Tofu scramble? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I never ate my own tofu scramble because I am a no-oil kind of gal. So does anyone make theirs without oil in a non-stick pan? I'm off work tomorrow and actually want to eat what I cook for once! lol
It doesn't need oil, just a little liquid and don't have the pan too hot. I use the ppk recipe posted above also, it is easy and delicious. It would be fine without the oil, although I use olive oil and it is good for you. smiley.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

I didn't use oil just a little bit of tomato paste and water came out great.

Breakfast: hash brown & tofu scramble

glad you liked the recipe :D

#33 Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

That looks really good! lick.gif

I've never actually made tofu scramble, this thread has inspired me to try it soon.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I didn't use oil just a little bit of tomato paste and water came out great.

Breakfast: hash brown & tofu scramble

glad you liked the recipe :D

That looks amazing, Jessika!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

I had scrambled tofu with a chile spiked quinoa salad for dinner.

Tofu was scrambled / stir fried with olive oil, a teaspoon of Marigold powder and a teaspoon of Garam Masala, a tablespoon of soy sauce, half a chopped courgette and half a chopped onion. Really good. I went back for seconds. 

Quinoa salad worked well with it, next time I think I'll do a bulghar pilaf with toasted seeds and a mixed green salad.

I really can't imagine treating it like scrambled eggs and putting it on toast for breakfast though. I think sticky brown rice and sweetcorn fritters and grilled mushrooms would make good alternative breakfast side dishes.

I really want to scramble up some tofu now, you are all making me hungry. grin.gif I like jalapeno cornbread and herbed sliced tomatoes with it, I did that last week.
#35 Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never made cornbread.. Maybe I should try it, it seems to be well loved by USAians. Plus you can use it with Chile which is something we make at home all the time. 

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#36 Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

I've never made cornbread.. Maybe I should try it, it seems to be well loved by USAians. Plus you can use it with Chile which is something we make at home all the time. 

Yes, it is the greatest with chili and really easy. I do corn muffins if pressed for time since they cook a little faster. smiley.gif I love recipes that call for corn kernels in the bread along with jalapenos.
#37 Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll add this one http://www.marystestkitchen.com/2011/09/vegan-recipetantalizing-thai-curry-tofu-scramble/. It's inspired by a scramble I had while on a weekend trip to Seattle. Really good. I posted a video for it too.

Cheers,

Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#38 Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

thanks everyone :) a lot of sriracha yum yum!

#39 Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

I'll add this one http://www.marystestkitchen.com/2011/09/vegan-recipetantalizing-thai-curry-tofu-scramble/. It's inspired by a scramble I had while on a weekend trip to Seattle. Really good. I posted a video for it too.

Cheers,

Mary

Ooh I will have to make that for my daughter! She would love it, thanks. smiley.gif
#40 Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 PM

I think this is great, I'll try this.

http://allstopsnoringaids.com

#41 Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Veggie Regular

You're welcome Ledboots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#42 Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I have ordered the nescessary ingredients to have a go at this. Looks and sounds good,thanks for posting.

Frame.

#43 Old 07-18-2012, 01:47 PM

I really love this recipe as a dinner entree. Its so good with collard greens. I bet you could make some nice cheese grits with some kinda nut cheese (not a fan of daiya and all those but I love nut cheese as much as I hate the name). Anyway, blackened scrambled tofu & garlic grits :http://www.theppk.com/2011/09/blackened-scrambled-tofu-garlicky-grits/

Tags
Vegan-Recipes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page