What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 116 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3451 Old 01-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Poo Pie Head

B: Oats, blueberries, raisins, flaxmeal, cinnamon, maple syrup with soy milk.

L: Seitan sammach.

D: vegan casserole. First time I have made a "cheese and peas" style casserole. Turned out really well, next time I will include jalapenos tho...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3452 Old 01-20-2016, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie: frozen banana, frozen strawberries, collard greens (about two cups worth), homemade soy yogurt, water, Vega protein powder

lunches/snacks: Once again I was at our annual onsite staff meeting and holiday dinner (most of my department works from home). And once again our "holiday dinner" was provided for us in a conference room right after the meeting, and involved take out pizza dripping with cheese and meat, and soda pop. I brought in my own food and endured the awkwardness of being the only person in a room of over 35 people eating something other than smelly greasy animal based pizza. And I am still very self conscious eating around others so it was not a fun day. I brought in some homemade bread with peanut butter on it, a Cliff bar, and an apple to eat along with some coffee to sip on. I got tired of hearing how "disciplined" I am while everyone was chowing down on pizza. I mentioned on more than one occasion how I really enjoy the vegan pizzas at Pizza Luce. I should have thought ahead to order and have Pizza Luce deliver a pizza or two to work. Maybe next year.

D: ate at Mom's. And I cooked dinner there too lol. My Mom doesn't like to cook much, and I LOVE to cook, so I took charge of her kitchen and it was fun to figure out what to make on the fly and still have a piping hot awesome dinner on the table in less than twenty minutes. She had a polenta tube so I sliced that and fried it in a little olive oil. I also made some red lentils she had on hand, and added canned tomato paste and diced tomato and seasonings like garlic powder and basil to it, then added the mixture over the polenta. On the way to Mom's I stopped at Whole Foods Coop (cause I needed other stuff there anyway) and bought fresh tomato and Punk Rawk Labs locally made vegan gourmet cashew fermented cheese. for a treat with dinner we had fresh sliced tomato and the cheese spread over it. It's a VERY expensive cheese so I savored every bite because I probably won't buy it again for a very long time.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3453 Old 01-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: tea with soya milk, cucumber slices and toasted pita bread with piri piri hummus

lunch: whole wheat pasta with peas

dinner: satay tofu with spicy fried rice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3454 Old 01-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Oryzatarian

I was cleaning the family kitchen storage area and uncovered a brand new unused stainless steel steamer I didnt know we had... tho it had clearly been there for at least 16 years

D: Chickpea walnut veggie gumbo with brown rice, potatoes n sauce, garden fresh salad (yay, global warming), and steamed whole wheat purple cabbage dumplings

S: Curry flavored brown rice with steamed carrot and whole wheat peanut butter noodles
#3455 Old 01-21-2016, 12:07 AM

Thumbs up

Video I made to show how I normally eat(and train) in a day:
#3456 Old 01-21-2016, 02:19 AM
Veggie Regular

B: cold barley flakes, blueberries, and almond milk

lunches/snacks: white bean carrot curried soup; homemade whole wheat bread; larabar; orange

dinner: steamed some sweet potato and potato, then sauteed them in veggie broth with mushrooms, yellow squash, onion, red peppers, and spices; garden salad with some raw sprouted radish seeds thrown in (I soaked and sprouted over the weekend) and chickpeas and various veggies; almond milk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3457 Old 01-21-2016, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Oats made up with homemade almond milk, ground almonds, water and cinnamon topped with blueberries, strawberries and agave syrup
L - Spinach wrap filled with beetroot houmous, spinach and avocado
S - Mini pretzels
D - Spaghetti in tomato and basil sauce with chickpeas, broccoli and nooch; mini bar of ginger dark chocolate

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3458 Old 01-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Lots of raw food today:

smoothie with collard greens, strawberries, banana, chia seeds, almond milk, water

Orange, larabar (cashew one), homemade whole wheat bread; white bean carrot curried soup; almond milk; coffee

Garden salad with cauliflower, green peas, celery, radish sprouts, more collard greens, red leaf lettuce, Amy's Lite Goddess dressing; Sandwich with my homemade bread, tomato paste, onion, black olives; almond milk; canned pumpkin with cocoa powder, maple syrup, pinch of salt and cinnamon, oat flour for a kind of quick dessert "dough". I'm stuffed.

