Vegan Cookie Brands - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#1 Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey everyone, so there's probably other threads like this.. but I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for.

I know you can make your own vegan cookies and treats but I don't have access to an oven or anything so I was wondering if you guys know of any vegan cookie brands that I can buy at the store.

I think Back to Nature Chocolate Chunk Cookies are vegan, but I'm not positive about that.

Also if you know of any other kind of treats that are vegan that would be awesome! I already know about Tofutti and So Delicious ice cream stuff, but if there's anything else you can offer that would be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Alternative Baking Company has a few packaged vegan cookies... I get the chocolate chip variety. Yum!! They aren't really "good" for you, but they are vegan!

I get mine at the Winding Way health food store...
#3 Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discobanditt View Post

Alternative Baking Company has a few packaged vegan cookies... I get the chocolate chip variety. Yum!! They aren't really "good" for you, but they are vegan!

Ooo!! Those look yummy! And nice and big! (lol) Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I believe Oreos are also vegan. Definitely not good for you though!
#5 Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJVeggie View Post

I believe Oreos are also vegan. Definitely not good for you though!

Omgg!?! Really!?! Where have I been?! Haha I'm not concerned with health (for this at least) I'm just trying to find stuff for when I want something sweet.
#6 Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraglare View Post

Omgg!?! Really!?! Where have I been?! Haha I'm not concerned with health (for this at least) I'm just trying to find stuff for when I want something sweet.

I would definitely check the label because it's not the same in all countries but I am 99% sure they are vegan.
#7 Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM

The Oreos I looked at where not, but it may simple be this part of the USA, because I do recall people in the USA saying they where vegan. I am not much help here but I shall be stalking this.
#8 Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

The Oreos we get at work are vegan but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Do you live by a Whole Foods? They make vegan cookies.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#9 Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM

A lot of wafer cookies like these are vegan, but you'll have to read the label. A ton of cookies are vegan, just read the labels!
#10 Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
HNV
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discobanditt View Post

Want!

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#11 Old 02-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Trader Joe's Joe Joes are vegan. (They're like Oreos.) There's also the Back to Nature brand that's been mentioned, and the Newman-O's.

Mi-Del Ginger Snaps are vegan.
#12 Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Veggie Regular

They sure ain't good for ya, and if you're a "sugar isn't vegan" type, they don't qualify... But for the rest of us...

Ingredients: ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, HYDROGENATED RAPSEED AND/OR COTTONSEED AND/OR SOYBEAN OILS, SALT), SOYBEAN OIL AND/OR PALM OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, GRAHAM FLOUR (WHOLE GRAN WHEAT FLOUR), PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SOY LECITHIN (EMULSIFIER), VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. CONTAINS: WHEAT, PEANUT, SOY.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#13 Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Oreos in UK are not vegan, but they are vegan in the US. I second the newman-os...they are addicting...

For the UK people, Tesco tea biscuits, Tesco Choc Bourbon Creme Biscuits, and Oaties are vegan.

The Vegan ABC's: East Meets West, VEGAN STYLE! A blog detailing the edibles in the life of an ABC (American-born Chinese) vegan.
http://theveganabc.blogspot.com/
#14 Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

They sure ain't good for ya, and if you're a "sugar isn't vegan" type, they don't qualify... But for the rest of us...

Ingredients: ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, HYDROGENATED RAPSEED AND/OR COTTONSEED AND/OR SOYBEAN OILS, SALT), SOYBEAN OIL AND/OR PALM OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, GRAHAM FLOUR (WHOLE GRAN WHEAT FLOUR), PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SOY LECITHIN (EMULSIFIER), VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. CONTAINS: WHEAT, PEANUT, SOY.

OMG NUTTER BUTTERS ARE VEGAN!??!?! This..is the BEST thread... I love you people lol I love Nutter Butters

Haha like I said, don't be concerned with health here, this is a sweet tasty thread I definitely eat my veggies all week until friday when its cookie time! Lol
#15 Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

The Oreos we get at work are vegan but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Do you live by a Whole Foods? They make vegan cookies.

Yea I live really close to one Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *la_vegana* View Post

A lot of wafer cookies like these are vegan, but you'll have to read the label. A ton of cookies are vegan, just read the labels!

