What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 102 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3031 Old 10-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
B - Weetabix-style cereal with almonds, pumpkin seeds, sliced banana, raisins and Koko milk.
S - 2 homemade raw balls
L - Leftover enchilada casserole
S - Crackers, olives, gherkins
D - Super spicy sweetcorn chowder with corn tortilla chips; leftover orange spiced bread pudding with Alpro custard
WANT.
Nooch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3032 Old 10-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Lunch - Soup (potato, carrot, broccoli, and celery)
Snacks: Garden of Life raw meal shake, two bananas, a bunch of almonds
Dinner: Fajitas (Portobello mushrooms, red and green bell pepper, onion). Black beans.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 10-21-2015 at 05:24 PM.
#3033 Old 10-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

B: cream of wheat with tumeric, black pepper, allspice and raisins. Interesting..
L: lentil and bulgar patty with pickles, onion, just mayo and ketchup on wheat bread. Clementines
D: tofu broccoli and rice noodles in a Better then boullion no chik'n broth sauce

Pierres chocolate sorbet--yummy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3034 Old 10-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

a banana

almonds

soya cafe latte

falafel wrap

dark chocolate with lime and sea salt

bean and rice burrito

Secret Sausages (made of rice and vegetables)

cucumber slices with hummus

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-22-2015 at 07:37 AM.
#3035 Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Tummy finally feeling better!

B: sauteed tempeh and bok choy with squirt of soy sauce, lime juice, and ginger powder; orange on the side

L: two plain Ezekiel toasts; chickpea/sweet potato soup with collard greens, celery, red bell pepper, onion, vegetable stock in there; fresh pineapple

D: all in one skillet: cut up Field Roast Apple Sausage, added cooked brown rice, sauerkraut, chopped apple, and savoy cabbage and let it all simmer until the apples were soft. I also added caraway seed to the mix and some cider vinegar. almond milk to drink
silva and no whey jose like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3036 Old 10-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

B - Mini wheats with banana, strawberries and almond milk
L - Carrot soup, two crackers with peanut butter, vegetable crisps
S - Two homemade raw balls
D - Vegan sausages, mash, carrots, green beans, broccoli and gravy; vegan choc chunk cookies

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3037 Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 PM

B Toast with wow butter and strawberry jam
L Veggie burger, fries and ketchup
S Oreos
D Not sure yet, probably pasta and tomato sauce
#3038 Old 10-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Oryzatarian

D: Anise and mint flavored hoppin' john made with a 7" diameter kohlrabi I found growing in with my turnip greens, winter radish greens salad and boiled potatoes covered in chilli paste

S: Brown rice with cowpeas and steamed sweet potato, seasoned with fermented chilli brine
#3039 Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Beginner

B: oatmeal with tranquility trail mix and soy milk, orange
L: steamed rice and tofu teriyaki stir fry with onions, mushrooms, garlic, green peppers, and chili sauce
S: pear, honeycrisp apple
D: 2 hummus wraps with lettuce and tomato, orange bell pepper slices, diet Dr Pepper (too tired to fuss or cook--had to run out again after I thought I was home for the night)
#3040 Old 10-23-2015, 05:25 AM

Yesterday wasn't too great on the food front. I ate 1/2 cup of cashews and then some fries my boyfriend brought home.
He made me a smoothie, but he forgot one of the ingredients wasn't vegan.

Today, I'm having cashews (surprise) for breakfast.

For lunch I had another quarter cup of cashews. I've been kind of preoccupied, but my boyfriend's father is treating us to dinner so I suppose there will be little chance to forget.

Last edited by GinaJuice; 10-23-2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: To add food
#3041 Old 10-23-2015, 05:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuice View Post
Yesterday wasn't too great on the food front. I ate 1/2 cup of cashews and then some fries my boyfriend brought home.
He made me a smoothie, but he forgot one of the ingredients wasn't vegan.

Today, I'm having cashews (surprise) for breakfast.
How sweet of him to try to make you a smoothie.
#3042 Old 10-23-2015, 06:24 AM

That sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea!
#3043 Old 10-23-2015, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

a banana

soya cafe latte

vegetarian sausage, sauteed potatoes, hash browns, tomato, and baked beans

almonds

roasted veg sausage, carrots, courgette, peppers, and green beans with rice and gravy

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-23-2015 at 10:08 AM.
#3044 Old 10-23-2015, 07:59 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

These suckers, three of them, and I'm only kinda regretting it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cin.png
Views:	81
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	12305  
Purp and no whey jose like this.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#3045 Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Veggie Regular

B - 1/2 pink grapefruit, toast with yeast extract and peanut butter
S - Homemade raw ball
L - Cereal with sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds, banana and almond milk
S - Hula hoops, 2 biscuits
D - Spaghetti in tomato sauce with olives, salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato, red cabbage, radish, carrot and tahini-miso dressing