#3459 Old 01-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: tea with soya milk, grain & veg mix

lunch: toasted pita bread with crunchy peanut butter

dinner: fried rice with onion and peas

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-22-2016 at 11:09 AM.
#3460 Old 01-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Veggie Regular

This morning I had two slices of wholewheat toast with Pure sunflower spread and yeast extract. Black coffee. Orange juice

This afternoon we had Linda Mc. red onion & rosemary sausages (good and charred on the outside how I like them) with wholegrain mustard, crunchy roast potatoes, roast parsnip, steamed cauliflower topped with grated Violife cheese, steamed carrots and steamed shredded spring greens all with onion gravy. Yummy!! Afterwards I had a glass of Rice Dream chocolate milk.

Don't know what we'll have this evening yet, maybe lentil soup.
no whey jose likes this.
#3461 Old 01-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

@Spudulika : Your lunch sounds delicious. I love Linda sausages! I purposefully burn mine, too.

---

breakfast: tea with soya milk, mixed seed flapjack

lunch: pizza with barbecue sauce, onion, corn, jalapeno, and pineapple (I'm experimenting.)

snacks: mimosa, dark chocolate bar

dinner: My husband is making veggie burgers from a mix. I am sceptical. Will report back after. ETA: They were pretty good! A little crumbly.
Spudulika likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-24-2016 at 01:32 AM.
#3462 Old 01-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

It is cold and windy, so I'm throwing a bunch of stuff in the crockpot this morning.
Purp and no whey jose like this.
#3463 Old 01-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
It is cold and windy, so I'm throwing a bunch of stuff in the crockpot this morning.
I've got a batch of pinto beans bubbling away in mine right now (making refried beans for fajitas tomorrow). Stupidly though I put it on in the afternoon, so it won't be ready to turn off until the middle of the night (and there is no timer control!).
Purp likes this.
#3464 Old 01-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Oryzatarian

L: Whole wheat spaghetti with a fresh made tomato, pecan, red cabbage sauce. Managed it in 20 minutes flat, lol

D: Pumpkin pie flavored chilli with brown rice, steamed peanut butter and sweet potato whole wheat dumplings, potatoes n sauce, and fresh salad

S: Brown rice with steamed carrots and walnuts
#3465 Old 01-23-2016, 08:42 PM

I'm starting to make videos of my recipes when they are succesfull and so I never forget how I made them.
Here are they:
Vegetarian pizza (try to find VEGAN mozarella cheese)
Soy milk
TOFU
Chocolate chips cookies
Banana bread (i Put eggs in this but you can just replace it)

Last edited by Purp; 01-25-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spam post
#3466 Old 01-24-2016, 01:28 AM
Veggie Regular

breakfast: cream of wheat with almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup; orange; coffee

went on a 3 mile snowshoe adventure in the north woods (first snowshoe of the season) so I brought along and ate: mixed pumpkin seeds and raisins; apple; 3 frozen thawed buckwheat blueberry flax pancakes (I make batches of these and freeze them for future outdoor day trip snacks)

dinner: two homemade black bean burgers on Rudi's whole wheat buns with onion and Just Mayo; large salad with collard greens, lettuce, cauliflower, radish sprouts, tahini lemon based dressing; almond milk

#3467 Old 01-24-2016, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, Linda sausage rolls

lunch: lentil and veg burgers with roasted broccoli

snacks: dark chocolate bar, tea biscuits

dinner: vegetable samosas, onion bhaji, lentils in tomato sauce and rice
Blue Gingham likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-24-2016 at 10:20 AM.
#3468 Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 AM
Veggie Regular

For breakfast I had two slices of wholemeal toast with tahini. Orange juice. Black coffee

For dinner this afternoon we've had fajitas with a bunch of nice things in them: refried beans (which I made earlier today), sauteed onions and peppers, tomato salsa, shredded iceburg lettuce. I'm totally sold on refried beans and have four tubs now in the freezer. Yums!

I've got quite a lot of leeks still hanging around in the fridge from last week so I'm probably going to make a big pan of leek and potato soup for supper (which I can also take in to work for lunches next week).
LedBoots likes this.
#3469 Old 01-24-2016, 05:42 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
For breakfast I had two slices of wholemeal toast with tahini. Orange juice. Black coffee

For dinner this afternoon we've had fajitas with a bunch of nice things in them: refried beans (which I made earlier today), sauteed onions and peppers, tomato salsa, shredded iceburg lettuce. I'm totally sold on refried beans and have four tubs now in the freezer. Yums!

I've got quite a lot of leeks still hanging around in the fridge from last week so I'm probably going to make a big pan of leek and potato soup for supper (which I can also take in to work for lunches next week).
Yum all that sounds great! Leek and potato soup especially, it's cold today!
#3470 Old 01-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Yum all that sounds great! Leek and potato soup especially, it's cold today!
It's quite mild for midwinter here in the UK, but it's insufferably dark and dank! Definitely a stay at home day.

