SFP LXII: Ugh, Too Many Leftover Tofurky Slut Sammiches! - Page 27 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#781 Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Veggie Regular

My mom thinks she has or is getting an ulcer. Well, no wonder, she worries endlessly about every damn thing in the universe. When she called me to come back because I hit the guy's car, she sounded like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. I was rather upset myself, but I'm not going to flagellate myself over it. First, I have insurance. Second, nobody got hurt, which is more important in my book than damage to the car. My mother needs to take a Chill Pill the size of the state of California.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#782 Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad everyone's ok, Amy. (As in I'm glad no one was in the parked car and you're ok too.)
#783 Old 11-28-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreep heather View Post

Does anyone know if this has been posted??

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...p/?cl=10849410

It's so sweet. I wanna share it

ETA: Obviously I'm lazy. You don't have to look, I was just asking off handed-ly

That has been posted in the Favorite Youtube videos thread.

It's a neat video, and pretty interesting story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#784 Old 11-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Beginner

'Morning Sluts!

I'm off to work with my mom, see you all later!
#785 Old 11-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Eh I made a thread for it anyhow. It'll either just die as quickly as it was made or..well...that's only option. Nevermind
#786 Old 11-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post

I just want to say that tofurky is a good thing, and contrary to the title...I wish I had more leftovers.

My meal was superb...and I have lots of leftovers, seeing as I made full-sized servings of the recipes and the only ones eating what I made was myself and my cousin's SO...he was very excited to have an entire meal that was vegan. And I was excited that I had someone to share it with who actually liked everything I made!

You can come over and share my leftovers...I already dug into them before I went to bed...something I would NEVER consider doing, ordinarily. And there's plenty more for today and tomorrow!!

I'm going to need a serious cleanse, come next week!
#787 Old 11-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Amy...that's awful. Even though it was a minor accident, it's still stressful and sucky... Glad it wasn't too big of a deal.

If it really is just the headlight, couldn't you buy a replacement and have someone pop it in? I helped Sabrina replace her headlight a few weeks ago...oh, wait...I think that was just the bulb...probably a big difference in degree of difficulty....
#788 Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

My meal was superb...and I have lots of leftovers, seeing as I made full-sized servings of the recipes and the only ones eating what I made was myself and my cousin's SO...he was very excited to have an entire meal that was vegan. And I was excited that I had someone to share it with who actually liked everything I made!

You can come over and share my leftovers...I already dug into them before I went to bed...something I would NEVER consider doing, ordinarily. And there's plenty more for today and tomorrow!!

I'm going to need a serious cleanse, come next week!

Send them a ways over the border to me, will ya? My 'feast' consisted of the cooked squash I swiped from my mom and green beans. That does not = Robust Vegan.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#789 Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Beginner

My parents and I went to my mom's dad's house, and he had a bunch of our relatives over (who I don't even know), but we were talking and the conversation began to switch to the topic of the economy, but the lady who we were talking with said that *probably* don't understand much about the economy (before my parents told her otherwise and we talked about politics), and it kinda offended me Just because I'm 14 doesn't mean that I don't understand, at least a little, about the world I live in.

*hopes that made sense*
#790 Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Bella View Post

My parents and I went to my mom's dad's house, and he had a bunch of our relatives over (who I don't even know), but we were talking and the conversation began to switch to the topic of the economy, but the lady who we were talking with said that *probably* don't understand much about the economy (before my parents told her otherwise and we talked about politics), and it kinda offended me Just because I'm 14 doesn't mean that I don't understand, at least a little, about the world I live in.

*hopes that made sense*

You probably know more about the economy than I do and I'm way over 14! I'm actually thinking about starting a thread called "Economics 101". I find the subject fascinating but confess I have a lot of questions...the people I talk to seem to oversimply things and I'd like to get to the nitty gritty of it all. We have a lot of knowledgeable/vocal people here and I would love to hear everyone's opinions.
#791 Old 11-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Amy...that's awful. Even though it was a minor accident, it's still stressful and sucky... Glad it wasn't too big of a deal.

If it really is just the headlight, couldn't you buy a replacement and have someone pop it in? I helped Sabrina replace her headlight a few weeks ago...oh, wait...I think that was just the bulb...probably a big difference in degree of difficulty....

No, I broke the entire headlight encasement, or whatever you call it. It definitely requires a body shop to fix it.

