Slut for Power XXXII: 2007: The Year of the Slut! - Page 148 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#4411 Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wonder View Post

I'm not big on bars or flirting with complete strangers, but I'll flirt with friends, acquaintances, and even people I've just been introduced to not only because it's fun, but it's also another method of bonding and makes both parties feel good, usually. It's another form of play, as long as both parties understand that it's not going anywhere.

~Wondre

I guess. I just don't see the point in bull****ting interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4412 Old 01-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgor72 View Post

one of my darling doggies has the sleep stinkies... whew! bout' to open a window. Da-hang.

I was just in the kitchen cutting up a cucumber for pickles that smelled so divine I thought I was in cucumber nirvana, until a kitty, being the wee beastie that it is, blasted the mightiest of dookies, sending me falling back to earth. It was one of those that make you gag. They always know just when to do that

I still can't wait for those pickles

~Wondre
#4413 Old 01-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

I love that my cats poop has NO smell.

I recall not-so-fondly the days of threatening them with selling them to uh...foreign-food type restaurants because they smelled so bad when they pooped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4414 Old 01-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

I love that my cats poop has NO smell.

They're not my cats, they're my roommates'. If they were, I'd definately try feeding them raw. Until then, I'll just grow them all the wheat grass they can eat and pray I don't have to clean out the litter box.

~Wondre
#4415 Old 01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Banned

They still have that weird faintly fishy cat breath.
#4416 Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

If I'm interested in someone, I'll show interest. If I'm not, then I don't. I don't see what the point of flirting with someone (faking interest) if you aren't interested. I don't understand how people say "Flirting is fun" um..faking interest is fun?

I don't get that stuff either.

m8itcanw8.com
#4417 Old 01-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

I know! I only watch the auditions part of American Idol. Sometimes I feel bad for them, mostly because their friends and family didn't save them from the embarrassment by telling them they can't really sing. Oh well.

I never watch AI, but I watched the first two seasons of So You Think You Can Dance (which airs on Fox in the summers and I'm SO looking forward to season 3), but I guess it's the same thing with the dancing. Some of these auditioners have "two left feet" and look like crippled elephants (no offense to elephants, crippled elephants, and elephant lovers) galumphing around the stage, and the expressions of the judges are just priceless. Last season there was one guy whose mother thought he was Fred Astaire reincarnate, and when he never made it past the first audition, she looked like she was going to sue the entire planet. "My baby stinks at dancing? Nevah!" There was another auditioner who was apparently walking down the street, saw the line of people waiting to audition, and decided to audition herself. The thought that she might actually not be able to dance apparently never crossed her mind.

*this space not for sale*
#4418 Old 01-24-2007, 03:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I missed pgor.

I never flirt. I can't handle the rejections.

#4419 Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, I thought I like flirting until I looked up the definition and realized it's not what I do....I'm definitely not comfortable with the 'pretend to be interested' part of it. And I've been married for 32 years to I certainly can't 'mean' it...anyway, I don't know what to call what I do...unless it's just really liking people in general, and being very warm and friendly!
#4420 Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi pgor...bye pgor....
#4421 Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm boycotting American Idol until the auditions are over....I know, I know, the contestants should know what they're getting into...but I don't care, I think the judges cross the meanness line. And I agree, a lot of it is staged.
#4422 Old 01-24-2007, 03:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Karen. I have to get back to bed. It's 3:00 a.m. here. I just wanted to do some catch-up in case VB is down later when I check back in.

Good night!

#4423 Old 01-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Ugh, I got five hours of sleep the previous two nights and it's looking like four or less tonight. I may keel over dead halfway through tomorrow. *sigh*
#4424 Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I look at it like those "bi-curious" chicks at the bar who make out with their friends because they're that hard up for male attention and can't get it any other way.

I just don't get it.

If I'm interested in someone, I'll show interest. If I'm not, then I don't. I don't see what the point of flirting with someone (faking interest) if you aren't interested. I don't understand how people say "Flirting is fun" um..faking interest is fun? It's especially..special..when it's someone who has a boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance & they say "I'm a flirt, it's my nature. My <bf/gf/fiance> knows this. It's just how I am" Ok so you show sexual/romantic interest in other people even though you're taken, because it's "fun?"

