Random Musings - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Veggie Regular

1. I see where actress Gwyneth Paltrow named her daughter "Apple." Thank goodness this has not started a trend in which people give their children such fruity names as Banana, Mango, Papaya, Grapefruit, Cantaloupe or Pomegranate. If they did, eating a simple fruit salad would make a lot of people sound like cannibals.

2. Speaking of names, we have such surnames as Gray, Brown, Black, White, and Green. But why no such surnames as Red, Purple, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Teal, Chartreuse, or Vermilion? The world would be a lot prettier place if we all had a rainbow of names to go by.

3. If it is true that if we stamp our foot and a speck of dust falls to the earth, making the earth weigh just a little bit more, what would happen if each and every person on the planet dropped the complete, full-sized set of the Oxford English Dictionary on the ground? Would the Earth completely tilt out of balance?

4. I understand that the early bird catches the worm. But what would happen if all worms got smart and stayed underground in the morning and only came out at night? We would then have to change the saying to "the night owl catches the worm." Still true, but not quite as, um, catchy.

5. If English was designated the Official Language of the United States, wouldn't that make the teaching of foreign languages in schools illegal? I can just see underground foreign language classes flourishing in peoples' homes, windows covered with black cloth so the police couldn't see inside. French grammar books would have false covers to make them look like copies of People magazine, and Americans might no longer be able to pray in the language of their choice, but be required to pray in English. Perhaps that last part wouldn't be so bad; at least they'd be able to understand what they were saying.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Veggie Regular

You should be a stand up comedian
#3 Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

1. If you put two and two together, then what will four do?

2. If a man can jump, then will the same man be able to swim?

3. If you go to a store where everything's two dollars, then shouldn't you be allowed to take everything in the store if you only have two dollars?

4. What's with upsidedown cake?, no matter what way to turn it, it will always be an upsidedown cake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Why do omnis find it to be amusing as hell to make fun of the token vegan ["I'm going to the grocery store, ya want anything?"....."She wants a great big STEAK!! Right? Haha!!", etc etc]?

Is it just as rewarding taunting individuals who self-impose other dietary restrictions upon themselves, I.E. kosher, etc.??

Apparently not, from what I've seen....

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#5 Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Beginner

1) I don't think Apple's such a bad name, but I'm not saying it's great either. I think Papaya wouldn't be so bad. Gwyneth Paltrow isn't as mad as whoever named their child: "Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero

Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus

Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff"

3) If you want to find out, everybody on VeggieBoards should start a trend of dropping heavy books onto the ground for good luck.

4) At least people like me would get whatever the worm is.

EDIT: Oh, I thought we were supposed to comment on your random musings! :S Oops...
#6 Old 10-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Why do omnis find it to be amusing as hell to make fun of the token vegan ["I'm going to the grocery store, ya want anything?"....."She wants a great big STEAK!! Right? Haha!!", etc etc]?

Is it just as rewarding taunting individuals who self-impose other dietary restrictions upon themselves, I.E. kosher, etc.??

Apparently not, from what I've seen....

That's also how my mother would act if I went to grocery store and asked that question, she's said the big peice of meat thing before
#7 Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

If a war breaks out, shouldn't all the people buried next to gravestones with "rest in peace" on them get a job?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#8 Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 PM

Owls don't eat worms.
#9 Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
3. If you go to a store where everything's two dollars, then shouldn't you be allowed to take everything in the store if you only have two dollars?

They certainly should.
#10 Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank goodness for stretch pants.

#11 Old 11-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Beginner

as a scientist and engineer, i must inform you that #3 made my brain cry...
#12 Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Random musings:

I had to pay for school today that sucked

But I found out my other sis is pregnant so I will be an uncle again!

Also my 2 year vegan anniversary is coming up December 1!

Wait! We should have a thread called the random nonsense thread or something where we just post random stuff that happened or anything. Two other forums I post on have this. Is this thread like that?

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#13 Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

Random musings:

I had to pay for school today that sucked

But I found out my other sis is pregnant so I will be an uncle again!

Also my 2 year vegan anniversary is coming up December 1!

Wait! We should have a thread called the random nonsense thread or something where we just post random stuff that happened or anything. Two other forums I post on have this. Is this thread like that?

We DO have a thread like that. It's called the Slut thread, or SFP thread. Come on over and post your random nonsense there, and maybe someone will respond to your random nonsense!

#14 Old 11-26-2008, 12:47 PM

why do they call a pear a pear if there's only one

if white wine goes with fish, do white grapes go with sushi?

if a stealth bomber crashes in the forest, does it make a sound?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page