A Vegan Lip Balm? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Hey Everyone!

I really need a lip balm because my lips get extremely dry and cracked. I am willing to shop online but would prefer if it came from Canada. It just seems like it would be simpler. Has anyone come across any Vegan lip balms?? Does anyone have any recommendations???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM

I don't know about Canada, but definitely check out Crazy Rumors. It is the best lip balm/chapstick I have ever used- vegan or non-vegan. Plus they have an awesome variety of fun flavours.
#3 Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I've found Merry Hempsters lip balm at Planet Organic and other Canadian health food stores. I've also had luck dabbing organic rose hip oil on my lips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha' date='26 June 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1277527615' post='2664785 View Post

I've found Merry Hempsters lip balm at Planet Organic and other Canadian health food stores. I've also had luck dabbing organic rose hip oil on my lips.

Thanks!! I'll definitely check that out. So far it's the only one I've seen that doesn't have a candy or chocolate flavor. I don't really like that. Plus I like that you can get many at once, 24 actually.
#5 Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

In the UK some stores do own-brand petrolium jelly (the same stuff that;s in vaseline), which is what I rely on
#6 Old 06-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Banned

Vaseline isn't vegan??
#7 Old 06-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular

^ A wild guess would be animal testing? Vaseline/ripoffs give me spots round my mouth so I dont use it.

I like the Crazy Rumors ones. Amaretto and Baileys favourite lip balm, wooooow! Does that count as candy flavour? hehe. Most vegan stuff I've tried has a horrible texture, but this one doesnt. I have to order it online though which is annoying.
#8 Old 06-26-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret' date='26 June 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1277553840' post='2664842 View Post

I have to order it online though which is annoying.

That's why I like the idea of Merry Hempsters. You can order 24 at a time online. I'd have some for quite a while.

Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to get lemon-lime, orange or Cinnamon.

Do they taste good? Since I'd have to get 24 at a time that isn't cheap. I don't want to waste 40$.
#9 Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM

I bought one from Planet Organic. It's a little too slippery for my liking but it's not bad. It's the bee free one from Eco Lips and I think it's only $3 or 4.

Eco Lips Link
#10 Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Love Merry Hempsters Vegan! I looked up vegan lipbalms online and thought all Merry Hemps were vegan- I bought it at a natural food store and found I got a rep. after I used it. I went back and sure enough, they look much the same except for the word vegan, and I think all vegans had white caps.

The vegan one is SO much better! It glides on, not waxy at all, and lasts. Beeswax feels so tacky and doesn't do anything to moisturize.

I got cinnamon - it's pretty strong, and not sweet. Even has a nice tingle when you first apply. A nice sheen too

Makes me wonder again, why use unnecessary ingrediants?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#11 Old 06-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Vaseline = owned by Unilever, which some folks choose to avoid. With the normal, no added sunscreen, etc. Vaseline, it's vegan...not sure about the other varieties.

Not sure if they're north of the border yet, but Pussy Pucker Pots are nice, and they have a "plain" variety.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page