Vegan Package Exchange - The Results! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular
 
desert-dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 691
Great treats everyone!



Hoping when I get home from work tomorrow there will be a package in the mailbox, promise to post a photo as soon as I receive...
desert-dweller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
saxyphonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,250
And my mystery sender was:



Midnight Angel!!!



(Or at least that's what I deduced from the return address since you didn't leave your username anywhere on the package. )



[attachment=9381ackage.jpg]



I received two awesome CDs full of amazing music and some assorted hard candy.

Some highlights included:

a version of "All Along the Watchtower" performed by Bob Dylan with the Grateful dead

"American Pie" by Don McLean (I had the Weird Al parody in my collection but not the original. )

"Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams (Some of my friends were playing this on acoustic guitar at a bonfire I went to last summer but I'd never heard the original. )

All the Beatles stuff! (They were one of the first bands I got into when I started developing my own taste in music.)

lots of other stuff too! For the sake of time and space I'm not going to type it all up.



Once again, thank you so very much!

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
saxyphonist is offline  
#33 Old 05-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Beginner
 
_sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 173
Keep those posts coming! Great to see such awesome packages!
_sharon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#34 Old 05-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Hekaterine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,012
Hi and a HUUUUGE thanks to my mystery sender who is still a mystery but who has promised to unveil herself to me (oo-er!!!)



I finally have a camera but I'm still figuring out how to use it (don't laugh) and it doesn't seem to have any kind of lead to attach it to the computer. Oh I really am a luddite!



Anyway, back to my package which came from Washington state all the way in the US of A and was full of awesome stuff that's not available over here in the UK which is exactly what I wanted. My sender really did put a lot of thought into the package and I was thrilled with it.



Here's what I got:



- teriaki "Jerquee"

- nori wrapped dehydrated curry "power wraps"

- a notepad and pen

- a beautifully wrapped votive candle holder

- more Jerquee - pepperoni this time

- a lovely range of tea bags, including himalayan apple spice and cocoa spice!

- almond chocolate in a beautiful wrapper

- handmade shea butter soap

- a "Go Vegan" car sticker

- raw caramel chocolate

- a vanilla lip balm

- a peppermint cup and a turtle cup

and

- a Jokerz bar



I loooove my package and I loooove you, whoever you are xxx
Hekaterine is offline  
#35 Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 AM
 
GingerFoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,340
I can't wait for my goodies to show up. I am stuck at the office 12-9pm all week and the package is being delivered to my old address, so I will need to keep nagging my brother and old roommate to watch out for it... The anticipation is killing me already!!
GingerFoxx is offline  
#36 Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular
 
paganveg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 698
My package was amazing! I don't know who sent it, though by the handwriting I'll assume it was a female. Whoever it was..THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, I can't post a pic but here are all of the goodies I got:



A bunch of amazingly delicious food that included-

-vegan brownie mix

-vegan frosting mix

-vegan raspberry jello

-2 vegan cookies that didn't last the day..lol

Vegan etsy including

-lip balm

- leave in hair conditioner

-seaweed and spirulina soap

-facial moisturizer



I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything
paganveg is offline  
#37 Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM
 
GingerFoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,340
My package has arrived. My mother picked it up from my old apartment this evening. Now I am impatiently waiting for 9pm so I can leave the office, rush home, and open it.... *stares at the clock*
GingerFoxx is offline  
#38 Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular
 
desert-dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 691
Thanks so much GingerFoxx! Everything looks fabulous and yummy! I promise to post a photo and be descriptive later tonight but had to rush a few of the items into the fridge as it's 98F today and they were really soft from sitting in a metal mailbox in the direct sun.... I want them to regain their shape then will snap a photo.



<edit>As promised here is a photo!







Everything is just wonderful and are items I have never tried so absolutely perfect!



2 packages of loose leaf tea from a local tea shop (TCTC Spice and Almond Cookie)

Vermints (cinnamint flavor, have one in my mouth right now, yum, love cinnamon)

Solar Energy Gum

Chile Picante flavor roasted corn (sounds spicy and I LOVE spicy)

2 Boom Choco Boom rice milk bars

Oskri seame bar

Heart Thrive energy bar (they are shaped like hearts, too cute!)

