I'm a little tired of this question about being vegetarian. Recently it was girl who, when she found out I wasn't going to the Christmas dinner with the rest of my colleagues and when I explained that there wouldn't be much for me to eat at that dinner said
- Ah yes, that's right you're vegetarian, now I remember. But, there should be lots for you to eat then, there will be lots of fish. You eat fish, don't you?
- Can't say I do, actually.
- What, are you vegan (said almost in disgust) or something (possibly terrorist)?
- Well, actually I am but being vegetarian is enough not to eat fish you know.
- What are you saying? I have a friend who is vegetarian but she eats fish (said with the tone of "she ain't crazy like you").
- Well, maybe your firend and I should have a talk about the meaning of those words one day, I said with a smile.
Now, this was not a hostile conversation. She's a good friend, funny and ok to work with. But just like so many people she has no clue what all those words mean.