Non-funny Veg*n pictures/cartoons - Page 34 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 948Likes

#991 Old 03-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Important info as sometimes real fur is labeled as faux! Always check before buying.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool chart, River.
#993 Old 03-11-2015, 03:42 PM

Apologies if this has been posted before! K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#994 Old 03-13-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I wonder if people who argue this way even realize how silly they're being...
I believe deep down in the baron abyss of their psyche they know, their ego just disallows them from accepting it.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#995 Old 03-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#996 Old 03-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

danakscully64 and Purp like this.

#997 Old 03-13-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Important info as sometimes real fur is labeled as faux! Always check before buying.
Why even buy fake fur. What kind of message does that send?
#998 Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirchoff888 View Post
I don't have a problem with actual fake fur, though I wouldn't want to wear any. I do wear shoes and carry a purse that are fake leather, though. Including fake Uggs.

I like having cruelty-free choices to envelop as many people as possible into veganism. Make it as easy as possible. Chocolate cupcake? Sure, here's a vegan one. Pizza? Yep, vegan. Chili? Of course! Fake ugly fur vest? Here's one!
#999 Old 03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I buy clothing made of fake fur and fake leather. I like the look of it and it's cruelty-free, so why not? The stuff I wear is cheap and I doubt anyone could mistake it for the real thing.
LedBoots likes this.
#1000 Old 03-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
I buy clothing made of fake fur and fake leather. I like the look of it and it's cruelty-free, so why not? The stuff I wear is cheap and I doubt anyone could mistake it for the real thing.
I agree, nothing wrong with fake fur. Here every parka hood has a faux fur trim on it. Also in some countries it gets so cold in the winter so fake fur should be available, it's a warmer option and is cruelty free

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#1001 Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Haha this is a gem! I might save it as a desktop wallpaper at work

#1002 Old 03-14-2015, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I like that comeback. My brother would be like "errr errr errr Videogames!"
Purp and LedBoots like this.
#1003 Old 03-14-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Fake or not, our clothing sends a message about who we are. Just how do people know leather or fur is fake just by looking at it? Take a look at that chart posted above. Do you think your average joe or jane knows that information? Even if they did, it's unlikely they are going to take all those steps to confirm what you have on isn't real leather or fur.

If you walked into a friends home and there was a deer's head hanging on the wall, would that bother you? Suppose your friend told you not to worry...it's fake. Wouldn't you wonder why they would want a deer's head (fake or not) hanging in their living room?
#1004 Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Fake or not, our clothing sends a message about who we are. Just how do people know leather or fur is fake just by looking at it? Take a look at that chart posted above. Do you think your average joe or jane knows that information? Even if they did, it's unlikely they are going to take all those steps to confirm what you have on isn't real leather or fur.

If you walked into a friends home and there was a deer's head hanging on the wall, would that bother you? Suppose your friend told you not to worry...it's fake. Wouldn't you wonder why they would want a deer's head (fake or not) hanging in their living room?
Do you not eat veggie burgers or non-dairy ice cream? Do you not wear cotton or polyester sweaters/jumpers for fear someone will think they're made of wool? Do you not use cruelty-free toiletries and cosmetics because to an outside observer they look the same as those tested on animals?

I believe that it's unnecessary for vegans to deny themselves anything that even resembles an animal product. It's much more productive to show the world that we can eat and wear anything anyone else can-- minus the cruelty.

If a vegan friend had a fake deer head on their wall, I would question their decorating style, but otherwise who cares? My husband gave me a teddy bear for Valentine's Day and I'm not bothered by it!
#1005 Old 03-15-2015, 05:08 AM
Veggie Regular

I agree with Jose.
no whey jose likes this.
#1006 Old 03-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:
Do you not eat veggie burgers or non-dairy ice cream? Do you not wear cotton or polyester sweaters/jumpers for fear someone will think they're made of wool? Do you not use cruelty-free toiletries and cosmetics because to an outside observer they look the same as those tested on animals?

I believe that it's unnecessary for vegans to deny themselves anything that even resembles an animal product. It's much more productive to show the world that we can eat and wear anything anyone else can-- minus the cruelty.

If a vegan friend had a fake deer head on their wall, I would question their decorating style, but otherwise who cares? My husband gave me a teddy bear for Valentine's Day and I'm not bothered by it!
Agree totally! Also great sense if humour, the poor decorating style remark made me laugh
Purp and no whey jose like this.

#1007 Old 03-15-2015, 07:08 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Quote:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Although it's normally pretty easy to tell fake fur from real by just looking at it. I mean I never had any trouble. I don't have a problem with fake fur, fake leather same as with fake meats. Not sue why anyone would like fake leather items other than footwear as they are non breathable and would normally make you sweat more than necessary. But like I've mentioned before fake fur is on so many winter jackets and hoodies that it's pretty hard to avoid if you have a winter season where you live
Purp and no whey jose like this.

#1008 Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

It does look significantly different, at least the stuff I buy. My faux fur-trimmed winter coat cost like $30. Just from the way the light hits it, you can tell it's fake. It's much like telling a cheap synthetic wig from human hair.
Purp likes this.
#1009 Old 03-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Living proof you don't need animal products to be ripped!
Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

#1010 Old 03-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah. And then people counter bit with"so vegetarians/vegans can't eat junk food?"
Purp likes this.
#1011 Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It does look significantly different, at least the stuff I buy. My faux fur-trimmed winter coat cost like $30. Just from the way the light hits it, you can tell it's fake. It's much like telling a cheap synthetic wig from human hair.
My tortie cat looks she has fake fur. She's quite healthy, her fur just looks like the kind of fake fur that's usually colored and used for stuffed animals. Kinda like more undercoat than overcoat. Actually lots of torties I've seen have that look- a bit disheveled, rumpled even
Purp, LedBoots and no whey jose like this.
#1012 Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
My tortie cat looks she has fake fur. She's quite healthy, her fur just looks like the kind of fake fur that's usually colored and used for stuffed animals. Kinda like more undercoat than overcoat. Actually lots of torties I've seen have that look- a bit disheveled, rumpled even
Aww, that sounds adorable for some reason.
Purp likes this.
#1013 Old 03-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

It's super adorable.
Purp likes this.
#1014 Old 04-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Purp, Vegan Dave and no whey jose like this.

#1015 Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Exactly! The cow looks EXTREMLY happy and adorable in that photo.
My friend has a cow named Rosie and she would never eat HER.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#1016 Old 04-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

The struggle is real

#1017 Old 04-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

God forbid vegans don't have a perfect body weight... You don't see that kind of body weight pressure on meat eaters as much as on vegans.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#1018 Old 04-15-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:

Living proof you don't need animal products to be ripped!
I have browsed lifting and strongman forums, and whenever a veggie lifter/builder is mentioned, they are generally dismissed as "Semi-pro" or "Unimpressive." Specifically, Patrik Baboumian was mentioned and dismissed as being 'second-class.' Well, turns out Patrik Baboumian is (was?) the holder of the world's highest log lift record AND Germany's Strongest Man for his weight class.

You can never win with those people.
Werewolf Girl, Purp and LedBoots like this.
#1019 Old 05-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

It's time for a random vegan picture dump!

#1020 Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
It's time for a random vegan picture dump!

Great photos!!!!
Purp likes this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page