negative energies? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Beginner
 
rootsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 109
This may be a strange post, but I have to ask. Last night I had this wierd dream. In the dream, I was debating if I wanted to be part of this cutting down of infested trees that are surrounding my town. In the dream there was this native american elder talking to his grandson, anyway, their discussion led the way to the way in wich the animals in that area would be affected. This led way to why we should not eat animals. The elder said because of the weapon. That the fear that the animal felt about the weapon, and its death, and the anger that was needed to invent and use the weapon. Now I have heard all my life about the fear issue, but I never thought about the anger needed to invent a device that would cause the death of a living being. We all have our reasons for being vegan, but has anyone ever heard about the latter? To me, it seems like this could be a good point.

jah bless
rootsman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Andromache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 953
I don't really understand what you're asking.
Andromache is offline  
#3 Old 05-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsman View Post

This may be a strange post



nah dude, not at all. wanna another hit ??
GhostUser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Nishani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 7,577

m8itcanw8.com
Nishani is offline  
#5 Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Beginner
 
rootsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post

nah dude, not at all. wanna another hit ??



Hey rapt, I really like that sig, but I hope you don't think that that is all rastas do, it was really a vegan-ethical-moral question. Outside of all the other really good reasons to be vegan, for myself at least, there is a spiritual issue involved. That was what I was really wondering about. Sometimes during this vegan life that I have been living I have pondered on the questions of why we as humans, can kill the so-called lower class of be-ings on this planet and ourselves, with ssuch abandonment. In my really "dude where's my car" approach, I was asking if anyone has ever thought about the horror in which the animal dies to feed some people, might there be a chance of that misery being somehow implanted in the by-products, which are then injested by some people, and could that be passed on, thus promoting that kind of horror over and over. It was a buddhist fried and a Christian fried of mine who were debating this, and provked me to think about it again.



Ya know, outside of the steero-type rast stuff, I am also a English Major(with bad keying skills), anartist, and a husband of nine years, so I do handle myself well in society, and in all fairness, I don't spend a whole lot of time in that recreation. I have to much going on for that leisure. I say this in all kindness, I just don't wan't you to have the wrong idea of who I am. I already face that alot just by having dreads

lol
rootsman is offline  
#6 Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsman View Post


Ya know, outside of the steero-type rast stuff, I am also a English Major(with bad keying skills), anartist, and a husband of nine years, so I do handle myself well in society, and in all fairness, I don't spend a whole lot of time in that recreation. I have to much going on for that leisure. I say this in all kindness, I just don't wan't you to have the wrong idea of who I am. I already face that alot just by having dreads

lol



sorry dude i didnt mean to offend you with my sense of humour. i wasnt trying to bring who you are as a person into question or anything, it was just a joke cuz your post seemed a bit rambly & didnt make a lot of sense, like when someone is stoned & going off on tangents. [didnt you notice the person who posted under you also struggled to understand what you were getting at ??] the joke had nothing to do with your hair or lifestyle, its just something i say to anyone when they arent quite making themselves clear
GhostUser is offline  
#7 Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Beginner
 
FamousLadyJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 109
I've been thinking about this, and since you mention your Buddhist and Christian friend and have explained a ittle more about your spitiual thought process, I can see how in the past (like you mentioned in your dream), eating animals could have started off as an act of anger (as well as starvation/survival or whatever else). I can see in some cultures, perhaps 'the gods were angry', or humans, and used sacrificial means (on animals) to justify or right the anger. In the bible, there are many sacrificial ceremonies. In Buddhism, energy can most definitely be transferred, including anger or contempt- but those cannot exit without peace or respect.



I've thought about this before too in some ways.





I understood your first post a bit more after reading it a second time. Sometimes our thoughts, especially if they're abstract, can jumble together. I just wanted to give it a bit more thought before responding.
FamousLadyJane is offline  
#8 Old 05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Newbie
 
VeggieKres's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsman View Post

but I never thought about the anger needed to invent a device that would cause the death of a living being.



It makes sense that aggression would be connected to desire, from an evolutionary perspective. I don't think man has invented these kinds of weapons because they are angry at the animals, they just really want to eat them. But yeah, I would definitely say hormonal responses to this desire are linked to the emotions of aggression, control felt during the creation of something like a slaughter-house.
VeggieKres is offline  
#9 Old 05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsman View Post

This may be a strange post, but I have to ask. Last night I had this wierd dream. In the dream, I was debating if I wanted to be part of this cutting down of infested trees that are surrounding my town. In the dream there was this native american elder talking to his grandson, anyway, their discussion led the way to the way in wich the animals in that area would be affected. This led way to why we should not eat animals. The elder said because of the weapon. That the fear that the animal felt about the weapon, and its death, and the anger that was needed to invent and use the weapon. Now I have heard all my life about the fear issue, but I never thought about the anger needed to invent a device that would cause the death of a living being. We all have our reasons for being vegan, but has anyone ever heard about the latter? To me, it seems like this could be a good point.

jah bless

All anger is rooted in fear.



People who are genuinely fearless never experience anger.



Angry people do confuse anger with fearlessness, mind.



For what its worth Rootsman I didn't find what you said to be strange at all.
Clueless Git is offline  
#10 Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsman View Post

This may be a strange post, but I have to ask. Last night I had this wierd dream. In the dream, I was debating if I wanted to be part of this cutting down of infested trees that are surrounding my town. In the dream there was this native american elder talking to his grandson, anyway, their discussion led the way to the way in wich the animals in that area would be affected. This led way to why we should not eat animals. The elder said because of the weapon. That the fear that the animal felt about the weapon, and its death, and the anger that was needed to invent and use the weapon. Now I have heard all my life about the fear issue, but I never thought about the anger needed to invent a device that would cause the death of a living being. We all have our reasons for being vegan, but has anyone ever heard about the latter? To me, it seems like this could be a good point.

jah bless



I bolded a portion of your quote. To comment on that part, not all killing inventions are from anger. Some are invented for compassionate reasons. I read that the guillotine was invented because beheading by someone chopping with an axe could take many strokes and last a couple minutes (if you didn't tip your executioner, he would make you suffer). The guillotine slices swiftly and quickly.



I also read about something being invented to kill animals quickly and less painfully. However, I cannot remember what it is right now. It was invented by a vegetarian. His logic is that if people won't quit killing animals, at least kill them as painlessly as possible.
sleepydvdr is offline  
#11 Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Beginner
 
FamousLadyJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

All anger is rooted in fear.



People who are genuinely fearless never experience anger.



Angry people do confuse anger with fearlessness, mind.



For what its worth Rootsman I didn't find what you said to be strange at all.



Yes, this is true because anger is a secondary emotion, meaning reactive. So reaction to fear, or a reaction to not having control (which can cause fear, anxiety, etc.)



Good point!
FamousLadyJane is offline  
#12 Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular
 
draconian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapt View Post




how do we get this added to our official smilie list?

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
draconian is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off