My vegan breakfast, lunch, and dinner - Page 12 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

#331 Old 07-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Gah! I'm like the worst vegan ever. You all put so much more effort into your meals than I do. To quote a friend of mine, "I like my meals the same as my women. Fast, cheap, and easy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchen View Post

Gah! I'm like the worst vegan ever. You all put so much more effort into your meals than I do. To quote a friend of mine, "I like my meals the same as my women. Fast, cheap, and easy!"

Oh my! Well, I do have my days were I'll cheat and just put some Gardein tenders into the oven along with some sliced sweet potato (to make fries) and just add some fruit or a raw vegetable, and call it dinner. I eat whole foods most of the time, but there are moments when I don't feel like cooking (and then doing the subsequent cleaning). A little vegan takeout or some junk (or a combination of the two) isn't bad occasionally, it's just best for health not to make it a habit.

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#333 Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post

Dinner: Chilli with falafel.

lick.gif That meal looks lovely.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#334 Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

lick.gif That meal looks lovely.

I think it's really tasty - and made even more lovely by the fact it takes five minutes from start to finish smiley.gif

So I snapped my Sunday meals, there were just the two of them then all the naughty snacks I didn't photograph. 

Brunch (mushroom - duh - baked beans, hash browns, glamorgan style sausage and, to make up for the shop-bought stuff, my first ever tofu scramble)

Dinner (Chef Chloe creamy pumpkin penne with crispy sage and toasted pecans, minus the sage leaves because the supermarket didn't have any fresh stuff)

#335 Old 07-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Dinner (Chef Chloe creamy pumpkin penne with crispy sage and toasted pecans, minus the sage leaves because the supermarket didn't have any fresh stuff)

This dish looks absolutely delicious! Fresh sage (especially fried fresh sage or brown "butter" sage) is a traditional pairing with creamy pasta dishes. Dried or rubbed sage doesn't quite work as well because the flavor of fresh sage is different from dried. Is that recipe posted on Chef Chloe's blog/website? 

Aristedebook2.gif

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#336 Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 AM

Yeah I love the whole ravioli and sage butter combination, haven't tried to make it since going vegan though - maybe I'll do that next when I can locate some fresher ingredients.

The recipe is on her website, here http://chefchloe.com/entrees/creamy-pumpkin-penne-with-crispy-sage-and-toasted-pecans.html

I left out the agave due to a family member's needs and had to use the suggested roasted butternut squash since it's near impossible to find canned pumpkin here (my dad refused to believe it exists since the concept is so alien to us). Her's looks a lot better than mine but I still enjoyed it. 

Aristede likes this.
#337 Old 07-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah I love the whole ravioli and sage butter combination, haven't tried to make it since going vegan though - maybe I'll do that next when I can locate some fresher ingredients.

The recipe is on her website, here http://chefchloe.com/entrees/creamy-pumpkin-penne-with-crispy-sage-and-toasted-pecans.html

I left out the agave due to a family member's needs and had to use the suggested roasted butternut squash since it's near impossible to find canned pumpkin here (my dad refused to believe it exists since the concept is so alien to us). Her's looks a lot better than mine but I still enjoyed it. 

In Chicago, you can find canned pumpkin all of the time, though I'll admit it's not my favorite. I don't often make recipes using pumpkin, but if it's out of season, I'll substitute butternut squash or sweet potato.

Aristedechef.gif

#338 Old 07-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Not being able to find it makes me want to try it! One day...

And just to stay on topic I photographed my very strange dinner tonight (next time I post in here it'll be three meals, honest!):

Pea and basil risotto, falafel, avocado and hummus should have been it, but my dad was having chips and I couldn't resist a too-large handful to dip in hummus

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#339 Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Went to Leona's and got the Vegetarian Feast Salad with Roasted Italian Tofu and Italian Dressing. Yum! 

That was enough for both lunch and dinner! 

For my dessert, I had a piece of vegan coconut cake from Soul Vegetarian East. It didn't photography nicely, but it was tasty.

Well, that was dessert for the week! 