TJ's dark chocolate bar

TJ's Seriously Seedy & Nutty Wafers

Twilight candy bar

LiL Lovely cowboy cookies (very appropriate for AZ!)

Merry Hempsters orange lip balm (which I put on just now)

A lovely card with a nice note and a little fortune inside...



Thank you again GingerFoxx, I am going to truly enjoy eating my way through these goodies!
desert-dweller is offline  
#39 Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
 
GingerFoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Thanks so much GingerFoxx! Everything looks fabulous and yummy! I promise to post a photo and be descriptive later tonight but had to rush a few of the items into the fridge as it's 98F today and they were really soft from sitting in a metal mailbox in the direct sun.... I want them to regain their shape then will snap a photo.



You're very welcome. Sorry about the meltiness. I should have known, sending it out to AZ. I am sure it will all still taste good though... well... hopefully...



My mum just stopped by the office with my package!!! Let's open it, shall we?...



It's from Cowgirrlup!! Here's what I got:



-A Prescott Valley, AZ t-shirt (just my size ^_^)

-Some adorable stationery with envelopes made from recycled cloth

-Some Tazo Awake black tea (*loves black tea*)

-A package of Trader Joe's chile-spiced dried mango (haven't had this in ages)

-A 1/2lb bag of chili lemon pistachios (I can't wait to try these)

-A Alternate Baking Company Ginger Snappin' Raisin cookie (I will be enjoying this with the tea, I guarantee you. I *adore* ginger cookies)

-A Alternate Baking Company Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookie (anything peanut butter makes me one happy foxx.)

-A sachet full of dried lavender (*inhales deeply*)

-A bar of Kiss My Face olive and aloe soap



...my goodness this box is just BOTTOMLESS...



-A bar of Endangered Species organic 70% dark chocolate (*droooooools*)'

-A bar of Endangered Species organic 70% dark chocolate with goldenberry and lucuma (whatever that is, it sounds delightful)

-An 8oz jar of The Honeyman "Blue Blazes" blueberry jalapeno preserves (local from my sender's hometown, no less)

-An 8oz jar of The Honeyman "Sunburst" peach jalapeno preserves (these both sounds AMAZING)

-A 16oz(!!) jar of The Honeyman cherry butter (I need some toast, stat!)



I will have you know I am giggling like a schoolgirl right now. I am so thrilled. This package could not be more perfect. It's most definitely way more than I ever expected. Thank you so much, really!
LL
GingerFoxx is offline  
#40 Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Larissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,184
Ok, time to share the fantastic package I got, even though I got it early, and opened it early, and have had a photo sitting around for a few days... Only just got round to getting the photo on the computer.







-fair trade, hand made bag

-'pukka love' tea (I've tried it, it's lovely)

-Dairy free cheese flavour sauce mix. (I'm really excited to try this)

-Hand cream (which has been saving my nose from redness with this awful cold I have)

-Dairy free chocolate buttons. White and milk. Can you tell the white is an empty packet? I got to them before I got to my camera.

-mixed nut roast mix. (Excited to try this too).

-earl grey chocolate (sounds awesome!)

-swiss dark orange chocolate

-mint dark chocolate

-73% cocoa dark chocolate

-chocolate truffles

-ombar yumberry chocolate



It's all so fantastic! Missing from the picture is a blueberry lipbalm, which is missing since I've been using it. It smells just like a blueberry muffin. I almost want to eat it.

I can't wait to eat all the chocolate, I've been holding off since I don't want to have it while I'm sick because I can't taste anything right.



Thank you so so much Mazikeen! This package is amazing.
Larissa is offline  
#41 Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular
 
cowgirrlup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

You're very welcome. Sorry about the meltiness. I should have known, sending it out to AZ. I am sure it will all still taste good though... well... hopefully...



My mum just stopped by the office with my package!!! Let's open it, shall we?...



