What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 120 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3571 Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
You won't like the answer... French word for mushrooms.
Ew, sorry I asked! Blegh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3572 Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

B - cereal with almond milk
S - Cacao-peanut butter muffin
L - Korean noodles
D - Patates bravas with tofu dogs
S - Banana, pineapple and almond yogurt smoothie
#3573 Old 02-17-2016, 03:16 AM

Good morning . I just prepared breakfast and want to share it with you.
silva, LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3574 Old 02-17-2016, 06:36 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: Simply Elizabeth ancient grain with banana milk, blueberries and chai spices. I get my chai spice from an local indian health store. I use the spice in teas, hot cereal, rice, etc...it's excellent.
S: apple
L: bok choy, spinach, kale, chard, romaine hearts, onions, tomatoes, sweet bell peppers, balsamic vinegar with buffalo tofu. I toss cubed tofu with cornmeal and sriracha sauce and then bake...yummy!!
D: black bean enchilada bowl. side spinach salad, buffalo cauliflower(I make it the same way I make the tofu above)
Thalassa4 and afancywaytofall like this.

Became a vegan on September 2014, best decision ever!
I know humans consider it a grave insult to be called an animal. Well, I would never give a human the fine distinction of being called an animal, because an animal may kill to live but an animal never lives to kill. Humans have to earn the right to be called animals again.”
― David Duchovny, Holy Cow
#3575 Old 02-17-2016, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Bananana smoothie with way too much maple syrup (banana, oat milk, rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon)

L - Low fat hummus* (chickpeas, sugar-free smooth peanut butter, silken tofu, fresh lemon juice, paprika, garlic, chilli powder, salt) with crudites (cucumber, carrot, celery) and toasted wholewheat pitta bread

D - Mushroom stroganoff** (olive oil, garlic, onions, mushrooms, Dijon mustard, red wine, Oatly oat cream, salt, tomato puree, smoked paprika, fresh lemon juice, fresh parsley) with wholewheat noodles

*turns out silken tofu is an excellent sub for the oodles of olive oil I usually use, and I didn't have tahini in stock so used peanut butter instead which is so much easier to get hold of.

**it's his recipe cobbled together from various sources on the internet; he got in early and made this all by himself, before I got in from work!
ETA: Wow, and it was incredibly good too!
Thalassa4 and afancywaytofall like this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 02-17-2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Praising OH for treating me to an entirely unexpected amazing vegan meal :)
#3576 Old 02-17-2016, 03:17 PM

Breakfast: oatmeal with quinoa and maple syrup

Lunch: big salad with avocado, carrots, beets, olives, and french dressing

Snacktime: banana and almond milk smoothie with some cocoa powder and peanut butter

Dinner: working on making vegan 'bacon' (made with eggplant), so we'll see how that goes... not sure what I'm going to pair it with yet! Maybe other veg or pasta
afancywaytofall likes this.
#3577 Old 02-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Happy vegan

B: Oatmeal with molasses, cinnamon, almond milk, and banana
L: Jambalaya mix with asparagus, cucumber (weird but good), and cherry tomatoes
D: Three red baked potatoes and some rice noodles with stir fry veggies and some teriyaki sauce
#3578 Old 02-18-2016, 02:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Black bean/pumpkin chocolate pudding; clementines

figs, medjool dates, and almond milk

kidney beans, diced bell pepper, salsa over brown rice

sauteed (in veggie broth and water) savvoy cabbage, chopped apple, Field Roast apple sage "sausage", sauerkraut, and caraway seeds; almond milk
Thalassa4 likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3579 Old 02-18-2016, 06:05 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: rolled barley, spelt, oats with banana milk, blueberries and cardamom
S: 3 corn thins with sliced apples
L: mixed greens with quinoa, cranberries and pecan
D: lentil and ancient grain soup, spinach salad, hummus, tomato, sliced potato on food for life sprouted grain bread on forman grill.

I know humans consider it a grave insult to be called an animal. Well, I would never give a human the fine distinction of being called an animal, because an animal may kill to live but an animal never lives to kill. Humans have to earn the right to be called animals again.”
#3580 Old 02-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Semi-lurker

B coffee with dark chocolate almond milk, Spanish tostada con tomatoe y avocado (toasted demi baguette with shredded roma tomato topped with avocado, a pinch of sea salt and Spanish single variety evoo)
D my version of thai massaman curry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Videos, recipes, tips, and techniques.

