Vegan Ice Cream Recipe Needed - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-18-2010, 07:59 AM

hi- i have an ice cream maker- my son is lactose and gluten intolerant and i want to give him some ice cream- i bought some soya cream today- tiny little carton for 80p. which is way too expensive. i give him rice milk but this is too thin to make desserts from- ive noticed soya milk in general is very sweet and seems to lend itself perfectly for deserts- as you can tell i am new to vegan foods-we afre vegetarian- but vegan foods come into play when i have to cook lactose free (its all very complicated and to do with intestinal problems- genuine intolerances)ive always heard soya was hard to dgest so i never included it in our dioet- but now im thinking lactose has got to worse- well i know for a fact it is and my son needs to be free without it- it does him no good at all- honestly seriously- its no joke. i think it stems from drinking too much cows milk when he was younger-it over loaded his system- there isnt much info out there on this for young mums- its all cows milk is best kind of thing- i wish i had known more about it. once your gut flora is gone- its gone- you cantget it back in a hurry. the main thing now is to give my son foods that wont send him off to the loo 5-6 times in a night- as this is soul destroying for us both- so i digress- basically im saying that my wish to give him lactose free diet is a committed and serious one- all reasons are serious- ethical ones are serious but health issues is no joke is it. so im new to it all- would like to know how tio make things from scratch as opposed to being sucked in to buying ready made desserts id like to know how to make soya cream myself soya yopghurt soya cheese etc- its really important because i think its better home made- youahvent got additives and its half the price and i know whats in it.

so any info on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey rosilee,

first off...welcome to VB. Hope veganism works wonders to the health of your family and through education on this site, you find out how great veganism is and it sticks

Now for the soy scream...here's a website with tons of alternative ice cream recipes: Vegan Icecream Blog. It hasn't been updated for a while...but has an extensive archive collection of recipes.

There's also the book: "The Vegan Scoop" on amazon, which you might like to buy.

I'd also highly recommend buying a vegan cookbook...may I suggest "Vegan with a Vengeance", which will have great desert recipes, that will satisfy your family's taste buds for a while, until your next cookbook purchase

g'luck with all that cookin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page