Your favorite "go-to" Vegan meal? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Newbie
 
JerseyVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Just curious.

Mine is a veggie/black bean burrito thing that i love. Quick, filling and I always have the ingredients on hand.
JerseyVegan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular
 
veganmama884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 824
veggies in garlic sauce

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
veganmama884 is offline  
#3 Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegansarawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 892
Green smoothie, takes less than ten minutes to make, and easy to carry around/consume when busy.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
vegansarawr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Newbie
 
izjustagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 44
I love taking flat bread & rubbing it with olive oil, adding some fresh tomatoes & basil, topped with daiya mozzarella; popped under the broiler for a minute or two...tada....gourmet pizza!

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
izjustagirl is offline  
#5 Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular
 
greenish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 324
For lunch it's a big salad. I just throw a lot of different stuff on it. For dinner, my no-brain go to meal is sautéed veggies with some kind of stir fry sauce. I keep a couple of different kinds of stir fry sauce in my fridge for those night when I don't feel like making my own sauce. It takes no effort to chop up a few veggies, give them a quick sautée or stir fry and throw in some sauce.
greenish is offline  
#6 Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,243
cascadian farms cereal w/ almond milk.. hehe cant cook
jessickah is offline  
#7 Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Mrs. T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 344
Stir-fry and rice sprinkled with peanuts!
Mrs. T is offline  
#8 Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Newbie
 
JerseyVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by izjustagirl View Post

I love taking flat bread & rubbing it with olive oil, adding some fresh tomatoes & basil, topped with daiya mozzarella; popped under the broiler for a minute or two...tada....gourmet pizza!

Thank you - - this will be tomorrows lunch!
JerseyVegan is offline  
#9 Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Newbie
 
JerseyVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

For lunch it's a big salad. I just throw a lot of different stuff on it. For dinner, my no-brain go to meal is sautéed veggies with some kind of stir fry sauce. I keep a couple of different kinds of stir fry sauce in my fridge for those night when I don't feel like making my own sauce. It takes no effort to chop up a few veggies, give them a quick sautée or stir fry and throw in some sauce.

Care to share your fave store bought stir fry sauces? TIA!
JerseyVegan is offline  
#10 Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular
 
s0ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 998
Definitely pasta & sauce. I always make my own sauce from canned diced tomatoes, but its still all in all a 20 minute, barely any prep, meal. And most everyone has pasta and tomatoes laying around.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
s0ad is offline  
#11 Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Newbie
 
Momus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 67
apple or sweet potato
Momus is offline  
#12 Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,131
Heating up a can of lentil soup. If it's actual "cooking" food, then pasta. I'm getting into making different pastas and pairing them with marinara sauce. I used to just have plain spaghetti, but now I've been changing it with penne and other types of different pasta. Somehow it tastes different and more interesting, even though it's the same sauce. It's also pretty easy to make, though I'm usually too impatient to eat to even do that much cooking
disney.jessica is offline  
#13 Old 08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular
 
greenish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVegan View Post

Care to share your fave store bought stir fry sauces? TIA!

I basically just scout the salad dressing and marinade/sauce aisle at Whole Foods. My very favorite is Appalachian Naturals Ginger Miso sauce. I also like San-J's Thai Peanut Sauce and Curry Love Passion Red Thai Curry. Basically I just chop up a bunch of veggies, sautée them in a little water or a touch of olive oil. When the veggies are almost cooked, I'll throw in the greens at the end and add a little sauce and voilÃ*, it's dinner.
greenish is offline  
#14 Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,131
That sounds really good! I didn't know it was that easy to make stir fries. I've had one in a restaurant before, when I first went vegan, and I loved it, I couldn't believe it was actually vegetables because it tasted really good.
disney.jessica is offline  
#15 Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular
 
greenish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

That sounds really good! I didn't know it was that easy to make stir fries. I've had one in a restaurant before, when I first went vegan, and I loved it, I couldn't believe it was actually vegetables because it tasted really good.

Yup, super easy. If I'm really hungry, I'll serve it up over brown rice, but most times I'm satisfied with just the veggies.
greenish is offline  
#16 Old 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,131
Have you ever made it with tofu? When I had a tofu it was in a stir fry, but I can't figure out if I would have to cook it with the veggies in the sauce or if I should cook it separate and add it in later.
disney.jessica is offline  
#17 Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Newbie
 
maggs8507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 44
I throw some beans, cooked quinoa, sauteed veggies and salsa together then I top with some cheddar Daiya shreds. Maybe it sounds weird but it's yummy to me : )
maggs8507 is offline  
#18 Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
greenish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Have you ever made it with tofu? When I had a tofu it was in a stir fry, but I can't figure out if I would have to cook it with the veggies in the sauce or if I should cook it separate and add it in later.

