Vegan Deodorant Help :( - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I have recently tried Kiss My Face's Active Life Cucumber Green Tea deodorant. It was okay at first, but I have started noticing irritations and peeling of either this skin or the deodorant. >_>

I have looked more into irritating deodorants and found that Tom's of Maine's deodorant sticks have been known to do the same thing as well as they seem to also increase the body odor, especially the long lasting ones, as well as Jason's deodorants.

So far, the deodorant I really haven't had a problem with Thai's Deodorant Stone. It's like deodorizing crystal rocks. They don't smell but they do work and never caused me irritation. I have also head some people using simple cornstarch and that works.

Anyway, I'm asking others if they know of any other non-irritating vegan deodorants that don't smell or only have a light smell. Do sticks, sprays, roll-ons, or stones work better?

Thanks

xxx

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never found a stone deodorant that worked.  I usually pop by the farmers market and grab some there, there's at least one booth that has deodorant thats kind of a cream that is vegan.  Maybe try there?

#3 Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

I've never found a stone deodorant that worked.  I usually pop by the farmers market and grab some there, there's at least one booth that has deodorant thats kind of a cream that is vegan.  Maybe try there?

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I haven't really been to a farmer's market, but it sounds interesting ^^. I know many people have had more luck with the crystal deodorants though so I will probably end up leaning towards staying with those.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I use the liquid crystal deodorant with a light scent.  They have it in spray or roll-on.  I like it better than the solid crystal.  I have also used Jason in the past.  I like the crystal better, but it only works up to a certain point.  

I think I have just accepted that I won't always smell like a rose :)

~Ok, she's deranged. But so, so playful.~
#5 Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Thanks for your input :)

#6 Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Lush used to do an amazing paste (aromacream?) but I think they've stopped making it - plus if you are in the USA I don't think you have Lush so thats no help! I have just started using Pitrok, a mineral stick, and so far its ok - on the weekend I haven't noticed any odour, and on a sweaty workday its still not that bad! http://www.pitrok.co.uk/

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#7 Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooch View Post

Lush used to do an amazing paste (aromacream?) but I think they've stopped making it - plus if you are in the USA I don't think you have Lush so thats no help! I have just started using Pitrok, a mineral stick, and so far its ok - on the weekend I haven't noticed any odour, and on a sweaty workday its still not that bad! http://www.pitrok.co.uk/

Thanks for your input, and yes we do have LUSH in the USA. xD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page