dunkin donuts/starbucks - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

they SERIOUSLY need to make one of these completely vegan in like every city...
neither of their pumpkin spice flavoring is vegan
no soy whipped cream
no vegan donuts or muffins

im seriously so mad right now
I WANT MY SEASONAL FLAVORS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I hear you! I used to love the seasonal stuff. Now I just bake my own seasonal things but the pumpkin lattes are the one thing that I really miss.

Oh, did you see in the new VegNews magazine there's a recipe for pumpkin chocolate donuts? I'm going to try making them some time next or in October.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 08-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a suggestion!!!

Torani Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Spice are both vegan ($4.50-7, depending on where you buy). It's SO cheap to make a coffeehouse "shop" at home. I bought a $40 Espresso machine (it doesn't make true espresso, just very strong coffee, but it's just as tasty if you're mixing it with flavor and non-dairy milk).

1 shot of espresso + 3-4 pumps of Pumpkin Spice Syrup + vegan milk of choice + soy whip = Happiness

I have a latte every morning, it comes out to less than $1 compared to $4.50 at Starbucks. Cheaper for the coffee, plus you don't have to wait in line or drive to the store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned

whats better pumpkin pie or spice?
i just dont really like ordering stuff online, but i will if i must. haha
#5 Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Are you in the US?

I haven't tried either, but they both sound good:

Quote:
Pumpkin Pie: Embodies the rich flavor of pumpkin pie filling with complements of nutmeg, cinnamon and other warm spices. Add this traditional flavor to your lattes any time of year.

Pumpkin Spice: True to the holiday favorite, Torani Pumpkin Spice syrup combines cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves with just the right amount of unique pumpkin flavor. Use 1 oz. to flavor lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, steamers and chai.

#6 Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

yep US !
some websites say you can make your own coffee with pumpkin puree and pumkin pie spice, i might try that and see how it goes
i would kill somebody for some pumpkinpie. unfortunately im not allowed to used the over i know, i know! stupid but i move out in 3 weeks sooo yeah
im about to get some iced apple cider from dunkin donuts maybe that will calm me down, pretty sure its vegan checked ingredients!
#7 Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

yep US !
some websites say you can make your own coffee with pumpkin puree and pumkin pie spice, i might try that and see how it goes
i would kill somebody for some pumpkinpie. unfortunately im not allowed to used the over i know, i know! stupid but i move out in 3 weeks sooo yeah
im about to get some iced apple cider from dunkin donuts maybe that will calm me down, pretty sure its vegan checked ingredients!

They sell that espresso machine at Target. What's great about Amazon is the price changes, I've seen it as low as $25 (free shipping). If you like regular coffee, you can even just use that. I like my espresso machine, I buy the coffee at Sprouts and use their grinder to make it espresso-fine. If you use the Torani syrup locator, you can probably find it close by (World Market has it around fall time, I've seen it). Pumpkin puree might be too heavy, it might not dissolve well, but you can give it a try.
#8 Old 08-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

There's soy whip cream???
#9 Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Pumpkin spice isn't vegan? :C
I mean...pumpkins are vegan...spices are vegan....they had to *******ize it with milk or something?
Damn yooou starbucks!
#10 Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

There's soy whip cream???

there is. My sissy eats it and I have had it at my parents, its good.

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#11 Old 08-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.soyatoo.de/index.php?id=8...&backId=26&L=3

I've seen it at Sprouts and HFSs.
#12 Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Yup there's soy whip! I never liked whipped cream so I haven't tried it but my local health food store carries it.

I make regular coffee every morning and put in the So Delicious hazelnut creamer. I might have to find a bottle of the pumpkin spice and use it with some original creamer this fall for my morning coffee.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#13 Old 08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

http://www.soyatoo.de/index.php?id=8...&backId=26&L=3

I've seen it at Sprouts and HFSs.

Wow, I want this! My Henry's just converted to a Sprout's so they sent me all these emails and coupons, so I'm gonna try to go to redeem them and get some soy whip

And if soy whip exists, I wish Starbucks would carry it! They have soy milk, they should have soy whip. I'm kind of upset that they already charge extra for soy milk, though. I know it's only 30 cents, but a coffee is already really expensive, so I rarely go anymore, unless they have specials like the Frappuccino happy hour that they had
#14 Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I was pissed about the pumpkin flavors at Dunkin Donuts because they totally lied to me about it. Last year I asked an employe if there was any dairy in the syrup and she told me "no" but when she went to hand me my coffee it was a milky color and not black. I once again asked her if there was any milk in it or in the syrup and again she claimed there wasn't. I asked her to double check the bottle to make sure. She came back and again told me no dairy whatsoever. I asked her why my black coffee was a white milky color then? She claimed it was because of the pumpkin syrup but there was NO dairy/milk in it. Another employee and a manager both came over to see what was going on (since I was holding up the line) and they both assured me that there was NO dairy in the syrup . I still didn't trust them and I didn't drink it. I brought it home with me and jumped right online to look up the ingredients. Sure enough DAIRY is listed!!!

