Vegan Package Exchange - The Results! - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Saxy, yes it was me. I didn't even think to put my username, for some reason I had figured you knew who I was. I'm glad you liked the songs, I was hoping you would!

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I am hoping mine is delivered soon...I can't wait.

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#63 Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Would my sender mind either posting on here or sending me a pm please? I'd love to know who you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

Wait! This one's not over yet!

#65 Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 AM

AddieB, I'm glad you liked everything. I know the lube thing was a bit silly, but I love love love that I can go into Superdrug (British Walgreens, more or less) and find tons of things labeled as suitable for vegans. There were lots of gummies, I know, but when I went to get one particular kind, they were having some sort of clear out, so I loaded up! I'd not seen the baby lotion before, but when I opened it at the store, I thought it smelled exactly like Johnson's. I loved it when I was a kid. I got one for myself too, but found that it's a bit strong.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#66 Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 AM

If you're still missing a package and haven't heard anything, please let me know. No one should go without! Hekaterine, your person hasn't been online for a couple of days, so I'll give them the chance to reveal themselves for awhile yet.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#67 Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow, why didn't I take part in this?! I'm so jealous of everyone.
#68 Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I am not at home right now (family emergency) but my neighbor texted me and said that my package was delivered yesterday and she has it in her refridgerator for me. My mail lady saw that it said perishable so she delivered it to my neighbor, who has demanded a finders fee from the package

Thank you to my sender! I will be home either late tonight or early tomorrow and will rip it open and then post pictures...I can't wait!

It actually came at the perfect time for me since I really need a pick-me-up right now.

#69 Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, let's hope this works. I am going to attempt posting a photo here on these boards.

Wowee!!! It worked!!! Thanks, Saxyphonist, for the goodies. I'm enjoying them right now.
LL

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#70 Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

Would my sender mind either posting on here or sending me a pm please? I'd love to know who you are.

It's me! Sorry for just now responding, been out of town for the last week. I hope you liked the package!

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#71 Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

My sender is Kibble for Lola and WOW did she just amaze me with my package!

If you are hungry (and even if you are not ) you might want to sit down and take a few deep breaths to get yourself under control here, because I guarantee you will be craving these yummy munchies.

My amazing package contained:

Hot Chili Lollipops! Woo Hoo!

2 variety boxes full of teas so that I can try many different flavors and I can take them with me because they are individually wrapped. So cool

2 pomegranate-pecan Bora Bora bars. I have never seen these before and they look so delicious.

2 Larabars, peanut butter cookie & cashew cookie..I adore these!

2 portable squeeze packs of Peanut Butter! I have never seen these and its such a great idea! They are going in my snack box that I keep in my car.

A HUGE vanilla cleansing bar. It smells wonderful. Lightly scented and not overpowering and its just perfect.

Ok, now listen to this. This is the super best part. I got a ton of home-made goodies on top of all that! I feel so special getting home made things because time is so precious. It made my day. This has been a rough time for me lately due to some family emergencies and this made me cry happy tears. Thank you.

So here ya go. I know you are all going to be super jealous:

I got Tofu jerky! I have never even seen it much less been able to have my own and savor it! It is wonderful.

I got 6, yes thats 6! Six! 6 packages of homemade cookies!

I got 2 each of Double Chocolate Chip cookies, Double Peanut Butter cookies & Double Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. Scrumptious! Devine! So delicious. I am not sharing.

Ok, Im not done yetthis is really going to make ya jealous. I am now the proud owner of a whole tub full of homemade vegan cake truffles dipped in chocolate.

I cannot thank you enough. I am just overwhelmed by my package and the time and care you put into this for me. Thank you so very, very much.My pictures NOT do it justice and I apologize.

#72 Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM

homemade vegan cake truffles dipped in chocolate.

Oh...my....god.....

#73 Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

homemade vegan cake truffles dipped in chocolate.

Oh...my....god.....

However yummy you are imagining them to be, they are even better.

#74 Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

My sender is Kibble for Lola and WOW did she just amaze me with my package!

