YES! Vegan Laundry Detergent! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I got a sample size of "Vaska", a vegan laundry detergent in my conscious box (link at end). I tried it out and well, it worked fine smiley.gif

http://vaskahome.com/

The ingredients are pure and simple:

Plant based Surfactants (some people still claim concern with any surfactants), vegetable conditioner, water soluble degreasing agent, and water!! It's biodegradable!

The only thing that could make this organization better is if they used the leaping bunny logo or cruelty free&vegan logo. In their FAQ they claim they do not test on animals and their products are vegan, but I'd still like more promotion and "pride" in that fact.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it DOES NOT contain palm oil like some other brands of vegan detergents do like, Ecover, and Seventh Generation (they claim they source theirs sustainably.)

This is fairly pricey, but if you are like me and a bit lazy and not interested in making your own laundry detergents, it seems like Vaska would be a good bet.

If you have any other commercial vegan laundry detergents you use that DO NOT use palm ingredients, please do share!!

By the way: Conscious box is a monthly subscription for $19 bucks where you get a box full of interesting vegan goodies you have probably never heard of.

http://consciousbox.com/veganbox

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

how much stuff comes in the box every month? and is everything sample size?

#3 Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Mrs. Meyers doesn't have palm oil, that I can tell, and all their products are vegan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

how much stuff comes in the box every month? and is everything sample size?

there is like 10 or 11 items that come in the box, maybe more depending. Some products are trial size like shampoos, lotions, vegan dog food from v dog ( I will give it to my friend who has a dog xD). Others they give you packets of tea or a dark chocolate vegan bar (What I got in my last box). I also got a reusable bamboo towel.

In my honest opinion, it's a little meager for 19 bucks (the box is actually 12 bucks which seems more reasonable but the shipping jacks it up), but the stuff is interesting so it may be worth it to some. You get some really pretty postcards though that look beautiful if you hang them up in a column in a frame smiley.gif You may want to just try the conscious box. I think they allow you to do that. My parents got me a subscription for 3 months as a gift (you can also enter contests to win another box I think. Or if you have a special paper in your box that says you won another conscious box, then you'll get another.). ^_^ That will probably be it, because 20 bucks a month can be a bit pricey for something you don't really need.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

Mrs. Meyers doesn't have palm oil, that I can tell, and all their products are vegan.

Yay ^_^ I'll keep this one in mind!

#6 Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Method products, too, are all vegan, but some contain palm oil.  They say on their FAQ they are a member of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil?

#7 Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I use Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder. It's vegan and is made from coconuts (not palm). It's not available in stores but you can order it with free shipping from their website.

I've used this stuff for 4 years and I will never use another laundry detergent. It's also extremely versatile, and I don't know whether I could live without it.  :P

http://holothuroidea0.tumblr.com/

#8 Old 10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post

I use Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder. It's vegan and is made from coconuts (not palm). It's not available in stores but you can order it with free shipping from their website.

I've used this stuff for 4 years and I will never use another laundry detergent. It's also extremely versatile, and I don't know whether I could live without it.  :P

That's what I've used-for 3 years! It's very good, and I have it on amazons subscribe and save! I miss the old cotton bag it came in!

I have a box of Biokleen that I got on sale. It's labeled "no animal products, no animal testing" and has a sitting bunny. Neither has palm oil, the Biokleen has fruit extracts as scent, but I much prefer the Charlies soap. 

Charlies is also fair trade.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#9 Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Nellie's is vegan and AWESOME!

#10 Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Charlies is also fair trade.

ooh, nice.  i'll check it out.

edit:  looks like it is causing an allergic reaction in some people....

#11 Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder about that allergy. Charlies lists:

all natural washing soda, sodium silicate, and coconut oil based detergentss.

Isn't coconut the only different factor? I guess that's an allergy.

People have also posted it having "toxic" ingrediants, and as others have pointed out, it's all in dilution.

Anyone use Dr. Bronners for laundry?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page