D: Stir fry
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3392 Old 01-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
Breakfast: coconut yogurt w/ raspberries topped w/ ground flax, hemp hearts & granola
Lunch: guacamole & salsa w/ corn chips and some grape juice
snack: coffee, 2 cookies
Dinner: spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce & sauteed mushrooms

I did pretty good today...but I'm still hungry!
Quite sure you aren't eating enough calories.
That dinner, especially, is very low in calories. 100 grams of squash has about 45 calories... Try using actual spaghetti and you should be less hungry. As for your lunch, not sure how much of it you ate, but I'd consider that kind of food more of an appetizer.
Eat some rice, pasta, or potatoes for lunch and dinner, and you should be able to meet your calorie requirements.
Beans would also be good.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 01-08-2016 at 12:47 AM.
#3393 Old 01-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: 1/2 block of refrigerated extra firm tofu, banana, cocoa powder, splash of almond milk and maple syrup blended together for breakfast pudding

Lunches and snacks: mixture of pumpkin seeds and raisins; raw salad with romaine, jicama, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, chickpeas, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, and Annie's Lite Goddess dressing; homemade apple muffin; coffee

Dinner: sweet potato flatbread/roti (I used whole wheat flour and cornflour to make mine); black beans; another garden salad with cucumber, tomatoes, romaine, red pepper, Annie's Lite Goddess dressing; almond milk
LedBoots and Blue Gingham like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3394 Old 01-08-2016, 04:09 AM
Veggie turned Vegan

Breakfast: 2 wraps with hummus and spinach.

Lunch: Large oatmeal with frozen blueberries.

Dinner: Not had this yet but my partner and I are treating ourselves and going to Pizza Express! I will be having the no cheese, spinach and artichoke pizza, with sprinkled pine nuts and tomatos. Yum.

Drinks: Water and Coffee.
#3395 Old 01-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk; sauteed potatoes, peppers, and onion

snack: clementines

dinner: nut roast, asparagus, and stuffing with sage and onion gravy; coffee with soya milk

drink: bucks fizz (sparkling wine and orange juice)

dessert: cinnamon sultana muffin with crunchy peanut butter

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-08-2016 at 02:48 PM.
#3396 Old 01-08-2016, 06:32 PM

Avocado wrap
Almond fruit smoothie
Quorn pie with bio life vegan cheese
Some cashews too

Sent from my 7DTB25 using Tapatalk
#3397 Old 01-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Beginner

B: oatmeal with nutritional yeast and raisins, banana, coffee with almond milk
S: apple, more coffee with almond milk
L: salad: romaine, spinach, kidney beans, corn, onions, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, guacamole, and salsa
S: baby carrots and roasted red pepper hummus, dark chocolate coconut crisps
D: quinoa veggie burgers on bun with ketchup, spicy mustard, and onions, salad with thousand island dressing (made with Just Mayo)
#3398 Old 01-08-2016, 09:03 PM

B: coffee flavored Chia Warrior bar and a banana

L: leftover rice, lentils, carrots, and greens beans from dinner last night (because I did end up making that dish when my partner woke up)

D: falafel pitas
no whey jose likes this.
#3399 Old 01-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Glass of almond chocolate milk
Pasta with beans and cabbage
Quinoa and kale bites
Spaghetti with Gardein meatballs
Tangerine
no whey jose likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3400 Old 01-09-2016, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, a clementine, blueberry wheat cereal with soya milk

lunch: iced soya latte, vegetable fingers, whole wheat sandwich thins with jalapeno hummus, red grapes

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-09-2016 at 04:50 AM.
#3401 Old 01-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Beginner

B: oatmeal with nutritional yeast, banana, blackberries
S: apple
L: bean and rice burrito with lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, diet pepsi
D: baby carrots and hummus, v-8, orange
#3402 Old 01-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

B: crockpot steel cut oats, coconut, and shredded carrot; coffee

snack: apple, a few brazil nuts

skipped lunch because I went to my third Vegan Meetup group event and wanted to sample all the potluck dishes! OMG is all I can say. The food, the camaraderie, watching Cowspiracy, and just having an awesome time with awesome people is making me giddy. I had some kind of curry dish over rice, and some vegan spanakopita, and bulgur tabouli, and Punk Rawk vegan cheese (the best vegan cheese EVER!), and sourdough bread. I made a whole wheat spiral pasta cold dish with raw brocoli, celery, onion, chickpeas, and homemade cashew mayonnaise. I also made my own apple bread recipe with maple icing and those were great too. And I was the first at the beautiful country house the potluck was held at, and got to see several deer walk right up the patio to the back door and listen to us as we talked to them. The host is intimately familiar with the wildlife around there, and that was cool to witness too!
silva, Purp, Nooch and 4 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3403 Old 01-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post

