Vegan ice cream. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 PM

So, what's your favorite store bought vegan ice cream? I never really cared for Soy or Rice dream, and so I didn't really bother with ice cream, but I recently started going to a great Grocery store where I came across the following delightful treats!:

Chicago Soy Dairy's Temptation vegan ice cream:

And:

Living Harvest's Tempt (soy free! (Hemp milk, Sunflower lecithin))

After buying my first pint, I went back a few days later and stocked up. They were both amazing! Has anyone else tried these? If so, what flavors are your favorite?

*I realize that new members cannot post links, but I did not read anything that stated we are not allowed to post images.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Patrol View Post

Living Harvest's Tempt (soy free! (Hemp milk, Sunflower lecithin))

Tempt is good! I love the Vanilla Bean and like the Coconut Lime too.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream is good too, and I also really like, what is it, Luna and Larry's? - some other coconut milk ice cream that I've only tried once.

I find soy ice creams are okay, but I can definitely taste the soy.
#3 Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I definitley like So Delicious, they have mini coconut ice cream sandwiches that are amazing. Tofutti ice cream sandwiches are really good too. Rice Dream is the only other one I've tried and I liked it okay but not as much as the other two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Purely Decadent, any of the primarily chocolate flavors. I don't really like the coconut milk variety other than the Coconut flavored one.

Chocolate Tofutti Cuties.

Keep on freepin' on

#5 Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 PM
SPJ
Beginner

A large amount of Tempt ice cream got me through the after effects of having 4 wisdom teeth pulled recently.
#6 Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Back when I ate it:

#7 Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 PM

Ouch, I need to stock up again, I may be having my upper two wisdom teeth pulled soon.
#8 Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I ate an entire chocolate avalanche last night

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#9 Old 01-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.xvx View Post

Back when I ate it:

IMO Purely Decadent is the best! I never buy it though cause I know I'll eat it all lol. Also Tofutti Cuties are insanely good. I think both these products you could give to an omni and they wouldn't know the difference. Damnit now I'm craving them lol.
#10 Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw both Purely Decadent and Tofutti Cuties at Target today and resisted because I figure if I was trying to limit my junk food/dessert consumption BEFORE I became veg, how is eating vegan junk food/dessert really going to help my waistline? It's a smidge healthier, SURE, but it's food I don't need to be eating.

But come summer, I WILL try one to do it. Because it will be hot and then ice cream becomes a practical matter.
#11 Old 01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

The only vegan ice cream I've tried is Tofutti plain vanilla, but it was soooo good!
#12 Old 01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Purely Decadent is by far and away my favorite for eating on its own. I prefer Rice Dream vanilla when I make sundaes with fruity toppings - the sweet "ricey" flavor combines really well with warm fruit flavors. I can't stand most other brands, they taste far too fake and beany for my taste.
#13 Old 01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually go for Purely Decadent, but recently I have been unable to find my favorite flavors in the stores here in SB. I am seriously suffering from "Cookie Avalanche" withdrawals. Plus it is really hard to find rasberry flavored icecream anything. I recently tried the new coconut icecreams and they were awesomely tasty, but they give me stomach pains, I think I may be allergic to the agave nectar. That's the only product I have ever eaten that contains that ingredient.
#14 Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienerose View Post

I usually go for Purely Decadent, but recently I have been unable to find my favorite flavors in the stores here in SB. I am seriously suffering from "Cookie Avalanche" withdrawals. Plus it is really hard to find rasberry flavored icecream anything. I recently tried the new coconut icecreams and they were awesomely tasty, but they give me stomach pains, I think I may be allergic to the agave nectar. That's the only product I have ever eaten that contains that ingredient.

Really? That sucks, have you ever had that reaction to agave before? I tried the chocolate coconut for the first time today and it was pretty decent, considering I actually don't like coconut lol.
#15 Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 AM
HNV
Veggie Regular

I've only found it at one Whole Foods near me (and the flavors are limited hope you like Chocolate, and peanut butter!), but MudSlinger's Freestyle frozen desert is the best Vegan Ice cream I have ever had.

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#16 Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

A large amount of Tempt ice cream got me through the after effects of having 4 wisdom teeth pulled recently.

Ouch! Four all at once?
#17 Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan Ice Cream is soooo yummy!! The only one I've tried (so far) is So Delicious Neopolitan Ice Cream but it was soooo good. I really want to try something from Tofutti and Purely Decadent

EDIT:

So I finally tried Tofutti Ice Cream sandwiches..O..MY LORD!! They are sooo goood!!! I just ate like 3 of the little Tofutti Cuties! They're addicting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page