Vegan Package Exchange - The Results! - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virpukka View Post

Oh and you can also order those from here: http://www.suomikauppa.fi/index.php?...38_194&sort=2a

I think that is little bit cheaper place to order them than ebay. They also sell Fazer mignon chocolate in there and that is vegan also and SO good. It's their seasonal candy and you can get it only around eastern.

You've ruined me. But in a good way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I will say I had a lot of doubts about this, but it works and is a lot of fun. How often do these gift exchanges happen?

I'm pretty sure there will be another in the fall. After that is the Secret Santa exchange. You should join in. It's a blast.
#93 Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I'm pretty sure there will be another in the fall. After that is the Secret Santa exchange. You should join in. It's a blast.

Oh, ok. I will have to try both the autumn one, and the Christmas one. Cheers.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 05-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been reading this thread with great envy. How does one get in on it, and is it strictly vegans only or is it only the products that have to be? All those packages look amazing, and I've some great ideas for what I'd put in one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#95 Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I can only nod my head in agreement as my mouth is full of yummy vegan truffles from my gift package.

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#96 Old 05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

I've been reading this thread with great envy. How does one get in on it, and is it strictly vegans only or is it only the products that have to be? All those packages look amazing, and I've some great ideas for what I'd put in one!

Same here! I want to do the next one. Or, wait, I might not be able to do the next one (Unless they are supposed to arrive before the last 2 weeks of October), or the December one...

I believe all the items sent have to be vegan, but you don't have to be vegan. That way everyone can eat/use everything they get in their package.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#97 Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

There are a few restrictions. Typically, they are 200+ posts, been on the board 6+ months (or have participated in an exchange in the past.)

Looks like you'd be all set for whenever you want to give it a try!

And it doesn't matter if you're vegetarian or vegan (my partner this time around was a vegetarian!), but all the items in the boxes must be vegan.

Hope you'll join us, it's really REALLY fun!
#98 Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virpukka View Post

First I want to say that I'm so sorry Hekatrine that I post my picture this late. You posted wonderful package and I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to post earlier. I loved everything in it. My excuse is that my laptop got broken and I wasn't able to get this done from school's computers.

I got something what I have been wishing SO long, food thermos!! They sell those in here only in big size, what holds food for two people and I needed something what I can use daily in school to bring warm food just for me. And I got that beautiful green food thermos what works so well. I love it and I have been using it already. Really it's gift from heaven.

Then I got bag of chocolate pasta! It really was surprise, I have never even heard that there is pasta with cocoa in it. I can't wait to get to try it, thought it's something what I really want to share with my friends, I so want to see their faces when I serve it.

I also got bottle of instant chocolate powder. I haven't tried that yet but hey, it's chocolate it can't be bad.

In that small class jar is chocolate & black truffle tapenade. I haven't tasted that either yet, but I don't think there is fear that it doesn't disappear. I need to get my toaster to work first...

Lastly there was bottle of Flying Fox shower gel. It's product from Lush, and I love their stuff. The top from the cork had gotten some injuries from traveling but not too bad and everything had stayed inside that bottle. But it was wise decision to pack it into plastic bag.

So I'm really happy camper in here with my exchange package and I thank my secret friend.

Hi Virpukka. I'm so pleased that you liked your package. You probably will get addicted to the chocolate though
#99 Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

For AeryFairy, PuppetMaster, and anyone else interested. I asked this when the thread for this year's spring exchange came up and this is what MrFalafel told me. https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...=1#post2637646

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#100 Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

There are a few restrictions. Typically, they are 200+ posts, been on the board 6+ months (or have participated in an exchange in the past.)

Looks like you'd be all set for whenever you want to give it a try!

And it doesn't matter if you're vegetarian or vegan (my partner this time around was a vegetarian!), but all the items in the boxes must be vegan.

Hope you'll join us, it's really REALLY fun!

Well in that case, I'll definitely be joining in! I love making up care packages

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#101 Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

For AeryFairy, PuppetMaster, and anyone else interested. I asked this when the thread for this year's spring exchange came up and this is what MrFalafel told me. https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...=1#post2637646

Awesome awesome. Looks like I can do the Fall one, if the dates stay the same.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#102 Old 06-05-2010, 02:45 PM

this looks cool how to i become a part of the exchange?
#103 Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiman View Post

this looks cool how to i become a part of the exchange?

You have to do the hardest thing... Wait! From THIS post:

Quote:
Participation

In order to participate, members would have to meet ONE of the following requirements:

* You have at least 200 posts AND have been a member for at least 6 months

* You have participated in a past swap and sent your package ("grandfathered" in)

- If you are close to meeting the requirement (i.e. almost at 6 months and over 200 posts, or over 6 months and almost at 200 posts, send me a PM and decisions will be made on a case by case basis)

- If you don't make the cut this time, don't take it personally! We want to get to know you and participation in swaps is a reward for active board membership! Wait a bit, there will be another!

There are several exchanges... Fall, Spring, Secret Santa... So if you decide you like it here, before you know it, you'll be able to participate!
#104 Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I still have a few snacks from the from the last exchange ...so good!

...but since I am running low, maybe we need to have another one soon...

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#105 Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

I still have a few snacks from the from the last exchange ...so good!

...but since I am running low, maybe we need to have another one soon...

I finally tried the Blueberry Jalapeno preserves... so yummy on toast. I need to try glazing something with it....
#106 Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

So the next one will be in the fall? I got a little out of the loop while looking for a house, moving 12 hours away, etc...

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#107 Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 AM

Yeah. I'm going to post a thread soon, asking for some opinions. Unsticking this one.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#108 Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Let's have a Super Summer Swap!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page