What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 115 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3421 Old 01-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

breakfast: pumpkin, banana, cocoa powder, splash of almond milk mixed and mashed together; coffee

morning snack at work: bowl of hot oatmeal with cinnamon and stevia

lunch: homemade baked seitan strips and homemade coleslaw (savoy cabbage, chopped carrot, apple, onion, broccoli, dressing (miso, dijon, rice vinegar, maple syrup)

dinner: buckwheat pancakes (ground some buckwheat groats into flour in my Blendtec blender and no this is not an advertisement for Blendtec lol) with flax meal and blueberries in the mix. I used whole wheat flour and sorghum flour as well. I made a whole bunch of them and froze some for snacks later. On the side, I chopped and ate three huge cups of turnip greens simmered in lime juice with dulse and ginger powder and ground black pepper sprinkled on it. Almond milk to drink.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3422 Old 01-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Happy vegan

B: Oatmeal and coffee
L: Potatoes and carrots, both baked in the oven
D: Spring rolls with ginger sauce
#3423 Old 01-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Poo Pie Head

B: Tea and coffee cake (Health food right?)

L: Leftover baked beans (Hey, I am allowed really lazy meal days right?)

Snack: Blueberry muffin (I baked them today and it is law that you eat one fresh out of the oven. Also: health food0

D: I found a large truck full of free tofu so I drove the truck away and grabbed all the tofu and had fried tofu sammaches. yum!

(Kidding, wish I found a truck full of free tofu...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3424 Old 01-14-2016, 10:47 PM

Yesterday
B - pecans
L - salad of mixed greens, falafel, tomato, green beans, mushrooms, red onion, red pepper hummus, and olive oil
D - mullangi keerai kootu, beetroot poriyal, and lemon rice
Snacks - a couple handfuls of peanuts, a bar of cranberry-orange dark chocolate
SO's food discovery of the day - he likes beets when I make them like this (they were too spicy for me)

Today
B - smoothie with oats, mixed greens, banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries, and cinnamon
L - leftover lemon rice and poppadums
D - pasta salad with bowtie noodles, cherry tomatoes, kidney beans, green bell pepper, and Italian seasonings
Snacks - apple, more chocolate
Normally I wouldn't eat rice, pasta, and bread in the same day, but I didn't feel like prepping anything more.
SO's food discovery of the day - he likes nutritional yeast

Last edited by Eternal Sunshine; 01-14-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fixed links
#3425 Old 01-15-2016, 09:38 PM

B - slept in and skipped it.
L - leftover pasta salad
D - curried butternut squash lentil stew with extra curry, kale instead of spinach, and some peanuts on top
Snacks - an apple, a couple handfuls of peanuts
#3426 Old 01-15-2016, 09:39 PM

B - slept in and skipped it.
L - leftover pasta salad
D - curried butternut squash lentil stew with extra curry, kale instead of spinach, and some peanuts on top
Snacks - an apple, a couple handfuls of peanuts
#3427 Old 01-16-2016, 01:29 AM
Oryzatarian

I just finished a prolonged fast today so this was spread out evenly through the whole day to prevent complications.
Juice
Juice
Juice
Juice
Juice
Juice
Banana
Banana
Banana
Pear and juice
Banana
5 Tangerines
Pear
Pumpkin flavored mashed potatoes with peas and a bit of almond flour
Boiled potato with peanut butter
Pasta with freshly made red sauce, peas, and mustard greens
Oatmeal

It was a good day, lol
#3428 Old 01-16-2016, 04:32 AM
Veggie Regular

breakfast: blended 1/2 block of firm tofu, 1 T organic confectioner's sugar, fresh lemon juice for a lemon "pudding"; lightly sauteed 2 cups kale in some lemon juice and added ginger powder for something warm; bowl of cantaloupe

morning snack at work: bowl of hot oatmeal with cinnamon and stevia

lunch: handful of whole almonds; homemade coleslaw (savoy cabbage, chopped carrot, apple, onion, broccoli, dressing (miso, dijon, rice vinegar, maple syrup)

dinner: had to try Daiya's new yogurt line so I had a Daiya strawberry yogurt; two toasts with black beans and salsa on top; salad with red leaf lettuce, red bell pepper, cucumber, sprouts, onion, Annie's Lite Goddess dressing; ginger tea

later had a banana and a glass of almond milk for a late night snack which is unusual for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3429 Old 01-16-2016, 05:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday I had banana for breakfast, split pea and pumpkin patties on a bed of salad greens for lunch, and mashed potato, steamed greens, steamed cauliflower, chestnut stuffing (a packet leftover from Xmas) and Linda Mc sausages with gravy for dinner.

