What is a fruitarian? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Should fruitarians eat raw food? Should they eat roots? Should they eat dairy? Should they eat the fruit of my loom?

Discuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

Fruity balloon.

Wait, what?

Um roots, no. Dairy, no. Raw food, I THOUGHT so, although if they're fruitarian for "I don't want to kill anything!" rather than "Raw food is healthy!" then i guess it doesn't really matter if they cook it. I thought they were raw, but apparently not. <shrug>
#3 Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

fruitarian

n.

that which remilard fears and ridicules because he hasn't the decency to accept the fact that others have more discipline than him.

Have a nice day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Simmer down, kids.
#5 Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

roots and dairy? that sounds... odd for a fruitarian to consume.

I do still wonder about wood and paper products (books,etc) and how fruitarians cope with such things?

are they just "acceptable allowances" much like a vegan that drives a car? Or do some fruitarians strive to not use them?
#6 Old 01-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

This thread should be merged with the other one in the heap.

from the "what do you think of meat eaters" thread:

===================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

The best definition I've seen can be found at wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarian

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia View Post

Some fruitarians will eat only what falls (or would fall) naturally from a plant, that is: foods that can be harvested without killing the plant. These foods consist primarily of culinary fruits, nuts, and seeds[7]. Many do not eat grains, believing it is unnatural to do so[8], and some fruitarians feel that it is improper for humans to eat seeds[9]. Additionally, there are fruitarians who believe they should eat only plants that spread seeds when the plant is eaten.[10] Others eat seeds and some cooked foods.[11]

Many fruitarians use the botanical definitions of fruits and consume pulses,[12] while others include green leafy vegetables[13] and/or root vegetables[14] in their diet. Some occasionally consume some dairy products as well.[15]

How is this different from being vegetarian or vegan, then?

You can eat fruit, pulses, greens, roots, seeds, dairy....

If I wrote an article about vegans but said some vegans eat fish & dairy, no one would consider me a credible source. Yet wikipedia...

===================================

I'm still waiting for an explanation for the difference between a vegetarian & a fruitarian who eats roots, pulses, and dairy.
#7 Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Fruity balloon.

Wait, what?

Um roots, no. Dairy, no. Raw food, I THOUGHT so, although if they're fruitarian for "I don't want to kill anything!" rather than "Raw food is healthy!" then i guess it doesn't really matter if they cook it. I thought they were raw, but apparently not. <shrug>

I don't think not killing things is the motivation, certainly del mar tortillas don't use wheat that was harvested saving the stalk
#8 Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

fruitarian

n.

that which remilard fears and ridicules because he hasn't the decency to accept the fact that others have more discipline than him.

Have a nice day

having a job and bathing take some discipline
#9 Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

An explanation of what is going on, for the benefit of the newbies.

A year ago I embarrassed remilard at another forum where he goes to talk about VBers behind their backs. Remilard never got over the embarrassment, and now, a year later, he keeps trying to get his punches in. I tire of you remilard. Have fun with your thread.

MOD: please delete this pitiful thread already. While you're at it, please consider banning remilard again. He's just out of control these days.
#10 Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

If you want to discuss this topic seriously (without personal remarks) feel free to do so in the established thread.

I'm putting an end to this thread NOW.

Nec Aspera Terrent
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page