I just..don't get it.

I also think it's strange to flirt with someone who you aren't interested in. I am generally interested in people so i flirt A LOT. even if i have a SO i still find other people attractive and interesting so i still flirt.

also, I wouldn't classify girls who make out with girls at bars for guys attention bi-anything. they are just girls who kiss girls. *shrug*
#4425 Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Beginner

good morning slutters, it's COLD!
#4426 Old 01-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Good morning! I have too much work to do. Don't expect to hear much from me today.
#4427 Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Beginner

Good morning all I really should get my butt movin'.
#4428 Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

school day of protest is set for Friday. it's going to be *****in'.

#4429 Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post

school day of protest is set for Friday. it's going to be *****in'.

What are you protesting? Reading, writing and 'rithmetic?

#4430 Old 01-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

What are you protesting? Reading, writing and 'rithmetic?

the fact that our principal is showing a bias towards non-academic activities, such as debate.. the sports teams get a day off and a pep assembly when they win state.. we get a pat on the back and are told to go do work.

I'm starting a grassroots protest that is going to basically include a day to skip, and prompting discussion over this.
#4431 Old 01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Ah, katt, you may find yourself governor of Kansas before you know it.

#4432 Old 01-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Beginner

Quote:

the fact that our principal is showing a bias towards non-academic activities, such as debate.. the sports teams get a day off and a pep assembly when they win state.. we get a pat on the back and are told to go do work.

I'm starting a grassroots protest that is going to basically include a day to skip, and prompting discussion over this.

i organized a walkout in protest of budget cuts when i was in 7th grade, we got 2 days detention for every class missed (i think i ended up with 12 days). we ended up getting about 50 kids to walk out and just walk around the building until the end of the day.
#4433 Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Our principal is very academically minded, and fully admits that he does this. He basically said it was because the community and vast majority of the student body doesn't care, and thus would make a mockery of the whole thing.

It's really sad. Our academic quiz team has won the county twice (that competition doesn't go higher than county) and made it into the finals in the televised competition the first year we competed. My best friend actually made it to the national spelling bee in middle school, and it was kind of a joke among the student body, although the teachers and community were really rooting for her.

The way I see it, institutionalized cheering won't work until the student body cares. Otherwise they're just going to make pep rallies, etc. into a joke and embarrass the people involved.

But that's just my experience. If you think it will work in your school, I support you entirely. Good luck!
#4434 Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone please invent cardio equipment for gyms with a built in iPod charger. Thank you in advance.
#4435 Old 01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

How, exactly, is Red Bull a "natural health product"?
#4436 Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

i walked out of 2nd period class all four years of HS to get breakfast

mmmm. King Bagel, Clifton, NJ. how i miss you.
#4437 Old 01-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

i just cleaned the fridge.
#4438 Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Conway View Post

i organized a walkout in protest of budget cuts when i was in 7th grade, we got 2 days detention for every class missed (i think i ended up with 12 days). we ended up getting about 50 kids to walk out and just walk around the building until the end of the day.

You young rebel you!
#4439 Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

jeezycreezy on flirting...

The first rule of flirt club is you don't talk about flirting. Telling people you are flirting is like telling people you are funny; it ceases to have any effect. If you are flirting successfully or being funny then there's really no need to explain to people what you are doing.

I can barely muster the energy to have a polite conversation with someone I have no interest in. No way could I flirt with them. Assuming I knew how.

jeezycreezy on scarlet...

Wait, what? I mean, welcome back. I'm only surprised you weren't back sooner.

jeezycreezy on American Idol...

Another season of staged delusional Americans wasting my time.

jeezycreezy on protesting in schools...

If you think life is unfair now you're in for a world of hurt. Nevertheless, good luck to you.

jeezycreezy on Red Bull...

Is what you are currently experiencing.
#4440 Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Beginner

we were really upset, because we had heard rumors that a couple of really great teachers were going to get the axe. they ended up staying, but i doubt it had anything to do with our walkout.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page