Today we had scrambled tofu with baked beans and tinned tomatoes for breakfast and I'm making Creole style black-eyed beans with greens and brown rice for dinner later. I'll probably do some more split pea and pumpkin patties for lunch shortly.

Last edited by Spudulika; 01-16-2016 at 05:33 AM.
#3430 Old 01-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, whole wheat roll, blueberry smoothie

lunch: Linda sausages and potato croquettes

dinner: vegetable curry with coconut rice and spinach

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-16-2016 at 12:27 PM.
#3431 Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, that curry looks amaaaaaaazing!
no whey jose likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3432 Old 01-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
Wow, that curry looks amaaaaaaazing!
It's from Mahaan, the best Indian restaurant in West Sussex!
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#3433 Old 01-16-2016, 04:09 PM

Dined with family at a Korean Restaurant today.

Have an all veggie bibimpap with some well season kimchi.

For anyone looking for fresh ideas in their vegan/vegetarian meals. Go to a korean restaurant and you will be in a new world
no whey jose likes this.

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
#3434 Old 01-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
breakfast: coffee with soya milk, whole wheat roll, blueberry smoothie

lunch: Linda sausages and potato croquettes

dinner: vegetable curry with coconut rice and spinach
Ong I want that curry. Just gimme that little tater in the front...
#3435 Old 01-17-2016, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Ong I want that curry. Just gimme that little tater in the front...
Back off! Mine! Grrrrrrrrr!

breakfast: coffee with almond milk, pineapple juice, peanut butter sandwich, raspberries

lunch: leftover vegetable curry and spinach

snacks: paprika crisps, dark chocolate

dinner: red pepper and onion pakora with rice and peas
LedBoots likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-17-2016 at 05:17 AM.
#3436 Old 01-17-2016, 12:30 PM

Yesterday
B - green smoothie (banana, greens, frozen berries, ice)
L - leftover curried butternut squash and lentil stew
D - leftover lemon rice (I apparently made waaaaay too much)
Snacks - apple, peanuts, dill pickle flavor potato chips

Today I've got a minor migraine, and it's totally killing my appetite. I've been trying to finish the same smoothie (oats, greens, banana, blueberries, and matcha powder) since noon.
#3437 Old 01-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Beginner

B: smoothie (silken tofu, banana, frozen raspberries, orange juice)

S: multigrain sandwich thin with 2 tablespoons peanut butter

L: Taco bell bean burrito, fresco, add romaine lettuce, jalapenos, and guacamole

D: whole wheat spaghetti with field roast italian sausage and marinara sauce, romaine salad with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and balsamic vinaigrette

S: orange
#3438 Old 01-18-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Today I've got a minor migraine, and it's totally killing my appetite. I've been trying to finish the same smoothie (oats, greens, banana, blueberries, and matcha powder) since noon.
Lunch was a small potato steamed in the microwave and sprinkled with iodized sea salt.

Dinner was an attempt to create my FMIL's white chicken chili, sans the chicken. I used this recipe
that I pinned forever ago. It only called for beans, but my fiancé insisted upon adding tofu (I had no idea he actually likes tofu!) It wound up being a really nice addition. We also made cornbread muffins. It was a delicious meal, and we're both excited to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Snack was a candy cane with pixie stick dust in the middle. Leftover Christmas stocking candy.
#3439 Old 01-18-2016, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with almond milk, Linda sausages, potato croquettes

lunch: hummus and cucumber sandwich

snacks: dark chocolate, peanut butter sandwich

dinner: vegetable quarter pounders, macaroni with peas

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-18-2016 at 11:54 AM.
#3440 Old 01-18-2016, 02:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: smoothie (frozen banana, strawberries, collard greens, almond milk, chia seeds, Vega protein powder)

apple just before a workout

L: made a huge batch of cranberry compote with chopped apple, orange, turbinado sugar, cranberries, and spices (cinnamon, ginger) and had some over more collard greens and red leaf lettuce; almond milk; a little of the carrot white bean curry soup I made for lunches for the week