It's from Cowgirrlup!! Here's what I got:



-A Prescott Valley, AZ t-shirt (just my size ^_^)

-Some adorable stationery with envelopes made from recycled cloth

-Some Tazo Awake black tea (*loves black tea*)

-A package of Trader Joe's chile-spiced dried mango (haven't had this in ages)

-A 1/2lb bag of chili lemon pistachios (I can't wait to try these)

-A Alternate Baking Company Ginger Snappin' Raisin cookie (I will be enjoying this with the tea, I guarantee you. I *adore* ginger cookies)

-A Alternate Baking Company Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookie (anything peanut butter makes me one happy foxx.)

-A sachet full of dried lavender (*inhales deeply*)

-A bar of Kiss My Face olive and aloe soap



...my goodness this box is just BOTTOMLESS...



-A bar of Endangered Species organic 70% dark chocolate (*droooooools*)'

-A bar of Endangered Species organic 70% dark chocolate with goldenberry and lucuma (whatever that is, it sounds delightful)

-An 8oz jar of The Honeyman "Blue Blazes" blueberry jalapeno preserves (local from my sender's hometown, no less)

-An 8oz jar of The Honeyman "Sunburst" peach jalapeno preserves (these both sounds AMAZING)

-A 16oz(!!) jar of The Honeyman cherry butter (I need some toast, stat!)



I will have you know I am giggling like a schoolgirl right now. I am so thrilled. This package could not be more perfect. It's most definitely way more than I ever expected. Thank you so much, really!





I am so glad everything finally got there & all in good condition!



I know the Honeyman is a wierd name for a place, but he makes some really great things there. He started out years ago just selling honey and now has branched out into so many vegan things that I love shopping at his little store...

I love his sweet / hot jams. I hope you like them. I know it can be a really different flavor combination for a lot of people.



The cherry butter is a favorite of mine and I hope you enjoy it, but I warn you, its almost an addiction with me...I can send you more any time though, just holler..



I am so glad you like your goodies.


Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

cowgirrlup is offline  
#42 Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,789
My secret sender was: Saxyphonist! I got two packages of two-minute noodles (Chatpata Flavor), two packages of 2-Minute Noodles (Masala Flavored), Haldarim's Samosas, Red Pepper Spicy Cashews, Tamarind Candy, Red bean Jelly candy, Surati Chick Pea Puffs, and two dozen cupcakes. Thanks, Saxyphonist. Everything looks delicious. I can't wait to try them. I've got pictures, but my camera is down, and I'm on a disposable camera. I'll post in here ASAP.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#43 Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Everything looks so good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

-Dairy free chocolate buttons. White and milk. Can you tell the white is an empty packet? I got to them before I got to my camera.



I have not found those white buttons yet.
GhostUser is offline  
#44 Old 05-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mazikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

Ok, time to share the fantastic package I got, even though I got it early, and opened it early, and have had a photo sitting around for a few days... Only just got round to getting the photo on the computer.



-fair trade, hand made bag

-'pukka love' tea (I've tried it, it's lovely)

-Dairy free cheese flavour sauce mix. (I'm really excited to try this)

-Hand cream (which has been saving my nose from redness with this awful cold I have)

-Dairy free chocolate buttons. White and milk. Can you tell the white is an empty packet? I got to them before I got to my camera.

-mixed nut roast mix. (Excited to try this too).

-earl grey chocolate (sounds awesome!)

-swiss dark orange chocolate

-mint dark chocolate

-73% cocoa dark chocolate

-chocolate truffles

-ombar yumberry chocolate



It's all so fantastic! Missing from the picture is a blueberry lipbalm, which is missing since I've been using it. It smells just like a blueberry muffin. I almost want to eat it.

I can't wait to eat all the chocolate, I've been holding off since I don't want to have it while I'm sick because I can't taste anything right.



Thank you so so much Mazikeen! This package is amazing.



Yay! I'm glad you liked what I sent. I admit that I had some misgivings about the tea, since it contains liquorice, which you had specified you weren't a fan of, and I only realised this after I had bought the tea and packaged it all up! But I'm relieved to hear that you like it. The booja booja truffles are one of my favourite treats, I wish I could have sent you more of them, but I also wanted to give you some variety. Hope you enjoy everything!
mazikeen is offline  
#45 Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mazikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post






I have not found those white buttons yet.



