What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 121 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3601 Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Fajitas for dinner with wholewheat wraps; sauted peppers, onions, garlic and red kidney beans with spicy seasoning; refried beans; shredded lettuce with lime; tomato salsa; pickled jalapenos

No breakfast or lunch today so I expect I'll be having some supper later to make up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3602 Old 03-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Bean Queen

Made a giant bowl of tomato curry with peas, lentils, and eggplant served over a large bowl of rice. Eating it for both breakfast and lunch. I might eat some fruit a snack in between now and dinner (but probably not). For dinner I'll probably make jackfruit tacos with refried beans and a red pepper queso.

EDIT: I just got a giftcard for 30$. I'll be having a nice bean burger with some fries.

Last edited by BlackBoxed; 03-01-2016 at 11:31 AM.
#3603 Old 03-01-2016, 11:12 AM
No flesh since 99'

Just finished making a massive batch of lentil breakfast patties and have banana nut muffins in the oven. The house smells wonderful

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3604 Old 03-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plnteater View Post
B: barley, spelt, millet, banana milk, blueberries, chai spice

S: apple

L: Buddha bowl: black forbidden rice, roasted Japanese sweet potatoes, red lentils, sriracha roasted cauliflower, over romaine, chard, spinach, beet green onions, bell peppers with ninja squirrel sriracha over the whole thing...yummy!!!

D: black bean soup, engine 2 ancient grain sprouted roll, spinach and kale salad with flavored balsamic vinegar
Ninja squirrel siracha?!? HMM!
#3605 Old 03-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
Just finished making a massive batch of lentil breakfast patties
@Kiwibird08 Interesting! I would like to try this idea.

Do you use a regular recipe? And what do you serve them with for breakfast?
Kiwibird08 likes this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 03-02-2016 at 12:37 AM.
#3606 Old 03-02-2016, 04:49 AM
No flesh since 99'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
@Kiwibird08 Interesting! I would like to try this idea.

Do you use a regular recipe? And what do you serve them with for breakfast?
I usually just eat 2 by themselves or with some fruit but you could serve them with a tofu scramble if you wanted a more 'traditional' breakfast. They are about the size of those Morningstar farms ones, but soy free and not full of nasty ingredients. You freeze them and reheat in the oven, or you can defrost them in the fridge and cook them up in a pan. I guess it's a "regular recipe", it came out of an old vegetarian cookbook. These were actually one of the very first things I ever learned to make by myself, and are one of the only foods that I have pretty regularly made my entire time being veggie (except the time I was raw) Only thing I've changed over the years is I now use flax eggs instead of real eggs so they're vegan. I could make them in my sleep lol.

Makes apprx. 14 patties:

2 1/4 cup water
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup brown rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup RED lentils
1 can garbanzo beans
2 cup rolled oats
2 flax eggs
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp savory
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cayenne
Salt & Pepper, to taste (I like a fair amount of pepper in mine personally, but it's not necessary)

1. Combine the rice, onions, garlic and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. Add lentils, simmer for about 20 more minutes (until everything is cooked) and remove from heat
3. Drain beans and mash (or use a food processor), stir in
4. Whisk spices and eggs in
5. Stir in oats, you can add a little extra if too moist
6. Form into 1/4 cup patties (so use the 1/4 measuring cup to scoop, then form into a patty and you'll get nice, regular sized patties) You'll end up with about 14.

You can either cook in the oven on about 375 for about 15 minutes (if frozen) or if defrosted/fresh, you can cook in a pan with oil over medium heat for 7-10 or so min turning once. I've never owned or used a microwave, so i'm unsure if they'd cook up in one (?)
LedBoots and Spudulika like this.

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"
#3607 Old 03-02-2016, 05:06 AM

I made banana oat pancakes for the first time today!

This lazy (new) vegan is feeling proud!... and full! Oh my goodness!
LedBoots and Spudulika like this.
#3608 Old 03-02-2016, 08:36 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: rolled oats, barley, spelt, banana milk, blueberries, chai spice

L: chickpeas, potatoes, tomatoes, lentils with a curry cardamon sauce over mixed greens

D: sloppy lentil joes over engine 2 ancient grain sprouted roll, spinach salad, roasted sriracha cauliflower

Became a vegan on September 2014, best decision ever!
I know humans consider it a grave insult to be called an animal. Well, I would never give a human the fine distinction of being called an animal, because an animal may kill to live but an animal never lives to kill. Humans have to earn the right to be called animals again.”
― David Duchovny, Holy Cow
#3609 Old 03-02-2016, 08:40 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Ninja squirrel siracha?!? HMM!
It is soooo good!!! I put it on everything from salads, potatoes, cauliflower, etc.
LedBoots likes this.

