VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegan Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/)
-   -   WWE Champ CM Punk goes vegan (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/60-vegan-support-forum/134408-wwe-champ-cm-punk-goes-vegan.html)

Josh James xVx 03-30-2012 02:14 PM

Really awesome story.

That means not one but two vegan guys hold major titles in WWE now. The other is World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan.

He's inspired a new pizza, too.

Now when someone asks for a well known vegan athlete, we have two more to add to the roster that strongly break the vegan = frail image:

Snowcone 03-30-2012 02:45 PM

That ALMOST makes me want to watch wrestling again. Almost.

...wait, they're BOTH world champion right now? That's kind of awesome.

Werewolf Girl 03-30-2012 02:46 PM

Awesome! I don't watch WWE at all but it's still exciting whenever big brawny guys go plant based

Josh James xVx 03-30-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

That ALMOST makes me want to watch wrestling again. Almost.

...wait, they're BOTH world champion right now? That's kind of awesome.

No..CM Punk is WWE Champion.

Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion.

It's complicated. There used to be just one, but when WWE bought WCW they absorbed the old WCW titles too, so the WWE World Heavyweight Title became the WWE Championship and the WCW World Heavyweight Title became World Heavyweight Champion.

The WWE Champ is the company's top guy, but the heavyweight champ is right up there. Punk and Bryan are basically the two top singles competitors in pro wrestling and they're vegan.

Envy 03-30-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:
dairy-free cheese, vegan bacon bits, green onions and slow-cooked black beans

finally a veg**an pizza without all those vegetables.

Move of Ten 03-30-2012 04:20 PM

Cool.

Isn't CM Punk the wrestler who called out Chris Brown? If so, double cool.

Josh James xVx 03-30-2012 05:40 PM

Yeah, that's him. He's been immensely popular over the last year and a half or so. He's one of the top guys in the business for sure. What I love about the guys like Bryan and Punk is not only are they role models, but they're clearly not roid heads like some of the other big players. In fact Punk has "drug free" tattooed across his knuckles. I think it's one of the reasons he got a big push from the WWE in the first place - there've been so many big controversies about substance abuse in recent years. Promoting champions like these guys helps to clean up their image somewhat. The fact they're positive vegan role models as well does a lot to dispel the stereotypes about vegans, since they reach a wide audience.

namaste984 04-02-2012 09:40 AM

Way to go CM Punk. Daniel Bryan actually inspired me to become a vegan in the first place, so its nice to see people in the spotlight being good to animals and themselves.

Josh James xVx 04-02-2012 02:02 PM

Well, unfortunately Daniel Bryan apparently lost his title last night at Wrestlemania, but that's pretty typical of a big PPV. I expect him to be a title holder again sooner or later.