If you are hungry (and even if you are not ) you might want to sit down and take a few deep breaths to get yourself under control here, because I guarantee you will be craving these yummy munchies.

My amazing package contained:I got a ton of home-made goodies on top of all that! I feel so special getting home made things because time is so precious. It made my day. This has been a rough time for me lately due to some family emergencies and this made me cry happy tears. Thank you.

So here ya go. I know you are all going to be super jealous:

I got Tofu jerky! I have never even seen it much less been able to have my own and savor it! It is wonderful.

I got 6, yes thats 6! Six! 6 packages of homemade cookies!

I got 2 each of Double Chocolate Chip cookies, Double Peanut Butter cookies & Double Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. Scrumptious! Devine! So delicious. I am not sharing.

Ok, Im not done yetthis is really going to make ya jealous. I am now the proud owner of a whole tub full of homemade vegan cake truffles dipped in chocolate.

I'm just hoping KFL will be generous to share some of these recipes with us.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#75 Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Ok, let's hope this works. I am going to attempt posting a photo here on these boards.

Wowee!!! It worked!!! Thanks, Saxyphonist, for the goodies. I'm enjoying them right now.

Oooh, those cupcakes really suffered. I think I'll do cookies or something in the future.

I'm glad you liked everything, though!

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#76 Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh Almeria, thank you so much. I loved your package! I'm rationing it out in tiny bits so it lasts as long as possbile! My dog, Muffin is in love with the jerky - I only have to open it and he starts drooling
#77 Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I'm just hoping KFL will be generous to share some of these recipes with us.

I agree!
#78 Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Cowgirlup,

I am so glad you got your box and it was still edible! Haha. I had a lot of fun putting it together, and I am glad you enjoyed it.

And for those who are asking, I loosely based by truffles on bakerella's cake balls recipe, using the wacky chocolate cake recipe here in the recipe section, and the vegan buttercream recipe from VCTOTW, minus the shorting, and vegan chocolate chips melted with a tiny amount of vegetable oil to make dipping a bit easier.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#79 Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

AddieB, I'm glad you liked everything. I know the lube thing was a bit silly, but I love love love that I can go into Superdrug (British Walgreens, more or less) and find tons of things labeled as suitable for vegans. There were lots of gummies, I know, but when I went to get one particular kind, they were having some sort of clear out, so I loaded up! I'd not seen the baby lotion before, but when I opened it at the store, I thought it smelled exactly like Johnson's. I loved it when I was a kid. I got one for myself too, but found that it's a bit strong.

It's totally cool to see things labeled like that. Particularly non-food items, as they're usually the ones that give me a little bit more trouble. I'm totally jealous!
#80 Old 05-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Cowgirlup,

I am so glad you got your box and it was still edible! Haha. I had a lot of fun putting it together, and I am glad you enjoyed it.

And for those who are asking, I loosely based by truffles on bakerella's cake balls recipe, using the wacky chocolate cake recipe here in the recipe section, and the vegan buttercream recipe from VCTOTW, minus the shorting, and vegan chocolate chips melted with a tiny amount of vegetable oil to make dipping a bit easier.

I LOVE my gifts! They are so thoughful and so yummy and obviosuly made with love. Thank you....there was one thing missing though....I mean next time you might consider sending elastic waist pants with a box like this !

Thank you again. big hugs!

#81 Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Haha! I will put stretchy-pants on the list!

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#82 Old 05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Cowgirlup,

I LOVE bakerella!
#83 Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I will say I had a lot of doubts about this, but it works and is a lot of fun. How often do these gift exchanges happen?

#84 Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

Oh Almeria, thank you so much. I loved your package! I'm rationing it out in tiny bits so it lasts as long as possbile! My dog, Muffin is in love with the jerky - I only have to open it and he starts drooling

Awww! I thought about sending some doggie goodies too, but I just wasn't sure what your doggie eats so I decided not to. Plus I didn't want something to spoil and everything I kept thinking about might've spoiled in the trip over. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#85 Old 05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, it seems as I've received my package, updates will follow.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#86 Old 05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

First I want to say that I'm so sorry Hekatrine that I post my picture this late. You posted wonderful package and I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to post earlier. I loved everything in it. My excuse is that my laptop got broken and I wasn't able to get this done from school's computers.