Sainsburys. I find them at the free from aisle. The sainsburys own brand of free from 'milk' chocolate is also excellent. If you can't get hold of the buttons, I'd be more than happy to send you some!
mazikeen is offline  
#46 Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazikeen View Post

Sainsburys. I find them at the free from aisle. The sainsburys own brand of free from 'milk' chocolate is also excellent. If you can't get hold of the buttons, I'd be more than happy to send you some!



I have tried the milk ones but I still haven't tracked down the white buttons. I live near London as well. Don't worry I am going to try and find out from a vegan that lives near me right now where I can get them!
GhostUser is offline  
#47 Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 AM
 
GingerFoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Thanks so much GingerFoxx! Everything looks fabulous and yummy! I promise to post a photo and be descriptive later tonight but had to rush a few of the items into the fridge as it's 98F today and they were really soft from sitting in a metal mailbox in the direct sun.... I want them to regain their shape then will snap a photo.



<edit>As promised here is a photo!







Everything is just wonderful and are items I have never tried so absolutely perfect!



2 packages of loose leaf tea from a local tea shop (TCTC Spice and Almond Cookie)

Vermints (cinnamint flavor, have one in my mouth right now, yum, love cinnamon)

Solar Energy Gum

Chile Picante flavor roasted corn (sounds spicy and I LOVE spicy)

2 Boom Choco Boom rice milk bars

Oskri seame bar

Heart Thrive energy bar (they are shaped like hearts, too cute!)

TJ's dark chocolate bar

TJ's Seriously Seedy & Nutty Wafers

Twilight candy bar

LiL Lovely cowboy cookies (very appropriate for AZ!)

Merry Hempsters orange lip balm (which I put on just now)

A lovely card with a nice note and a little fortune inside...



Thank you again GingerFoxx, I am going to truly enjoy eating my way through these goodies!



I am glad you liked everything. Let me know how it all tastes, since I haven't tried all the snacks myself. I hope your fridge was able to save all the chocolate.





Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

I am so glad everything finally got there & all in good condition!



I know the Honeyman is a wierd name for a place, but he makes some really great things there. He started out years ago just selling honey and now has branched out into so many vegan things that I love shopping at his little store...

I love his sweet / hot jams. I hope you like them. I know it can be a really different flavor combination for a lot of people.



The cherry butter is a favorite of mine and I hope you enjoy it, but I warn you, its almost an addiction with me...I can send you more any time though, just holler..



I am so glad you like your goodies.



I will be sure to let you know how those jams are once I get around to trying them. They look fabulous. I love local goodies! I am not going to need to buy myself any snacks for quite a long time...
GingerFoxx is offline  
#48 Old 05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Abbey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,684
Yay, the package I sent finally made it through customs after a 6 day hold! I sure hope they didn't raid the parcel. I can't wait until my recipient receives it!
Abbey is offline  
#49 Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
mazikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,977
My sender was Virpukka! She sent me a lovely package, filled with Finnish goodies. It arrived on time, but since I wasn't home at the time, I had to pick it up from the post office, and then find the cable of the camera, hence the delay in posting!







The goodies:



- Fazer Wiener Nougat (awesome vegan chocolates! I've eaten half the box already!)

- Liquorice with flax seeds and mint

- Herbal tea blend

- Fruit soup

- Veggie burger mix

- Basil and garlic salt crackers

- 2 lollipops

- Nettle pasta (I love nettle pasta! And I haven't had it in years!)





I must also mention the lovely card that Virpukka made herself (pictured inbetween the pasta and the crackers). All the pages are decorated with stickers and you can tell it was lovingly made.



Thank you for a great package, Virpukka! I love everything!
mazikeen is offline  
#50 Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular
 
saxyphonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

My secret sender was: Saxyphonist! I got two packages of two-minute noodles (Chatpata Flavor), two packages of 2-Minute Noodles (Masala Flavored), Haldarim's Samosas, Red Pepper Spicy Cashews, Tamarind Candy, Red bean Jelly candy, Surati Chick Pea Puffs, and two dozen cupcakes. Thanks, Saxyphonist. Everything looks delicious. I can't wait to try them. I've got pictures, but my camera is down, and I'm on a disposable camera. I'll post in here ASAP.



I'm glad it got there safely! I hope the cupcakes didn't get too messed up in transit. I forgot to mention in the note that they're from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The green ones are green tea and the pinkish ones are pistachio rosewater.