Aristedebook2.gif

#340 Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday's lunch: Roasted Veggie Sandwich with Food for Life Bread (smeared with avocado); homemade paprika crisps, grapes, oatmeal raisin cookie from Alternative Baking Company, and water.

It was good.

Aristedebook2.gif

#341 Old 07-31-2013, 01:51 PM

I had a green smoothie for breakfast. i love green smoothies but this one wasnt so great lol.  it had a banana and a clementine and dark lettuce and a few grapes and almond milk.  i think it wasnt that great because the banana wasn't ripe yet. i drank it anyway haha

lunch: a tortilla with zucchini/summer squash/arugula/tomatoes and hummus. - THAT was good! :)

dont know about dinner yet :)

#342 Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

OMG this thread is a thing of beauty. drool.gif
Kath likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#343 Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siah View Post

I had a green smoothie for breakfast. i love green smoothies but this one wasnt so great lol.  it had a banana and a clementine and dark lettuce and a few grapes and almond milk.  i think it wasnt that great because the banana wasn't ripe yet. i drank it anyway haha

lunch: a tortilla with zucchini/summer squash/arugula/tomatoes and hummus. - THAT was good! :)

dont know about dinner yet :)

just had dinner...

another tortilla with hummus, guacamole, arugula and a hemp and veggie burger - so good! :)

Werewolf Girl and Kath like this.
#344 Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I'm not a huge photo pic person, but I make this about once a week and had to whip out my iPhone camera to take a pic of it.

It's a vegan shepherd's pie made with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.

Tam

#345 Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammay View Post

Ok, I'm not a huge photo pic person, but I make this about once a week and had to whip out my iPhone camera to take a pic of it.

It's a vegan shepherd's pie made with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.

Tam

how do you make it?  Looks yummy :)

#346 Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Lunch and dinner today:

Spicy mango tempeh with lemony courgette ribbons and tomato

Steamed broccoli and cauliflower with noochy sauce and cubes of smoked cheeze, balsamic glazed mushrooms and a Fry's schnitzel

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#347 Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Beanitarian

Spicy Cha-Cha from Loving Hut.  (like breaded "shrimp")

Beanitarian.
#348 Old 08-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh boy did I eat awesomely today.

We went to grab a box of vegan donuts for the kids at Red Rabbit:

From top left, that is a fluffer nutter donut, a vanilla lavender, and a glazed donut. Not pictured was the raspberry jelly filled.

We took the donuts down the street to our favorite vegan taco food truck. Me and my husband gorged on Tofu scramble, potato, tempeh bacon, and avocado breakfast tacos, with creamy chipotle sauce.

After wanting to nap for the rest of the day and a quick trip to whole foods, I got to work on making this fabulous grain bowl:

This is quinoa, sweet potato, red cabbage, scallion, kale, and sunflower kernels. There is a side of lemon cilantro cashew cheese. I almost died eating it.

Also, I made a lemon drop sake punch to go with it. Just shake up sake, basil leaves, juice of 2 lemons, agave syrup, and ice. Strain and pour.

What a fun food day! Wanted to share.

Aristede, Werewolf Girl and Kath like this.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#349 Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

Oh boy did I eat awesomely today.

We went to grab a box of vegan donuts for the kids at Red Rabbit:

From top left, that is a fluffer nutter donut, a vanilla lavender, and a glazed donut. Not pictured was the raspberry jelly filled.

I love donuts. Unfortunately, no vegan doughnuts can be found on my side of town. I hear Austin is a great city for vegans and vegetarians. Hmm...doughnuts.....

As for me, this is what I've been noshing on yesterday and today: 

Mayacoba Bean and Veggie Burritos. The featured veggies include courgettes. carrots, chilies, and bell peppers. I also threw some seasoned rice into the mix, fresh tomatoes, alfalfa, spinach, some zesty salsa, a twist of lime, and some Valentina Salsa Picante! 

