Vegan starbucks drinks? - Page 29 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#841 Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTears View Post

@danakscully64 I don't buy everything vegan certified either, I was only referring to buying things that clearly say they contain ingredients which can come from animal source.

Yes, it would be nice if they were more specific. I understand in this case though since they have to protect their secrets at some level. It would be great if they could just tell us if they're from an animal source though. Don't they have to list if they come from an allergen?

Can I ask another question? Do they use one brand of soy milk or just whatever they can get locally right now? I know there was at least one brand that wasn't vegan so I'd be curious as to what they're using.

I think companies should be able to tell its customers if there are any specific food items in there for allergy sake and whether the product is vegan or not. I know that with so many companies, ingredients change based on availability and that's why they don't list every ingredient. I don't think that's the case with Starbucks syrups (otherwise quality would be affected), but it's possible. The issue with allegen lists is they don't have every food item. Many people are allergic to foods that don't fall into the top allergy lists. I had a customer the other day allergic to onions. Think about all of the "natural flavors" in food that may contain onions or onion powder. That sucks.

Starbucks only uses their own soy milk smiley.gif It's a vanilla kind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#842 Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 AM

@Kari Thanks. Here are the ingredients by email I got if anyone's interested:

Quote:

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

To answer your inquiry, I have included the entire ingredient list for the Soy milk used in our location. I hope this is helpful.

Organic Vanilla Flavored Enriched Soymilk (offered in US Company Operated locations): Organic Soymilk (filtered water, whole organic soybeans), Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Vanilla Flavor with other Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12

Nutrition (per 1 cup serving): Cal 130; total fat 4g; sodium 95mg; carb 16g; fiber 1g; protein 7g

*According to the manufacturer, there is no meat/dairy or meat/dairy derivatives found in this product

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Althea M

customer service

Along with another auto reply and one pointing to the site for ingredients.

But we're not talking about cross-contamination, what comes into contact with the food, but what is added as a regular ingredient. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know what's going into my body. I have all the time in the world, this is a little project of mine, nothing wrong with trying to find out what comes from an animal source and what doesn't.

@danakscully64 That's true, people have all sorts of allergies. I can understand why companies want to keep it secret though. It would suck if you had one of those rare allergies and couldn't have anything because you don't know what's in it :(

And thanks, I was going to watch them make it but I lost track. I saw a container on the counter that looked like it though and it tasted like soy to me, so I think we're good. Starbucks' baristas seem to know what they're doing.

I got my soy mocha frap, no whip the day before yesterday:

It was pretty good, although a little watery and lacking in flavor. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be like. My dad had a strawberries and creme frap and one more for the road and we also brought one home for my mom. Who also liked it. He wants to try a cappuccino next, any suggestions? I want to try the green tea frap, even though I may not like it, haha. And I think I'm going to get a card.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" - Star Wars
#843 Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

uh oh! They've created a monster --> "..think I'm going to get a card."

hehehe

I'm honestly not so keen on the mocha frap. It's not chocolately enough for me, although I guess you could always ask for more chocolate sauce.

I like the caramel frap much better ^.^ and the coconut mocha of course.

uh oh

Think I need to go get me a frap now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#844 Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

@Kari Thanks. Here are the ingredients by email I got if anyone's interested:

Along with another auto reply and one pointing to the site for ingredients.

But we're not talking about cross-contamination, what comes into contact with the food, but what is added as a regular ingredient. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know what's going into my body. I have all the time in the world, this is a little project of mine, nothing wrong with trying to find out what comes from an animal source and what doesn't.

@danakscully64 That's true, people have all sorts of allergies. I can understand why companies want to keep it secret though. It would suck if you had one of those rare allergies and couldn't have anything because you don't know what's in it :(

And thanks, I was going to watch them make it but I lost track. I saw a container on the counter that looked like it though and it tasted like soy to me, so I think we're good. Starbucks' baristas seem to know what they're doing.

I got my soy mocha frap, no whip the day before yesterday:

It was pretty good, although a little watery and lacking in flavor. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be like. My dad had a strawberries and creme frap and one more for the road and we also brought one home for my mom. Who also liked it. He wants to try a cappuccino next, any suggestions? I want to try the green tea frap, even though I may not like it, haha. And I think I'm going to get a card.

I knew the soy milk was vegan, it's rare to find soy milk that isn't. What brand isn't safe?

I feel the same way about the mocha, it's lacking flavor. That's why I prefer the Mocha Coconut, it has more sweetness. I tried the green tea frap and I swear it tasted like liquid seaweed to me. I had a coworker of mine tell me it tastes like grass if you use too much powder (she worked at a frozen yogurt shop that used the powder). I think it's a possibility that the green tea frap I tried had too much powder in it. Some of the ladies here love it, I couldn't drink it. You know what I think the best one ever is? Cinnamon Dolce (no sprinkles, they aren't vegan). Absolutely AMAZING. Heavenly. To die for grin.gif

Get a card? Welcome to the obsessed club! tongue3.gif

#845 Old 07-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

uh oh! They've created a monster --> "..think I'm going to get a card."

hehehe

I'm honestly not so keen on the mocha frap. It's not chocolately enough for me, although I guess you could always ask for more chocolate sauce.