I immediately emailed them to let them know what happened. They responded a day or so later saying they would have the manager of that location contact me. The manager never contacted me so I emailed the company a second time letting them know. Again they sent me an email saying he would contact me which of course once again never happened. I now refuse to go to that Dunkin location.
#15 Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I was pissed about the pumpkin flavors at Dunkin Donuts because they totally lied to me about it. Last year I asked an employe if there was any dairy in the syrup and she told me "no" but when she went to hand me my coffee it was a milky color and not black. I once again asked her if there was any milk in it or in the syrup and again she claimed there wasn't. I asked her to double check the bottle to make sure. She came back and again told me no dairy whatsoever. I asked her why my black coffee was a white milky color then? She claimed it was because of the pumpkin syrup but there was NO dairy/milk in it. Another employee and a manager both came over to see what was going on (since I was holding up the line) and they both assured me that there was NO dairy in the syrup . I still didn't trust them and I didn't drink it. I brought it home with me and jumped right online to look up the ingredients. Sure enough DAIRY is listed!!!

I immediately emailed them to let them know what happened. They responded a day or so later saying they would have the manager of that location contact me. The manager never contacted me so I emailed the company a second time letting them know. Again they sent me an email saying he would contact me which of course once again never happened. I now refuse to go to that Dunkin location.

yeah that happened to me i asked for black and it came out like they put cream on it.
#16 Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned

I wish Starbucks had vegan bakery items, too. I'm surprised they don't actually, they have that new vegan meal, they should have some vegan muffins or cakes or something. Does anyone know if any of their prepackaged biscotti is vegan? I used to love those. Dunkin Donuts, of course I wish had vegan donuts, but it doesn't surprise me that they don't. Somehow I expect it more from Starbucks. I think eventually more places will have vegan options, like how now more places are having veggie burgers, Starbucks added that vegan meal, etc. There is a noticeable spread of veg*n options, it's just not moving as fast as I'd like
#17 Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wow, I want this! My Henry's just converted to a Sprout's so they sent me all these emails and coupons, so I'm gonna try to go to redeem them and get some soy whip

And if soy whip exists, I wish Starbucks would carry it! They have soy milk, they should have soy whip. I'm kind of upset that they already charge extra for soy milk, though. I know it's only 30 cents, but a coffee is already really expensive, so I rarely go anymore, unless they have specials like the Frappuccino happy hour that they had

Soy whip is really expensive, they'll never carry it. It's not mainstream like soy milk either. Some places charge 60 cents for soy. If you have a registered gift card, it's free.
#18 Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I wish Starbucks had vegan bakery items, too. I'm surprised they don't actually, they have that new vegan meal, they should have some vegan muffins or cakes or something.

Seriously. And what's with Dunkin Donuts not even having soymilk? I ask every couple of months or so and the answer is always, 'sorry, no'.
#19 Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Seriously. And what's with Dunkin Donuts not even having soymilk? I ask every couple of months or so and the answer is always, 'sorry, no'.

I KNOW.
i go and get it black then bring it home and add so delicious creamer in it and its SUPER ANNOYING.
the only thing i get from starbucks really is iced coffee with soy but 1) they take forever to make their suff and i never have enough time 2)their stuff is ALREADY overpriced and it pisses me off that they charge xtra for soy milk.

im making pumpkin muffins tomorrow.
annoying, i just wanna be able to buy one!!!!!
on a side note DD's pumpkin muffin is a CALORIE BOMB and i wouldnt eat it even if it was vegan (600 calories, OUCH )
#20 Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:

they SERIOUSLY need to make one of these completely vegan in like every city...
neither of their pumpkin spice flavoring is vegan
no soy whipped cream
no vegan donuts or muffins

im seriously so mad right now
I WANT MY SEASONAL FLAVORS.

Seriously! I got an offer from Starbucks to try one of their "munchkin" desserts for free and not ONE was dairy-free. I love Starbucks, but come on..adding dairy to the pumpkin spice mix, WTFFF. I wonder if Caribou Coffee has vegan-friendly pumpkin spice mixes... hmm?!

meow.
Visit my food/blog/tumblr! Thanks
http://whatsinyourfood.tumblr.com/
#21 Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I've never been to a Dunkin Donuts, but they don't even have soy milk? I wonder if people who are lactose intolerant can't drink dairy milk in their coffee like they can't drink it straight, and if so, then that's a lot of customers with actual allergies that they're losing business from. I know there's this whole mentality with vegans where many people seem to see it as our problem since it's our choice and we're not allergic to things like meat, milk, eggs, honey, etc., but offering soy milk is a basic thing for people that have a common intolerance.
#22 Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I KNOW.
i go and get it black then bring it home and add so delicious creamer in it and its SUPER ANNOYING.
the only thing i get from starbucks really is iced coffee with soy but 1) they take forever to make their suff and i never have enough time 2)their stuff is ALREADY overpriced and it pisses me off that they charge xtra for soy milk.

im making pumpkin muffins tomorrow.
annoying, i just wanna be able to buy one!!!!!
on a side note DD's pumpkin muffin is a CALORIE BOMB and i wouldnt eat it even if it was vegan (600 calories, OUCH )

Register a gift card, no charge for soy.

