How do you feel about eating fast food? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post

I mean cages, crates, basically using animals like machines to produce food rather than living, breathing creatures.

At fast food places, I don't eat any of the stuff that's produced that way so I don't have an issue with it.

Quote:
So although you're eating something completely free of animal products, can you still feel guilt-free about buying a meal from one of these places, if you're supporting the restaurant and contributing money toward its food production?

I've seen vegan companies sell out to bigger omni companies many times before and I know most of them will probably do it at some stage if the price is right, so I just do whatever makes my life easier right here, right now. If that means eating at a MacDonalds drive-thru at 5am when there's no other option, I'll do it.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

This is pretty much like saying you wont buy your veggies and tofu from a supermarket because they sell meat and eggs etcetc.

You have to draw the line somewhere and if you are ordering Veg*n takeout from a place that serves meat based dishes too, then surely the increase in demand for Veg*n food will show the place that they should be catering for us aswell as meaties.

I have no problem ordering takeaway food...i order chinese takeaway about once a month when I have a friend gathering
I dont go to places like McDonalds etc though...I dont like the food and there is little choice for me.
#33 Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

A few times a year I get the breakfast potato wedges from Wendy's, and my husband likes Taco Bell so we eat there sometimes.

Wendy's in your area sell breakfast foods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

This is pretty much like saying you wont buy your veggies and tofu from a supermarket because they sell meat and eggs etcetc.

You have to draw the line somewhere and if you are ordering Veg*n takeout from a place that serves meat based dishes too, then surely the increase in demand for Veg*n food will show the place that they should be catering for us aswell as meaties.

I have no problem ordering takeaway food...i order chinese takeaway about once a month when I have a friend gathering
I dont go to places like McDonalds etc though...I dont like the food and there is little choice for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned

deleted
#35 Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

i don't eat fastfood because one its really high in calories.
if i eat microwavable vegan junkfood at home atleast i have a nutrition label to use as reference and be able to track my calories and such.
also i wouldn't support the industry.
#36 Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM

I can't help but wonder what kind of quality can be offered for $1.00. I haven't had a hamburger in quite awhile but the thought of it is pretty repellent to me now.
#37 Old 08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

i don't eat fastfood because one its really high in calories.
if i eat microwavable vegan junkfood at home atleast i have a nutrition label to use as reference and be able to track my calories and such.
also i wouldn't support the industry.

i agree, today I got amys vegan mac and cheese (a HUGE treat for me because I am all cranky and AF is visting) and Id rather eat that than roll through a FF place. Everytime I eat fast food (barely ever, usually on a road trip) I just dont like it.

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#38 Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't eat fast food. The food I eat moves very slowly, if at all.
#39 Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

I don't eat fast food. The food I eat moves very slowly, if at all.

lol

~The more you sweat the less you bleed~
***Come gather at our table***
http://ourtable1.blogspot.com/
***The road to Thermopylae***
http://theroadtothermopylae.blogspot.com/2011/09/huge-change-of-plans.html
#40 Old 08-24-2011, 03:47 PM

I avoid fast food like the plague, mostly because, well, I'm afraid of catching the plague from fast food.

Also, I never liked the taste even before turning vegan.

My username is ColossalCupcakes in hopes that my spelling will improve enough so that I can spell Colossal without spellcheck. Oh, and I like cupcakes.
#41 Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossalCupcakes View Post

I avoid fast food like the plague, mostly because, well, I'm afraid of catching the plague from fast food.

Would you like fries with that?
#42 Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM

Fast food for me has changed into something different....going to an Indian shop for a nice potato roti, perhaps a Lebanese place for a falafel or some samosas.

Fast food means I didn't have to make it now....not necessarily junk food.

I'm sensitive, & I'd like to stay that way ~JK~
#43 Old 08-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

I don't frequent a lot of fast-food places, save Chipotle and maybe Subway once in a great while. Though I'm not thrilled with giving my dollars to places that sell animal products, we don't live in a vegan world, so I buy the vegan items because I feel that I'm at least contributing to creating more demand for animal-free food. In my mind, every little bit helps. Just as an example, I've been writing to Dunkin' Donuts regularly to get them to consider offering soy milk as an option for things like iced coffee, being that I like their coffee. I figure it can't hurt to try.
#44 Old 08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTree15 View Post

Just as an example, I've been writing to Dunkin' Donuts regularly to get them to consider offering soy milk as an option for things like iced coffee, being that I like their coffee. I figure it can't hurt to try.

I do the same. I'm sick of bringing my own soymilk to Dunkin!
#45 Old 08-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I do the same. I'm sick of bringing my own soymilk to Dunkin!

Exactly! And sometimes if I'm with family and they want to stop, I end up getting an iced tea instead because I don't have the soy milk with me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page