What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 117 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3481 Old 01-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Oryzatarian

Lunch: noodles in a nice 'random vegetable scaps' stock

Dinner: Pea stew seasoned with feral catnip plus a tatsoi purple cabbage salad
[some years ago at the start of february a deer led me to a stand of feral catnip growing in the woods so I took a start home, its nice having fresh 'mint' in late january]

Snack 1: yellow popcorn
Snack 2: white popcorn
[they had to be compared back to back to get a fair evaluation, or thats my excuse]

Supper: Vegan red beans and rice, or as my great grandmother called it... "red beans and rice"
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3482 Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 PM
Fellow Hummusapian

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cashew milk and a banana.

Lunch: Spaghetti with a red pepper/mushroom/onion/tomato-basil sauce.

Snack: Brownie-in-a-mug (veganized)

Dinner: Soft tofu scramble with sauteed spinach and mushrooms in sesame oil and soy sauce, topped with cucumber and avocado.

Snack: Blackberries. <3
#3483 Old 01-27-2016, 12:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday

B - Banana
L - missed
D - huge plate of mashed potatoes, baked beans, steamed cauliflower and Birds Eye vegetable fingers. That was a junk food day. The vegetable fingers only appealed to be because, well they look like fishfingers Lol! Pretty bland though. Thank heaven for sriracha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3484 Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, potato croquettes with firecracker sauce

lunch: tea with almond milk, lentils with pita bread

dinner: whole wheat pasta in tomato chilli sauce

snacks: soya cafe latte, fruit crumble

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-27-2016 at 07:17 AM.
#3485 Old 01-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
Yesterday
The vegetable fingers only appealed to be because, well they look like fishfingers Lol! Pretty bland though. Thank heaven for sriracha!
Hey, I love those things! They have a subtle flavour. It's understated but it's nice, I think.
#3486 Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Hey, I love those things! They have a subtle flavour. It's understated but it's nice, I think.
I don't know if you used to do fishfinger butties (sandwich) in the States, but I bought them pretty much to do that with because that's a thing that I used to love and a 'fishfinger butty' makes a great fast suppertime snack.

They definitely served their purpose there pretty well, all hot and crunchy wodged between two slices of buttered bread so the butter* goes melty (I insist on slathering loads on) and the bread a bit squidgy.

*I never know whether I should clarify that it's not dairy butter but vegetable spread I'm talking about here on the vegan forum, but vegetable spread just doesn't have the same ring!
no whey jose likes this.
#3487 Old 01-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
I don't know if you used to do fishfinger butties (sandwich) in the States, but I bought them pretty much to do that with because that's a thing that I used to love and a 'fishfinger butty' makes a great fast suppertime snack.

They definitely served their purpose there pretty well, all hot and crunchy wodged between two slices of buttered bread so the butter* goes melty (I insist on slathering loads on) and the bread a bit squidgy.

*I never know whether I should clarify that it's not dairy butter but vegetable spread I'm talking about here on the vegan forum, but vegetable spread just doesn't have the same ring!
That sounds yummy. I'd try it! I've noticed that you Brits put butter on all kinds of sandwiches. Burgers, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, everything. In the States we do more of ketchup or mayo.

I call vegan butter "butter," too.
Spudulika likes this.
#3488 Old 01-28-2016, 08:36 AM

breakfast- beetroot and raspberry porridge (oats, grated beetroot, almond milk, handful raspberries)
lunch- barley indian chickpea soup (leftover barley from fridge, coconut milk, chickpeas, kale, carrot, tomato, loads of spices)
dinner (in 1 hour)- sourdough bread and baked beans with nutritional yeast topping

snacks- hot chocolate made with soya milk
raw carrots and green pea hummus
#3489 Old 01-28-2016, 10:17 AM
Embracer of the Veggies

