What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 127 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3781 Old 05-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Beanitarian

Morningstar quinoa burgers, avocado and tomato on a ciabatta roll, tortilla chips and diet A&W

Beanitarian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3782 Old 05-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Home sick today It's the worst being sick while pregnant, I can't take anything for it. Trying to maintain at least some nutrition. Anyway...

B: Pumpernickel toast with peanut butter
S: Glass of fortified chocolate soy milk
L: Noodle soup with squash and peas
S: Strawberries and maybe some crackers or cereal
D: Possibly sticky rice with chickpeas and veggies
#3783 Old 05-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Plant Powered

last night dinner: smoked almond chickpea sandwich

this morning brekkie: green smoothie, 1 slice sprouted toast with peanut butter, coffee with hemp milk ^_^

today's lunch plan: homemade lentil soup, green salad with maybe some hemp hearts

today's dinner plan: pasta with creamy cauliflower sauce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3784 Old 05-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

For breakfast I had dinner. Seriously. :P
Over the weekend I made a sort of lentil stew and froze some of it. This morning I had about a cup of unfrozen stew served with rice and a few spoonsful of canned Italian-style tomatoes, along with some garlic mustard I picked in my yard (it's an edible member of the cabbage family which has become a rather bad weed in my area and has made the list of invasive species to look out for. I'll just keep munching off-and-on until I've cleared my property of the stuff!)
Lunch was simple: rolled oats with an apple, and a few tortilla chips. And water to drink, as usual.
Dinner....? I haven't decided, but I'm getting hungry...
Symondezyn likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#3785 Old 05-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Home sick today It's the worst being sick while pregnant, I can't take anything for it. Trying to maintain at least some nutrition. Anyway...

B: Pumpernickel toast with peanut butter
S: Glass of fortified chocolate soy milk
L: Noodle soup with squash and peas
S: Strawberries and maybe some crackers or cereal
D: Possibly sticky rice with chickpeas and veggies
What kind of sick? Nausea? If so, you could try No Mo' Nausea acupressure wrist bands with aromatherapy (also good for hangovers lol). Also, B6 50 milligrams 3x a day, and a unisom sleep pill before bed helps lots of nauseous preggos. (My job deals with this.)

http://nomonausea.com/

http://www.drwalt.com/blog/2009/12/0...-in-pregnancy/
#3786 Old 05-25-2016, 06:31 AM

I also had leftover dinner for breakfast!
- a small bowl of teriyaki tofu stir fry with carrots and orange bell peppers and rice from yesterday
- homemade granola + banana chai latte ice cream
later:
- homemade tofu tikka masala curry with rice (I'm discovering tofu and fried up soft tofu which I know doesn't work that well for the curry)
- if need be pasta with basil pesto (not sure how I'll make the pesto without parmesan yet - I'll probably use a lot of nutritional yeast...?)
LedBoots likes this.
#3787 Old 05-25-2016, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stachelbeere View Post
I also had leftover dinner for breakfast!
- a small bowl of teriyaki tofu stir fry with carrots and orange bell peppers and rice from yesterday
- homemade granola + banana chai latte ice cream
later:
- homemade tofu tikka masala curry with rice (I'm discovering tofu and fried up soft tofu which I know doesn't work that well for the curry)
- if need be pasta with basil pesto (not sure how I'll make the pesto without parmesan yet - I'll probably use a lot of nutritional yeast...?)
I never even thought about using cheese in pesto! Funny how many different ways people make it- I use loads of basil, walnuts, garlic and olive oil, maybe some dried tomatos
I finally got a shaker container for my nooch!
LedBoots and stachelbeere like this.
#3788 Old 05-25-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I never even thought about using cheese in pesto! Funny how many different ways people make it- I use loads of basil, walnuts, garlic and olive oil, maybe some dried tomatos
I finally got a shaker container for my nooch!
yeah! traditionally you would add parmesan cheese to basil-based pesto (parmesan has a strong, cheesy flavour and adds depth). I haven't really made it in months now... if I decide to make it tonight I'll report how it came out and what I used

I've got a question - has anyone tried making their own nutritional yeast? I'm not loving the one that's available in the UK and I don't really have anything to compare it to tbh. I read somewhere that you deactivate yeast with heat. I'm tempted to try that but I'd love to hear any thoughts
#3789 Old 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

^^^ I don't know of any recipes to make your own nutritional yeast, but when I first tried to use it, I got brewer's yeast by mistake- and although I ate it all, I didn't like the taste. It was a fine, grayish-brown powder that tasted... yeasty, I guess. The kind I found I liked is more flaky, yellow, and definitely tastes like cheddar cheese.

