500 Calorie Diet for a Vegan...Need some help guys! [TRIGGERING] - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

#61 Old 03-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

the dr i used to work with made his entire business off promoting hcg (big reason i don't work there anymore!) he often asked me not to advise clients about veganism and yoga, big surprise he was not interested in the real ways people lose weight, diet and exercise bc he would be poor if his clients found out this BIG secret...!

In my opinion, this is one of the most serious drawbacks of a profit-focused health care system. Many doctors (not all) see no need or use in suggesting things that work best, like making permanent diet changes (those you will use the rest of your life) and regular exercise. Things that do not make the doctor any money, now or later. Healthy people do not make doctors money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 03-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDay View Post

luvourmother, thank you so much for the detailed information about the hCG diet. It seems like this kind of diet is becoming really trendy (one of the Jersey Shore girlies is currently the spokesperson for an hCG diet and is hawking the program all over the place) but what I've seen about it is terrifying....

Taking hormone injections/pills? Starving yourself on 500 calories a day? Good lord.

Ok that scares me and pisses me off. Unfortunately I think there are many naive young girls who will see that Jersey Shore girl and start this diet. For some reason people seem to love that show and for some reason people will buy anything "celebrities" say or sell. The last thing this "diet" needs is someone in the public eye promoting this crap. It all sounds incredibly dangerous and I can no doubt see many people who attempt this to develop an eating disorder.
#63 Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I think we lost the OP.

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Today my roommate mentioned this great diet she wants to try. Yep, it's this very one. I spent quite a while telling her how awful, dangerous and useless it is. Hopefully she will listen,

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#65 Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Ok that scares me and pisses me off. Unfortunately I think there are many naive young girls who will see that Jersey Shore girl and start this diet. For some reason people seem to love that show and for some reason people will buy anything "celebrities" say or sell. The last thing this "diet" needs is someone in the public eye promoting this crap. It all sounds incredibly dangerous and I can no doubt see many people who attempt this to develop an eating disorder.

Absolutely disturbing - Jenni (AKA "JWOWW") states she only eats 500-1200 calories a day while taking these liquid hormone drops. Dr. JWOWW claims you can burn 1-2 pounds of fat a day on her plan. Aside from her intentionally overdone plastic surgery up-top, she really does have that "Hollywood" body type that so many women/girls wish to achieve... Ick. Ick ick ick. It's scary. I thought it wouldn't get worse than celebrities hawking the dangerous and disgusting Atkins diet, but this is crazy...

I hope the OP comes back and realizes her doctor may just be looking to make $$$ on this hCG diet, and isn't really interested in helping her achieve total wellness...
#66 Old 03-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post

I don't see how any doctor in their right mind would recommend a diet of 500 calories a day. That's not weightloss, it's starvation.

Either her doctor got his/her medical licence out of a cornflakes packet or the OP misheard the amount of calories recommended.

m8itcanw8.com
#67 Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Either her doctor got his/her medical licence out of a cornflakes packet or the OP misheard the amount of calories recommended.

Unfortunately, her doctor gave her the correct information - that's the recommended caloric intake under this kind of plan. He/she is still goofy as all get out for recommending something like that to a patient.
#68 Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

If you don't have an eating disorder already, going on this diet is a surefire way to get one.

Don't be ridiculous. It's an absolutely stupid idea.
#69 Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDay View Post

Absolutely disturbing - Jenni (AKA "JWOWW") states she only eats 500-1200 calories a day while taking these liquid hormone drops. Dr. JWOWW claims you can burn 1-2 pounds of fat a day on her plan. Aside from her intentionally overdone plastic surgery up-top, she really does have that "Hollywood" body type that so many women/girls wish to achieve... Ick. Ick ick ick. It's scary. I thought it wouldn't get worse than celebrities hawking the dangerous and disgusting Atkins diet, but this is crazy...

I hope the OP comes back and realizes her doctor may just be looking to make $$$ on this hCG diet, and isn't really interested in helping her achieve total wellness...

Did you notice that it also says on there not to exercise, only light walking is recommended. I wonder why? Is it cause your heart might just say "I quit!" ?

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#70 Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise_12345 View Post

If you don't have an eating disorder already, going on this diet is a surefire way to get one.

Don't be ridiculous. It's an absolutely stupid idea.

Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria View Post

Did you notice that it also says on there not to exercise, only light walking is recommended. I wonder why? Is it cause your heart might just say "I quit!" ?

No doubt.
#71 Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria View Post

Probably - I'd imagine after awhile on the plan, all you'll be able to do is some "light standing" and then some "light sitting," lest you black out from the exertion of remaining on your two feet.
#72 Old 12-16-2015, 07:32 AM

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ok so my doctor put me on a 500 calorie diet that resticts my carbs to less than 40g but I must have 40-60g of protein a day with very little fat. If any of you really read the nutritional info on the back of a food package that can be hard...if you're a vegan.<br><br><br><br>
So I need some suggestions of what are good veg. sources of protein that will not really increase my carbs/cals/fat. I already do tvp and the lazy persons frozen options but what else is there? I got some vanilla rice protein but since I can only eat twice a day on this thing I really don't want to waste a 'meal' on a horrible tasting shake. I looked in to spirulina but you have to consume 2 tbs. a day to get just 13g of protein...thats 40 500mg pills.<br><br><br><br>
Any ideas?
install apps MyFitnessPal for calorie counting
setting on your weight and height than the apps will help you count your calorie daily
for me i need 1200cal daily but i restrict to 1000cal

my daily meal
breakfast :- green smoothie with some fruits ..less than 200cal
lunch :- half cup brown rice with vege soup+beans or potato :- 400cal
snack :- walnut or almond : 200cal
dinner :- nut with salad or anything vegan :- 200cal

exercise 30min per day

to consume less than 1k cal my suggestion you can try

breakfast :- oat +apple
lunch :- zucchini as pasta..with avocado and some nuts
dinner :- vege soup with half corn and potato..and little bit brown rice.

but my advise the fast you lose weight the fast you will gain weight (from my experience on atkins diet low than 1k cal)

compare to safe diet..
max lose weight per month should be 4 to 5kg

dieting strict deliver fast lost weight for water lost.
but if you could just eat healthy and nutritious vegan and exercise you will be lean and healthy long lives
goodluck
#73 Old 12-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvegan View Post
install apps MyFitnessPal for calorie counting
setting on your weight and height than the apps will help you count your calorie daily
for me i need 1200cal daily but i restrict to 1000cal

my daily meal
breakfast :- green smoothie with some fruits ..less than 200cal
lunch :- half cup brown rice with vege soup+beans or potato :- 400cal
snack :- walnut or almond : 200cal
dinner :- nut with salad or anything vegan :- 200cal

exercise 30min per day

to consume less than 1k cal my suggestion you can try

breakfast :- oat +apple
lunch :- zucchini as pasta..with avocado and some nuts
dinner :- vege soup with half corn and potato..and little bit brown rice.

but my advise the fast you lose weight the fast you will gain weight (from my experience on atkins diet low than 1k cal)

compare to safe diet..
max lose weight per month should be 4 to 5kg

dieting strict deliver fast lost weight for water lost.
but if you could just eat healthy and nutritious vegan and exercise you will be lean and healthy long lives
goodluck
???
#74 Old 12-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
???
Yeah, I can never tell if these people that create an account on VB and then for their first post pull up and respond to a thread that is five years old are bots or real people. Frustrating...
no whey jose likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#75 Old 12-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I was thinking there weren't even many apps in 2010 lol
no whey jose likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page