Oh to be a girl and vegan! - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

#91 Old 11-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Menstrual cup?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup

Or do what I did once when I had literally no money, a week before I would get my monthly income. Cut an old and not so good loking towel in 4 pieces and put them in your panties and laundry them after you have used them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 11-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa4 View Post
I really don't have anything to say to you if you won't try menstrual cups, as an environmentalist. Enjoy your toxic shock, vaginal dryness, and creation of unsustainable waste....menstrual cups are ridiculously clean and sterile as long as you carry mild soap And aren't too neurotic to stick your fingers in your own vagina. Carry bottled water in a Nalgene bottle for awkward public restroom situations, and use cloth pads for heavy days, which you can throw into the laundry. I really don't care to hear your excuses.
Holy crap, check your privilege.

Start with compassion, always. You don't know any of us or the valid and legitimate choices people make. Just because something works for you, does not mean it works for everyone.

"I really don't care to hear your excuses" is a very rude and closed-door way to approach people and life. Maybe if you really did care to hear people's reasons, you might learn that not everyone lives the life you do or experiences it the same way.

Perhaps you should start with "I really do care," and go from there. . .

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#93 Old 11-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Holy crap, check your privilege.

Start with compassion, always. You don't know any of us or the valid and legitimate choices people make. Just because something works for you, does not mean it works for everyone.

"I really don't care to hear your excuses" is a very rude and closed-door way to approach people and life. Maybe if you really did care to hear people's reasons, you might learn that not everyone lives the life you do or experiences it the same way.

Perhaps you should start with "I really do care," and go from there. . .

Lol ...my privilege? Menstrual cups and cloth pads are more cost effective than disposable products, and have been recommended ironically to homeless women and impoverished women in developing countries, as well as to women in the military.

Honestly I didn't like her tone in the OP like she's totally closed off to using anything other than tampons, she didn't reveal any medical condition that would prevent her from using a menstrual cup or cloth pad.

Yeah, I'm honestly tired of hearing people's first world lazy entitled excuses about why they can't do small things to balance their enormous, exploitative consumption in the world. So check your privilege indeed!

I could have been "nicer" about it, but it would probably just enable someone who is already closed off to the idea for no apparent reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 11-12-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa4 View Post
Lol ...my privilege?
Yeah, your privilege. Your snotty tone to someone you don't know, as though she approached only you for advice, was arrogant and juvenile.

Quote:
Honestly I didn't like her tone in the OP like she's totally closed off to using anything other than tampons, she didn't reveal any medical condition that would prevent her from using a menstrual cup or cloth pad.
Why on earth do you think the OP has to disclose her medical history on a public forum? And so what if she chooses something different from you? Your response would be hilarious in its egotism if you weren't also posting harmful things on this forum.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm honestly tired of hearing people's first world lazy entitled excuses about why they can't do small things to balance their enormous, exploitative consumption in the world. So check your privilege indeed!

I could have been "nicer" about it, but it would probably just enable someone who is already closed off to the idea for no apparent reason.
What a pity you were never taught manners or kindness. Perhaps your feeble attempt at diagnosing someone you don't know is just a mirror.
River and Beautiful Joe like this.
#95 Old 11-15-2015, 01:11 AM
adapt. evolve. become

I tried using a diva cup and it leaked every time. I guess I wasn't good at using it. It was uncomfortable.

All we are is dust in the wind
#96 Old 11-15-2015, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Huntress View Post
I tried using a diva cup and it leaked every time. I guess I wasn't good at using it. It was uncomfortable.
It takes a while to get the hang of putting it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page