What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 101 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#3001 Old 10-18-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gingham View Post
Is it a money issue that is making you so hesitant to eat it is it just that the depression is sapping your energy? You really should be eating a variety of foods to avoid making yourself sick.

I have depression also and when it's bad I know I don't want to make any effort either.

How about oatmeal? It's super cheap and you can cook it in the microwave with water or almond milk. Just add some maple syrup or banana or peanut butter or raisins or nuts or anything else you like. Buy the old fashioned rolled oats so you don't have to worry about ingredients...It's just oats!

Then you might have an Amy's soup for lunch with some salad or a baked potato. Potatoes are also really cheap, easy to prepare and full of nutrients. Just scrub it, poke it with a fork a few times and microwave for 6-10 minutes depending on the size.

For dinner you could have a peanut butter sandwich and an apple, or cook rice and stir in some black beans and jarred salsa, or microwave a bag of frozen stirfry veggies and serve that over your rice with soy sauce. I've also been known to eat chickpeas or corn or green beans straight from the can if I'm really blue. Just try to eat several different easy things instead of the same thing over and over.
thanks a lot! no not so much money, just fact that i dont find lot of these foods desireable/appetizing/good tasting, and i pretty much have lived off of pizza/burgers/chinese food/etc, so i get to the point where i dont want to eat animal products, but i hate eating bananas and stuff...so i just eat a few peanuts and chips and feel like crap all day lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3002 Old 10-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadrielle View Post
oh my lawdy, that sounds so good. I never considered vegan sausages for beans and weenies. I must be secretly english, because that sounds like a perfect breakfast.
It was so good! Pretty, too:

I couldn't eat my chips because someone played that trick on me where you unscrew the top to the pepper shaker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepHaPenny View Post
Ooh how do you make vegan scones!?
Sorry, I didn't make them! It was at a fancy hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin View Post
i just go to walmart...never heard of aldi before...are there any canned soups that are vegan that i can eat like 3 cans a day for breakfast lunch and dinner and then just eat my chips and root beer when i get hungry in betwen?

You can't survive on nothing but canned soup, chips, and soda!
#3003 Old 10-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Glass of almond chocolate milk, and tofu scramble wrap.
Lunch: Herb roasted potatoes. Snap peas and oyster mushrooms.
Snack: Banana
Snack: Veggie burger (just gardein beefless burger, lettuce, and ketchup on hamburger bread)
Dinner: Pasta with kidney beans and cabbage
Snack: Chestnuts

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3004 Old 10-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
thanks a lot! no not so much money, just fact that i dont find lot of these foods desireable/appetizing/good tasting, and i pretty much have lived off of pizza/burgers/chinese food/etc, so i get to the point where i dont want to eat animal products, but i hate eating bananas and stuff...so i just eat a few peanuts and chips and feel like crap all day lol.
You have to train your taste buds to adapt to a bigger variety of foods. The only way you can do that is by eating those foods.
You'll get sick eating like that.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3005 Old 10-19-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
You have to train your taste buds to adapt to a bigger variety of foods. The only way you can do that is by eating those foods.
You'll get sick eating like that.
right on, ya this morning i will start the day with fruit smoothy (almond milk+frozen berry medley)

then prolly an amy soup for lunch and pb bagel

and maybe 2 packets of oatmeal + almond milk for dinner...........and chips and soda when in between when i get hungry :P

does that sound ok?

where did you guys get those vegan sausages??? whats the name of the brand and model? i used to be a huge sausage guy....can those vegan sausages be microwaved like brats/hot dogs? if so i will be all set lol

i can see it now...find some vegan hotdog buns, get my vegan sausage, soak it in my vegan italian dressing <3

btw can anyone recommend me a frozen fruit blend that doens't have seeds? this berry medley was yummy but the seeds made it very annoying.

otherwise thinking of going for this blend, its pre sliced and only has strawberries with mango, peaches, ....would this be good u think?

also im going through silk almond milk a lot quicker than i would like but i can see that walmart makes a cheaper generic almond milk that is also vanilla flavored
Sadrielle likes this.

Last edited by Gamin; 10-19-2015 at 05:39 AM.
#3006 Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 AM

B: Cashews
L: (will be) Water, chick'n patty sandwich (chick'n patty, cabbage mix, hummus, pickles, tomato, onion, oregano, and pepper), carrot sticks, remainder of pickle

Went grocery shopping last night and got falafel and toubeleh mix, plus some veggies for sandwiches and veggie chili for lazy days.
#3007 Old 10-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

@Gamin I'm in the UK so I don't think you can find the same brand of sausages that I buy, but Field Roast makes delicious vegan sausages in the USA. Do you have a Whole Foods or health food store nearby? Are there any vegetables you like to eat? Sweet potato fries, roasted carrots maybe? How about adding veggies and tofu to your lettuce?

