Vegan Pizza Day is Saturday, June 30th! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of pizza are YOU having? tongue3.gif

I'm supporting my local vegan pizza place and getting their vegan seafood special. I used to hate seafood but it doesn't taste fishy at all and it's so good lick.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Hehe, looks good! There is no such thing as a vegan restaurant near me so I will make my own and top it with whatever I can find that will compliment my jar of artichokes...

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#3 Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

So glad vegan pizza day is coming up! For those in the US, my local Papa Johns has vegan crust and sauce, see if yours does.

I'm going to go to a local place owned by Crazy Anthony. He makes some heavenly garlicky pizza with whatever vegetables he has plus the usuals, roasting them on the pizza in his million degree oven. I don't like any fake cheese I've tried, but I don't miss it. I'm getting the extra large. grin.gif:thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM

it's vegan pizza day everyday in my flat, as long as there's one in the freezer.

#5 Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Impeach the gangster

Something with pineapple.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#6 Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Didn't we just have this a few months ago?

I mean, pretty much every day is vegan pizza day for me. I had a roasted veggie pizza at a local pizza place today. smiley.gif
#7 Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Yum! I've never had vegan pizza, but I want one!

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#8 Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Here's the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/399809530057273/

Anyone have any recipes for vegan pizzas on the grill/fire? That'll be my only way of cooking on Saturday! Or any raw pizza recipes will do too, but I might not have all the ingredients on hand. smiley.gif

And Vegan Essentials is selling a pizza day kit tongue3.gif
http://store.veganessentials.com/vegan-pizza-day-kit-p3675.aspx

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#9 Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I know how I'M gonna celebrate! A local vegan bakery that has vegan brunch every other Saturday is making Pesto Pizza, Breakfast Pizza, hash browns, and fruit salad. (Yep- ALL VEGAN! ...and unlike moi, the proprietors of this fine snarfing and scarfing establishment can cook.)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#10 Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I know how I'M gonna celebrate! A local vegan bakery that has vegan brunch every other Saturday is making Pesto Pizza, Breakfast Pizza, hash browns, and fruit salad. (Yep- ALL VEGAN! ...and unlike moi, the proprietors of this fine snarfing and scarfing establishment can cook.)

That sounds REALLY good. Pesto pizza used to be my favourite but I haven't had it in forever because nowhere around here has a vegan one premade. I never thought of it but I could totally make one homemade, thanks for the inspiration! grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#11 Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

I'm going to buy a tofurky pizza and celebrate at home with the fiance :)

the city will be way too packed this weekend!

#12 Old 06-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmmm.. May have to take a ride to Fort Myers and hit up Pizza Fusion to celebrate.

#13 Old 06-29-2012, 07:00 AM
The prowling wolf

In honor of this day I will make a pizza with hummus base, caramalized onions, smoked chipotle flakes and black olives :)

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#14 Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post

In honor of this day I will make a pizza with hummus base, caramalized onions, smoked chipotle flakes and black olives :)

What time should I be there?

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#15 Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Tomorrow eh? Usually a Mozzarella luva so it'll be a good opportunity to work out a tasty pizza without the dairy element. Got some bread dough frozen in the freezer ready, got marinated olives, got fresh tomatoes, got courgettes, got garlic, got red onions, got sun dried tomatoes in oil, got gherkins, got sweet peppers, got fresh marjoram, got smoked sea salt, got smoked paprika... I'm in!

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#16 Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

That sounds REALLY good. Pesto pizza used to be my favourite but I haven't had it in forever because nowhere around here has a vegan one premade. I never thought of it but I could totally make one homemade, thanks for the inspiration! grin.gif

Homemade pesto is a revelation, especially if you have herbs growing in some pots. Just whizz it up in the food processor, no fuss to prep. So easy to leave out the Parmesan too, which I do anyway as it's cheaper to make that way - just ensure your pesto is well seasoned so make up for the absence of salty cheese. So long as you keep it in the fridge and make sure you drizzle the top with a covering of oil it stays good in the fridge for ages. 