B: Oatmeal with raisins and dates

L: Fried rice and green beans

D: Don't know yet, but a baked potato sounds nice

snack: Hummus and pita chips, popcorn
#3490 Old 01-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with almond milk, peanut butter toast

lunch- spaghetti in tomato chilli sauce

dinner: creamy rice with peas

snack: bbq crisps

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-28-2016 at 02:27 PM.
#3491 Old 01-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Wholemeal toast with yeast extract, peanut butter and slices of banana, coffee
L - Salad - rocket, red pepper, cucumber, avocado, pomegranate seeds and sumac powder, with tahini-miso dressing
S - Nakd bar
D - Vegetable and pasta soup with a roll filled with seitan and tomato slices; handful of crisps

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3492 Old 01-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, roasted green beans and corn on the cob

lunch: spaghetti with tomato sauce and Linda sausages

drink: cava brut

snacks: pita bread with peanut butter, crisps

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-29-2016 at 01:18 PM.
#3493 Old 01-29-2016, 02:11 AM
Plant/Fungi based.

B- Cauliflower wings
L- Vegetable enchiladas with pepper, onions, zucchini, black beans, mushrooms, and beyond meat faux chicken
D- Vegan avocado sushi rolls, with avocado, carrots, and cucumber inside
Snacks- Ezekial bread with peanut butter and banana.
no whey jose likes this.
#3494 Old 01-29-2016, 02:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
That sounds yummy. I'd try it! I've noticed that you Brits put butter on all kinds of sandwiches. Burgers, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, everything. In the States we do more of ketchup or mayo.

I call vegan butter "butter," too.
I had crunchy fried vegetable fingers in a butty with sriracha for breakfast. I think frying these things might become a preference in this house, though that will be one heck of a lot of calories from fat

Lunch was pasta salad from the fridge (wholewheat penne with spring onions, salad tomatoes, red pepper, green pepper and mushrooms) in a tomato and chilli dressing (tomato puree, olive oil, lemon juice, chilli sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic granules) topped with diced Violife cheese and served with a side salad of lettuce and cucumber (dressed with fresh lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper).

Snack was an apple and some pretzels.

For supper I had a big lazy bowl of steamed veggies including potatoes, brussels sprouts and peas all covered in sriracha (again - I can't get enough!).
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 01-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.
#3495 Old 01-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Lots of coffee, apple with peanut butter
L - Smoky bbq baked beans (aduki and black beans), brown rice, tomato, cucumber and gherkin salad
S - Orange
D - Wholewheat noodles with stirfried seitan, onion, red pepper and broccoli with spicy hoisin sauce; date and coconut crumble bar

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3496 Old 01-29-2016, 12:58 PM
vegan since Sept. 2014

B: rolled oats, barley, spelt with banana milk and blueberries
S: apple
L: huge salad with bok choy, kale, spinach, butter and romaine lettuce, chard, tomatoes, onions and yellow and orange bell peppers.
D: lentil spinach oat loaf, roasted potatoes with asparagus, baked beans
#3497 Old 01-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Oryzatarian

L: Extra soft garlicy mashed potatoes with parboiled vegetables and whole wheat spaghetti mixed in. It was just awkward enough to be fun to eat

D: Spicy black bean chilli with kale rice, salad, and fresh made whole wheat tortillas with onions, kimchi, jalapenos, and tomatillos for constructing burritos as I eat

S: Turmeric oatmeal and blueberries
LedBoots likes this.
#3498 Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: soya cafe latte, vegetable and hummus wrap

snacks: walnuts, mango, salt & pepper pretzels

dinner: whole wheat pasta with roasted courgette in tomato chilli sauce

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-30-2016 at 10:36 AM.
#3499 Old 01-30-2016, 07:28 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
L: Extra soft garlicy mashed potatoes with parboiled vegetables and whole wheat spaghetti mixed in. It was just awkward enough to be fun to eat

D: Spicy black bean chilli with kale rice, salad, and fresh made whole wheat tortillas with onions, kimchi, jalapenos, and tomatillos for constructing burritos as I eat

S: Turmeric oatmeal and blueberries
Those burritos and the black bean chili would really hit the spot right now. I am waiting for my split pea soup to finish cooking so am reading this thread hungrily
Spudulika likes this.
#3500 Old 01-30-2016, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Those burritos and the black bean chili would really hit the spot right now. I am waiting for my split pea soup to finish cooking so am reading this thread hungrily
I LOVE split pea soup. Such a nice mealy satisfying texture