My day so far:

coffee with soya milk

soya cafe latte

posh dog (vegan sausages and grilled onions with mustard and mayo on tasca bread) with mixed greens and coleslaw

potato, cauliflower, and spinach pie with baby leaf greens and carrot sticks

tofu and green pepper in black bean sauce with coconut rice

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-20-2015 at 04:09 AM.
#3008 Old 10-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
@Gamin I'm in the UK so I don't think you can find the same brand of sausages that I buy, but Field Roast makes delicious vegan sausages in the USA. Do you have a Whole Foods or health food store nearby? Are there any vegetables you like to eat? Sweet potato fries, roasted carrots maybe? How about adding veggies and tofu to your lettuce?
Gamin, why not try one new fruit or vegetable per week? You might be surprised at what you like and if you have questions about what to do with it people here will be well able to help you. Maybe buy a bag of baby carrots today? They are pre-washed and pre-peeled so very little effort.

And most berry blends ARE A pretty seedy. I like them but that's me. The one you posted looks like a good one to try.

Quote:
...posh dog (vegan sausages and grilled onions with mustard and mayo on tasca bread) with mixed greens and coleslaw

potato, cauliflower, and spinach pie with baby leaf greens and carrot sticks
YUM!!
#3009 Old 10-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Gamin, why not try one new fruit or vegetable per week? You might be surprised at what you like and if you have questions about what to do with it people here will be well able to help you. Maybe buy a bag of baby carrots today? They are pre-washed and pre-peeled so very little effort.

And most berry blends ARE A pretty seedy. I like them but that's me. The one you posted looks like a good one to try.

YUM!!
yeah i was thinking of getting some baby carrots today and some amy soup. also i saw online how to make a baked potatoe in the microwave, so i may go buy 1 potatoe LOL

just got back from walmart and got some amy chili, thomas bagles (are all the cool vegan foods named after people lol?) and 1 potato lol. the bagles are big, 1 bagle alone is 260 cals + penut butter should be nice and filling. planning to bake potatoe in microwave and heat chili in microwave and have baked potato with chili on top for dinner. and.......CHIPS AND ROOT BEER IN BETWEEN lolol and maybe also dip chips in chili, or maybe put chili in bagle and make a sammich - OMG ENDLESS POSIBILITIES WITH AMY CHILI!!

also i found some frozen mangos :O i love mangos, now i can have mango shakes

btw just made the chili and baked potato...potato was very messy, and i burnt and cut myself several times trying to eat it...it was an interesting experience though i prolly wont do anymore baked potatos, which is why im glad i only bought 1.

as for the amy chilli - TenouttaTEN!! very yummy!!
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

Last edited by Gamin; 10-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.
#3010 Old 10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
the ever sleepy

I'm glad you like the Amy products. Even when I was eating meat, I really, really liked Amy's frozen dinners. That is certainly my favorite brand of choice.

I know you don't have a blender yet, but if you DO get a blender, a really, ridiculously easy way to get a sweet plant based milk is to blend 1 banana with 1 cup of cold water, and for half of the banana to be frozen at the time of blending so that the milk stays cold. It gives water a thickness and a skim milky taste while imparting a banana's sweetness. Considering that Almond/Soy/Coconut milk is typically 3.5 bucks (4.5 here in Canada) per 8 cups, it's much cheaper, since banana's are like, what, 19 cents per banana in the states?

B - Kellog corn flakes mixed with All-bran with banana milk

L - Something with beans, most likely. Toast or rice, I haven't decided.

D - MOAR OATMEAL

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.

Last edited by Sadrielle; 10-19-2015 at 10:58 AM.
#3011 Old 10-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Beginner

Wow 3.50 for soy and almond milk? I pay 2.19 for organic soy at aldi and almond is 2.29. One more reason to love aldi.

B: bean tostada with lettuce tomato avocado and hot sauce.
L: (Panera) soba noodle bowl with edamame, everything bagel, apple
S: baby carrots and hummus
D: stir fry veggies with whole grain pasta, glass of vanilla soy milk

And in the spirit of, ahem, using things up, I may make a batch of brownies tonight. Don't want to move all that cocoa powder. ;-)
no whey jose likes this.
#3012 Old 10-19-2015, 12:08 PM
the ever sleepy

Quote:
Wow 3.50 for soy and almond milk? I pay 2.19 for organic soy at aldi and almond is 2.29. One more reason to love aldi.
The woes of living in certain places where the price of living is higher! But I have seen almond / soy milk around that price as well, before. Here in Canada everything is more expensive comparatively, even considering conversion of US monies to CAD.