You were really fun to shop for, especially since I got to visit my local Indian market (I have to admit, I bought extra of some of your stuff so I could have some too ). I'm glad you liked what I sent!

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
saxyphonist is offline  
#51 Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Of course not, silly. I've learned to shop for these things throughout the year. If I find something cool that's on sale, I pick it up and store it away for the next exchange. It's a good way to get more for your money.

The fun part is just knowing that someone took the time to fix up a box of treats just for you.



this is what I do too.....when I find an awesome sale or something I think will be awesome for the next exchange I tuck it away untill its needed....and I am soooo with you I jusy love the idea that someone took the time to make up a special gift box for me...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

No. I didn't send very much to my recipient, because 1--I'm unemployed and had very little money to spend (believe me, the cap on spending is great) and 2--my recipient is highly allergic to cats, which I have one of. I had to go straight from store to post office without stopping at home. I don't like to mess with other people's allergies.



hey there



I am the vegan exchange buddy with the awful allergy to cats....I am deathly allergic really and am soooo thankful to you and appreciate sooooo much that you totally went outta your way for me.....you rock sooooooooooo much.





Wow, that was really thoughtful!



Yesss It Totally was and It Means The World To Me That You Did That.





My Vegan Exchange Buddy Is PURP.....and she Roxx soooooooooooo much I cannot even put it into words here.....the biggest THANK--YOU to YOU......I appreciate more than I can express that you went soooo outta your way for me and my awfull allergies.....



I have to be upfront and apologize.....I had my baby bro take a pic of all of my goodies when I first got the package cause he has a better digital camera than me and he was gonna keep it on his comp till I needed it or send it to me.....which he NEVER did.....and his computer crashed and he had to buy and new one.....so technically I dont have a pic but no matter....I will try to describe all the yummies you sent me which are LONG LONG GONE.....LOL....



I got



Seeds of Change Velleron French Style Herb Whole Grain Rice.....Sooooo Yummers

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes......Sooooo Goood!!

Nans Fine Oat Crackers......Yummers In My Tummers and Perfection with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Pro Bar Nutty Banana Boom....Awesome for a working lunch or dinner....it was yummmmmmy!!

Awesome Friendship Magnet thats now hanging on my fridge....



I know theres sooooome awesome stuff I am forgetting but I ate it sooooo long ago.....I forgot.....lol.....I have to tell you I loved everything that I got it ROXX and and YOU do too!!.....but I have to tell you my fave gift from you is your thoughtfullness.....I cant THANK--YOu enough for that....



I love doing these Vegan Exchanges and Cannot wait for the next one!!



Live, Laugh, LOve and Be Hippie



Peace



Jenn
GhostUser is offline  
#52 Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Purp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

I'm glad it got there safely! I hope the cupcakes didn't get too messed up in transit. I forgot to mention in the note that they're from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The green ones are green tea and the pinkish ones are pistachio rosewater.



You were really fun to shop for, especially since I got to visit my local Indian market (I have to admit, I bought extra of some of your stuff so I could have some too ). I'm glad you liked what I sent!



Thank you. I wasn't sure about the cupcakes and we have an egg allergy...but now I know and can share with everyone. (I hate to say it, but they did get a little smushed in transit but I'll live). I didn't know there was such a thing as an Indian market, now I'll look around my hometown. Like Jen, I'm really looking forward to the next exchange. I'm just sorry I sent mine so early...by about a month...

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
Purp is offline  
#53 Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Larissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazikeen View Post

Yay! I'm glad you liked what I sent. I admit that I had some misgivings about the tea, since it contains liquorice, which you had specified you weren't a fan of, and I only realised this after I had bought the tea and packaged it all up! But I'm relieved to hear that you like it. The booja booja truffles are one of my favourite treats, I wish I could have sent you more of them, but I also wanted to give you some variety. Hope you enjoy everything!



I did notice liquorice on the ingredients, but couldn't taste it at all when I tried it. I ate one of the truffles and it was fantastic, but resisted the other one, and put it in the fridge for when I'm not sick, and I think as I'm pretty much better now it will be gone tomorrow.



