Sick after eating dairy? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi vegans :) ! 
In a nutshell ( mmm nuts...)..

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go on the pill for PMS sorts of symptoms ( HATE the idea of it. I'm 27 and have resisted til now but ) because they've been horrific for years. The last few months though they've been improving. 'til this one. 
I'd said in my head that if it ever got really bad again, I'd try the pill just for a while. 

ANYWAY, just wondering whether any of you have accidentally eaten dairy ( say...in a really poorly labeled packet soup with the ingredients smudged out ..) , felt awful mentally but nothing really physically ( no lactose intolerance. It used to give me panic attacks, migraines and nausea but that was in large amounts I think ) ...until 1 day later? Is that possible? Could it be that the violent seasick feeling, inability to eat and pounding headache isn't down to TOTM but that...2 days ago? It sounds unlikely... but thought I'd query... 

Peace xx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi,

I have accidentally eaten milk in both ketchup and tomato soup (I'm newly vegan and still finding out all the unexpected places dairy and egg end up in!) I didn't have any reaction though. It does sound strange to have a reaction a few days later, especially if it was a very small amount - it sounds more like you may have a virus or something??

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with your cycle, that sounds awful! Its worth trying something to alleviate the symptoms - if this is the source of what you are experiencing, it needs dealing with. I'm lucky in never having bad pms so I can't tell if those are likely symptoms or not! Good luck with finding a solution x

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3 Old 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks so much! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Banned

I accidentally had some milk (in my starbucks they messed up my order grrrr) and i spent the next two hours throwing up :( gross.

#5 Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrivera View Post

I accidentally had some milk (in my starbucks they messed up my order grrrr) and i spent the next two hours throwing up :( gross.

Oh, yuck. Why did you vomit? Do you have a milk allergy?
#6 Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooo sorry to hear it! Did you respond that way to dairy before going vegan? D: 
x

#7 Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Hi Greenie, I would strongly suggest that you educate yourself in the long term side effects of the pill, and watch this clip too: http://www.thewellnesswarrior.com.au/2012/07/wellness-warrior-tv-interview-with-dr-sherrill-sellman/

PMS symptoms are due to an underlaying issue, which the pill only masks. It treats the symptoms, not the condition, you don't want artificial hormones in your system. I am telling you out of experience, you can not be on the pill forever, and when you stop the symptoms come back, many times with a vengeance.

"Cowardice asks the question 'Is it safe?', expediency asks the question 'Is it politic?', vanity asks the question 'Is it popular?'. But conscience asks the question 'Is it right?' and there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must...
#8 Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Thankyou ! And yes, the pill might be okay for some people but for countless reasons I know it wouldn't work well for me. 
:) 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page