Yup, I do add tofu on occasion. I cook it separately. First, I press the tofu to get the water out. (I just put the block on some paper towels and put a cast iron pan on the top of it for 10 minutes or so.) Then I slice the tofu, heat up a pan, add some peanut oil, then add the tofu and cook until the outside crisps up a bit. At the very end, I'll add in some soy sauce. Then I throw it in with the stir fried veggies and sauce right before serving.
greenish is offline  
#19 Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member
 
whisper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,938
I love all these ideas. Mine is just an almond butter and jelly sandwich or an almond milk and banana smoothie.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"
 

whisper is offline  
#20 Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Pasta with canned tomatoes, peanut butter banana sandwiches, tofu/hummus sandwiches, bean and tofu dog burritos or banana/berry/soymilk/rice protein shakes. I'm not much of a cook.
Move of Ten is offline  
#21 Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

Yup, I do add tofu on occasion. I cook it separately. First, I press the tofu to get the water out. (I just put the block on some paper towels and put a cast iron pan on the top of it for 10 minutes or so.) Then I slice the tofu, heat up a pan, add some peanut oil, then add the tofu and cook until the outside crisps up a bit. At the very end, I'll add in some soy sauce. Then I throw it in with the stir fried veggies and sauce right before serving.

Thank you! That sounds really good and easy, I'm not good at cooking tofu, it either ends up too vegetable-oily or too soy sauce tasting, but I've never tried frying it in a little peanut oil, I'll have to try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Pasta with canned tomatoes, peanut butter banana sandwiches, tofu/hummus sandwiches, bean and tofu dog burritos or banana/berry/soymilk/rice protein shakes. I'm not much of a cook.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! I'm glad I'm not the only one, everyone I know thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about them.
disney.jessica is offline  
#22 Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular
 
AeryFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,293
Takeaway :P

Or mushrooms on toast. YUM.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AeryFairy is offline  
#23 Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
.Goth-Alice.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A better Forum
Posts: 1,619
^mmmmm mushrooms on toast...with a little garlic too...yummers!

I can whip up a spag bol (with vegan mince) in about 20mins...quicker than an oven/micro readymeal!


Apart from micro chips...seriously those things take like 2mins...
.Goth-Alice. is offline  
#24 Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
baked apple cinnamon oatmeal
chickpea salad wrap
super crispy roasted veggie wrap with hummus
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#25 Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Newbie
 
JerseyVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

I basically just scout the salad dressing and marinade/sauce aisle at Whole Foods. My very favorite is Appalachian Naturals Ginger Miso sauce. I also like San-J's Thai Peanut Sauce and Curry Love Passion Red Thai Curry. Basically I just chop up a bunch of veggies, sautée them in a little water or a touch of olive oil. When the veggies are almost cooked, I'll throw in the greens at the end and add a little sauce and voilÃ*, it's dinner.

Thank you for sharing! Sounds delish...
JerseyVegan is offline  
#26 Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular
 
animeidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 286
I love fajitas! Colorful peppers, onions, fajita flavoring, and roll em up in tortillas with some salsa! Mmmm!
animeidee is offline  
#27 Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mollycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,121
Boca Chicken patty on a roll with lettuce tomato and bbq sauce (I'm a former chicken finger sub addict)

Oatmeal and quinoa with blueberries

texas caviar with tortilla chips

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
mollycakes is offline  
#28 Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! I'm glad I'm not the only one, everyone I know thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about them.

Elvis liked 'em.

Another thing I like, which is actually much weirder, is banana, peanut butter and soy yogurt mashed up into a goop.
Move of Ten is offline  
#29 Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Almeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,852
Pasta sauce made from a can of tomatoes, garlic and dried herbs over pasta.

Or a stir fry with veggies and tofu over quinoa with a side of cooked greens.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Almeria is offline  
#30 Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Newbie
 
ColossalCupcakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
For the most part, I think any of my favourite foods at any given point are totally random. Last week I massacred oatmeal by mixing it with raspberry jam. This week I have the need to eat tacos. I actually found a recipe for taco shells just for this occasion.

Now I just have to figure out how to cook - or just point hungrily at the stove and my corn flour and hope my mom helps. :O Either way works.

My username is ColossalCupcakes in hopes that my spelling will improve enough so that I can spell Colossal without spellcheck. Oh, and I like cupcakes.
ColossalCupcakes is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off