#792 Old 11-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Bella View Post

*hopes that made sense*

I hate it when adults talk down to kids and treat them like idiots. I know you're pretty smart. We have a lot of smart teens on this board..they have to be smart, to connect the dots and come to the conclusion that a veg*an diet is not only healthier but more ethical than an omni diet.*

*and yes I know there are omnis who try to maintain a healthy diet even though they eat animals. I stand by my opinion, though.

#793 Old 11-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I took a lot of leftovers home yesterday...not sure what to take for lunch today.

I could have taken even more. I passed on the leftover bread, there were still tons of my mom's roasted veggies left, including sweet potatoes. Good news is there were a lot of leftover desserts, including what was left of the vegan apple and pumpkin pies I bought, but I resisted taking any of the desserts home.

I have a feeling some of what I DID take home will end up getting thrown out anyway.

#794 Old 11-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I hit my head really hard last night, and it was bleeding a bit. Today, my head hurts so bad. I did the one thing you're NOT supposed to do when you get a head injury of any sort...I fell asleep right after.

Dumb of me.

Hmmm, I wonder if Pei Wei is open today...
#795 Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Does anyone know if this has been posted??

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...p/?cl=10849410

It's so sweet. I wanna share it

ETA: Obviously I'm lazy. You don't have to look, I was just asking off handed-ly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome. It made me cry.

Me too!
#796 Old 11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

So I'm mad at my kitteh today. E got me a nice bouquet of flowers for our one month anniversary and I put them up on this ledge. Well, kitteh decided to go up there and KNOCK THEM OVER!!! So I have a broken vase. The flowers seem ok though.

And he's apologizing big time right now, laying in my lap giving me kisses and making biscuits
#797 Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

WTF!!! He just got up there AGAIN! So I got out the spray bottle and got him good

I don't normally use it on him (shaking it usually seems to have the desired effect) but this called for war

Now he's licking the water off his back and is pissed at me

I need to move the flowers I just don't know where to - he can access pretty much any ledge in this place
#798 Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

So I'm mad at my kitteh today. E got me a nice bouquet of flowers for our one month anniversary and I put them up on this ledge. Well, kitteh decided to go up there and KNOCK THEM OVER!!! So I have a broken vase. The flowers seem ok though.

And he's apologizing big time right now, laying in my lap giving me kisses and making biscuits

Awee.

Poor kitteh. Poor vase. But at least you're getting a good apology
#799 Old 11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

WTF!!! He just got up there AGAIN! So I got out the spray bottle and got him good

I don't normally use it on him (shaking it usually seems to have the desired effect) but this called for war

Now he's licking the water off his back and is pissed at me

I need to move the flowers I just don't know where to - he can access pretty much any ledge in this place

Looks like I spoke too soon
#800 Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah well I don't think he really was sorry. Or he was just trying to get on my good side before offending me again!
#801 Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Looks like I spoke too soon

#802 Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh now I feel bad about spraying him
#803 Old 11-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Awee

But he was being a bad kitteh.
#804 Old 11-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Quorn turk'y roast is AWESOME!

Heck yes it is!! I hope everyone had a GREAT ThanksLiving!! I JUST got home from shopping!! This was my first time shopping on Black Friday and I've been out shoppin' since 2 o'clock this morning. Wow!! What an experience!! I got THE best deals EVER and am completely done with everyone except H.B. Woot! Woot! Tomorrow we put up the tree, decorate and wrap presents.
#805 Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Awee

But he was being a bad kitteh.

Yes he was. But I'm also being a bad kitteh companion by leaving flowers (which he likes to nom) in a place where he can reach them - and then to expect him not to nom them.
#806 Old 11-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes he was. But I'm also being a bad kitteh companion by leaving flowers (which he likes to nom) in a place where he can reach them - and then to expect him not to nom them.

Awee

Well a different location for the flower would fix it

The bunneh decided that he couldn't wait the 5 seconds to open the food for him and decided to jump in this bowl of hay that I had for him. He spilled it EVERYWHERE. I have to wait until I get home tonight to clean it.

#807 Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

Heck yes it is!! I hope everyone had a GREAT ThanksLiving!! I JUST got home from shopping!! This was my first time shopping on Black Friday and I've been out shoppin' since 2 o'clock this morning. Wow!! What an experience!! I got THE best deals EVER and am completely done with everyone except H.B. Woot! Woot! Tomorrow we put up the tree, decorate and wrap presents.

You are braver than I am
#808 Old 11-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Awee

Well a different location for the flower would fix it

That's the thing... there really isn't another location
#809 Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That's the thing... there really isn't another location

Awee. Hmm.

Well Im' out of ideas!
#810 Old 11-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Hmm maybe I'll put some sticky tape up on the ledge
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page