Oh- for breakfast I had that rice-and-lentil thing again. Lunch was an avocado sandwich on rye bread, with water to drink.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#3790 Old 05-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stachelbeere View Post
yeah! traditionally you would add parmesan cheese to basil-based pesto (parmesan has a strong, cheesy flavour and adds depth). I haven't really made it in months now... if I decide to make it tonight I'll report how it came out and what I used

I've got a question - has anyone tried making their own nutritional yeast? I'm not loving the one that's available in the UK and I don't really have anything to compare it to tbh. I read somewhere that you deactivate yeast with heat. I'm tempted to try that but I'd love to hear any thoughts
Parm was one of few cheese I didn't like I guess thats why it took me so long to make pesto! I like my way.

I had a salad with cucumbers and warmed chili beans

First good corn of the season!
#3791 Old 05-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Boring day for me lol. Been crazy busy with working ten hours a day and meetings galore, but the silver lining is coming. I have a four day camping trip this weekend.

oatmeal and raspberries

canned pumpkin, oat flour, and blackstrap molasses mixed together for my morning snack. Sounds weird but I like the doughy texture of it. And it's a fast snack.

black beans and frozen mixed veggies over brown rice with a variety of seasonings; almond milk

chickpea flour omelet with spinach and tomato; bowl of fresh pineapple; almond milk; and a few spoonfuls of peanut butter while I premade some tortillas with peanut butter rolled up in them for a long distance hiking snack for our camping trip.

Not the most creative day but it got me through.
LedBoots likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3792 Old 05-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I forgot to mention we had a huge staff meeting at a conference center that went on for five hours yesterday. I knew there would be nothing vegan offered for the lunch, so for the millionth time I brought my own food in a discreet bag...grilled tomato sandwich, almonds, and apple.
LedBoots and Symondezyn like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3793 Old 05-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Ledboots, just a cold :-) I am thankfully past the nausea phase now.

Today...

B: bagel with peanut butter
S: fruit granola bar
L: potatoes and spinach pastry
S: strawberries, pumpkin seeds
D: stir-fry and rice

I had some chocolate rice milk today since we had a coupon for it and it really did not agree with me. I am going back to my regular stuff :-)
LedBoots likes this.
#3794 Old 05-25-2016, 11:47 PM

So far only a banana because I woke up around half an hour ago.
#3795 Old 05-26-2016, 05:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Feeling much better today :-) I have to stay late at work so I will be eating more junky than usual, but I can't wait until I get home at 8 pm to eat dinner :-)

B: toast with peanut butter at home, then I was still hungry so I got a coffee drink and a bagel with jam on my way to work :-)

S: fruit granola bar

L: lentil and spinach roti wrap from the health food store.

S: strawberries, crackers

D: probably a veggie sub...
LedBoots likes this.
#3796 Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 AM

Chia wrap

...with basil tofu, vegenaise, rocket, home-grown spouts (took a week watching them grow)
...and then a sprinkle of mixed seeds (pumpkin, flax, sunflower)

Gone much faster than the time it took to make it!
LedBoots likes this.
#3797 Old 05-26-2016, 08:46 PM
cinnamon bun

b: Oatmeal, chia seeds, agave, cinnamon; tea with hemp milk
s: blended soy chai thing from peet's coffee
l: leftover ginataan: coconut milk stew with acorn squash, long beans, and ginger
d: TACO BELL!!! AHHH!! >.<

here's a pic of my healthy breakfast to offset the junk I consumed... lol
Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 8.png
Views: 126
Size:  466.5 KB

#3798 Old 05-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Almond chocolate milk
Lunch: Spaghetti. Gardein fishless filets
Snacks: So delicious mini ice cream. Lettuce and tomato salad. Oatmeal, banana, and almond milk pancake.
Dinner: Rice with kidney beans and cabbage

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3799 Old 05-28-2016, 01:03 AM
hclf vegan!