I got something what I have been wishing SO long, food thermos!! They sell those in here only in big size, what holds food for two people and I needed something what I can use daily in school to bring warm food just for me. And I got that beautiful green food thermos what works so well. I love it and I have been using it already. Really it's gift from heaven.

Then I got bag of chocolate pasta! It really was surprise, I have never even heard that there is pasta with cocoa in it. I can't wait to get to try it, thought it's something what I really want to share with my friends, I so want to see their faces when I serve it.

I also got bottle of instant chocolate powder. I haven't tried that yet but hey, it's chocolate it can't be bad.

In that small class jar is chocolate & black truffle tapenade. I haven't tasted that either yet, but I don't think there is fear that it doesn't disappear. I need to get my toaster to work first...

Lastly there was bottle of Flying Fox shower gel. It's product from Lush, and I love their stuff. The top from the cork had gotten some injuries from traveling but not too bad and everything had stayed inside that bottle. But it was wise decision to pack it into plastic bag.

So I'm really happy camper in here with my exchange package and I thank my secret friend.
LL
#87 Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazikeen View Post

My sender was Virpukka! She sent me a lovely package, filled with Finnish goodies. It arrived on time, but since I wasn't home at the time, I had to pick it up from the post office, and then find the cable of the camera, hence the delay in posting!

The goodies:

- Fazer Wiener Nougat (awesome vegan chocolates! I've eaten half the box already!)

- Liquorice with flax seeds and mint

- Herbal tea blend

- Fruit soup

- Veggie burger mix

- Basil and garlic salt crackers

- 2 lollipops

- Nettle pasta (I love nettle pasta! And I haven't had it in years!)

I must also mention the lovely card that Virpukka made herself (pictured inbetween the pasta and the crackers). All the pages are decorated with stickers and you can tell it was lovingly made.

Thank you for a great package, Virpukka! I love everything!

You're welcome. I know that chocolate can be something to give you addiction. Usually they sell that in little bit cheaper prize after Christmas (because it's one season when they sell it more than usually) and I gain couple pounds every year in that time because I just can't resist that temptation. I also love that nettle pasta, it's really good and I use it as my comfort food.

I'm happy to hear that you liked your package, I had fun when I put it together and yes I love to make those cards into my packages because in those I can send that extra care what I want to put into my box.
#88 Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virpukka View Post

You're welcome. I know that chocolate can be something to give you addiction. Usually they sell that in little bit cheaper prize after Christmas (because it's one season when they sell it more than usually) and I gain couple pounds every year in that time because I just can't resist that temptation. I also love that nettle pasta, it's really good and I use it as my comfort food.

I'm happy to hear that you liked your package, I had fun when I put it together and yes I love to make those cards into my packages because in those I can send that extra care what I want to put into my box.

Thank you again for all the consideration that obviously went into the package. The chocolates are now all gone, and I had to go and buy another two packets (feeding the addiction, I know...), because they're so good! I had to get them from ebay, as they don't seem to be sold anywhere else outside of Finland. Cheers for introducing me to them!
#89 Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazikeen View Post

Thank you again for all the consideration that obviously went into the package. The chocolates are now all gone, and I had to go and buy another two packets (feeding the addiction, I know...), because they're so good! I had to get them from ebay, as they don't seem to be sold anywhere else outside of Finland. Cheers for introducing me to them!

Send me your bank card and I keep them coming...
#90 Old 05-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh and you can also order those from here: http://www.suomikauppa.fi/index.php?...38_194&sort=2a

I think that is little bit cheaper place to order them than ebay. They also sell Fazer mignon chocolate in there and that is vegan also and SO good. It's their seasonal candy and you can get it only around eastern.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page