Disney world...help - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Im planning to go to disney world in may.... Where and what is vegan there? I'll be staying at All Star Movies or Music Resort. I need breakfast stuff, lunch and dinner. I'll sacrifice a salad for lunch...and fruit. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Beginner

Lucky you...I'm a Disney World fanatic! This is the best site for all things Disney -- it has the menus of every single restaurant on the property (including all the hotels), so it's the place to go for info on what food is available. DW is actually quite veg-friendly -- most places have some kind of veg meal, and if it's not vegan, they'll accommodate you and make it vegan. Just ask them. Have a great time!!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
#3 Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM

i saw that site and they said my hotel for breakfast had oatmeal! i was happy about that...but they have bagels and stuff but idk if they contain eggs. Right now since im a new vegan i'm just eliminating eggs and dairy from my diet then eliminate others later on once i get used to removing eggs and dairy lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Isn't it odd that Animal Kingdom has restaurants that serve lots of meat?

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#5 Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral_ai View Post

i saw that site and they said my hotel for breakfast had oatmeal! i was happy about that...but they have bagels and stuff but idk if they contain eggs. Right now since im a new vegan i'm just eliminating eggs and dairy from my diet then eliminate others later on once i get used to removing eggs and dairy lol.

Its up to you but commercially prepared bagel's rarely contain eggs (except of course, egg bagels, which are described specifically as such). Muffins normally have eggs and/or dairy though.
#6 Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

That irony is lost on most people unfortunately. Just like have a fundraiser for a animal rescue and serving meat.
#7 Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

wow, a true example of irony. That rarely happens!

spiral_ai, email Disney World, or go to their website and start chatting with one of their travel agents. They are very accommodating. I was thinking of going, but alas, finances didn't allow it...and I talked extensively with one of their travel agents through chat about having vegan food. S/he mentioned that it can be pre-arranged. They do it often for people with dietary needs. I guess us vegans are now in 'dietary needs' category. And you can select which restaurants you want to dine at ahead of time....make reservations at them...and they will have vegan food prepared for you. You can obviously pack some snacks, so you aren't stranded somewhere hungry and can't find anything vegan to eat.
#8 Old 01-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

Actually, the best veg restaurant in Disney is there. They've got lots of meat, too, but the buffet place whose name I can't remember has a TON of veg*n options. I think it's the only place I saw tofu during the week I was at Disney last March.

--Fromper

#9 Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromper View Post

actually, the best veg restaurant in disney is there. They've got lots of meat, too, but the buffet place whose name i can't remember has a ton of veg*n options. I think it's the only place i saw tofu during the week i was at disney last march.

--fromper

omg!! U must remember the name!!!
#10 Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedre View Post

wow, a true example of irony. That rarely happens!

spiral_ai, email Disney World, or go to their website and start chatting with one of their travel agents. They are very accommodating. I was thinking of going, but alas, finances didn't allow it...and I talked extensively with one of their travel agents through chat about having vegan food. S/he mentioned that it can be pre-arranged. They do it often for people with dietary needs. I guess us vegans are now in 'dietary needs' category. And you can select which restaurants you want to dine at ahead of time....make reservations at them...and they will have vegan food prepared for you. You can obviously pack some snacks, so you aren't stranded somewhere hungry and can't find anything vegan to eat.

thanks....dietary needs...it makes vegans sound sickly or something lol
#11 Old 01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Beginner

I am not much help as I have only been to Disney as a vegetarian but I ADORE Disney so I wanetd to say have a great time! Also, it is such an accomodating place in general, I am sure everyone would be happy to help you! The meal plan is absolutely the way to go- you get more food than you can imagine eating and you save money.
#12 Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral_ai View Post

omg!! U must remember the name!!!

Tusker House. That's the place in Animal Kingdom that I couldn't remember. All you can eat buffet with tons of veg options. It's a little more expensive than most places at Disney, but worth it.

Here is the menu. Note the "vegetarian table" in the buffet item list, as well as all the veg items in the appetizer list.

--Fromper

#13 Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Tusker House. That's the place in Animal Kingdom that I couldn't remember. All you can eat buffet with tons of veg options. It's a little more expensive than most places at Disney, but worth it.

Here is the menu. Note the "vegetarian table" in the buffet item list, as well as all the veg items in the appetizer list.

--Fromper

fromper...U R AWESOME! Thanks A TON! i hope the green beans aren't cooked in anyhting outside of water and salt and pepper lol bcuz me luvs some green beans!!
#14 Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM

Every time you go into a restaurant, just ask for the chef. Tell them your dietary needs, and they will take care of you. They will always go above and beyond; even if you don't ask for the chef, they will bring him/her out! My favorite is EPCOT. The restaurant on the main floor of the Land is the best! Buffet with everything and the ingredients are listed on everything in the cases. The restaurant in Morocco is great, too. Some restaurants are better than others, but I have never gone hungry there (and I go every two months).

Also, at each counter service restaurant they have a binder with all of the ingredients of everything. Just ask to see it so you can judge for yourself.

There is a vegetarian/vegan Walt Disney World guide available from Amazon (get the newest edition).

FYI - All the fries (except the McDonald's ones) are vegan.

Other favorites:

Cosmic Ray's in Magic Kingdom

Prime Time Cafe in Disney Studios

Backlot Cafe in Disney Studios

Anywhere in Downtown Disney will make special requests

Hope that helps!
#15 Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

You will not have a problem with being hungry at Disney, that' s for sure. As the others have said, they are very accommodating. We stay at one of the All Star Resorts when we visit. The food court always has lots of fresh fruit, hot cereal, pasta, and so forth. For a splurge meal, you can book ahead at the O'hana and tell them your dietary preference. They have a fantastic stir fry and a grilled pineapple dessert that is to die for!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page