Your favorite "go-to" Vegan meal? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Just curious.

Mine is a veggie/black bean burrito thing that i love. Quick, filling and I always have the ingredients on hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

veggies in garlic sauce

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#3 Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Green smoothie, takes less than ten minutes to make, and easy to carry around/consume when busy.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 PM

I love taking flat bread & rubbing it with olive oil, adding some fresh tomatoes & basil, topped with daiya mozzarella; popped under the broiler for a minute or two...tada....gourmet pizza!

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
#5 Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

For lunch it's a big salad. I just throw a lot of different stuff on it. For dinner, my no-brain go to meal is sautéed veggies with some kind of stir fry sauce. I keep a couple of different kinds of stir fry sauce in my fridge for those night when I don't feel like making my own sauce. It takes no effort to chop up a few veggies, give them a quick sautée or stir fry and throw in some sauce.
#6 Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

cascadian farms cereal w/ almond milk.. hehe cant cook
#7 Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Stir-fry and rice sprinkled with peanuts!
#8 Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izjustagirl View Post

I love taking flat bread & rubbing it with olive oil, adding some fresh tomatoes & basil, topped with daiya mozzarella; popped under the broiler for a minute or two...tada....gourmet pizza!

Thank you - - this will be tomorrows lunch!
#9 Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

For lunch it's a big salad. I just throw a lot of different stuff on it. For dinner, my no-brain go to meal is sautéed veggies with some kind of stir fry sauce. I keep a couple of different kinds of stir fry sauce in my fridge for those night when I don't feel like making my own sauce. It takes no effort to chop up a few veggies, give them a quick sautée or stir fry and throw in some sauce.

Care to share your fave store bought stir fry sauces? TIA!
#10 Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Definitely pasta & sauce. I always make my own sauce from canned diced tomatoes, but its still all in all a 20 minute, barely any prep, meal. And most everyone has pasta and tomatoes laying around.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#11 Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM

apple or sweet potato
#12 Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

Heating up a can of lentil soup. If it's actual "cooking" food, then pasta. I'm getting into making different pastas and pairing them with marinara sauce. I used to just have plain spaghetti, but now I've been changing it with penne and other types of different pasta. Somehow it tastes different and more interesting, even though it's the same sauce. It's also pretty easy to make, though I'm usually too impatient to eat to even do that much cooking
#13 Old 08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVegan View Post

Care to share your fave store bought stir fry sauces? TIA!

I basically just scout the salad dressing and marinade/sauce aisle at Whole Foods. My very favorite is Appalachian Naturals Ginger Miso sauce. I also like San-J's Thai Peanut Sauce and Curry Love Passion Red Thai Curry. Basically I just chop up a bunch of veggies, sautée them in a little water or a touch of olive oil. When the veggies are almost cooked, I'll throw in the greens at the end and add a little sauce and voilÃ*, it's dinner.
#14 Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned

That sounds really good! I didn't know it was that easy to make stir fries. I've had one in a restaurant before, when I first went vegan, and I loved it, I couldn't believe it was actually vegetables because it tasted really good.
#15 Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

That sounds really good! I didn't know it was that easy to make stir fries. I've had one in a restaurant before, when I first went vegan, and I loved it, I couldn't believe it was actually vegetables because it tasted really good.

Yup, super easy. If I'm really hungry, I'll serve it up over brown rice, but most times I'm satisfied with just the veggies.
#16 Old 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Have you ever made it with tofu? When I had a tofu it was in a stir fry, but I can't figure out if I would have to cook it with the veggies in the sauce or if I should cook it separate and add it in later.
#17 Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM

I throw some beans, cooked quinoa, sauteed veggies and salsa together then I top with some cheddar Daiya shreds. Maybe it sounds weird but it's yummy to me : )
#18 Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Have you ever made it with tofu? When I had a tofu it was in a stir fry, but I can't figure out if I would have to cook it with the veggies in the sauce or if I should cook it separate and add it in later.