Wow! I always assumed any kind of wafer cookie had milk or some kind of cream.. awesome thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

OMG NUTTER BUTTERS ARE VEGAN!??!?! This..is the BEST thread... I love you people lol I love Nutter Butters

Haha like I said, don't be concerned with health here, this is a sweet tasty thread I definitely eat my veggies all week until friday when its cookie time! Lol
#16 Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraglare View Post

Friday night is my 'junk food' night where I am allowed one not healthy snack! This week it shall be Sun Chips!.....except I did make some delicious homemade vegan pecan chocolate chip cookies this week that are extremely not healthy but those don't count! haha
#17 Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Friday night is my 'junk food' night where I am allowed one not healthy snack! This week it shall be Sun Chips!.....except I did make some delicious homemade vegan pecan chocolate chip cookies this week that are extremely not healthy but those don't count! haha

We're twins! Every friday night for dinner or dessert I have something junk food-ish or sweet I usually go for cookies and sometimes I crumble cookies in soy ice cream! Or I drink chocolate soy milk! Yummy!
#18 Old 02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wow, Sun Chips are your "bad" snack! I eat them daily at work!

But, those Alternative Baking Company cookies are mindblowingly good. In fact I'm quite angry that I'm thinking about them now because I don't live close to somewhere I can buy them. The city that I went to college in had a great restaurant/shop that carried them and I got them all the time!

Yeah, you'll be able to find a huge selection at Whole Foods. Did you know that a lot of what they make in the bakery is vegan? Ask them to show you what is vegan. I did that one time and was seriously about to cry from the amazingness that is Whole Foods. There was just so much!
#19 Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG....NUTTER BUTTERS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in heaven *drools*
#20 Old 02-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nontoxicglue View Post

Oreos in UK are not vegan, but they are vegan in the US. I second the newman-os...they are addicting...

For the UK people, Tesco tea biscuits, Tesco Choc Bourbon Creme Biscuits, and Oaties are vegan.

and hobnobs! gotta love the hobnobs. and the low fat digestives last time i checked
#21 Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine2809 View Post

Yeah, you'll be able to find a huge selection at Whole Foods. Did you know that a lot of what they make in the bakery is vegan? Ask them to show you what is vegan. I did that one time and was seriously about to cry from the amazingness that is Whole Foods. There was just so much!

Wow!! That is so cool! I've never even checked out the Whole Foods bakery! Thanks, I'll definitely do that next time I'm there!
#22 Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

The Whole Food I go to has awesome vegan scones...chocolate chip and date nut.
#23 Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine2809 View Post

Wow, Sun Chips are your "bad" snack! I eat them daily at work!

Haha. Well I always bake something 'unhealthy' to snack on throughout the week (date squares, cookies, banana bread, etc.) but Friday night I get either chocolate, chips, cookies, etc. and 'pop' (which is just actually sparkling fruit juice with no added sugar). But I will eat pretzels sometimes during the week. MMMmmm....talking about all of this just food is making me hungry! haha.

I wish I had a Whole Foods near me The closest one is about 2 hours away and I have only been once. I want to go back and get some of the pre-made pasta raviolis......and tons of 'junk food' haha
#24 Old 02-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Anything from the company Orgran is awesome.

http://www.orgran.com/
#25 Old 02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Mint Oreos

Back to Nature peanut butter sandwich cookies also =
#26 Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Uncle Eddie's Vegan cookies, choc chip with peanut butter is my favorite. I also like Whole Foods vegan cookies. Whenever I go to a city with a Whole Foods and stop in and get several kinds.

I eat everything that nature voluntarily gives: fruits, vegetables, and the products of plants. But I ask you to spare me what animals are forced to surrender: meat, milk, and cheese. ~Author Unknown
#27 Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, Whole Foods' bakery is pretty much the greatest thing ever. I want everything!
#28 Old 02-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Along with Newman - O's, they also make Fig Newman's, like Fig Newtons's. I've seen store brand/generic sandwich cookies that are vegan too, just check the label. Same thing with animal crackers.
#29 Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

Liz Lovely makes some decent vegan cookies.

http://www.lizlovely.com/webstore/shop.php?gr=ALL

I haven't had these, but Allison's Gourmet makes vegan cookies too:

http://www.allisonsgourmet.com/vegan...c-cookies.html
#30 Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM

OK my experience is pretty much limited to one cookie, but man it was nasty. I was at the PCC (Seattle eco food co-op) and there was a one of those freebie sampler tables set up, offering someone's vegan cookie. I never pass up the sampler table so I tried one and I had to spit it out. Let me repeat that: I SPIT OUT A FREE COOKIE. If you knew me, you would know that that was an unprecedented event. Whenever my wife makes cookies she complains about me eating them all up. It was so dry and didn't crumble right. The sampler lady seemed so ernest that I felt bad, so I walked away to where I could find a garbage can into which to retch up the awful thing. I was honestly shaken up and had to call my wife to tell her that someone had actually managed to make an inedible cookie and what was more astonishing was they started a company making them and were actually SELLING them to people. There may be some decent vegan cookies out there but I doubt it, and after that experience I'll be sticking to ones made with butter like a proper cookie should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page