What did you eat vegan today? (Version 2.0) - Page 100 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1952Likes

#2971 Old 10-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

B: chickpea flour omelet with cumin, black pepper, spinach, and black bean salsa

MS: mashed pumpkin, banana, molasses in a bowl

L: garden salad with chickpeas, red pepper, cucumber, sprouts, tahini lemon dressing; warmed pita bread, almond milk

D: Homemade cream of wild rice soup with diced potatoes, mushrooms, celery, onion, and a rice flour roux; homemade warmed bread with peanut butter; flaxseed milk
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2972 Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 PM

B: Coffee w/ coconut milk, Oatmeal with banana, strawberries, cinnamon and flax seed

L: Chickpeas, brown rice, spinach, onions, garlic w/ mustard and capers sauce

S: Banana, coffee w/ coconut milk

D: Pad Thai - Sauce was PB, soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, rice vinegar, water and sriracha. I had it with rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, red pepper, green onions and tofu.
#2973 Old 10-15-2015, 09:48 PM
the ever sleepy

B: Sweet potato mixed with all bran cereal with a bit of brown sugar and pumpkin spice

L: Self made burger patty from red kidney beans and oats, had on top of an ezekial bread slice with my left over morning sweet potato smeared to create a creamy paste for the burger patty to stick to. Had chopped cucumber with balsamic vinegar with it

D: 1 russet potato baked into french fries, 1 roasted cob of corn, and a bowl of cereal with coconut milk and half an apple after for dessert.

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2974 Old 10-16-2015, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

almonds

strawberry banana smoothie

couscous with chickpeas, vegetables, and dried fruit

champagne

various small sandwiches with vegetables and savoury spreads, scones with strawberry jam, and little cakes

rose wine
Naturebound and Sadrielle like this.

Last edited by no whey jose; 10-16-2015 at 01:27 PM.
#2975 Old 10-16-2015, 07:13 AM

B: Two instant oatmeal packs (apple flavored), Tea

S: Pita Chips, Tea

L: Boca Chicken patty cut into nuggets, seasoned veggies

D: Tofu in buffalo sauce and my first attempt at a vegan ranch dip, tater tots, soda
Sadrielle likes this.

Last edited by GinaJuice; 10-17-2015 at 04:40 AM.
#2976 Old 10-16-2015, 01:16 PM

B: dried mango

S: celery and hummus

L: veggie soup (potato, peas, carrot, celery, onion, garlic) & green tea

D: quinoa pasta + tomato sauce, baked sweet potatoes, romaine lettuce salad
Sadrielle likes this.
#2977 Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Oryzatarian

D: Split pea gumbo with purple potatoes, live culture chili paste, and radish root n greens salad
I had planned to make something else but a sale on celery made me crave gumbo, hence the peas. Pea gumbo works

S: Brown rice with lentils and steamed chinese broccoli (kai lan), with live culture chili brine sauce (a byproduct from the paste which is an interesting soy sauce alternative)
LedBoots and Sadrielle like this.
#2978 Old 10-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
A wrap from Heather's Restaurant in Bay City, Michigan (absolutely the ONLY take-out/restaurant food I'll ever get) ---- Roasted red pepper, avocado, spinach, tomato, red onion, portabella mushroom, and their housemade (vegan) red pepper almond mayo, with a side of Heather's House potato (also vegan & to die for!).... NUMMERS! =)

https://www.facebook.com/HeathersRestaurant
Linky likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~ MadamSarcastra
#2979 Old 10-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Son of Jupiter

Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
Well today was kind of rough. I wanted to try this whole "Raw till 4" Vegan diet thing my friend is always talking about....yea, Idk how much fruit or Veggies one needs to eat while doing said diet but I felt like trash. It wasn't until I ate some rice and potatoes that I felt good, but w/e, the diet isn't for me.

More importantly, I've a date tonight and I thought cooking for her would be freaking awesome, right? Only problem is the Vegan chirizo sausage I had planned on making with some homemade pasta sauce is now a mushy mess of spicy stuff. How in the world do I cook it so it keeps it's shape? Bah still, hopefully she likes the dish.