D: crockpot 13 bean soup with carrots, potatoes, onion, green beans, and seasonings (sage, garlic powder, thyme, oregano); slice of freshly made homemade whole wheat bread; almond milk

I experimented and made homemade soy yogurt with organic soymilk (no other ingredients in the soy milk just water and soybeans) and it was a partial success. I wanted a sourish nonsweetened creamy nondairy yogurt. Since my oven was being employed most of the day to make bread and other stuff, I put the mixture in a glass jar, wrapped it in a blanket, put the jar in a pot, and placed it over an enclosed heater vent area in my kitchen to keep it warm. After eight hours however, it still didn't thicken at all. My thermometer only reached 80 F when I put it in the yogurt so it had not gotten warm enough. I finally put it in the oven and turned it on the warm setting (it was already warm from making bread) and after another six hours viola it worked! I used agar flakes to thicken the soymilk before adding the vegan yogurt starter/probiotics, and I preheated the soymilk and let it cool to 100 F before adding the starter. Once in the refrigerator it thickened a lot but it has a weird bubbly like texture. When I stir it (some water settles at the bottom) it loses some of the creaminess and becomes a little more liquidy, but the taste is very similar to unsweetened Greek yogurt. So I say it was a partial success. I had some of it this morning with barley flakes and blueberries and OMG it was heaven on earth!!!!
Also, I used 1 and 1/2 packets of starter instead of just one, and more agar than the recipe called for.

#3441 Old 01-18-2016, 03:24 AM

I had Coffee and Veg fried rice (Indian Special )
no whey jose likes this.
#3442 Old 01-18-2016, 04:59 AM
Beginner

So far a banana, oatmeal w/ strawberries in it and about 4 cups of coffee!
#3443 Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 AM

so far, orange/banana/red grapes/mango/pineapple smoothie, chased with a cup of coffee.
#3444 Old 01-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Mid-morning: Wholemeal toast with Granovita vegetable pate x 2 slices. Glass Rice Dream vanilla milk

Mid-afternoon: Roast potatoes, steamed dark greens, steamed carrots, peas, vegetarian Haggis, vegetable gravy. Glass Rice Dream vanilla milk

Later this evening - Not sure what I might do later yet, maybe some soup
#3445 Old 01-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Cereal, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate soymilk
S - Black grapes
L - Carrot sticks with homemade beetroot-mint houmous; cranberry flapjack; biscuits
D - Black bean and vegetable enchilada casserole, tortilla chips, red onion/tomato/coriander/avocado/lime salsa; pudding was my first ever meringue using aquafaba with whipped coconut cream, strawberries and blueberries

Very full and very happy food day!

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3446 Old 01-18-2016, 03:25 PM

East Vegan Curry Recipe

Hi, I've posted a really easy vegan curry recipe on my youtube channel. If you're looking for something wholesome and full of lovely carbs check it out

Much love to all you vegans!
#3447 Old 01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hey ben- very nice curry!
Different veggies than I'm used to using in curry. What region uses chili powder?
#3448 Old 01-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

B- mixed oats and farina with raisens and spices. coffee
L- vegetable and tofu curry with rice
D- a quesidilla with previously frozen enchilada mixture and some daiya cheddar

sleepytime chamomile tea
#3449 Old 01-18-2016, 11:44 PM

B - smoothie with mixed greens, oats, banana, frozen blueberries, and matcha powder

L - steamed potato and white bean chili

D - salad of iceberg lettuce and spiralized beets with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Balsamic-rosemary baked tofu. Roasted red potatoes and green beans tossed with paprika, oregano, and garlic (they were supposed to taste like Sbarro's.)
#3450 Old 01-19-2016, 02:59 AM
Veggie Regular

B: cold barley flakes, blueberries, and homemade soy yogurt

lunches/snacks: white bean carrot curried soup; homemade whole wheat bread; larabar; orange

dinner: couscous, green beans, onion, vegetable broth and seasonings; cranberry apple orange compote; almond milk

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page