You can always make muffins and freeze them Pull out as needed.
#23 Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Is it free now with any Starbucks card? I thought you had to be gold level or something like that
#24 Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

They changed it, it used to be any registered card, but now you need 5 stars (buy 5 coffees, separate transactions) and you're at the green level.

https://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards
#25 Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I wish Starbucks had vegan bakery items, too. I'm surprised they don't actually, they have that new vegan meal, they should have some vegan muffins or cakes or something. Does anyone know if any of their prepackaged biscotti is vegan? I used to love those. Dunkin Donuts, of course I wish had vegan donuts, but it doesn't surprise me that they don't. Somehow I expect it more from Starbucks. I think eventually more places will have vegan options, like how now more places are having veggie burgers, Starbucks added that vegan meal, etc. There is a noticeable spread of veg*n options, it's just not moving as fast as I'd like

A couple of Starbuck's bagels are vegan I thought and I also read that some of their pastries are "accidently vegan" but they seem to vary from store to store because each location uses a different bakery?

Quote:

I KNOW.

I have a travel size plastic bottle that I fill with soy or almond milk and often carry with me when I know I'll be in the area of a coffee place like DD and will probably stop there. If I don't have my bottle with me then I just get it black (decaf) and with some type of flavored syrup. I've emailed DD numerous times about adding soymilk to their menu. It's listed on their website but I have never been to a location that offers it.
#26 Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm allergic to soya milk, so I can't even have soya lattes/cappicinos/hot chocolate anymore... *que violins please*
Really sad because I love coffee, and used to enjoy the occasional fancy drink from a coffee shop... adding mint syrup to soya hot chocolate = devine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

=I mean...pumpkins are vegan...spices are vegan....they had to *******ize it with milk or something?

This made me laugh. I have no idea what pumpkin spice is incidentally.

Quote:

This is so fustrating. I hate it when people seem to make answers up when they don't really know. They should have bought the bottle for you to check if they weren't sure - this happens to me all the time, people have no idea what's vegan and what isn't, so they just bring me packets to check.

Fadeaway - is black with syrup in it nice? I've always imagined it would taste very strange so haven't tried it... but maybe I should?
#27 Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I just plain dont like Starbucks.
I went there with my mam and dad a few weeks back and they obvioulsy have a 'type' they prefer (ie-hipster students or suit type who use their laptops publicy) and were quite rude to us. Not helpful in helping me find something veggie and were sighing when I tried to decide what cake to get. All in all the coffee was disgusting and I did not like the MUG style service. for the price would a proper latte cup have been so hard to ask for?? Behind me was a woman (40s) with two sons (teens) she ordered the smallest cup size and when they plonked it on the desk(spilling it may I add) she said it was huge and the girl replied 'well you should have asked for a slim cup then shouldnt you' The cup size the girl said isnt even displayed on the menu! How are you to know to order it then.
I will never set foot in a Starbucks again.
I was made to feel old and unwelcome.
#28 Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity_thief View Post

This is so fustrating. I hate it when people seem to make answers up when they don't really know. They should have bought the bottle for you to check if they weren't sure - this happens to me all the time, people have no idea what's vegan and what isn't, so they just bring me packets to check.

Fadeaway - is black with syrup in it nice? I've always imagined it would taste very strange so haven't tried it... but maybe I should?

Yeah I wish I had asked to physically see the bottle myself. The coffee of course is much better with some sort of milk/creamer but it's not too bad black . Then again I also put a ton of sugar in my coffees so maybe I'm just covering up the nastiness.
#29 Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah I wish I had asked to physically see the bottle myself. The coffee of course is much better with some sort of milk/creamer but it's not too bad black . Then again I also put a ton of sugar in my coffees so maybe I'm just covering up the nastiness.

i got the pumpkin syrup BLACK
added one sugar and........it was amazingly good
maybe.because.it.had.skim.milk.in.the.damn.syrup
i feel so bad
#30 Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

I just plain dont like Starbucks.
I went there with my mam and dad a few weeks back and they obvioulsy have a 'type' they prefer (ie-hipster students or suit type who use their laptops publicy) and were quite rude to us. Not helpful in helping me find something veggie and were sighing when I tried to decide what cake to get. All in all the coffee was disgusting and I did not like the MUG style service. for the price would a proper latte cup have been so hard to ask for?? Behind me was a woman (40s) with two sons (teens) she ordered the smallest cup size and when they plonked it on the desk(spilling it may I add) she said it was huge and the girl replied 'well you should have asked for a slim cup then shouldnt you' The cup size the girl said isnt even displayed on the menu! How are you to know to order it then.
I will never set foot in a Starbucks again.
I was made to feel old and unwelcome.

starbucks is the OPPOSITE where i live.
loooooove ittttttttttttttt~!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page