Aristedebook2.gif

#350 Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I  love this thread SO much! It's great! :D

Breakfast: A huge tofu scramble with broccoli, tomato, bell pepper, spinach and mushroom topped with homemade TVP bacon

Dinner: Steamed broccoli topped with the 'Lentil and Bacon Pot O'Stew' from the cookbook 'Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites', along with some delicious tomatoes

AppleMark

Dessert: A single-serving German Chocolate Cake with raw vanilla frosting and some coconut. Recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie

Aaaaaand some vegan chocolate stout!!! ...I really felt like that line needed to be all glorified, because it was amazing! So long since I've had some proper dark ale that was vegan!

AppleMark

#351 Old 08-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

*slow clap*

I don't even know where to begin with this thread, you guys are KILLING ME! bigcry.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#352 Old 08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That looks wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

*slow clap*

I don't even know where to begin with this thread, you guys are KILLING ME! bigcry.gif

I know! I had chips with ketchup for dinner tonight blush.gif *must try harder* tongue3.gif

#353 Old 08-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Beanitarian

Spicy Cha-Cha from this menu.  It's like fried, breaded shrimp without the meaty flavor, which is what I look for in a meat substitute.  Very good.

Hibiscus iced tea.

Aristede likes this.

Beanitarian.
#354 Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

Spicy Cha-Cha from this menu.  It's like fried, breaded shrimp without the meaty flavor, which is what I look for in a meat substitute.  Very good.

Hibiscus iced tea.

That's an awesome menu! It has a lot of diversity and the prices are pretty decent! The same dishes in Chicago would cost at least $10 dollars easily. 

Aristedebook2.gif

#355 Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: oat-banana-date smoothie topped with generous amounts of cashews and granola

Dinner: steamed broccoli with baked sweet potato, marinated tofu and a drizzle of vegan cheddar

#356 Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: my breakfast smoothie: Banana, frozen mango, pineapple, peaches, raspberries, oats, maca, ginko, oj and coconut milk

Lunch: my lunch smoothie: an apple, frozen cherries, blueberries, spinach, cashews, chia seeds, raw cacao powder, apple juice

Dinner:

Grain bowl and a cocktail wink3.gif

This was brown rice, topped with sesame garlic tempeh, a salad of shredded carrots, red and green peppers, red cabbage, scallions, roasted peanuts, and a red curry peanut sauce.

The cocktail was a watermelon sake punch. Watermelon, frozen raspberries, mint, lime juice, sake- blended. Yum.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
#357 Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Green smoothie made with banana, frozen tropical fruit, flax, spinach and dates topped with granola

Lunch: Detox salad from Oh, She Glows, served with some crackerbread with homemade apple jam, apple slices and cinnamon

Dinner: Seitan burger on French artisan bread, served with a steamed kale and chickpea salad and a Fentiman's Ginger Beer

#358 Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

B: Forgot to take picture, but was a chocolate oatmeal creation! Delicious!

L: Stir-fry of kale, broccoli, mushroom, carrot, celery, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, nooch, topped with a mole sauce and a handful of chickpeas

D: African Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew from Vegan Planet

'IckenNoodleSoup likes this.
#359 Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Brecky (no pic): 

Organic sugar-free Bran Flakes w. raisins and organic unsweetened soya milk

OJ

Lunch (no pic): 

Celery and Brown Basmati Soup (was yumyum)

Dinner:

Red Bean Chilli w. sweetcorn, mixed peppers, bulgar wheat, chocolate & smokey chipotle paste

White basmati rice (I still haven't cooked cornbread muffins to go with chilli)

(tomato and red onion salad on the side)

AppleMark

Pud:

Strawberry Fool (easy peasy to make - fresh strawbs, silken tofu and topped with oat cream; see here:

https://www.veggieboards.com/t/142116/online-recipe-scrapbook/50_10#post_3244404

AppleMark

Kath likes this.

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#360 Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'IckenNoodleSoup View Post

Pud:

Strawberry Fool (easy peasy to make - fresh strawbs, silken tofu and topped with oat cream; see here:

https://www.veggieboards.com/t/142116/online-recipe-scrapbook/50_10#post_3244404

AppleMark

That looks so good drool.gif

'IckenNoodleSoup likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page