vegan acne care products for oily acne prone skin - suggestions? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Beginner

So I have very oily skin and usually my face is clear of crazy acne but there are always little bumps that keep me from having smooth skin. Nothing noticeable from far away usually but still my skin is very oily. My main problem is my back. I have bacne and it sucks and its so gross especially me being a girl. My chest is pretty clear usually. One or two pimples may pop up sometimes though. Anyway I have some benzoyle peroxide wash for my back that I got from the dermatologist and never used but I don't think its vegan. I'm going to use it because well its just sitting here but I wanted something vegan to fall back on. Also what is a good vegan face wash and toner and maybe spot treatment for oily skin? I use proactiv right now and its OK. I know its vegan but its also expensive lol should I just stick with proactiv?

**"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 PM

Hi there, I also have had acne but i started to use Arbonne FC5 products for face and body, they are fantastic, yes pricey but well worth it also they last a long time as they are so concentrated you only need a small amount i have had a shower set for 3 months and it has only just run out, contact me if you like and i can get you some more information. i wish you well and have given you some additional info below about the company.

Arbonne International offers superior products, a blend of innovative, effective premium skin and body care products.

Arbonne Product lines include:

- Revolutionary anti-aging products
- Pure Swiss skin care
- Superior Cosmetics - Beauty with benefits
- Botanically based Face and body care using Fresh Cell technology (FC5)
- Arbonne Baby Care products
- Men’s line of anti-ageing products

Plus, all of the products are:

- Vegan certified
- Never tested on animals and do not contain animal derived ingredients or animal by-products
- Botanical & herbal based
- Hypoallergenic
- Dermatologist tested
- Free of chemical dyes, mineral oils & fragrances

Contact me to find out more details.
#3 Old 08-29-2010, 06:20 PM

I recently got a perscription for 5% benzoyl peroxide-erythromycin from a dermatologist. All the ingredients are vegan, it's cheap ($15.00 for a month 1/2 supply) and it's worked very well.

If you are using a medication like benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil or salicylic acid you don't need a fancy medicated face wash on top of it-- just a gentle soap for cleansing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I use St. Ives or Dermalogica, but it's kind of expensive. Their whole line, except for 2 products are vegan. Their Intensive Moisture Masque and Gentle Soothing Booster contain honey.

http://www.dermalogica.com/us
#5 Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I use St. Ives as well and I bath myself with a loofa... and after bath I use body lotion

Vegards,
Yen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.facebook.yenhowell.com

Twitter: @yenhowell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page