For breakfast I had two slices of wholewheat toast with sunflower butter and yeast extract
For lunch I had tomato and onion pasta
For dinner I'm finishing off the vegetable fingers along with a big pile of mash and baked beans
I expect I'll squeeze some supper (maybe crackers) in later too
#3501 Old 01-30-2016, 08:24 AM

Breakfast : Banana and raspberry and soy milk.
Lunch : Rice with onion and herbs.Salad.
Diner : I still do not know. Any suggestion ?
#3502 Old 01-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

B: cream of wheat, banana, blueberries, maple syrup, almond milk, and flaxmeal combined

L: garden salad complete with green leaf lettuce, radish sprouts, jicama, clementine, cherry tomatoes, salsa, black beans; almond milk

D: ate out at a local Mexican restaurant. Always a big deal for me because I eat out once every other month or so lol, though lately I have been involved in some local vegan potlucks. I had two soft shell tacos with black beans, tomato, lettuce, and taco sauce (I asked them to leave out the cheese and sour cream); red rice; grilled zucchini strips; and a bowl of tortilla chips and house salsa. Mango iced tea to drink. I had called the restaurant yesterday to confirm that their tortillas, taco sauce, and some other items are vegan. They were very knowledgeable and nice about it, and they even mentioned that their marinade for the fajita veggies contains honey (I had planned to eat that but went with the black bean tacos instead).

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3503 Old 01-31-2016, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, mango

lunch: vegan white mac 'n' cheese (actually a cream sauce made from almond milk, onion, flour, and paprika)

dinner: fried rice with sweet peppers and carrots

snack: dark chocolate

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-31-2016 at 11:06 AM.
#3504 Old 02-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk

lunch: black beans, roasted broccoli and carrots

dinner: whole wheat pasta in tomato sauce
#3505 Old 02-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Veggie Regular

B: Wholegrain crackers with hommus, sliced tomato and bio cheese

L: Seriously can't even remember, I think I'm too tired. I know I had some chocolate at some point. Oh and I had strawberries with chocolate sauce at some stage.

D: Gardein fishless fillets with mashed potato and corn.
#3506 Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Missed out breakfast
For lunch I had some pan fried potato bread
For Dinner we had fajitas with wholewheat wraps, homemade refried beans* (out of the freezer), sliced sauted peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms seasoned with a home-made spice blend, tomato salsa (chopped tomatoes, garlic granules, salt, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce), pickled jalapenos and shredded iceburg lettuce.

*I'm enjoying fajitas so much more with refried beans.
LedBoots likes this.
#3507 Old 02-01-2016, 10:46 AM

B- Muesli w/almond milk

L- Tomato soup & bread

S- Pecan pie flavour nakd bar and a bottle of Orange Juice

D- Cauliflower steak topped with tomato and red peppers (soo goood...), Almond Chocolate Milk
#3508 Old 02-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Oryzatarian

I decided whats for dinner but I havent the faintest idea what to call it, lol
Gonna cook up beans, chickpeas, and onions together in vegetable broth, eventually adding vegetables and reducing the oniony broth to a sauce, then at the very end adding mustard greens and bunching onions followed by garlic, dill, and fresh rosemary. It'll be served up with lots of kale-rice (thats rice with kale in, you can see my creativity with naming) and also steamed butternut squash as a side.
LedBoots likes this.
#3509 Old 02-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Vegan

Big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, chips and kombucha for a snack.

Call me Andy
#3510 Old 02-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
I decided whats for dinner but I havent the faintest idea what to call it, lol
Gonna cook up beans, chickpeas, and onions together in vegetable broth, eventually adding vegetables and reducing the oniony broth to a sauce, then at the very end adding mustard greens and bunching onions followed by garlic, dill, and fresh rosemary. It'll be served up with lots of kale-rice (thats rice with kale in, you can see my creativity with naming) and also steamed butternut squash as a side.
LOL, my partner will often ask me what's for dinner and I have no idea what to call it either. So I start listing ingredients.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page