Joaquin Phoenix Reveals Exotic-Skins Horrors - warning! graphic video! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy3rPoX58-w

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried to search for it but didn't find any results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, I had to stop half way...I couldn't finish watching that. So sad
#3 Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedre View Post

oh, I had to stop half way...I couldn't finish watching that. So sad

Me too. That was unbearable viewing. I can't imagine how anyone could watch that and go on to own skin bags/belts/shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

awful
#5 Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM

I watched half the trailer for "Earthlings" are was physically ill. I won't even watch this. Too awful!
#6 Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I only watched a few seconds before feeling sick.
#7 Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 PM

I couldn't finish it. I was ill also.
#8 Old 04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I watched this when it came out a few weeks ago and it literally made me throw up. I had never thought about reptile skins before because I always found the idea of wearing them as repulsive as wearing fur. And I never hear anything on it. I really never thought about it, so I watched it and it made me throw up and I had a nightmare about it that night. Needless to say I'll never watch it again.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't wrap my mind around the people who do these things. I know they do it to make a living and become desensitized to it, but I have to wonder, do they ever look into the animals eyes? I watched a movie once about an Native American girl who was tortured by some horrible people, they did to her what they do to these animals in the movie. The scene has stayed in my mind for years and makes me feel ill still to this day. To me, there is no worse torture. I don't understand what makes some people feelingless to others' pain, fear and suffering. I don't understand why they can't put themselves in their place and know what the would be feeling. I don't understand how they can laugh...
#10 Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM

I LOVE bags, but not animal bags. The skin of animals was made for the animals, not something for me to carry my stuff around in. Gross

I couldn't watch past the first pic of the animals.
#11 Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

I apologize for forgetting to put a warning in the thread title, to those who were surprised by the content, my sincerest apologies.
#12 Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I know they do it to make a living and become desensitized to it, but I have to wonder, do they ever look into the animals eyes?

It's amazing what you can be desensitized when you work a job like that though. After working at a kill shelter for a few months in college, I could crawl on top of bags of frozen dog and cat corpses in the freezer and not even think twice about it. And I don't even like to kill insects...
#13 Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

OH MY F****** FSM, HIS HEAD WAS STILL MOVING.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#14 Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

*cuddles my leos and whispers that nothing will ever happen to them*

Oh, my leos are leopard geckos, my babies!

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#15 Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my god, watched all the way through but it was difficult, so upsetting .
#16 Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Good thing that I'm desensitized to this kind of things, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to watch the entire clip.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#17 Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Absolutely brutal. However, Joaquin rocks.
#18 Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

I can't even start to compare any industry for their treatment of animals, but the fur,leather, skin industries are just so disheartening. "Apparently", in food slaughter they try to stun the animals. It seems that in the clothing industries they just skin them and leave them there to die from pain/shock and blood loss. The leather and fur segments in "Earthlings" and this video here about reptile skins are just ..... sigh.
#19 Old 05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

I can't even start to compare any industry for their treatment of animals, but the fur,leather, skin industries are just so disheartening. "Apparently", in food slaughter they try to stun the animals. It seems that in the clothing industries they just skin them and leave them there to die from pain/shock and blood loss. The leather and fur segments in "Earthlings" and this video here about reptile skins are just ..... sigh.

Humans can be so cruel! I haven't seen Earthlings because I doubt I'd be able to watch it. I've heard enough bits and pieces of it to know that I won't be able to sit through it. My only problem is how do you send such a video to non-vegan friends, and not be preachy?? I know people who have snake skin shoes/bags. I've already been labled The "vegan" friend! I don't want to be promoted to The "preachy vegan" friend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page