Breakfast: 10 medjool dates and one banana

Lunch: Giant bolthouse mango smoothie

Dinner: 6 russet potatoes with tomato garlic dippin sauce and romaine lettuce

Late night snack: popcorn with a lil nutritional yeast and herbamare
#3800 Old 05-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie (3 cups packed spinach, 1 cup raspberries, 1 frozen banana, scoop pea protein powder, cup almond milk)

L: stew (brown lentils, potato, carrots, onion, collard greens finely chopped, cauliflower, indian spices like garam masala, ginger, cinnamon, garlic powder, curry powder); homemade white bean, carrot, hemp energy bar; almond milk

D: 2 soft shell whole wheat tortillas with taco "meat" (bulgur, red lentil, tomato paste, taco seasonings, onion, green bell pepper); mango sorbet; almond milk

#3801 Old 06-02-2016, 10:56 PM
cinnamon bun

b: oatmeal with cinnamon and agave and tea with hemp milk
l: curry vegetables and fried rice
s: 3 bananas
d: chickpea salad sandwich
s: chocolate walnut almond milk <3

#3802 Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I see way too many vegan pizzas lacking on toppings.

This is how a vegan pizza should look like. (From Pizza Nova)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1609.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	14913  
silva, Purp, LedBoots and 3 others like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3803 Old 06-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I see way too many vegan pizzas lacking on toppings.

This is how a vegan pizza should look like. (From Pizza Nova)
Purp likes this.

#3804 Old 06-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I agree!! that looks YUMMO!!!
Purp and Naturebound like this.
#3805 Old 06-04-2016, 05:09 PM

I made Chef A.J.'s red lentil chili for dinner tonight. (See the recipe at: http://wholefoodplantbased.info/2014...-lentil-chili/ ). For a couple of reasons, it is somewhat difficult for me to prepare this, but it is well worth the effort. The main problem I have is that I have a very cheap blender, and it has difficulty making the pureed tomato/red pepper/dates mixture. However, it is well worth the effort. This is the second time I have made this dish, and I have received rave reviews each time.
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#3806 Old 06-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
I made Chef A.J.'s red lentil chili for dinner tonight. (See the recipe at: http://wholefoodplantbased.info/2014...-lentil-chili/ ). For a couple of reasons, it is somewhat difficult for me to prepare this, but it is well worth the effort. The main problem I have is that I have a very cheap blender, and it has difficulty making the pureed tomato/red pepper/dates mixture. However, it is well worth the effort. This is the second time I have made this dish, and I have received rave reviews each time.
You read my mind, I have some tiny red lentils that I want to use tomorrow, I will be taking some ideas from this! I have some nice rice I plan with it.
Purp likes this.
#3807 Old 06-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Plant Powered

It's almost 32 degrees Celsius today, and our apartment has NO AC, so cooking is not on the top of my list! LOL

Breakfast: smoothie with pineapple, soy milk and flaxseed
Snack: Starbucks cold brew coffee with soy milk and a vegan protein bar
Lunch: a big salad with chickpeas & a Daiya yogurt
Dinner will be veggie dogs and some coleslaw made with Vegenaise ^_^
#3808 Old 06-12-2016, 04:57 PM

Spicy Potato Curry

For dinner last night I made this wonderful recipe I found on the Reddit "sub-reddit", VegRecipes (https://www.reddit.com/r/vegrecipes ) : http://healthiersteps.com/spicy-potato-curry-vegan/ . I tripled the amount of ginger and carrots in the recipe, and doubled the amount of frozen green peas. The dish turned out fabulous and everyone enjoyed it quite a lot. I served it over white basmati rice.
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
#3809 Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

b: canned pumpkin, banana, and pea protein powder

L: steamed sweet potato with garlic powder and ginger in a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with spinach and tomato; peach; almond milk

D: one cup cooked black beans, steamed potato, red bell pepper, onion, mushroom drizzled with enchilada sauce, Mexican seasonings, and sprinkled with Daiya shreds; almond milk

#3810 Old 06-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJustBob View Post
For dinner last night I made this wonderful recipe I found on the Reddit "sub-reddit", VegRecipes (https://www.reddit.com/r/vegrecipes ) : http://healthiersteps.com/spicy-potato-curry-vegan/ . I tripled the amount of ginger and carrots in the recipe, and doubled the amount of frozen green peas. The dish turned out fabulous and everyone enjoyed it quite a lot. I served it over white basmati rice.
Oh that looks great! I love potatoes in a curry! Cuts the heat a bit.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page