#3013 Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 PM

hey remember the otherday when i said i was having trouble doing freelees 10-20 bananas a day? i just got an awesome idea!! what if i took 20 bananas, sliced them up and put them in the blender with almond milk, and just make a giant smoothy to sip on all day - and then for dinner have the amy chilly+bagel+otherstuff

actually nvm - just tried it with 3 bananas and it was kinda gross....too much banananaa

though i do like having 1 banana in my blender cus i like how it mixes and adds a good flavor and texture to the smoothy...i dont like the berry blends cus the seeds, so i may just go banana+mango+almond milk smoothys here on out.

Last edited by Gamin; 10-19-2015 at 01:18 PM.
#3014 Old 10-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't feel like you have to follow Freelee's way of eating.
no whey jose likes this.

#3015 Old 10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
the ever sleepy

Quote:
hey remember the otherday when i said i was having trouble doing freelees 10-20 bananas a day? i just got an awesome idea!! what if i took 20 bananas, sliced them up and put them in the blender with almond milk, and just make a giant smoothy to sip on all day - and then for dinner have the amy chilly+bagel+otherstuff

actually nvm - just tried it with 3 bananas and it was kinda gross....too much banananaa

though i do like having 1 banana in my blender cus i like how it mixes and adds a good flavor and texture to the smoothy...i dont like the berry blends cus the seeds, so i may just go banana+mango+almond milk smoothys here on out.
Ahaha! 1 banana is good enough. Honestly, I think anymore than 3 bananas a day is wasteful, unless you're relying on bananas as THE calorie source for yourself.

Try 2 bananas and a zucchini next time, or just any leafy green. Maybe the bitterness of the greens will cut down on the sweetness from the banana?
no whey jose likes this.

#3016 Old 10-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Beginner

Talking

Honestly I think the only way I'd try to eat 20 bananas in a day is if I were trying to win a bet.
no whey jose likes this.
#3017 Old 10-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
yeah i was thinking of getting some baby carrots today and some amy soup. also i saw online how to make a baked potatoe in the microwave, so i may go buy 1 potatoe LOL

just got back from walmart and got some amy chili, thomas bagles (are all the cool vegan foods named after people lol?) and 1 potato lol. the bagles are big, 1 bagle alone is 260 cals + penut butter should be nice and filling. planning to bake potatoe in microwave and heat chili in microwave and have baked potato with chili on top for dinner. and.......CHIPS AND ROOT BEER IN BETWEEN lolol and maybe also dip chips in chili, or maybe put chili in bagle and make a sammich - OMG ENDLESS POSIBILITIES WITH AMY CHILI!!

also i found some frozen mangos :O i love mangos, now i can have mango shakes

btw just made the chili and baked potato...potato was very messy, and i burnt and cut myself several times trying to eat it...it was an interesting experience though i prolly wont do anymore baked potatos, which is why im glad i only bought 1.

as for the amy chilli - TenouttaTEN!! very yummy!!
Do you have an oven? It's very easy to bake a potato in the oven. You don't even need a baking tray or foil! Just rub a bit of oil onto a whole potato and place it directly onto the oven rack for about an hour. Be sure to remove it with tongs so you don't burn yourself! As you know by now, potatoes get very hot! I can't tell you how many times I've burned my tongue because I was too impatient to wait for a potato to cool.

You really don't need to eat 20 bananas a day! One or two is enough if you're in the mood for bananas.

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-19-2015 at 06:48 PM.
#3018 Old 10-20-2015, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

nut muesli with soya milk and a banana

carrot sticks with red pepper hummus

soya cafe latte

dried tropical fruit mix

bean chili pie with baby leaf greens

dark chocolate with lime and sea salt

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-20-2015 at 10:37 AM.
#3019 Old 10-20-2015, 04:58 AM

i dont think i can do this anymore, i feel so sick its ridiculous! also reading online about how being vegan/vegetarian is even worse for IBS because all the fiber and acid from the fruits and vegetables is one of the worst things you can do. and people who are usually vegan may be "thiner" but they are skinny fat where they are thin but have no muscle definition so it all just kinda droops like loose skin under their clothes. honestly at this point i think we should just let pollute the world and let the ozone kill all the humans and let nature and evolution take charge, because there is no way everyone in the world will go 100% vegan to a point where we will actually save animals and chances are we will blow ourselves up through nuclear war or chemical toxicity far before that anyways, i thinks its best the entire planet gets destroyed asap, and considering there is no god we should all just kill ourselves. im so pissed off i very well may just go in the garage and end it all today.
#3020 Old 10-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Beginner

Please don't kill yourself. It can always get better. I'm on my phone so can't post much but please at least don't do anything drastic today. Believe you are precious, at least as precious as the animals you want to save.