skipped lunch because I went to my third Vegan Meetup group event and wanted to sample all the potluck dishes! OMG is all I can say. The food, the camaraderie, watching Cowspiracy, and just having an awesome time with awesome people is making me giddy. I had some kind of curry dish over rice, and some vegan spanakopita, and bulgur tabouli, and Punk Rawk vegan cheese (the best vegan cheese EVER!), and sourdough bread. I made a whole wheat spiral pasta cold dish with raw brocoli, celery, onion, chickpeas, and homemade cashew mayonnaise. I also made my own apple bread recipe with maple icing and those were great too. And I was the first at the beautiful country house the potluck was held at, and got to see several deer walk right up the patio to the back door and listen to us as we talked to them. The host is intimately familiar with the wildlife around there, and that was cool to witness too!
Lucky.
Naturebound likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3404 Old 01-10-2016, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post

That all sounds amazing!
Naturebound likes this.
#3405 Old 01-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with almond milk, sandwich thins with crunchy peanut butter, red grapes

lunch: tea with almond milk, grain and vegetable mix (barley, split peas, red lentils, elbow macaroni, dried carrot, dried onion)

snacks: soya yogurt, blueberry wheat cereal, a clementine, a soya cafe latte and fruit crumble bar, tofu quiche

dinner: whole wheat spaghetti with onion and garlic in tomato sauce

snack: paprika crisps

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-11-2016 at 01:01 PM.
#3406 Old 01-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Hooray, we have internet again!

B - Small bowl cereal with raisins, almonds and koko milk; one slice toast with peanut butter and yeast extract
S - Homemade date and coconut flapjack
L - Spinach wrap and a box of salad - kale, cucumber, tomato, red onion, cubes of roasted butternut squash, houmous and pomegranate
S - Two bourbon biscuits
D - Pasta in vegan pesto with broccoli and pinenuts; lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, yellow pepper and beetroot salad. Homemade coconut chocolate pudding.

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3407 Old 01-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

B: smoothie (kale, frozen banana, fresh cantaloupe, almond milk, chia seeds)

morning snack at work: bowl of hot oatmeal with cinnamon and stevia (much needed since the heating system was down at work and it was FREEZING)

lunch: homemade baked seitan strips and homemade coleslaw (savoy cabbage, chopped carrot, apple, onion, broccoli, dressing (miso, dijon, rice vinegar, maple syrup)

dinner: toasted Ezekiel bread stuffing with peas, onion, celery, frozen mixed veggies, veggie broth, spice like rosemary, sage, thyme; baked acorn squash with maple syrup; almond milk

#3408 Old 01-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Veggie Recycler

Brunch (?) Two gardein fishless filet with vegenaise tartar sauce, mixed vegetables, left over macaroni with Earth Balance and tomato sauce, green tea

S: coffee with coconut milk, green tumeric drink, hummus and chips

Dinner: made a lentil stew with onion, garlic, carrots, kale, rosemary in veggie broth, served it over baked potato with a dollop of plain coconut yogurt and chives. Green salad (romaine, arugula sprouts) with ginger sesame dressing.

Dessert: homemade stewed pears

Drink: lime mint coconut probiotic beverage
Blue Gingham and Jenn2 like this.

Last edited by Thalassa4; 01-11-2016 at 09:55 PM.
#3409 Old 01-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with almond milk, sandwich thins with crunchy peanut butter

lunch: leftover pasta, a clementine

snack: grain/veg mix (pearl barley, yellow and green split peas, lentils, macaroni, dried carrot and onion) with lots of paprika, plain soya yogurt with almond, cardamom and cinnamon tea

dinner: mixed vegetable curry with coconut rice
Blue Gingham likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-12-2016 at 09:20 AM.
#3410 Old 01-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Beginner

I shouldn't read this thread before breakfast...now I'm starving. Everyone's meals sound so good.
no whey jose likes this.
#3411 Old 01-12-2016, 05:51 AM

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk
Lunch: Black bean burger with lettuce and tomato

Dinner: didn't have it yet but i am going to try having a smoothie as a meal tonight! gonna make it with oatmeal, strawberries and kale
no whey jose likes this.
#3412 Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Cereal with raisins, almonds and koko milk
S - Flapjack
L - Wrap filled with seitan, lettuce, beetroot, yellow pepper; two pieces of Turkish delight
S - Dates
D - Toast, baked beans, grilled tomato, mushrooms and a vegan sausage... so breakfast :P

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3413 Old 01-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Amazing Pad Thai

What I ate today.

