Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Beginner

Is Full Circle Soy Milk Vegan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

They just started having that brand at my store. I haven't tried the soy milk, I'm sorry I can't help w/ that. I did just want to say their rice milk is very good.
#3 Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM

just read the ingredients!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieMama View Post

just read the ingredients!

I did, but I'm not sure of the pareve next to the U..sorry
#5 Old 10-05-2009, 08:12 AM

Pareve next to the OU means it's probably fine:

Quote:
Foods that are neither meat (defined as the flesh of any animal other than fish) nor dairy are called pareve (also "parevine") in Judaism. This means that they contain absolutely no meat or dairy derivatives, have not been cooked or mixed with any meat or dairy foods, and were not prepared using instuments that had been used to prepare meat or dairy foods.

(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Pareve)

Of course, this does not exclude eggs, but I highly doubt that soymilk would have egg or egg-derived ingredients.

Edit (Ignore this): Test edit #4 to figure out why editing is so slow.

Edit: Huh. Didn't notice the fish part.
#6 Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by retypepassword View Post

Pareve next to the OU means it's probably fine:

(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Pareve)

Of course, this does not exclude eggs, but I highly doubt that soymilk would have egg or egg-derived ingredients.

Edit (Ignore this): Test edit #4 to figure out why editing is so slow.

I did do some research on the word Pareve and as much as I could get out of it is it might mean fish oil, but I don't know why they would put fish oil in soy milk. I really wanted to know if anyone on here drank it, and what they thought of it because I really trust the information on this board.
#7 Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 AM

Well, if it's not in the ingredients, it's most likely not there. You could call them to check at 1-888-423-0139 or I or someone else could call them for you.

Anyhow, I just called them and that didn't yield any information. They wanted the UPC barcode, which I didn't have, so I just told them I was looking at the Organic Original 64 oz. Hope that's what you're looking at. They said they'll call or e-mail me back with information, so we'll see what happens.
#8 Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by retypepassword View Post

Well, if it's not in the ingredients, it's most likely not there. You could call them to check at 1-888-423-0139 or I or someone else could call them for you.

Anyhow, I just called them and that didn't yield any information. They wanted the UPC barcode, which I didn't have, so I just told them I was looking at the Organic Original 64 oz. Hope that's what you're looking at. They said they'll call or e-mail me back with information, so we'll see what happens.

Thank you so much!! I will keep checking back to see what they say...thanks again, that is so nice of you to do...
#9 Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes
#10 Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM

Finally! A reply!

They said the soy milk doesn't have any animal or animal-derived ingredients.
#11 Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I have some sitting in the fridge right now and I have to say I don't really prefer this brand. It doesn't tast like Silk or other brands I've tried. I won't say it's bad, it's just a little different tasting.
#12 Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 PM

All these non dairy milks take some getting used to. They are an acquired taste.

When I first tried Silk a few years back, I wasn't sure I liked it. Now i really do. Especially the chocolate version.

Two of the ultimate worst one's I've tasted are "Eden soy" and "Westbrae." And the fat free Westbrae, i'd rather eat mud. Probably more tasty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page