VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Pet Food (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/59-pet-food/)
-   -   pumpkin peanutbutter dog biscuits (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/59-pet-food/91800-pumpkin-peanutbutter-dog-biscuits.html)

zippyzappy 12-20-2008 07:17 AM

pumpkin peanutbutter dog biscuits

Category: For The Animals

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet

Preparation Time: minutes

Serves:

Ingredients:

-----------------------------------------------------

2-3 cans plain pumpkin

1 c. peanut butter

whole wheat or other flour

Instructions:

Mix pumpkin and peanut butter. Add enough whole wheat flour to make a stiff dough. Knead well and roll small batches into long ropes. Cut rope into dog biscuits of desired size.

Place biscuits on a baking sheet and dry/bake at 250-300 degrees F. for several hours until dry enough not to get mouldy but with just the tiniest bit of 'give'.

Additional comments:

Pumpkin is good for dogs who tend to have loose stools, as many greyhounds do. My guys line up at the counter while I'm making these, because they love the raw dough best of all.

112inky 03-27-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyzappy View Post

pumpkin peanutbutter dog biscuits

Category: For The Animals

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet

Preparation Time: minutes

Serves:

Ingredients:

2-3 cans plain pumpkin

1 c. peanut butter

whole wheat or other flour

Instructions:

Mix pumpkin and peanut butter. Add enough whole wheat flour to make a stiff dough. Knead well and roll small batches into long ropes. Cut rope into dog biscuits of desired size.

Place biscuits on a baking sheet and dry/bake at 250-300 degrees F. for several hours until dry enough not to get mouldy but with just the tiniest bit of 'give'.

Additional comments:

Pumpkin is good for dogs who tend to have loose stools, as many greyhounds do. My guys line up at the counter while I'm making these, because they love the raw dough best of all.

Hey my dog loved it a lot... it seems he was very fond of it that he went looking for it the whole house trying to hunt the food himself.. thanks a lot for specifying a good vegan diet for my pet!!!!!!

4theloveofdanes 05-29-2009 09:47 AM

these look great. i love to bake for my pooches, they love it too so i am defo going to give these a try

thanks

Karen

345234 12-06-2012 04:41 AM

what does the tiniest bit of 'give' mean? By the way,my pet dogs really liked it. I think it was the pumpkin in them. They were as happy as bananas! dancingbanana.gif

LOL!

iradogs 12-30-2013 10:48 PM

I'll have to try this. My dogs love peanut butter and sweet potatoes (separately) so I'm sure they'll love pumpkin. Although I could try this with sweet potatoes as well.

Funny thing. My dogs didn't like sweet potatoes until I gave them sweet potato-wrapped chicken. Now they'll eat them by themselves. And I don't have to buy the chicken version anymore :D.