I ate a fruit plate for breakfast. 2 Apple sliced with cinnamon, 2 banana, 3 dates, 3 clementines.

Lunch made a green juice, tossed salad with homemade no oil Italian dressing.

Dinner I made an amazing Pad Thai with zucchini noodles. It was awesome!

Check out my video to see the recipe

no whey jose and Jenn2 like this.
#3414 Old 01-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Beginner

B. Toast, Vitalite, Marmite and black coffee
L. Hot and sour soup, carrot and cucumber sticks with hummus plus broad bean falafel
D. Baked potato and beans, grapes, orange, apple

Snacks: vodka and lemonade ....

Last edited by QuietVegan; 01-12-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Forgot what I was drinking! Only just poured it too .... *d'oh*
#3415 Old 01-13-2016, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, blueberry wheat cereal with soya milk

lunch: crispy roasted broccoli and a jacket potato

snack: raspberries

dinner: spaghetti with courgette, cherry tomatoes, and onion in garlic-infused olive oil

snack: paprika crisps, dark chocolate

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-13-2016 at 01:14 PM.
#3416 Old 01-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Toast topped wtih avocado, beetroot and sriracha
S - Chilli crackers, banana
L - Kale, yellow pepper, beetroot and seitan with pine nuts and maple dressing; cranberry flapjack
S - Salt and vinegar twirls
D - Pasta with homemade mushroom, leek and cashew cream sauce, with more seitan strips; cookie
no whey jose likes this.

#3417 Old 01-14-2016, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

breakfast: coffee with soya milk, yellow split peas

lunch: roasted courgette and a jacket potato

dinner: tofu and green pepper in black bean sauce with coconut rice

snack: dark chocolate

Last edited by no whey jose; 01-14-2016 at 12:19 PM.
#3418 Old 01-14-2016, 02:40 AM
Veggie turned Vegan

It's only morning here still, but have my meals already mapped out for today.

Breakfast: Large bowl of Oatmeal with Unsweetened soya milk.

Lunch: Tomato and basil rice with a tortilla wrap and avocado.

Dinner: Homemade (slowcooker) red lentil chilli with white rice.

I drink around 3L of water a day, including the odd black coffee in the morning (which I had today)
#3419 Old 01-14-2016, 01:33 PM

Because I've eaten vegan for two days in a row (I know it's really not much, but it's an encouraging accomplishment for me), I'm going to post yesterday's meals as well:

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Vegetable pate sandwich with tomato and olives + a bowl of cereal with sweetened soy milk
Lunch: 2 pastry twists, one with mushrooms and one with spinach (I was out in town and I ate them on the street, didn't have time to sit and eat a proper lunch)
Dinner: Self-cooked food, no name but I used potatoes, zucchini, eggplant and a Romanian traditional mix of vegetables (tomatoes, cauliflower, red pepper, onion)
+a Lipton Ice Tea and an apple

Today:
Breakfast: Vegetable pate sandwich with tomato and olives (I just love it)
Lunch/Dinner: Self-cooked food, no name again, but I used basil and garlic flavoured potatoes, mushrooms and the same mix of vegetables as yesterday
+ Black tea with sweetened wheat milk and a tangerine
#3420 Old 01-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou View Post
Because I've eaten vegan for two days in a row (I know it's really not much, but it's an encouraging accomplishment for me), I'm going to post yesterday's meals as well:

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Vegetable pate sandwich with tomato and olives + a bowl of cereal with sweetened soy milk
Lunch: 2 pastry twists, one with mushrooms and one with spinach (I was out in town and I ate them on the street, didn't have time to sit and eat a proper lunch)
Dinner: Self-cooked food, no name but I used potatoes, zucchini, eggplant and a Romanian traditional mix of vegetables (tomatoes, cauliflower, red pepper, onion)
+a Lipton Ice Tea and an apple

Today:
Breakfast: Vegetable pate sandwich with tomato and olives (I just love it)
Lunch/Dinner: Self-cooked food, no name again, but I used basil and garlic flavoured potatoes, mushrooms and the same mix of vegetables as yesterday
+ Black tea with sweetened wheat milk and a tangerine
I make stuff I have no name for either. Sometimes my partner asks me what we are having for dinner, and I just say "you'll see" or "I don't have a name for it" lol. I should start making up names.
LedBoots and Chou like this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page