I know humans consider it a grave insult to be called an animal. Well, I would never give a human the fine distinction of being called an animal, because an animal may kill to live but an animal never lives to kill. Humans have to earn the right to be called animals again.”
#3610 Old 03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
I usually just eat 2 by themselves or with some fruit but you could serve them with a tofu scramble if you wanted a more 'traditional' breakfast. They are about the size of those Morningstar farms ones, but soy free and not full of nasty ingredients. You freeze them and reheat in the oven, or you can defrost them in the fridge and cook them up in a pan. I guess it's a "regular recipe", it came out of an old vegetarian cookbook. These were actually one of the very first things I ever learned to make by myself, and are one of the only foods that I have pretty regularly made my entire time being veggie (except the time I was raw) Only thing I've changed over the years is I now use flax eggs instead of real eggs so they're vegan. I could make them in my sleep lol.

Makes apprx. 14 patties:

2 1/4 cup water
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup brown rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup RED lentils
1 can garbanzo beans
2 cup rolled oats
2 flax eggs
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp savory
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cayenne
Salt & Pepper, to taste (I like a fair amount of pepper in mine personally, but it's not necessary)

1. Combine the rice, onions, garlic and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. Add lentils, simmer for about 20 more minutes (until everything is cooked) and remove from heat
3. Drain beans and mash (or use a food processor), stir in
4. Whisk spices and eggs in
5. Stir in oats, you can add a little extra if too moist
6. Form into 1/4 cup patties (so use the 1/4 measuring cup to scoop, then form into a patty and you'll get nice, regular sized patties) You'll end up with about 14.

You can either cook in the oven on about 375 for about 15 minutes (if frozen) or if defrosted/fresh, you can cook in a pan with oil over medium heat for 7-10 or so min turning once. I've never owned or used a microwave, so i'm unsure if they'd cook up in one (?)
These look good! Thank you for the recipe
#3611 Old 03-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Lovely fettucine pasta with basil pesto and fresh, whole green beans tossed in. Yummy!
Spudulika likes this.
#3612 Old 03-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieSince88 View Post
Lovely fettucine pasta with basil pesto and fresh, whole green beans tossed in. Yummy!
I love pasta with pesto and green vegetables. Perfect.

Yesterday for lunch I had a jacket potato (done quick in the microwave) with a side salad. For dinner I had my favourite. Pasta with mushroom, parsley, white wine and cream sauce (we use a small carton of oat cream and a tablespoon of white flour to make it creamy).

Later for dinner tonight we're finishing off the vegan Quorn in a Madras curry with brown basmati and a side of garlic spinach. Not sure what I'm having for lunch.
VeggieSince88 likes this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 03-06-2016 at 12:20 AM.
#3613 Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

B: soy vanilla yogurt, oats, blueberries, banana, and ground flaxseed all mixed together

L: smoothie with pumpkin puree, frozen banana, almond milk, blackstrap molasses; peanut butter on toasts

D: cream of wheat, frozen peas and frozen mixed vegetables, and Daiya chedder shreds cooked and mixed together; almond milk
VeggieSince88 likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3614 Old 03-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
B: soy vanilla yogurt, oats, blueberries, banana, and ground flaxseed all mixed together

L: smoothie with pumpkin puree, frozen banana, almond milk, blackstrap molasses; peanut butter on toasts

D: cream of wheat, frozen peas and frozen mixed vegetables, and Daiya chedder shreds cooked and mixed together; almond milk
Hmmmmm? Did you make it in a casserole dish, baked, and cut into squares? that's how I'm imagining it-kinda like a crustless quiche, but cream of wheat!
Are you still making yogurt? I've yet to try again since my horrible failures
#3615 Old 03-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

This morning I made a double batch of my tempeh sausage from here-
https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/40...sage-easy.html

Made soft pretzels using alton browns recipe, and then buffalo cauliflower. I tossed frozen cauliflower in hot sauce then coated with corn flour and a teaspoon of baking powder. wish I'd used a mix of flours- too corny
#3616 Old 03-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Hmmmmm? Did you make it in a casserole dish, baked, and cut into squares? that's how I'm imagining it-kinda like a crustless quiche, but cream of wheat!
Are you still making yogurt? I've yet to try again since my horrible failures
I had thought about doing it casserole style, but I was too tired and lazy so I just cooked the cream of wheat in one pot, the frozen veggies in another, then combined both and added the Daiya shreds. It worked well that way but was a little on the heavy side. I think next time I do that dish I might try baking it into squares.

I haven't done any more yogurt experiments as of late. I had some success with oatgurt, and the first time I made soy yogurt was decent. The second time was a bomb as I just couldn't get the temperature right. I am going to give it a rest for a while and then try again in a month or so. By then it will be close enough to start asking people for a yogurt maker for my birthday lol. I'm also guessing when it gets warmer here in Minnesota it might be easier to make the yogurt. I always have more success with bread in Spring and Fall too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3617 Old 03-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're right about warmer weather. I've read to leave yogurt in a closed oven with the light on, but my oven light doesn't get warm at all!

just at trader joes today--they're still looking for soy yogurt manufacturer
I haven't seen Silk yogurt anywhere either-is that around?
#3618 Old 03-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I think you're right about warmer weather. I've read to leave yogurt in a closed oven with the light on, but my oven light doesn't get warm at all!

just at trader joes today--they're still looking for soy yogurt manufacturer
I haven't seen Silk yogurt anywhere either-is that around?
I still see Silk yogurts at my local grocery stores. I do not have a Trader Joes in my city (the nearest one is in the Twin Cities which is 155 miles away). I have heard other complaints though that Silk yogurts have disappeared from some stores. I recently discovered Daiya Greek style yogurts (coconut I believe) at my local Whole Foods Coop and I love them, but they are only in a few specific flavors (peach, blueberry, blackberry). I tend to like my yogurt more plain and less sugar. I miss the big tubs of Silk.