Also there are many many vegan athletes. Vegans can be healthy or unhealthy just like anybody else. Can you link the information you're reading?
#3021 Old 10-20-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Please don't kill yourself. It can always get better. I'm on my phone so can't post much but please at least don't do anything drastic today. Believe you are precious, at least as precious as the animals you want to save.

Also there are many many vegan athletes. Vegans can be healthy or unhealthy just like anybody else. Can you link the information you're reading?
right on, sorry i freaked out - i just been feeling so sick. tbh activia yogurt is literally the only thing that helps with my IBS...so i am thinking maybe i will go vegetarian instead of full on vegan.

like i will have 2 activia yogurts a day, and then just eat oatmeal+almond milk, amy chilly, bagel+pb, chips, rootbeer and i got some frozen mango ill try making a smoothy...tbh i feel like the bananas were making me get upset stomach and tbh bananas have always made me wanna puke all my life...and when i tried eating 10 the other day that really made me feel sick.
Sadrielle likes this.
#3022 Old 10-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Bananas are my favourite fruit and I think I'd puke if I tried to eat 10 in a day.
Keep coming to this thread for meal ideas and try a few of them throughout the week. If you keep eating the exact same foods every day, you will get seriously sick of them at some point. Also, I suggest cutting down the amount of chips and root beer. Having those every day can't be healthy.

#3023 Old 10-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Beginner

B: everything bagel, orange
L: oatmeal with tranquility trail mix stirred in (seriously wonderful: raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, and dark chocolate), pear
D: (planned) black bean chili with lime, romaine tomato salad with avocado oil vinaigrette, corn muffins
#3024 Old 10-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
B: everything bagel, orange
L: oatmeal with tranquility trail mix stirred in (seriously wonderful: raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, and dark chocolate), pear
D: (planned) black bean chili with lime, romaine tomato salad with avocado oil vinaigrette, corn muffins
That all sounds fantastic.
Blue Gingham likes this.
#3025 Old 10-20-2015, 11:00 AM
the ever sleepy

Hey gamin, don't feel so bad. Even if you were to just cut one source of animal product out of your life, you would be doing a good thing for this Earth. That can be beef, that can be pork, that can be fish. Life changes are best taken at a slow pace, and I think a majority of people who stick to vegan/ vegetarian for a lifetime have done so through small changes in their life that have lead them up to the decisions they make now.

Ignore Freelee or any type of raw fooder youtuber. She's got her way of eating figured out, great for her, but everyone has different needs and interests. Add your yogurt back in. Are you taking any vitamins currently?

Admittedly, replying back to your posts is somewhat frustrating, because I wish I could just simply cook for you and mama hen you bit.

b - corn flakes and all bran with banana milk

l - probably... sweet potato vermicelli (got some from the asian mart the other day, excited to try them out!) in some vegetable based pho

d - tortilla soup. yum yum yum.

s - my banana bread a made a week ago, which is now a bit stale

#3026 Old 10-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

B - Weetabix-style cereal with almonds, pumpkin seeds, sliced banana, raisins and Koko milk.
S - 2 homemade raw balls
L - Leftover enchilada casserole
S - Crackers, olives, gherkins
D - Super spicy sweetcorn chowder with corn tortilla chips; leftover orange spiced bread pudding with Alpro custard

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3027 Old 10-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Nothing to eat yet today except some unsalted Brazil nuts, so I guess that counts.... LOL ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
#3028 Old 10-21-2015, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

almonds

a banana

cucumber slices and carrot sticks with red pepper hummus

crackers with cashew butter and peanut butter

vegetable rougan with coconut rice

beer

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-21-2015 at 10:45 AM.
#3029 Old 10-21-2015, 09:12 AM

For breakfast I had a quarter-cup of cashews
Now I am eating a big bowl of vegan Qdoba.
#3030 Old 10-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Beginner

B: oatmeal with soy milk and tranquility trail mix stirred in, orange
S: rice crackers with natural peanut butter
L: black bean chili, pear
D: (planned) whole grain pasta stir fried with a bunch of veggies, sesame oil, and soy sauce

I saw some lovely asparagus at the store and resisted, telling myself it's crazy to buy too much fresh produce when we're still trying to eat up our stores before we move, but I think I might cave in and buy some to toss in the stir-fry. I love asparagus.
no whey jose likes this.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page