Oh how I miss sainsbury's... NZ supermarkets just don't quite cut it.
Larissa is offline  
#54 Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular
 
sallyomally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,483
I'm already looking forward to the next exchange!
sallyomally is offline  
#55 Old 05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Thank you. I wasn't sure about the cupcakes and we have an egg allergy...but now I know and can share with everyone. (I hate to say it, but they did get a little smushed in transit but I'll live). I didn't know there was such a thing as an Indian market, now I'll look around my hometown. Like Jen, I'm really looking forward to the next exchange. I'm just sorry I sent mine so early...by about a month...



hey there again,



hope your having a hippie day



hey and no worries I wasnt sorry you sent it early....I loved it no matter when I got it....it was off the hook



peace out
GhostUser is offline  
#56 Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
saxyphonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Thank you. I wasn't sure about the cupcakes and we have an egg allergy...but now I know and can share with everyone. (I hate to say it, but they did get a little smushed in transit but I'll live). I didn't know there was such a thing as an Indian market, now I'll look around my hometown. Like Jen, I'm really looking forward to the next exchange. I'm just sorry I sent mine so early...by about a month...



Indian markets are a lot of funmore so than other ethnic markets even, because so much of the stuff is vegetarian! If you can find one it'll definitely be worth visiting.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
saxyphonist is offline  
#57 Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
cowgirrlup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I'm already looking forward to the next exchange!



Wait! This one's not over yet!


Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

cowgirrlup is offline  
#58 Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Christine2809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganveg View Post

My package was amazing! I don't know who sent it, though by the handwriting I'll assume it was a female. Whoever it was..THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, I can't post a pic but here are all of the goodies I got:



A bunch of amazingly delicious food that included-

-vegan brownie mix

-vegan frosting mix

-vegan raspberry jello

-2 vegan cookies that didn't last the day..lol

Vegan etsy including

-lip balm

- leave in hair conditioner

-seaweed and spirulina soap

-facial moisturizer



I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything



That was from me! I wasn't sure how long we were supposed to stay secret about who we were, but now I know for next time! I'm really glad you like everything!!!



And I haven't gotten mine yet . It's waiting at my dad's house until I get a chance to pick it up, which will hopefully be today!
Christine2809 is offline  
#59 Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Christine2809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 261
Thank you so much Abbey!



I picked up my package today, and I can't wait to try everything! I took a picture of everything, but I can't find my cord to put them on my computer! Hopefully I will find it very soon!



Here's what I got:

-Cinnamon Puffin breakfast cereal

-Chocolate soy pudding

-Kettle potato chips

-5 organic fruit leathers

-80% cocoa chocolate bar

-Maple flakes (I'm really intrigued by these and can't wait to do something with them!)

-Prepared Thai yellow curry sauce (I love curries, so I can't wait to make something with this too!)

-Organic bar soap

-Green Beaver brand facial cleanser



Everything looks so good. I really appreciate it all! Thanks so much!
Christine2809 is offline  
#60 Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Abbey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine2809 View Post

Thank you so much Abbey!



I picked up my package today, and I can't wait to try everything! I took a picture of everything, but I can't find my cord to put them on my computer! Hopefully I will find it very soon!



Here's what I got:

-Cinnamon Puffin breakfast cereal

-Chocolate soy pudding

-Kettle potato chips

-5 organic fruit leathers

-80% cocoa chocolate bar

-Maple flakes (I'm really intrigued by these and can't wait to do something with them!)

-Prepared Thai yellow curry sauce (I love curries, so I can't wait to make something with this too!)

-Organic bar soap

-Green Beaver brand facial cleanser



Everything looks so good. I really appreciate it all! Thanks so much!



Yippee, I'm so glad you got the parcel and everything was still intact! It was supposed to be delivered by last Friday, and when it stayed in customs so long, I was sure you were going to receive an empty box with a note saying that everything I sent had been confiscated!!



Those maple flakes are so good. My favourite way to use them is to put them on toast with Earthbalance. When I was younger I had buttered toast with cinnamon and sugar. But "Earthbalanced" toast with maple flakes is even better! Oh and sprinkled on cereal (like the cinnamon cereal I sent!) or waffles with earthbalance, or on top of muffins before baking!
Abbey is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off