The dish itself has (or had) a whole Vegan chirizo sausage with homemade pasta sauce (the most fancy thing I can cook) with grilled onions and red sweet peppers. I made some rice and potatoes with it.

Time for date number 2!

Life sucks without laughter so do that more often.
#2980 Old 10-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

@Linky --the only vegan chorizo I've had is Trader Joes soy chorizo and it's like flakes of tasty, stuff, stuffed in a plastic sleeve. It's actually the only 'chorizo' I know. What kind did you get, and was it like that--like taco meat after you take it out? I love it for tacos!

I had oatmeal with pumpkin spice and raisins and coffee
For lunch I had the lentil kofta I made a pot of last night. On oatnut bread with just mayo and chopped onions. A pickle and some grapes.
White tea

Dinner was take out Indian from a vegetarian only Indian place. I got eggplant rice that was delicious! I only like take out food that I can't do myself, and this was worthy!
Camomile and ginger tea
Sadrielle likes this.
#2981 Old 10-16-2015, 05:33 PM

B: Coffee w/ coconut milk, Smoothie - Bananas, strawberries, spinach, flax seeds

L: Pad Thai - Sauce was PB, soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, rice vinegar, water and sriracha. I had it with rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, red pepper, green onions and tofu.

S: Coffee w/ coconut milk

D: Bean Burrito - black beans, onion, spinach, jalapeño, spices, lime juice, tomatoes, avocado, whole wheat tortilla

S: Dark chocolate
Sadrielle likes this.
#2982 Old 10-16-2015, 05:50 PM
the ever sleepy

B - Oatmeal /w cinnamon

L - Bean chili, very simple vegetable stock from onions, celery, and carrots, used chickpeas black peas and kidney beans, and had a few chunks of zucchini at the end and a tbsp of sweet baby ray's BBQ for a sweet kick

S - 1 Banana ice cream with tsp of hershey powder sprinkled over top

D: Potato chowder, made the cream from a puree of half a russet potato and carrots, re-added it to the other half of the russet potato, added in scraped corn off a fresh ear of corn, broccoli florets, onion, celery, bell pepper, the works. Added a tbsp of chardonnay for oomph.

I might have more banana ice cream tonight or more oatmeal for dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linky View Post
Well today was kind of rough. I wanted to try this whole "Raw till 4" Vegan diet thing my friend is always talking about....yea, Idk how much fruit or Veggies one needs to eat while doing said diet but I felt like trash. It wasn't until I ate some rice and potatoes that I felt good, but w/e, the diet isn't for me.
I think the way Raw til 4 is intended, you need to do an athlete's level of exercise a day. Most poor girls I've watched on youtube that blog about their experience talk about how terrible their gut feels in trying to literally stuff their stomachs with the minimum 2500 calorie count.

Also, I have the vegan chorizo bible.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/02/h...n-chorizo.html

This is an INCREDIBLY in depth guide to how to craft your own vegan chorizo; I've always loved the very experimental / scientific way that the editors of Serious Eats take their cooking craft.

Last edited by Sadrielle; 10-16-2015 at 06:10 PM.
#2983 Old 10-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Today was my birthday celebration!

coffee with soya milk

nut muesli with soya milk

soya cafe latte

vegan cheese straw

some kind of soup with a baguette

vegan bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with coleslaw and greens

raw berry cheesecake

prosecco
#2984 Old 10-17-2015, 02:01 PM

taifun basilic tofu

five cookies

and a whole tablet of Ichoc rice milk chocolate bar (the Cookies one)
#2985 Old 10-17-2015, 03:40 PM

b: brownies
l: chick'n patty with tomato soup
#2986 Old 10-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday -

B - Coffee and a couple of homemade coconut ring biscuits
L - Pasta in a sauce made up of lots of leftovers - some tomato sauce, pesto, finely chopped spinach, olives and nooch. With green beans.
S - Carrot with houmous
D - Bagel with vegan sausage, homemade red cabbage coleslaw and spiced potato wedges. Beer for pudding at the Oxjam gig

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#2987 Old 10-18-2015, 04:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Feeling a little under the weather with nausea (pushing myself way too hard at work and working too many hours I guess) so I had a bland bit of food yesterday:

oatmeal and cooked apple

Two plain Ezekiel toasts, orange, and soy milk

Steamed potato, chickpeas, cooked carrot, onion, and a little organic catsup over rice (which turned out to be too rich for my tummy...ugh).

