Crackers - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Beginner

I'm looking for cheese free crackers with no hfcs hydrogenated oils or soybean oil if possible. I got world table from walmart, cornbread crackers, and they say at the end contains milk wheat, may contain traces of soy even though those ingredients aren't listed. Wth?

I used to avoid soy but ill consume a little if its organic and fermented lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

I'm looking for cheese free crackers with no hfcs hydrogenated oils or soybean oil if possible. I got world table from walmart, cornbread crackers, and they say at the end contains milk wheat, may contain traces of soy even though those ingredients aren't listed. Wth?

What's the ingredients list or a link to the ingredients list?

I believe everything.
#3 Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Back to Nature has about 6 different crackers that WM carries. No HFCS or dairy. Also you can buy Triscuits in many of the flavors with neither of those things either.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

the trace ingredients are mainly for allergy purposes. Most vegan brands don't use dedicated machinery, so vegan foods may have been processed after other foods with dairy, or nuts in them, therefore the risk of allergens remains. *Most* vegans don't worry about the trace ingredients not listed in the actual list of ingred.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

#5 Old 06-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a cheese free cracker, although I prefer the term "Caucasian American" :P

Tam! RUGH!
#6 Old 06-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Omg!

#7 Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Kashi! The Heart-to-Heart ones (look like Triscuits) are both vegan and free of soy. They're made with expeller-pressed canola oil, and come in two flavors - original and roasted garlic. The garlic is my favorite. I believe a few of their TLC (tasty little crackers) varieties are also soy-free, but not all of them are. I forget which because I don't eat them much. The Heart-to-Heart ones are definitely safe, though.

Also, several varieties of Carr's water crackers are soy-free. Stop and Shop has a store brand of similar ones that are soy-free also.

My soy allergy doesn't usually come in handy around this site, so answering this was a little exciting for me Hah.
#8 Old 06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

Back to Nature has about 6 different crackers that WM carries. No HFCS or dairy. Also you can buy Triscuits in many of the flavors with neither of those things either.

Yes, I LOVE the Back to Nature brand! The Poppy Thyme flavour is my favourite^^

"You know I'm a radical."
#9 Old 06-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyface View Post

Yes, I LOVE the Back to Nature brand! The Poppy Thyme flavour is my favourite^^

I'm hooked on the stone ground wheat with flax...yummy!

#10 Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Beginner

walmart has a brand that looks kindof international, i forget the name but the cornbread crackers were good. it's in the same section as back to nature

#11 Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Beginner

Dammit, I thought this was a thread about swimsuit models or something.

Jacobs for me.

Tumblr: http://grubnutter.tumblr.com/
Twitter: 666Cookie666
Facebook: Steffen Cook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page