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3046 Old 10-23-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gingham View Post
How sweet of him to try to make you a smoothie.
Oh yes. He is very wonderful. I suppose that did sound like more of an indictment. But to me the fact that he tried is very worthy of praise so that was meant to be positive.
#3047 Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Beginner

B: 2 honeycrisp apples, frozen mixed berry blend (although I set out the berries to thaw and then forgot them so it was more of a snack)
L: 3 bean tostadas with lettuce, tomato, and salsa, sparkling water-white grape flavor
S: orange, sesame sticks
D: veggie patty on bun with spicy mustard, baked acorn squash fries
S2: (planned) popcorn, trail mix, grapes for movie night
#3048 Old 10-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuice View Post
Oh yes. He is very wonderful. I suppose that did sound like more of an indictment. But to me the fact that he tried is very worthy of praise so that was meant to be positive.
I didn't think you were criticizing. I just get a kick out of thoughtfulness. It makes me smile.
Purp likes this.
#3049 Old 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Glass of almond chocolate milk
Lunch: Roasted baby potatoes. Chickpeas, green beans, and sautéed onion
Snack: Smoothie (Banana, nuts, spinach, and kale)
Snack: Grilled ham and cheese sandwich. (Tofurky slices and chao cheese)
Dinner: Garlic rice. Skewers (smoked tofu, onion, red bell pepper)
no whey jose likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3050 Old 10-24-2015, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

a banana

bean cassoulet with spinach

soya cafe latte

stir fried pepper, carrots, green beans, courgette, broccoli, leek, and cabbage in satay sauce with coconut, chili, and lemongrass rice

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-24-2015 at 08:29 AM.
#3051 Old 10-24-2015, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Breakfast: Glass of almond chocolate milk
Lunch: Roasted baby potatoes. Chickpeas, green beans, and sautéed onion
Snack: Smoothie (Banana, nuts, spinach, and kale)
Snack: Grilled ham and cheese sandwich. (Tofurky slices and chao cheese)
Dinner: Garlic rice. Skewers (smoked tofu, onion, red bell pepper)
Your food is always my favourite on this thread. Seriously!
jessandreia likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-24-2015 at 03:13 AM.
#3052 Old 10-24-2015, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Greg and I went out to eat on Thursday (always a big deal for us because we so seldom eat out lol) but nothing fancy. We went to a hospital cafeteria to eat out. Before you laugh, this is the cafeteria I did some vegan advocacy with a year or so ago by donating a vegan institutional cookbook to the director of nutrition services. I also wrote him a letter. I work at this particular medical complex. At any rate, he called me some time later and told me he was incorporating some of the vegan recipes from the book to their menu. So I thought i would check things out. I was pleasantly surprised that there were far more options there than years ago when I went there to eat. The only cooked menu item the night we went that was vegan was a butternut squash soup but instead of that I had:

bagel with hummus (their bagels had the nutrition label on them and were vegan!)
garden salad with beets and beet juice instead of the oil dressings they had available
fresh cantaloupe
single serve Silk soymilk (yeah they finally have plant milks there!)
cherry pie larabar

They also had some vegan friendly cereals and other fresh fruits, and stuff like orange juice and packaged nuts. It wasn't a huge selection but compared to having almost nothing but salad and a random fruit before, I think it is a great improvement!

Yesterday:

B: oatmeal, cinnamon/stevia and a banana (my bowls of oatmeal by the way are two cups cooked oatmeal...am I the only one who eats such a copious amount of oatmeal lol?)

L: sweet potato chickpea soup with collards and celery; two toasts with tomato paste; fresh pineapple

D: raw bok choy (white and leafy parts), yellow bell pepper, raw mushrooms, sprouts with Amy's Goddess dressing; lots of popcorn sprayed with Braggs liquid aminos; soymilk to drink

And this morning I just polished off two vegan donuts I made late last night and an orange. I made this recipe but used a combination of sorghum flour and oat flour and added pumpkin spice:http://carolyncreates.com/chia-seed-doughnuts/
Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3053 Old 10-24-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Greg and I went out to eat on Thursday (always a big deal for us because we so seldom eat out lol) but nothing fancy. We went to a hospital cafeteria to eat out. Before you laugh, this is the cafeteria I did some vegan advocacy with a year or so ago by donating a vegan institutional cookbook to the director of nutrition services. I also wrote him a letter. I work at this particular medical complex. At any rate, he called me some time later and told me he was incorporating some of the vegan recipes from the book to their menu. So I thought i would check things out. I was pleasantly surprised that there were far more options there than years ago when I went there to eat. The only cooked menu item the night we went that was vegan was a butternut squash soup but instead of that I had:

bagel with hummus (their bagels had the nutrition label on them and were vegan!)
garden salad with beets and beet juice instead of the oil dressings they had available
fresh cantaloupe
cherry pie larabar

They also had some vegan friendly cereals and other fresh fruits, and stuff like orange juice and packaged nuts. It wasn't a huge selection but compared to having almost nothing but salad and a random fruit before, I think it is a great improvement!