I like the caramel frap much better ^.^ and the coconut mocha of course.

uh oh

Think I need to go get me a frap now...

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my views on the Mocha. The flavor really is lacking, I think it's more sweetness than chocolate. I bet it would be good if you added a pump of simple syrup.

I love the caramel frapp. Mocha Coconut is heavenly!

#846 Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

The last 4 days in a row I've been at Starbucks tongue3.gif My latest addiction, Iced coffee. I get a tall iced coffee with extra soy milk and cinnamon dolce syrup. If I stay in the building and drink it, I can get a FREE refill using my gold card (green card gets it too, only need 5 stars to get green status). So I pay $1.95 and get 24 ounces of drink. The iced coffee also uses less sugar than the frappuccinos, a huge plus.

Got a new dress too grin.gif I love that it's retro.

#847 Old 07-28-2012, 12:56 PM

I always get a venti coffee, two shots (maybe three), with soy and two splendas. That **** just gets my day going. I get that iced or hot depending on my mood. I've never liked hot coffee so usually always iced.

There are drawbacks of course. My church will not ressurect your dead hamster.
I am not Jesus Christ, but I can turn water into Koolaid.My church is like Jimmy Jones and totally cult and EVERYONE drinks the Koolaid and EVERYBODY dies, but for some people it doesn't kick in until they're 105 and...
#848 Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadisTheVeganZombie View Post

I always get a venti coffee, two shots (maybe three), with soy and two splendas. That **** just gets my day going. I get that iced or hot depending on my mood. I've never liked hot coffee so usually always iced.

Holy crap, a venti coffee PLUS two shots of espresso?

#849 Old 07-28-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Holy crap, a venti coffee PLUS two shots of espresso?

I like to hit the sauce hard. It feels soooooooooo goooooooood coursing through my veins. *shiver*

I am not Jesus Christ, but I can turn water into Koolaid.My church is like Jimmy Jones and totally cult and EVERYONE drinks the Koolaid and EVERYBODY dies, but for some people it doesn't kick in until they're 105 and...
#850 Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadisTheVeganZombie View Post

I like to hit the sauce hard. It feels soooooooooo goooooooood coursing through my veins. *shiver*

And you're still alive? tongue3.gif A venti iced coffee with soy milk has more caffeine than 2 Red Bulls, with no espresso. That's insane.

#851 Old 07-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:

And you're still alive? tongue3.gif A venti iced coffee with soy milk has more caffeine than 2 Red Bulls, with no espresso. That's insane.

It does? dancingbanana.gifWewt!

#852 Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 PM

@vMaryv I am Starbucks addict hear me RAAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!

Hey now, I was very aware of how addicting it is and I was almost certain I would like it. I give myself applause for only buying one grande the first time. :)

@danakscully64 There was one around here that wasn't because of the vitamin D3 in it that was derived from lanolin. So we still can't be sure just from those ingredients. That drink looks and sounds delicious, and at a much better price too! I might have to steal that idea someday. ;)

How do you pronounce dolce? Haha, I think my mom would like that. She loooves cinnamon.

Awesome picture, love the dress! It looks great on you.

You guys, I liked the mocha! Regardless of my comments, I think it's going to be my drink. (:

I want to try the green tea, I'm just too curious about it. If I don't like it oh well. You probably did just get a bad drink, maybe you could try again sometime when you get a chance?

Also, I think JadisTheVeganZombie is going to be headed to the ER soon.

#853 Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

@danakscully64 There was one around here that wasn't because of the vitamin D3 in it that was derived from lanolin. So we still can't be sure just from those ingredients. That drink looks and sounds delicious, and at a much better price too! I might have to steal that idea someday. ;)

How do you pronounce dolce? Haha, I think my mom would like that. She loooves cinnamon.

Awesome picture, love the dress! It looks great on you.

You guys, I liked the mocha! Regardless of my comments, I think it's going to be my drink. (:

I want to try the green tea, I'm just too curious about it. If I don't like it oh well. You probably did just get a bad drink, maybe you could try again sometime when you get a chance?

Also, I think JadisTheVeganZombie is going to be headed to the ER soon.

I figured it was the D3 and I keep hearing about it, but can't find any information about it. I read that 8th Continent used to not be vegan, but it is now (yay).

I've heard employees pronounce it two ways: Dol-chay and Dol-say. It pretty much tastes like a cinnamon roll to me, but better. I had it today. I have 3 bottles in my pantry.