#2988 Old 10-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

coffee with soya milk

fruit smoothie

vegan sausages, baked beans, roasted tomato and tofu, toast with vegan butter

chocolate peanut butter cupcake
Sadrielle likes this.
#2989 Old 10-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Feeling a little under the weather with nausea (pushing myself way too hard at work and working too many hours I guess) so I had a bland bit of food yesterday:

oatmeal and cooked apple

Two plain Ezekiel toasts, orange, and soy milk

Steamed potato, chickpeas, cooked carrot, onion, and a little organic catsup over rice (which turned out to be too rich for my tummy...ugh).
Some ginger tea? I had a twisted tummy yesterday and steeped some thinly sliced ginger with camomile tea. Felt better right off!
#2990 Old 10-18-2015, 08:41 AM

i think from someone else's point of view, my vegan conversion would make a good comedy. today i got some lettuce and italian dressing and put the lettuce (its a blend of different lettuces) and put some italian dressing in it....was so hungry that at the end i ended up making like a soup with the italian dressing and just let my lettuce soak in it like it was cereal in milk... im so hungry maybe next time ill get some tomatoes to add.i like tomatoes.
#2991 Old 10-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin View Post
i think from someone else's point of view, my vegan conversion would make a good comedy. today i got some lettuce and italian dressing and put the lettuce (its a blend of different lettuces) and put some italian dressing in it....was so hungry that at the end i ended up making like a soup with the italian dressing and just let my lettuce soak in it like it was cereal in milk... im so hungry maybe next time ill get some tomatoes to add.i like tomatoes.
Tomatoes, avocado, maybe some olives or artichokes in oil and some chickpeas would fill you up and be tasty

Today:
B - Cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and sliced banana
L - Noodles with stirfried red onion, broccoli, yellow pepper, spinach and sesame seeds in hoisin sauce
S - Beetroot, celery, guacamole and a few tortilla chips at a buffet
D - Two wholemeal pitta, toasted, stuffed with hot-sauce tempeh, spinach, tomato, red cabbage and vegan mayo. A handful of dark chocolate chips and a spoonful of peanut butter for dessert.

Post-marathon I'm struggling with my appetite! Need to invest in a headtorch so I can keep running in the dark.

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#2992 Old 10-18-2015, 11:48 AM
the ever sleepy

Quote:
Awww, sweetheart, go get yourself some cheap filling rice and beans! I'd feel hungry on just lettuce and italian dressing, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
vegan sausages, baked beans, roasted tomato and tofu, toast with vegan butter...
oh my lawdy, that sounds so good. I never considered vegan sausages for beans and weenies. I must be secretly english, because that sounds like a perfect breakfast.

B - tacos, with a filling of diced potato, corn off the cob, rice, red kidney beans, and minced onion, green pepper and garlic. nom, nom, nom.

L - probably a bean / sweet potato chili

D - oatmeal if I don't decide I want cornflakes for dinner instead.
no whey jose likes this.

#2993 Old 10-18-2015, 12:56 PM

B: Chicken patty w/ hot sauce
L: Chips, Hummus sandwich, and carrot sticks

...I am running low on food right now. Plan on restoring some of the pantry tonight.

D: I ended up going to Qdoba and veganizing a burrito bowl. SO. GOOD.