I don't even have a light in my oven, but the first time I had success I left the oven on the "warm" setting for a few hours and that worked. So I tried it again for the second batch but it got way too hot and destroyed the cultures. It is so weird how one time it worked and the next I did the exact same thing and nothing and nearly cooked the yogurt. Our oven is very old though.

#3619 Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 PM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: steel cut oats, banana milk, blueberries, cardamon, When Pigs Fly sprouted bread toast with sliced strawberries

L: Barley with cumin and chili powder mixed in on spinach, butter lettuce, romaine, kale and chard with pecans and dates, bell peppers and tomatoes and Japanese sweet potatoes.

D: roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus, quinoa burger, buffalo cauliflower

#3620 Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

B: Tofu scramble with a big bowl of blueberries and strawberries

L: Avocado and cucumber sushi bowl with a seaweed snack-layer and sriracha Just Mayo

S: Dark chocolate and almond milk

D: Bean burritos with green chile and dairy-free sour cream
#3621 Old 03-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Today for breakfast I had wholewheat toast and baked beans.
Lunch I made a chickpea 'tuna' & cucumber salad in wholewheat roll.
Dinner was nut roast en croute with veg (greens & cauli), mash and onion gravy.
#3622 Old 03-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Sauteed bok choy, tempeh, and pineapple

pumpkin, banana, and cocoa powder mashed together; almond milk

buckwheat soba noodles with mixed veggies and soy sauce

kidney bean/oat/red pepper veggie burgers (held together with tomato paste) on whole wheat buns with lettuce and tomato; almond milk; sliced tomatoes with fresh parsley and black pepper

#3623 Old 03-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Happy vegan

B: Oatmeal as always
S: One sweet potato
L: Pita bread pizza with tomato sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and nutritional yeast. Also had a some leftover pasta
D: Rice noodles with black bean sauce and basil
#3624 Old 03-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by plnteater View Post
B: steel cut oats, banana milk, blueberries, cardamon, When Pigs Fly sprouted bread toast with sliced strawberries

L: Barley with cumin and chili powder mixed in on spinach, butter lettuce, romaine, kale and chard with pecans and dates, bell peppers and tomatoes and Japanese sweet potatoes.

D: roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus, quinoa burger, buffalo cauliflower
Did you have the strawberry slices over your toast? For some reason that sounds so good!

#3625 Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Crumbs I'm super stuffed!

For dinner we finished off the nut loaf en croute (two fat slices each) along with a big pile of bubble & squeak (leftover mashed potatoes and greens, fried until crispy and browned on the outside), as much steamed cauliflower, carrots & boiled peas as I could cram onto our quite large dinner plates, all topped with rich onion gravy. Heaven.

Earlier for lunch I had a large wholewheat roll with Violife cheese and sliced tomato. I also had a couple of glasses of tomato juice with celery salt and Tiger Tiger Worcester sauce.
#3626 Old 03-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast was just some orange juice (not big on breakfast)

Lunch was a Granose vegetable pate and cucumber sandwich on brown bread.

Dinner was a feast of Hopping Jane (I like to keep a couple of batches of Cajun style black-eyed beans in the freezer) with brown basmati, stir-fried garlic greens and baked sweet potatoes (I don't often get sweet potatoes but will do so more often). A huge plateful (and I could seriously go back for seconds if there was any left).

Later I'll probably have some tomato juice, I've really been enjoying tomato juice lately.
#3627 Old 03-10-2016, 07:48 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: spelt, barley, millet, bananas milk, blueberries, cardamom

L: mindful moose bowl; roasted spicy chickpeas, roasted Hawaiian sweet potatoes, romaine, spinach, chard, onions, tomatoes, pecans, dried cranberry, flavored balsamic vinegar

D: lentil oat loaf, baked beans, kale salad

#3628 Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Did you have the strawberry slices over your toast? For some reason that sounds so good!
Yep, and it's really good!

#3629 Old 03-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I've only recently started finding Silk (soy) yogurt in my local stores. Everyone had switched out to almond and coconut based yogurts which I am not fond of at all. And I find the Silk soy has more protein. I am happy to have it back in my life.

I wish I had more ambition to try making yogurt myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#3630 Old 03-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Today I had a Violife cheese and tomato sandwich on brown bread for lunch. No breakfast.

For dinner I'm having baked tofu steaks (in a lemon juice, dijon, soya sauce, black pepper and olive oil marinade) on a bed of salad greens, served with wholewheat noodles, peas and spinach.

Later we'll be having some wine and warm fresh popcorn..

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page