Leek and potato stew now cooking on the stove (carrots, celery, onion, barley, brown lentils, potatoes, leeks & Oat cream)*

I love my cosy cooking days at the weekend. They generate a ridiculous amount of washing up though

* Eaten it already o.O
I put some grated Violife cheese on top of my serving, and it works really well on soup. A big pile of grated cheddar cheese melting into a bowl of hot soup was always something I loved in wintertime.
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.

Last edited by Spudulika; 01-24-2016 at 09:35 AM.
#3471 Old 01-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Happy vegan

B: Leftover Korean food I took home from work
L: Potato curry
D: Zoodles and tomato sauce
no whey jose likes this.
#3472 Old 01-25-2016, 08:02 AM

Breakfast- Carrot cake porridge- oats, grated carrots, mixed spice, homemade soya milk
Lunch- Minestrone soup- pasta, tomato sauce, loads of veggies, kidney beans
Dinner- (to be eaten in 1 hour or so...) Kitcheri- basmati rice, lentils, few chopped veggies, flaxseed oil. loads of indian spices

Snacks- homemade soya yogurt and granola
chocolate hummus and chopped apple
#3473 Old 01-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh Kaur View Post
Breakfast- Carrot cake porridge- oats, grated carrots, mixed spice, homemade soya milk
Dinner- (to be eaten in 1 hour or so...) Kitcheri- basmati rice, lentils, few chopped veggies, flaxseed oil. loads of indian spices

I love Kitchari!
Singh Kaur likes this.
#3474 Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I made "oatgurt" that I learned about from someone at a vegan meetup group. On Thursday night I soaked some raw oat groats, and on Friday morning I blended the oat groats and soak water in my blender to get a mushy consistency, then let it ferment for 48 hours in a warm place.

This morning I had some of my oatgurt for breakfast, and I swear this stuff tastes so much like unsweetened yogurt! it's a bit more chewy and textury, but it has that sourish taste like unsweeteend plain yogurt, and it still has a sort of creaminess to it. I had an orange on the side.

lunch: homemade chili (black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bulgur wheat, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, collard greens, and lots of spices, especially cayenne); almond milk

dinner: pumpkin sage pasta recipe from the "Everyday Hapy Herbivore" cookbook. I also threw in some peas and onion. And I made parmesan with ground almonds, nutritional yeast, cornmeal, and marjorum to go on top. Homemade vanilla pudding for dessert, and almond milk.
silva and Blue Gingham like this.

#3475 Old 01-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Beginner

Today was "what to eat when I desperately need to go to the grocery store?" day.

B: apple, banana, almonds
L: curried pumpkin apple soup, multigrain rice cakes
D: pan-seared seitan slices on hamburger buns with spicy mustard, yellow bell pepper
Naturebound and no whey jose like this.
#3476 Old 01-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh Kaur View Post

Chocolate humm\us?? That sounds delicious.
no whey jose likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3477 Old 01-26-2016, 01:21 AM

chocolate hummus is honestly delicious
Here is my recipe-

rinse 1 cup of chickpeas in a colander under a running cold tap, and if you can be bothered use your fingers to remove some of the chickpea skins (this makes the hummus more smooth and nutella-like)

Put chickpeas in a mini food processor along with 2-3 tbsp nut butter (any kind), 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, pinch salt, and 2-3 tbsp of your choice of liquid sweetener/sugar/stevia

Add enough plant milk to bring the whole thing together as you blend into a smooth delicious chocolate hummus....looks naughty, but is all round pretty healthy for you
#3478 Old 01-26-2016, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

I had never heard of chocolate hummus. That sounds delicious! Someone on a food group I follow made chocolate pasta once.
Singh Kaur likes this.
#3479 Old 01-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, plain yogurt with coconut milk, potato croquettes with firecracker sauce

snack: soya cafe latte, smoked almonds

lunch: tea with soya milk, curried chickpeas

dinner: whole wheat pasta in creamy onion sauce
#3480 Old 01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: two toasts with peanut butter; orange

morning snack at work: steamed squash and sweet potato; soy yogurt

lunch: homemade chili (black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bulgur wheat, onion, zucchini, red bell pepper, collard greens, and lots of spices, especially cayenne); almond milk

dinner: roasted portobello mushroom strips, zucchini, onion, red and yellow bell peppers over white rice with homemade bbq sauce coating everything; almond milk

starting to feel a little under the weather. My partner has been sick with a cold since Sunday. :/ So I am trying to up my vitamin C rich foods.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page