Yup, I do add tofu on occasion. I cook it separately. First, I press the tofu to get the water out. (I just put the block on some paper towels and put a cast iron pan on the top of it for 10 minutes or so.) Then I slice the tofu, heat up a pan, add some peanut oil, then add the tofu and cook until the outside crisps up a bit. At the very end, I'll add in some soy sauce. Then I throw it in with the stir fried veggies and sauce right before serving.
#19 Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

I love all these ideas. Mine is just an almond butter and jelly sandwich or an almond milk and banana smoothie.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#20 Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Pasta with canned tomatoes, peanut butter banana sandwiches, tofu/hummus sandwiches, bean and tofu dog burritos or banana/berry/soymilk/rice protein shakes. I'm not much of a cook.
#21 Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yup, I do add tofu on occasion. I cook it separately. First, I press the tofu to get the water out. (I just put the block on some paper towels and put a cast iron pan on the top of it for 10 minutes or so.) Then I slice the tofu, heat up a pan, add some peanut oil, then add the tofu and cook until the outside crisps up a bit. At the very end, I'll add in some soy sauce. Then I throw it in with the stir fried veggies and sauce right before serving.

Thank you! That sounds really good and easy, I'm not good at cooking tofu, it either ends up too vegetable-oily or too soy sauce tasting, but I've never tried frying it in a little peanut oil, I'll have to try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Pasta with canned tomatoes, peanut butter banana sandwiches, tofu/hummus sandwiches, bean and tofu dog burritos or banana/berry/soymilk/rice protein shakes. I'm not much of a cook.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! I'm glad I'm not the only one, everyone I know thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about them.
#22 Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Takeaway :P

Or mushrooms on toast. YUM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#23 Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Veggie Regular

^mmmmm mushrooms on toast...with a little garlic too...yummers!

I can whip up a spag bol (with vegan mince) in about 20mins...quicker than an oven/micro readymeal!

Apart from micro chips...seriously those things take like 2mins...
#24 Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Veggie Regular

baked apple cinnamon oatmeal
chickpea salad wrap
super crispy roasted veggie wrap with hummus
#25 Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:

I basically just scout the salad dressing and marinade/sauce aisle at Whole Foods. My very favorite is Appalachian Naturals Ginger Miso sauce. I also like San-J's Thai Peanut Sauce and Curry Love Passion Red Thai Curry. Basically I just chop up a bunch of veggies, sautée them in a little water or a touch of olive oil. When the veggies are almost cooked, I'll throw in the greens at the end and add a little sauce and voilÃ*, it's dinner.

Thank you for sharing! Sounds delish...
#26 Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I love fajitas! Colorful peppers, onions, fajita flavoring, and roll em up in tortillas with some salsa! Mmmm!
#27 Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Boca Chicken patty on a roll with lettuce tomato and bbq sauce (I'm a former chicken finger sub addict)

Oatmeal and quinoa with blueberries

texas caviar with tortilla chips

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#28 Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! I'm glad I'm not the only one, everyone I know thinks I'm crazy when I tell them about them.

Elvis liked 'em.

Another thing I like, which is actually much weirder, is banana, peanut butter and soy yogurt mashed up into a goop.
#29 Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Pasta sauce made from a can of tomatoes, garlic and dried herbs over pasta.

Or a stir fry with veggies and tofu over quinoa with a side of cooked greens.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#30 Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM

For the most part, I think any of my favourite foods at any given point are totally random. Last week I massacred oatmeal by mixing it with raspberry jam. This week I have the need to eat tacos. I actually found a recipe for taco shells just for this occasion.

Now I just have to figure out how to cook - or just point hungrily at the stove and my corn flour and hope my mom helps. :O Either way works.

My username is ColossalCupcakes in hopes that my spelling will improve enough so that I can spell Colossal without spellcheck. Oh, and I like cupcakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page