#3581 Old 02-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Veggie Recycler

1st meal - a little pasta and green beans, drizzled with flax oil after cooking, oranges and peaches in natural juices, black coffee

2nd meal - mushrooms and marinara sauce over toasted rye bread with margerine

Snack - sliced banana, tossed with cocoa powder and maple syrup

Coffee

3rd meal - Oriental Ramen with chickpeas added, drizzled with flax oil after cooking (I really wanted flax oil today apparently, it was especially delicious on the Ramen and chickpeas)
#3582 Old 02-19-2016, 02:22 AM
Beginner

Kale breakfast smoothies

http://venusvegan.wordpress.com
#3583 Old 02-19-2016, 02:53 AM
Veggie Regular

cold barley flakes, blueberries, cinnamon, almond milk; a few brazil nuts

figs, medjool dates, and almond milk

kidney beans, diced bell pepper, salsa over brown rice

couscous, steamed green beans and frozen mixed vegetables topped with garlic powder and Tofutti sour cream; clementines, almond milk

#3584 Old 02-19-2016, 06:54 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: rolled barley, spelt, oats, chai spice, banana milk and blueberries

S: 2 corn thins and sliced apple

L: mixed greens, hummus on 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread with spinach, tomatoes and grilled tempeh.

D:black bean lettuce bundles, buffalo cauliflower, roasted delicata squash

#3585 Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Banana
L - Crisps x 2 bags
D - Fajitas with wholemeal wraps, homemade refried pinto beans (from the freezer), sauteed vegetables (onions, peppers, garlic and homemade spice mix), salsa (tinned chopped tomatoes, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, salt & garlic powder), pickled jalapenos, shredded lettuce with lime juice)
S - Few glasses of wine and probably popcorn
#3586 Old 02-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

B--Strawberry Banana French toast made with cinnamon-cardamom swirl bread
L-Amy's black bean burrito
D-Tacos.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3587 Old 02-22-2016, 08:01 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: steel cut oats, cardamom, blueberries, banana.
S: vegan walnut oatmeal scone
L: baby bok choy, spinach, chard, a baked potatoes covered with water saute bell peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, cajun seasoning and black beans.
D: roasted blue fingerling potatoes, asparagus, quinoa burger, steamed chard with onions and garlic.

#3588 Old 02-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

B - beans on toast
L - a pint of tomato juice with Tiger Tiger Worcester sauce and celery salt
D - savoury mince (frozen soya mince, olive oil, sliced onions, sliced mushrooms, frozen peas, dark miso powder, onion gravy granules), mashed potatoes, steamed shredded greens, steamed sliced carrots
#3589 Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Oatmeal and frozen warmed strawberries

2 whole wheat tortillas rolled up with homemade chia raspberry jam inside; pear

garden salad with romaine lettuce, kale, kidney beans, broccoli sprouts, leeks, kelp noodles, jicama, bell pepper, celery, and Annie's Lite Goddess dressing; flax milk

Ciabetta sub with roasted chickpeas, yellow squash, carrot, bell pepper, and pineapple tucked inside and a sauce made with Silk soy vanilla yogurt, pineapple juice, cornstarch, dijon, and garlic powder poured over it. Flax milk to drink

Here's a pic of the sub:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ciabetta Sub and Roasted Veggies.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	13761  
Purp, LedBoots and plnteater like this.

#3590 Old 02-23-2016, 07:22 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: Purely Elizabeth 6 grains hot grain with banana milk and blueberries
L: bok choy, kale, chard, spinach, romaine, butter lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, buffalo tofu with strawberry balsamic vinegar
D: Sriracha cornmeal roasted cauliflower, purple sweet potatoes steamed, side spinach salad, lentil oat loaf

#3591 Old 02-26-2016, 02:01 PM

I'm not very good at finding nice and appetizing ideas for vegan meals, so mine don't sound very interesting, but today I had:

B: Mashed beans (maybe traditional Romanian dish? well, it's traditional here) with bread, tomatoes and olives + a bowl of cereal with vanilla flavoured soy milk
L: Leftover peas stew (with tomatoes and onions) and again, leftover fries with vegan mayo
S: Fruit salad (mangoes, bananas, pears and grapefruit)
D: Vegetable instant noodle soup (maybe a traditional student food) + salad (cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, scalded peppers)
+ Herbal tea that helps with digestion (because I shouldn't have combined those peppers with soy sauce maybe) with some vanilla soy milk in it
LedBoots and Spudulika like this.
#3592 Old 02-26-2016, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

I had some leftover penne pasta so I mixed it, with some of it's pasta water, with a drizzle of Braggs aminos, a spoonful of Just Mayo, and a good bit of nooch, garlic and onion powder, and mixed together. Topped with frozen broccoli for lunch. Delicious!
Chou likes this.
#3593 Old 02-27-2016, 04:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I had a banana and a pint of tomato juice for breakfast. A large mixed green salad with olives and toasted tortilla chips (a lazy fattoush) for lunch. A big bowl of Greek Fakes or Greek whole lentil stew with wholemeal bread for dinner.
#3594 Old 02-27-2016, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou View Post
I'm not very good at finding nice and appetizing ideas for vegan meals, so mine don't sound very interesting, but today I had:

B: Mashed beans (maybe traditional Romanian dish? well, it's traditional here) with bread, tomatoes and olives
Sounded interesting enough for me to Google. Is this your breakfast:

https://romaniandelights.wordpress.c...on-and-garlic/

Is it usually served for breakfast?

Today:

B - missed

L - leftover fakes (olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, whole brown lentils, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, red wine vinegar) with wholemeal bread

D - baked marinated tofu (tofu, lemon juice, soya sauce, toasted sesame oil, garlic granules, chilli sauce) in a jar of black bean sauce with chestnut mushrooms, peas, onions, garlic and wholewheat noodles
#3595 Old 02-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Lyn

Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal with soy milk. Find I like soy milk better than cow's milk.
#3596 Old 02-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

B - An orange; wholemeal toast topped with violife cheese, tomato and avocado slices
L - Bitesize shredded wheat cereal with raisins, cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds and almond milk; banana; Trek bar
S - Barbecue crisps
D - Soup/stew made with lots of kale, mushrooms, butter beans, quinoa, red cabbage and garlic

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3597 Old 02-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie (mango, banana, romaine lettuce, chia seeds, almond milk)

L: 2 homemade orange spiced muffins; garden salad with romaine lettuce, sprouts, red pepper, celery, carrots, Annie's Lite Goddess dressing; Daiya blueberry Greek style vegan yogurt

D: cream of broccoli soup (broccoli, potato, onion, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, curry powder, almond milk); homemade chocolate ice cream (was supposed to be a pudding but was a bit runny so I put it in the freezer to thicken and forgot about it til it nearly froze. Turned out to make an incredible ice cream lol)
LedBoots likes this.

#3598 Old 02-29-2016, 11:36 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: steel cut oats, banana milk, blueberries
L: beet greens, spinach, romaine, chard, tomatoes, peppers, buffalo tofu and flavored balsamic vinegar
D: roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus, roasted sriracha cornmeal cauliflower, quinoa burger, baked beans
silva likes this.

#3599 Old 02-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

B: toasts with mashed white beans and a drizzle of blackstrap molasses; orange

lunch and snacks: roasted pumpkin seeds mixed with chopped dates; bean vegetable soup (brown lentils, black beans, tomatoes, onion, celery, vegetable broth, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, oregano); homemade orange spiced muffin; larabar (cherry flavored one)

dinner: hard shell corn tacos with bulgur/lentil mix and taco seasonings, salsa, fresh lettuce and tomato; almond milk

#3600 Old 03-01-2016, 07:48 AM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: barley, spelt, millet, banana milk, blueberries, chai spice

L: Buddha bowl: black forbidden rice, roasted Japanese sweet potatoes, red lentils, sriracha roasted cauliflower, over romaine, chard, spinach, beet green onions, bell peppers with ninja squirrel sriracha over the whole thing...yummy!!!

D: black bean soup, engine 2 ancient grain sprouted roll, spinach and kale salad with flavored balsamic vinegar
LedBoots likes this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page