EPIC Fail and the results... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-16-2010, 07:03 AM

So, I fell hard off the vegan wagon the past two weeks. I got myself deep into some dairy - Greek yogurt, cheese. Ugh. And my body responded - big time.

I have rheumatoid arthritis (the kind that hits you when you're a kid). After ditching dairy, I was feeling awesome - I had no pain unless I was bending my knees too far (they're permanently damaged - this will never go away unless I get them replaced). After my little crash and burn into Dairyland, I am in so much pain it's hideous. Talk about learning a lesson the hard way. What was I thinking!?

Anyway, I'm back. I'm disappointed in myself, but at least I'm being punished
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Everyone makes mistakes. At least you know how to get some relief for your condition.
#3 Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 AM

Holy ****!

You're lucky. Now you have even more of a "motivation" to stay vegan XD.

Sorry about your overall condition though. :\\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am God View Post

Now you have even more of a "motivation" to stay vegan XD.

Absolutely!
#5 Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 AM

If everyone would at least try going vegetarian for a spell and allow themselves enough time to "detox" of meat and feel the differences in their health and energy levels (and in some cases weight management etc) I think there would be a lot more long-term converts. I think too many people are skeptical or pressured by the stigma that can accompany such a drastic dietary/lifestyle change.
#6 Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Wowser - you must be feeling crappy right now. Well, at least you know why you're feeling ill, and can do something about it. It's a shame you fell of the wagon, but I'm sure you have the determination to get right back on it now that you have felt the difference for yourself. Don't be hard on yourself, tomorrow is a new day and maybe in a couple if weeks you'll have repaired a little bit of damage, Good luck xxx
#7 Old 02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I can only imagine you are not feeling all that great

We all make mistakes and glad you are back on the wagon...LOL!

Kindest Regards,

VeganTigress

May you be held in compassion.
May your pain and sorrow be eased.
May you be at peace.

My Blog: www.allie4animals.wix.com/veganliving
#8 Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

If everyone would at least try going vegetarian for a spell and allow themselves enough time to "detox" of meat and feel the differences in their health and energy levels

When I went vegetarian I didn't feel any different, physically. It honestly did nothing magical for my health. I was a teenager at the time, so that might have had something to do with it, but if that had been my motivation I wouldn't have stuck with vegetarianism and eventually veganism. I'd rather see people make the switch for ethical reasons.

Although I guess any way they get into it works. And if it does give someone noticable health benefits that's a nice reason to stay veg*n.
#9 Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

That is the one good thing about being LI or allergic, or whatnot- it is a hardcore reason for not pleasin' with the cheesin'. I'm an uberdork tonight. Forgive me, but seriously, don't be hard on yourself, people trip up, it's difficult. Just jump back in. I hope you feel better soon! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelith View Post

So, I fell hard off the vegan wagon the past two weeks. I got myself deep into some dairy - Greek yogurt, cheese. Ugh. And my body responded - big time.

I have rheumatoid arthritis (the kind that hits you when you're a kid). After ditching dairy, I was feeling awesome - I had no pain unless I was bending my knees too far (they're permanently damaged - this will never go away unless I get them replaced). After my little crash and burn into Dairyland, I am in so much pain it's hideous. Talk about learning a lesson the hard way. What was I thinking!?

#10 Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidaisy View Post

That is the one good thing about being LI or allergic, or whatnot- it is a hardcore reason for not pleasin' with the cheesin'. I'm an uberdork tonight. Forgive me, but seriously, don't be hard on yourself, people trip up, it's difficult. Just jump back in. I hope you feel better soon! Cheers

I love your uberdorkness - you have made me laugh a few times tonight!! I love that you used the term smartie pants in the other thread - for some reason, that term cracks me up... Feeling a bit dorky too!!
#11 Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Hurray! We shall be uberdorkies together!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchvegan View Post

I love your uberdorkness - you have made me laugh a few times tonight!! I love that you used the term smartie pants in the other thread - for some reason, that term cracks me up... Feeling a bit dorky too!!

#12 Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelith View Post

Sorry I meant to reply to you as well as Lucydaisy!!! I'm sorry you're feeling not well and hope you feel better soon.. Don't beat yourself for making a mistake - humans make mistakes... At least you probably won't fall off the wagon again after such a lesson... Good luck with it all.
#13 Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidaisy View Post

Hurray! We shall be uberdorkies together!!!!

Hurrah!!! Shall we do a battle of the uberdorks ;-)?
#14 Old 02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Veggie Regular

The Carrot-Saber is out. Neeeeeeowwww...chttzzzz....wooowwoowoww. (HAHA that sounds so wrong doesn't it!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchvegan View Post

Hurrah!!! Shall we do a battle of the uberdorks ;-)?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page