Last edited by GinaJuice; 10-19-2015 at 05:47 AM. Reason: To add food.
#2994 Old 10-18-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
coffee with soya milk

almonds

strawberry banana smoothie

couscous with chickpeas, vegetables, and dried fruit

champagne

various small sandwiches with vegetables and savoury spreads, scones with strawberry jam, and little cakes

rose wine
Ooh how do you make vegan scones!?
no whey jose likes this.
#2995 Old 10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuice View Post
...I am running low on food right now. Plan on restoring some of the pantry tonight.
I hear you. We're moving so I'm trying not to shop but it's reached the point I have to give in and buy a little.

B: bean tostada with lettuce and hot sauce
L: (restaurant) tofu stir fry with green peppers, onions, garlic, jalapenos, mushrooms, bean sprouts, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.
D: romaine salad with avocado oil vinaigrette, sourdough bread
S: popcorn
#2996 Old 10-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Canned beans are less than $1.00. Garbanzo, kidney, canneli, whatever you like. Drain and rinse well. Add to salads, soup, just season and eat if you like. The spicy chili beans are great over rice, you can add sauteed onions and peppers.

Soup--get some broth, or tomato juice. Heat up and add mixed frozen veggies (the corn, peas, carrots and some have lima beans) Add a can of rinsed beans, or maybe you some leftover. If you can find bulgar (cracked wheat) you can add about 1/4 cup of it and when every thing comes to a simmer, let simmer like 10 min. Done.

What kind of store do you rely on? Have an Aldi?
#2997 Old 10-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Some ginger tea? I had a twisted tummy yesterday and steeped some thinly sliced ginger with camomile tea. Felt better right off!
I am sipping ginger tea right now.

#2998 Old 10-18-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Canned beans are less than $1.00. Garbanzo, kidney, canneli, whatever you like. Drain and rinse well. Add to salads, soup, just season and eat if you like. The spicy chili beans are great over rice, you can add sauteed onions and peppers.

Soup--get some broth, or tomato juice. Heat up and add mixed frozen veggies (the corn, peas, carrots and some have lima beans) Add a can of rinsed beans, or maybe you some leftover. If you can find bulgar (cracked wheat) you can add about 1/4 cup of it and when every thing comes to a simmer, let simmer like 10 min. Done.

What kind of store do you rely on? Have an Aldi?
i just go to walmart...never heard of aldi before...are there any canned soups that are vegan that i can eat like 3 cans a day for breakfast lunch and dinner and then just eat my chips and root beer when i get hungry in betwen?

or can i just cook rice then microwave a can of kidney beans and put them in the rice?

i found on google that amy soup is considered the best, so i will get some of those.

Last edited by Gamin; 10-18-2015 at 04:46 PM.
#2999 Old 10-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Beginner

Is it a money issue that is making you so hesitant to eat it is it just that the depression is sapping your energy? You really should be eating a variety of foods to avoid making yourself sick.

I have depression also and when it's bad I know I don't want to make any effort either.

How about oatmeal? It's super cheap and you can cook it in the microwave with water or almond milk. Just add some maple syrup or banana or peanut butter or raisins or nuts or anything else you like. Buy the old fashioned rolled oats so you don't have to worry about ingredients...It's just oats!

Then you might have an Amy's soup for lunch with some salad or a baked potato. Potatoes are also really cheap, easy to prepare and full of nutrients. Just scrub it, poke it with a fork a few times and microwave for 6-10 minutes depending on the size.

For dinner you could have a peanut butter sandwich and an apple, or cook rice and stir in some black beans and jarred salsa, or microwave a bag of frozen stirfry veggies and serve that over your rice with soy sauce. I've also been known to eat chickpeas or corn or green beans straight from the can if I'm really blue. Just try to eat several different easy things instead of the same thing over and over.
#3000 Old 10-18-2015, 05:51 PM

B: Coffee w/ soy milk. Whole wheat wraps w/ avocado, tomatoes, arugula and dijon mustard.

S: Coconut rolled dates, young coconut water

L: Smoothie - Bananas, young coconut meat, spinach, ground flax seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon

S: Coffee w/ coconut milk

D: Baked tofu marinated in a BBQ curry sauce. Quinoa, spinach, broccoli and onions cooked in the same marinade.

Tags
ketogenic vegan , vegan advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page