What's for lunch?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-05-2009, 01:34 AM

I am looking for lunch ideas.

I find that lunch is one of my more difficult meals to prepare. I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing it.

What are your favorite lunch meals??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-05-2009, 04:07 AM

I love salads, vegan lasagna, purées, sandwiches, etc. for lunch.

What kind of receip are you looking for? I mean, is the food to be taken at home or out? Is it for only one person or more?
#3 Old 09-05-2009, 10:50 AM

Start doubling up when you cook dinner so you can have it for lunch the next day.

I find also, that cereal and (almond) milk is super easy when I don't want to have to cook, for any meal of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I am looking for lunch ideas that take little prep, minimal refrigeration, and don't take that long to eat. Oh and no messy stuff either. So far I've come up with: pbj sandwiches, piece of fruit, coconut milk yogurt, mixed nuts, lara or luna bars, raisins craisins or goji berries, carrots, bagel with a little container of hummus, cold black chili or kidney beans mixed with pace taco sauce (OMG soooo good), tortillas, pita stuffed with hummus, rice cakes and almond butter, crackers pretzels or chips, bagged up kashi cereal - good by itself!, a few squares off a dark chocolate bar, cold vegan spaghetti or vegan pizza. You get the picture. Even if you don't HAVE to do a bagged lunch, it is def the fastest way to go.
#5 Old 09-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Beginner

I like to bake tofu and use it as sandwhich/wrap filler Dried fruit and nuts are another favorite of mine.
#6 Old 09-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Thank you all for your ideas.

I am cooking for my husband and I.

These great ideas will keep my husband and I from feeling like we are missing out on our old eating habits.

As it is, dinner is our biggest meal which usually includes "Amy's" frozen entrees and a variety of vegetables, rice, and for desert, fruit and Soy chocolate milk, yum.

I guess I am still trying to find my routine. Vegans, definately, have to be organized and shop and think ahead of the next days meal.
#7 Old 09-06-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Doyle View Post

I love salads, vegan lasagna, purées, sandwiches, etc. for lunch.

What kind of receip are you looking for? I mean, is the food to be taken at home or out? Is it for only one person or more?

My husband eats his lunch at work and has a microwave to reheat food from home.

I eat my lunch at home. There are only two of us.

That would be great if you could share some of your favorite recipes. I feel like we are trying to learn a foreign language and appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you, so much.

kris
#8 Old 09-06-2009, 01:39 PM

I love chickpea salad sandwhiches for lunch a couple of times a week. I layer tomotoes and lettuce on it. You can search for it here. I think it is usually called "mock tuna." It is delicious!

I also have the old standby, pb&j. Sometimes I use peanut butter, other times almond butter, but mostly I use sunbutter.

Sometimes I make VLT's with mock bacon that you can buy.

Raspberries, blueberries, carrots, hummus etc. usually round out my lunch.

Hope that helps!

( Here is the recipe I use for chickpea salad http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mock-Tu...ad/Detail.aspx )
#9 Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyNest View Post

I love chickpea salad sandwhiches for lunch a couple of times a week. I layer tomotoes and lettuce on it. You can search for it here. I think it is usually called "mock tuna." It is delicious!

I also have the old standby, pb&j. Sometimes I use peanut butter, other times almond butter, but mostly I use sunbutter.

Sometimes I make VLT's with mock bacon that you can buy.

Raspberries, blueberries, carrots, hummus etc. usually round out my lunch.

Hope that helps!

( Here is the recipe I use for chickpea salad http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mock-Tu...ad/Detail.aspx )

Thank you, Bunny!

That sounds yummy. I did buy some Vegan bacon to go into one of my soup recipes. I will try the VLT. I love tomatoes, big time..

Thank you again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page