Thank you! I saw the dress and just had to have it. I'm not even one of those clothes-crazy girls, usually I don't get excited about buying new clothes. I love vintage looking things. grin.gif

I was planning on trying the Green Tea frapp (easy green tea) during the last Happy Hour event, but never did. Someday I'll give it another try. I LOVE green tea ice cream, I was bummed when my drink was so bad. Just go one day and order one of everything vegan, then report back with pictures and comments tongue3.gif

#854 Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Just go one day and order one of everything vegan, then report back with pictures and comments tongue3.gif

I second this ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#855 Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

**** SPLENDA

I've been getting venti iced coffees with soy and classic syrup.

ps- dana you're gorg and the dress looks perfect on you. Move to jersey so we can be bffs<3 hahaha

#856 Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

**** SPLENDA

I've been getting venti iced coffees with soy and classic syrup.

ps- dana you're gorg and the dress looks perfect on you. Move to jersey so we can be bffs<3 hahaha

Yay! I try to avoid artificial sweetener, I'd rather have real sugar like what's in the syrups. I'm sitting in Starbucks right now with an iced coffee with extra soy and cinnamon dolce syrup.

blush.gif Thanks. Or you could move to So Cal and we can be besties here. Just saying. smiley.gif

#857 Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 AM

@danakscully54 I was thinking 8th Continent was the one here that wasn't vegan. I actually just saw it here and noticed it is now vegan and bought a box. I wonder how long it's been changed? D3 was always from animals, D2 was not. Now I hear there is a vegan form of D3 as well.

K, thank you! You must really love cinnamon. xD

I love new clothes AND vintage things. :)

@vMaryv Bahaha, I WISH! That would be fun. I think the baristas would hate me. No tip. ;)

@jessickah thumbsup.gif

Gonna try to go to Starbucks today. (:

#858 Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

@danakscully54 I was thinking 8th Continent was the one here that wasn't vegan. I actually just saw it here and noticed it is now vegan and bought a box. I wonder how long it's been changed? D3 was always from animals, D2 was not. Now I hear there is a vegan form of D3 as well.

K, thank you! You must really love cinnamon. xD

I love new clothes AND vintage things. :)

@vMaryv Bahaha, I WISH! That would be fun. I think the baristas would hate me. No tip. ;)

@jessickah thumbsup.gif

Gonna try to go to Starbucks today. (:

I'm glad they changed it, yay! I actually just had 8th Continent in my fridge, finished it up though. It was one of the flavors I tried on my journey through seeing what's best in coffee.

What's funny is I'm not a big fan of cinnamon at all, but the cinnamon dolce has such a good flavor. Drinking it now. Nom nom nom.

I want to replace my wardrobe with vintage clothes, but that would be too expensive tongue3.gif Forever 21 has a vintage section, I love it.

#859 Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

I WOULD LOVE TO MOVE TO CAL.

a girl can dream... *sigh*

I'm going to ask the guys to check the strawberry box for meeee.

#860 Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

I WOULD LOVE TO MOVE TO CAL.

a girl can dream... *sigh*

I'm going to ask the guys to check the strawberry box for meeee.

If you ever visit, hit me up smiley.gif

#861 Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

slightly off topic and weird

Just because ShadowTears mentioned tipping I realized I haven't been tipping since I've been using my Starbucks card exclusively.. Now I feel a little horrible!!

#862 Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM

@danakscully64 Did you like it? I still like Silk better. Need to try some others too. And I'm not a fan of rice or almond milk.

Aww, well it must be the combination of whatever's in it. I want to try a cinnamon dolce frappuccino now, haha.

One piece at a time my friend! :p I buy alot from Forever 21, not so much the vintage stuff though.

@vMaryv Yikes, you're in trouuuuble. grin.gif

I don't know about tipping there, I gave them a dollar when I went and so did my father. Another dollar each time is quite alot there since it's already so costly.

I didn't go, another bad day.

#863 Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

deleted
#864 Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

FYI, Starbucks will be changing their Rewards program next month. Soy milk (and syrup shots) will NO LONGER BE FREE with a Gold level membership. I confirmed this today with a Starbucks employee.
http://starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_/2012/09/exclusive-big-changes-coming-to-the-starbucks-rewards-program.html

THAT IS ****ING BULL****!

good thing I just got the keurig platinum :)

#865 Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Dislike, that was the whole reason I got their stupid card no.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#866 Old 09-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Lets keep posting on Starbucks FB page. I think it's BS too. That's the only reason I registered my card in the first place and bought so many drinks to reach Gold Status. I can't believe they're completely changing the program now. I bet a lot of Gold members feel burned.

#867 Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Beginner

Wow, what a rip off.

It's not only the main reason I registered my card... It's the main reason I go to Starbucks over other coffee shops. They just lost their biggest advantage with me.

#868 Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

The Starbucks page is now flooded with upset people.

#869 Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:

The Starbucks page is now flooded with upset people.

HAHAHAHA AT THE DUMB PEOPLE SAYING VEGANS SHOULD PAY FOR SOY, BUT NOT THE LACTOSE-INTOLERANT.

cannot deal with society.

#870 Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganshaveheart View Post

HAHAHAHA AT THE DUMB PEOPLE SAYING VEGANS SHOULD PAY FOR SOY, BUT NOT THE LACTOSE-INTOLERANT.

cannot deal with society.

seriously. -_-;; if anything they should charge more for cow milk, especially if we're supposed to cut down on animal consumption by 2050.

All we are is dust in the wind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page