Yesterday:

B: oatmeal, cinnamon/stevia and a banana (my bowls of oatmeal by the way are two cups cooked oatmeal...am I the only one who eats such a copious amount of oatmeal lol?)

L: sweet potato chickpea soup with collards and celery; two toasts with tomato paste; fresh pineapple

D: raw bok choy (white and leafy parts), yellow bell pepper, raw mushrooms, sprouts with Amy's Goddess dressing; lots of popcorn sprayed with Braggs liquid aminos; soymilk to drink

And this morning I just polished off two vegan donuts I made late last night and an orange. I made this recipe but used a combination of sorghum flour and oat flour and added pumpkin spice:http://carolyncreates.com/chia-seed-doughnuts/
I like eating big servings of oatmeal too.I just bought a bag of oatmeal yesterday so I litterally just finished a bowl of oatmeal with a dash of salt, a bit of vanilla, and a banana, blueberries and sliced strawberries in it. I cooked a cup (uncooked) so cooked it was probably about 2 cups.
Purp and Naturebound like this.
#3054 Old 10-24-2015, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post

fresh cantaloupe
cherry pie larabar

Yesterday:

That's so awesome! It always baffles me when hospitals, of all places, have no vegan options. When I had my son, I ate little besides baked beans and jacket potatoes the whole time!
Purp likes this.
#3055 Old 10-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Your food is always my favourite on this thread. Seriously!
Thanks! I always feel like I eat very simple and a lot of the same things throughout the week compared to all the food creative people here (although I'm fine with it).
Purp and no whey jose like this.

#3056 Old 10-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
coffee with soya milk

a banana

bean cassoulet with spinach

soya cafe latte

stir fried pepper, carrots, green beans, courgette, broccoli, leek, and cabbage in satay sauce with coconut, chili, and lemongrass rice
How did you do the bean cassoulet? Recipe?

#3057 Old 10-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Almond chocolate milk
Snack: Refried pinto beans on whole wheat tortilla folded in half.
Lunch: Roasted potatoes, green beans, and vegan chick'n breast in tomato sauce.
Snack: Same as morning snack
Dinner: Rice with kidney beans and cabbage
Snack: Chestnuts

Last edited by jessandreia; 10-24-2015 at 06:13 PM.
#3058 Old 10-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Beginner

B: 2 corn tostada shells with medium salsa, orange
S: honeycrisp apple
L: whole grain pasta with frozen stir fry veggies, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic
S: trail mix
D: 2 veggie patties on bun with ketchup and hot mustard, baby carrots, coke zero

A little light on protein today. I might have a nice cup of soy milk tonight.
#3059 Old 10-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
That's so awesome! It always baffles me when hospitals, of all places, have no vegan options. When I had my son, I ate little besides baked beans and jacket potatoes the whole time!
Wow, that's a bummer! What sparked me to do some advocacy with that particular hospital was that my Mom was there a few months previously for an attack of severe diverticulitis. At the time she was eating all gluten free and vegan and on top of that could not have nuts/seeds due to her condition. As it was the hospital had very few vegan options, and I think they fed her plain baked potatoes and plain cooked vegetables, maybe some plain oatmeal. That's about it lol. When people are in the hospital recovering from illness or birth or whatever, they need a steady supply of nutritious food to help them recover. And hospitals should know that people have allergies and religious preferences as far as food too! I pointed that out in the letter (in a nice way lol). I mentioned my Mom's experience and her struggles, and how I brought her food from the outside often to tide her over due to lack of options there. I really didn't expect a response and it took a while to get one, but that director was so awesome! He was genuinely interested. He even said he personally loves tofu dishes but didn't think the clientele would go for it much so he wasn't including them yet.
For anyone interested, this is the book I donated to them:
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Volume-Q.../dp/0931411211
Purp and LedBoots like this.

#3060 Old 10-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
How did you do the bean cassoulet? Recipe?
It's very simple. Do you have a can opener?
http://www.alternativestores.com/veg...400g?limit=100

My day so far:

tea with oat milk

fruit snacks

pizza-flavoured tofu fillets and butternut squash 'spaghetti' with pesto

pita with piri piri hummus

tea with soya milk

tea biscuits

vegetable samosas and spring rolls in tomato sauce with coconut milk, coriander, and shallot
Purp likes this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-25-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page