You can vary the nuts and herbs as you please. Walnut and Parsley, Sunflower Seed and Lemon zest, Almond and Tarragon, Cashew and Coriander, Hazelnut and Thyme - you name it. And of course if you want to try other oils than olive, you can choose what oil base you like too. I'm fancying trying hemp oil with pumpkin seeds and one of the woodier herbs like rosemary right now. 

Spread it on bread or toast, use it as a dip, put it on pizza, use it in pasta, and not forgetting as a dressing for warm new potatoes..

Yum!

Also, homemade pizza bases are a breeze, if you do a batch in one go, then freeze up in pizza sized portions. If you've never made bread, it's very theraputic. Or just get the man in your house to do it - for some bizarre reason, men can make amazing bread makers, I think it's the kneading they like (probably something to do with boobies) 

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#17 Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

my one suggestion would be that if you normally use Daiya shreds to switch and try the daiya wedge on pizza, its pretty amazing

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/
#18 Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

Or just get the man in your house to do it - for some bizarre reason, men can make amazing bread makers, I think it's the kneading they like (probably something to do with boobies) 

lmao.  oh, boy.........

#19 Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

Didn't we just have this a few months ago?
I mean, pretty much every day is vegan pizza day for me. I had a roasted veggie pizza at a local pizza place today. smiley.gif

I think vegan pizza day last year was toward the end of the year, for some reason...

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#20 Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Impeach the gangster

Should be at least a week-long celebration.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#21 Old 06-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Impeach the gangster

I'm planning whole wheat crust, Newman's Own marinara w/sweet onion, extra oregano and basil, Tofurkey deli slices, Daiya mozzarella, pineapple chunks, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and Galaxy vegan parmesan cheese.chef.gif Have to finish work first tho. I'm Hungry!

#22 Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

We're going to a pizza place that offers vegan pizza. It's a group of about 20 of us!

http://www.meetup.com/vegasveg/events/69113062/

#23 Old 06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

We're going to a pizza place that offers vegan pizza. It's a group of about 20 of us!

http://www.meetup.com/vegasveg/events/69113062/

That sounds fun!

My plans changed, I am cooking vegan pizza tonight! We're having a few friends over, so I'm making 4 pizzas and salad. I'm kind of stressed because one of the guys coming is a complaining omni. I guess I will make some really good garlic bread on this great crunchy Cuban bread too. smiley.gif
#24 Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

We cheated and just got Tofurkey frozen pizza. :P

I always wonder about people who say they "love" animals, but continue to eat meat. If that's your idea of love, I question what sort of twisted world view you must have.

#25 Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxdancer View Post

We cheated and just got Tofurkey frozen pizza. :P

I think I may end up doing that, Vegan Pizza House is all the way over there and Whole Foods is like 15 minutes away tongue3.gif

#26 Old 06-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

We thought about going to Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint, where every day is vegan pizza day (with a TON of fresh veggies AND Daiya!), but decided to make our own at home instead. Trader Joe's garlic-herb pizza crust, TJ's sauce, Daiya, Lightlife pepperoni, and fresh green pepper and sweet onion from local farms.

#27 Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Veggie Regular

for pepperoni fans, skip the Yves and go for the new tofurkey pepperoni, its really good

#28 Old 06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Riot Nrrrd

It's too dang hot out to be using my stove. I'll be celebrating VPD this fall, I think.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#29 Old 06-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

It's too dang hot out to be using my stove. I'll be celebrating VPD this fall, I think.

yeah even here in the Bay its really warm...i may move my pizza making outdoors tonight and just make grilled pizza. We tried ita while ago after seeing Alton Brown do it. I seriously recommend it. You can even grill you toppings first. I do however suggest using a high gluten dough, its needs to be able to be really thin but stay together on the grill.

#30 Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned

Yes, eat all the ingredients, lay on the super hot sidewalk and become the pizza yourself (unless you live somewhere where wolves roam around your property.)

Vegan pizza-face day was over a month ago, when high school was still in session. A celebration of teenage vegans who don't wash their hands enough and touch their face.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page