount of proteins, calcium and fiber. FDA had approved including 25 gm of soy product in your vegan diet. I also add some dry fruits in my diet such as Pistachio, cashews nuts and walnuts.
#3893 Old 11-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Live and let other live

I ate rice with beans
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#3894 Old 11-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Happy Veggie

So happy to be eating vegan for pretty much a week now! <3
Breakfast: two slices of toast with vegan margarine (not a big breakfast person)
After workout snack: Strawberry Banana Smoothie (my own recipe: small hand full of frozen strawberries 1 frozen banana 100% orange juice and a hand full of oats. Then blend until desired smoothness!) It's so yummy and just gives me a burst of energy and keeps me feeling healthy.
Lunch: Veggie with rice stir fry: Veggies used: broccoli, red and yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion (pretty much whatever veggies i have that might go bad within a few days) spices used: soy sauce, cumin, chill power, black pepper. Once cooked put over Jasmine rice and it's soooooo good!!! Oh and I used like 1-2 caps of veggie oil.
Dinner: Veggie Soup from a tin even tho i hate having food from cans I eat them when i'm feeling lazy.
snacks: Omg not the healthist snacks but here we go: some Oreos, a small bag of plain lays chips and I roasted potatoes later at night.
OMG I'M SO HAPPY I'VE BEEN VEGAN FOR LIKE A WEEK!!!!
Werewolf Girl and Symondezyn like this.

Last edited by gjbz123; 11-15-2016 at 06:45 AM.
#3895 Old 11-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: oatmeal with soy milk, blueberries, and an artificial sweetener.

Lunch: Trader Joe's Vegetable Fried Rice (which is vegan) with 4 oz. sauteed tempeh added.

Dinner: Tacos and refried beans. The taco filling was: (1) faux beef consisting of Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles, nooch (for umami), corn starch (for thickening), canola oil (for fat), liquid smoke (for flavor), and Mrs. Dash taco seasoning packet; (2) Trader Joe's vegan mozzerella shreds, and (3) shredded lettuce. The refried beans were Amy's Brand, traditional pinto, reduced sodium.

Late night snack: Almonds, roasted and salted.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#3896 Old 11-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Two toasts with peanut butter; banana

Smoothie (frozen banana, strawberries, 3 cups spinach, PlantFusion protein powder, water)

Winter squash (cooked ahead on weekend), carrots, yellow squash, bell pepper, collard greens, mushrooms

Chickpea flour omelet with nutritional yeast, salsa, celery inside; roasted potatoes and carrots (in a little olive oil); cashew milk

#3897 Old 11-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbz123 View Post
So happy to be eating vegan for pretty much a week now! <3
Breakfast: two slices of toast with vegan margarine (not a big breakfast person)
After workout snack: Strawberry Banana Smoothie (my own recipe: small hand full of frozen strawberries 1 frozen banana 100% orange juice and a hand full of oats. Then blend until desired smoothness!) It's so yummy and just gives me a burst of energy and keeps me feeling healthy.
Lunch: Veggie with rice stir fry: Veggies used: broccoli, red and yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion (pretty much whatever veggies i have that might go bad within a few days) spices used: soy sauce, cumin, chill power, black pepper. Once cooked put over Jasmine rice and it's soooooo good!!! Oh and I used like 1-2 caps of veggie oil.
Dinner: Veggie Soup from a tin even tho i hate having food from cans I eat them when i'm feeling lazy.
snacks: Omg not the healthist snacks but here we go: some Oreos, a small bag of plain lays chips and I roasted potatoes later at night.
OMG I'M SO HAPPY I'VE BEEN VEGAN FOR LIKE A WEEK!!!!
Congratulations! Your meals sound delicious too!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3898 Old 11-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Two toasts with peanut butter; banana

Bowl of oatmeal and blueberries (frozen thawed)

Winter squash (cooked ahead on weekend), carrots, yellow squash, bell pepper, collard greens, mushrooms; cashew milk

homemade split pea soup (with carrots and onion blended in it); orange (while waiting impatiently for the split peas to cook); two leftover sweet potato cookies I had made for work (that was a hit too!); cashew milk

#3899 Old 11-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Happy Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Congratulations! Your meals sound delicious too!
Aw thanks so much! <3
#3900 Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Peace

First full day as a vegan

Breakfast:
Toast with hummus, an apple and some soy milk with berry flavour. Tea with it.

Lunch:
Falafel wrap with siracha mayo (no egg!) and a light coke

Dinner:
Potato and beetroot mash with a vegan burger and onion gravy.

Having some oreo's for dessert!

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page