Vegan diet linked to mental illness??? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 PM

Hi,

I have a vegan friend who has practiced ethical veganism for 20 years.

Of course, one respects other people personal opinion etc... and it was fine like so.

When I got romantically involved with her, i started noticing she is very much Borderline PD and is not even diagnosed so. Denial is her way.

She also follows a spiritual group which honestly qualifies as a sect (in wikipedia for instance, but in my personal opinion too) . This spiritual group is what got her into veganism. They meditate a lot and the Guru does good actions against misery etc... it is quite harmless except for the way the adepts think which is totally out of this world, in my humble opinion of normal guy socially fit and educated with a master of science and a succefull professional career.

Besides, I noticed a tendency to OCD in some of her actions.

OCD, sect entrapment, serious BPD and a half a life time of veganism!!!

BPD is known for creating eating disorders.

The way some vegans take half an hour to order just a green salad with olive only in a restaurant sometimes does look like "control freakness" disorder, the need to control something, even if it is super trivial.

May be vegan leads to some nutrition lack that evolves into personality disorder.

OR, more likely,

Personality disorders can lead someone to become Vegan (or something else rare) as the expression of their disease, need to control, compulsive behaviour, anxiety about what they eat....

That s what I thought about eventually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normaldude View Post

Hi,

I have a vegan friend who has practiced ethical veganism for 20 years.

Of course, one respects other people personal opinion etc... and it was fine like so.

When I got romantically involved with her, i started noticing she is very much Borderline PD and is not even diagnosed so. Denial is her way.

She also follows a spiritual group which honestly qualifies as a sect (in wikipedia for instance, but in my personal opinion too) . This spiritual group is what got her into veganism. They meditate a lot and the Guru does good actions against misery etc... it is quite harmless except for the way the adepts think which is totally out of this world, in my humble opinion of normal guy socially fit and educated with a master of science and a succefull professional career.

Besides, I noticed a tendency to OCD in some of her actions.

OCD, sect entrapment, serious BPD and a half a life time of veganism!!!

BPD is known for creating eating disorders.

The way some vegans take half an hour to order just a green salad with olive only in a restaurant sometimes does look like "control freakness" disorder, the need to control something, even if it is super trivial.

May be vegan leads to some nutrition lack that evolves into personality disorder.

OR, more likely,

Personality disorders can lead someone to become Vegan (or something else rare) as the expression of their disease, need to control, compulsive behaviour, anxiety about what they eat....

That s what I thought about eventually.

I read about a guy that ate non human animal meat. He seemed a little weird. Then he began killing humans and eating their meat. He seemed really weird. Then he was killed. Must have been the omni diet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page